Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Dayhuff
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

I was wondering, how do you guys pay when you buy/sell a pinball in person and you want to take it with you right now since you made a few hour drive to get there? Cash, you have to go to the bank if you can go there when they are open(lol) or to the ATM I am limited to 1000$ per day in two shot of 500$. By check, the guy selling do not know if the check will clear untill a few days. Certified check, you have the bank opening hours again and the amount is fix. Wire money trought my bank take 3 days to ad the person before I can send him money. Paypal, I don't know how it works... Tell me if I'm wrong on something or if there's another way, or if I should change bank

#2 11 years ago

Cash.
    I would not take a personal check or a certified check from someone I don't know.
    Even certified checks can be fake and look good.

#3 11 years ago

Cash, Face to face

#4 11 years ago

I can call my bank at any time day or night and have them raise my atm limit for a one time transaction. Then it goes back to the standard $1000 limit. Not all banks do this but BoA does so I'm sure others will.

#5 11 years ago

I owe you notes with a barely readable signature are usually fine

#6 11 years ago

Cash is king.

#7 11 years ago

C*A*S*H on pickup. Its gotta be green or its going to get mean. If not... one would be the fool and the other a tool.

#8 11 years ago

The OP question was the best way to "pay" for a pin. My answer is via Paypal linked to my LLC's credit card. I get the miles, pay of the CC and write off the purchase as a business expense.

Easy to do with a good accountant and an LLC formed for "any lawful purpose or purposes not expressly prohibited under the laws of the state of X." Works with cars and many other things too assuming that you have an LLC that is able to generate at least some income.

The best way to get "paid" of course is in cash.

#9 11 years ago

Know the price when you're going to look at it and bring CASH. If the price isn't agreed upon before you get there, be sure you've brought enough to cover the high end.

#10 11 years ago
    Quoted from S37VEN:

Easy to do with a good accountant and an LLC formed for "any lawful purpose or purposes not expressly prohibited under the laws of the state of X." Works with cars and many other things too assuming that you have an LLC that is able to generate at least some income.

I don't even know where to start with this, and keep the discussion civil...

#11 11 years ago

If you need to pull out cash and you aren't near your bank, just go to a Walmart. It costs $6 at the customer service or their financial desk and you can withdraw money using your debit card without any limit (well, other than your bank balance

This is exactly how I have done it when I have needed to get cash while out of state for five of my purchases. Anyway, if your bank is closed or not in the area when you need more than ATM cash then just hit Walmart. Seriously, six bucks...

#12 11 years ago

Cash only. Buying or selling.

#13 11 years ago
    Quoted from S37VEN:

The OP question was the best way to "pay" for a pin. My answer is via Paypal linked to my LLC's credit card.

You left off part of the question, best way to pay face to face. Your way is OK with smartphones but cash is king in his scenario. I only use cash both ways for pins with one exception. Used a card to get miles when I bought WOZ. It was not possible to use cash face to face.

#14 11 years ago

Debt is dumb!
    Sounds like some fans here.

#15 11 years ago

Cash. I think there are some people here who will take a business check from me now also. I prefer it that way for accounting.

#16 11 years ago

When buying from a retailer online, or something like that, I use my CC to get the points, as others have stated, then pay it off when the bill comes. I've also paid with a check to online retailers, but that was when pre-ordering a game, which gave them plenty of time for the check to clear.

When buying or selling with other collectors I've always done cash.

#18 11 years ago

Seems to me that there is a good deal of trust involved in a scenario where
    you take a significant amount of cash to a random stranger's home (or who
    knows where?) in the hope's of buying a pin. With the market the way it is,
    I bet most folks are inclined to buy during their initial visit. (Not willing to possibly
    lose out by saying I will be right back with the cash.)

I also hope that nobody goes on these buying adventures alone. Most people
    are honest, but unfortunately some folks out there are not.

Or I am being too paranoid?

#19 11 years ago
    Quoted from HeyYouSir:

Or I am being too paranoid?

No.

#20 11 years ago
    Quoted from HeyYouSir:

I also hope that nobody goes on these buying adventures alone. Most people
    are honest, but unfortunately some folks out there are not.

Yeah, don't show up for your $2,800 MM alone with cash in your pocket. Your cash will be gone and you'll wake up in a bathtub full of ice, minus one kidney.

#21 11 years ago

SCH - Straight Cash Homie.
    Can't cash a check immediatlly after you get one, and can't wheel and deal a seller with a checkbook.

#22 11 years ago
    Quoted from S37VEN:

The OP question was the best way to "pay" for a pin. My answer is via Paypal linked to my LLC's credit card. I get the miles, pay of the CC and write off the purchase as a business expense.
    The best way to get "paid" of course is in cash.

Sounds like a GOP, tea baggin' wet dream to me. If you're not those things, I apologize in advance. But it's usually these types of people who also complain of welfare recipients "gaming the system".

#23 11 years ago

Reminds me of a EATPM I was selling a few years ago at the Zoo show....I spent a half hour talking with the guy and showing him the game blah, blah....and he decides he wants it and it comes down to the payment part and he says "will you take a check?". I told him no and he then asked if a credit card would be ok? Again I shook my head and said NO. So now he gives me this strange look and says, " we'll what then ?". I said, CASH. He tells me he doesn't have the cash and I said, I dont know what to tell you then.......NEXT !! Needless to say the game sold two hours later to someone with cash in hand. Old school.

John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, Mi.
    269-979-3836

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-the-best-way-to-pay-for-a-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.