(Topic ID: 36592)

What's the best way to get a pinball up a flight of stairs?

By copperpot

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

YodaForceLift.jpg
    pindolly_003.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tracelifter.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#40 11 years ago

Escalaras are incredible but very expensive. Appliance dolly with one up top and one on bottom works well. I always do a "1 - 2 - 3 - Step" for each step. The person on the top has the hardest work. I recently brought a Mortal Kombat 27" video game and a TSPP out of a guy's basement. After getting that monster game out, the TSPP felt as light as a feather. I need a lighter hobby.
    Worst one I ever did was a Gottlieb Circus up stairs with a turn in them by myself. That was nuts!

Appliance dolly is too heavy, here is one I made up with a longer handle for the guy at the top (me).
    2 guys with this is easy doing the 1-2-3 bump on each tread.

pindolly_003.jpgpindolly_003.jpg

#54 11 years ago
    Quoted from awarner:

I have 2 Appliance Dollys. While they both work for steps, I usually use my lighter one for steps. My heavier one works best for heavy games because it has rear fly-out wheels to hold the weight.

I have a regular appliance dolly but this one works better on stairs.
    I would like to get one with the kickout wheels, when moving 100+ games during load in and out at shows those things are a lifesaver.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tracelifter.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-the-best-way-to-get-a-pinball-up-a-flight-of-stairs?tu=tracelifter and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.