Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 86 posts
  • 51 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Homepin
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pintard version 2 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3644 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0315 (resized).PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Homepin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#44 6 years ago
    Quoted from T-800:

Are you saying they would issue a chargeback on their credit card and then that card would come after the paypal account holder, i.e. sue them for the cash (it's easy enough to keep your paypal accountat zero balance and any associated bank accounts)? I guess that makes some sense... but who is going to start that and risk going to court when they are the ones doing the scamming? In all seriousness, has anyone actually been screwed over by the gifting option or is this all hypothetical?
    As for hacking, that's a different deal and carries the same risk as any banking with online ability.

PayPus is the LEAST safe payment method ever devised.

Do yourself a favor and spend 10 minutes Googling "paypal scam" or "paypal ripped me off" or any other combo you like with PayPal in it and you might be gobsmacked at just how shifty and dodgy PayPus is.

EDIT:

Better still, please send me your machine air freight to Hong Kong. I will pay all of your costs and add $200 for the extra trouble. PayPus is the "only safe way to pay (just ask THEM)" so you are SWEET! Please send me your PayPus details and I will pay any way you like, even "friends" if it helps you.

FORGET PAYPUS for anything over $20 - it will end in tears.

#65 6 years ago
    Quoted from Walleyefisher:

I have bought and sold many games using Paypal gift as method of transfer.
    For purchases intending on shipping:
    Paypal Gift or Cashiers or Personal Check - All risk on Buyer
    Regular Paypal purchase - All risk on Seller
    Escrow.com works but is a pain in the ass. Money must be sent in by check then after the transaction is takes like a week for the seller to get his money. Safe but sucks

Don't kid yourself - PayPus "gift" DOES NOT protect you as a seller at all.

Again, do a Google and see for yourself the people who have fallen for this scammers favorite loophole.

#86 6 years ago
    Quoted from T-800:

What if you have no bank account tied to your paypal account or any attached bank account is at zero? How are they going to get the money then? Sue you? I suppose paypal can come back and screw with your credit...

That's exactly what they do. They give you 30 days to pay then sell your debt to a collection agency. When you don't pay them (plus their fees) they destroy your credit rating.

SCUM is what PayPus are - just SCUM!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Homepin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-the-best-way-to-accept-payment-for-a-machine?tu=Homepin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.