Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 86 posts
  • 51 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Homepin
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pintard version 2 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3644 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0315 (resized).PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider replayryan.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#43 6 years ago

For the sale of a pinball machine, a wire transfer is the best way to receive payment. Period.

But this thread is silly, not because the OP almost fell for the easiest scam in the book (sorry OP ), but because it doesn't consider the buying end. On Pinside especially, so many are quick to say they only want a wire or cash when selling but when they go to buy it's always "wellll I want to use my credit card/Paypal for protection" when cash on pickup isn't an option.

#57 6 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

I've a side question, what if you were buying or selling a car? That could be 10x the cost of a pinball machine.
    I've never bought a car private sale because I was not sure how to protect in case it was a fake title or if the car was not paid off or some other detail.

Cashier's check or wire transfer. Paypal to hold a deposit of a couple hundred.

Cash works if it's a smaller amount (<$10k), otherwise you draw flags trying to pull that much cash out of a bank unless you already have it, and it is risky for obvious reasons. I once bought a car for $35k cash from a private seller because the seller requested it (later found out why, tax reasons) and while we were there counting the money I couldn't help but think how easy it would be for them to rob me, even though everything checked out.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider replayryan.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-the-best-way-to-accept-payment-for-a-machine?tu=replayryan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.