(Topic ID: 29926)

Whats the best "rip the spinner" game of all time?

By Winball_Pizard

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 138 posts
  • 119 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by tamoore
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

02009500_2901934 (resized).jpg
401689dfa8ce6314c5696ff7d5259e5a (resized).jpg
There are 138 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 6 years ago

Runner up nod goes to Bally Bow and Arrow.

#102 6 years ago

I like my Mustang Pro with the tach mod. The spinner rips and the tach needle goes crazy. I've had it up to about 7500rpm.

#103 6 years ago
Quoted from DRDAVE:

Star Gazer. Especially when you get all 3 spinners humming at the same time if you have your spinners well tweaked and oiled properly. It's a thing of beauty when achieved. =)
Dave (Doc)

I feel that way about High Speed. Light the spinners, nail the orbits repeatedly, and finally rip the "escape" spinner! 3 spinners going at once. Ah...it doesn't get a whole lot more fun than that.

#104 6 years ago
Quoted from DRDAVE:

Star Gazer. Especially when you get all 3 spinners humming at the same time if you have your spinners well tweaked and oiled properly. It's a thing of beauty when achieved. =)
Dave (Doc)

Yep. Or when you can keep one lit spinner ripping across 2 or 3 shots continuously!

That game is therapy for me.

#105 6 years ago

Of the games I've owned it was JM.

1 year later
#106 5 years ago

Easy answer: Pinside Test Machine!

.... duh!

#107 5 years ago

Necro'd thread but still a good read. One I didn't see listed and probably because very few get to play it is Andromeda. Scoring is all spinner but the work required to build that spinner is great as well. The game rips!

#108 5 years ago

Best spinner game is also the pin I have won the most games on. Evel Knievel SS version it also has to do if the spinner is tight or not. I have seen some that you hit the spinner and you only get a couple of clicks out of it.

#109 5 years ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

Hands Down: Blackout

Gotta second this one. Plus if you hit the left one nicely it will "rip" the upper right spinner as well for a Orbit score and advances the left spinner for next time.

John

#110 5 years ago

Yup, keep hitting that orbit on Blackout enough and you get the extra ball lit at the saucer. Getting conditions Green+Red+Yellow for Blackout mode ready is not that hard, but escalating the spinner sure is. Been enjoying that recently -- I modded my Blackout with a playfield protector since so many of the inserts were cupped. It plays zippy fast and smooth now, better than brand new.

I've got Space Station right next to it, and it happens to be blessed with a spinner that is adjusted so well (not my doing) that it will spin for ~20 seconds with a good shot, truly the most satisfying spinner in my house. But Sorcerer's when lit is definitely up there too...

#111 5 years ago

Gorgar when it's lit!

#114 5 years ago

JJP POTC. . oh wait . .wrong spinner. RIP

#115 5 years ago

Firepower! Because every point is counted, a good ball will cause a delay in the scoring. After hitting the spinner hard it's fun to see and hear the score advance seconds later.

#116 5 years ago

This is assuming the spinner is absolutely juiced:

1. Grand Prix EM
2. Meteor
3. Big Game
4. Flight 2000
5. Firepower

Honorable mention: Harlem globetrotters

#117 5 years ago

The spinner on Night Moves !

That thing will spin into the middle of next week with a good hit When it's lit can be worth good points too

#118 5 years ago

Old Chicago, when you hit the spinner right and the ball goes into the kickout hole on the left. You get to enjoy the spinner chime for several seconds, very satisfying!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#120 5 years ago

I like hitting the spinner in Embryon.

#121 5 years ago

There are no spinners in pinball that compare to any that ring mechanical bells or chimes as they go around.

Some of those are certainly better than others for sure. As far as spinners that ring bells, the options are few as bells went away around 1970 so I give that one to Fun Park.

As far as chimes the choices are many, however not all the games were that great

All that being said, I'm going with Stern Stars, an early solid state with a 4 chime unit and 2 ripping spinners designed by Steve Kirk who coincidentally also designed Fun Park.

#122 5 years ago

I love the 3 spinners on Iron Man. Also love the spinners on Met. The spinners on Spider-Man and Star Wars are surprisingly awesome.

#123 5 years ago

Imdn center spinner feels pretty damn Rightous... between spinner meltdown initials or some of the modes shot stacking.. I ripped the center spinner the other nite to the tune of 1 million per spin for 40million points!! Haven’t had or played another game that I personally can compare it to!

#124 5 years ago

Meteor with all the lights light.

Also, The Hobbit. So cool watching your progress move forward on the map with each spin on the way to Erabor!

#125 5 years ago

One of the worst and waste of a spinner is Checkpoint - doesn't matter in it spins 1 or 50 times you still get 1 award .

#126 5 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Alien Star FTW

+1

1. Hit all the ALIEN targets to light multiball
2. Shoot the spinner to lock in the 5x multiplier
3. Start multiball
4. Try and shatz the right inlane and then rip the spinner in the 5 second window for 50x

I always screw it up though.

#127 5 years ago

A well working lit Aztec spinner is my favourite

1 month later
#128 5 years ago

I can't believe nobody mentioned Dolly, hit the first stack target and rip the spinner. Simple game but so satisfying and pretty much all there is to it. We always play dollar games on Dolly, pinball reduced to two shots, should be easy right.

#129 5 years ago

Any Steve Ritchie games, High Speed, Black Knight, Firepower (when lit is the best spinner sound) and Star Trek: TNG!

#130 5 years ago

Fathom
Stargazer
Meteor

#131 5 years ago

Flash Gordon, High Speed

#132 5 years ago

I always liked the WCS spinner when lit for Ultra Spinner. At 1 mil per spin, a solid shot could easily rack up 20 mil.

#134 5 years ago

KISS has the best spinner, I mean come on Gene Simmons bloody tongue!

02009500_2901934 (resized).jpg02009500_2901934 (resized).jpg401689dfa8ce6314c5696ff7d5259e5a (resized).jpg401689dfa8ce6314c5696ff7d5259e5a (resized).jpg
6 months later
#135 5 years ago

Just got a Space Shuttle ....and I'm really enjoying ripping the spinner on it

#136 5 years ago

Not sure if anyone’s mentioned this, but SoF’s spinners are just awesome

#137 5 years ago

Meteor and Stargazer

#138 5 years ago

The Bally EM's spinners have a supper satisfying "clack" when they're spinning that makes hitting them super fun. See: Knockout.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

2,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Lombard, IL
Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 9.95
$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
RobTune

£ 69.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 138 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-the-best-rip-the-spinner-game-of-all-time/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.