(Topic ID: 29926)

Whats the best "rip the spinner" game of all time?

By Winball_Pizard

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 138 posts
  • 119 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by tamoore
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

02009500_2901934 (resized).jpg
401689dfa8ce6314c5696ff7d5259e5a (resized).jpg
There are 138 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 11 years ago

There's something really satisfying about a good solid spinner shot. So, what is the best game where high scores are achieved primary/only by ripping the spinner? I think Grand Prix is a perfect example of what I'm talking about.

http://pinball.org/videos/gameplay-videos/grand-prix/

#2 11 years ago

Black Knight.

#3 11 years ago

Space shuttles always been my favorite because of how you can build it up, plus opens ''air lock''

Also like the 3 in TFTC and High Speed

#4 11 years ago

For me? Shuttle first, Rollergames second. The cool part about Rollergames is it's standard 10k/spin across the board, but when you really WHACK the orbit, it's two spinners, and with them lubed up it's pretty dang dramatic. I got 300k off one orbit shot the other night, and that's just as much as you get for some combo shots.

#5 11 years ago

Nine ball's spinner comes to mind. So does Meteor.

#6 11 years ago

I really enjoy high speed for the freeway RPM's. Very satisfying. Probably my favorite aspect of that game.

#7 11 years ago

It's not a primary objective, but Johnny Mnemonic's spinner can be lucrative to a degree that's it's considered broken.

#8 11 years ago

Aztec!

#9 11 years ago

Yea Im thinking games where if you want to play the game competitively, for score, you rip the hell out of the spinner. Aztec is a good example

#10 11 years ago

Its ok if the spinner doesn't get you the actual points but you have to shoot through a spinner, like 6m dollar man.

#11 11 years ago

any game with a spinner is fun to rip.

#12 11 years ago

in fish tales it is integral to game play - for monster fish and tales told.

#13 11 years ago

Rollergames.

Combine the spinners with the loops.... There ya go!

#14 11 years ago

Johnny Mnemonic probably has the most ridiculously lucrative spinner if you pull it off right (Spinner Millions with 4x bonus and stacked held bonuses can lead to 100bil+ scores even with EBs off), but I don't think it's the most satisfying spinner shot. For me, a few games that are up there would include Harlem Globetrotters, many of the early-SS Stern games (Stars, Meteor, Magic, Nine Ball, Seawitch all come to mind), and Frontier just because of the awesome sound effect that you get when you hit the spinner. It was mentioned in the original post but Grand Prix is great too, nothing like hitting that spinner, watching the bonus build up and then start clicking over to 1000 point spins.

#15 11 years ago

Paragon. That spinner makes a huge difference in score.

#16 11 years ago

Hands Down: Blackout

#17 11 years ago

Fathom. The entire strategy for playing the game is: light spinner, shoot spinner. Repeat until you drain.

#18 11 years ago

I haven't played it in years, but aren't the 2 spinners on '75 Bally Bow & Arrow fairly important.
As I recall, it is fun to rip those spinners.

The spinner on '78 Gottlieb Close Encounters looks like it would be fun to 1st get it lit for 1000 and then rip it to get ball back up top.

#19 11 years ago

The spinner (when lit) on Bally's Wizard is awesome if the right flipper has a hot coil installed.

Post edited by MrBally : classified

#20 11 years ago

I love the spinner on Bally's Wizard as well.

#21 11 years ago

Sorcerer. I love to melt those suckers when lit.

#22 11 years ago

Fishtales through the spinner for jackpot

#23 11 years ago
Quoted from johnnypinball:

I also love the two spinners on Sorcerer w/lit 2500, or better yet during multiball...5000 up to 12,500. I think that is THE shot to get the top scores in Sorcerer.

#24 11 years ago

Great spinners on Big Game, especially satisfying when they are lit as they make more dramatic sounds. Hitting the left-most spinner when it's lit and you have BIGGAME spelled out, is one of my favorite shots in pinball

#25 11 years ago

Fathom....big points during multi ball

BoP.....ditto,especially if pops are at max

MB.....different sound effect for different modes,not really huge points but awesome sound app.

#26 11 years ago
Quoted from johnnypinball:

Agreed.
Plus the vintage 80s sound is awesome when you hit'em super hard.

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Space shuttles always been my favorite because of how you can build it up, plus opens ''air lock''
Also like the 3 in TFTC and High Speed

I agree on SS, plus if you have the spinner with just a touch of lube on it, it will go forever on a clean shot.

#28 11 years ago

ANY classic Stern, and Swords of Fury. LIONMAN!!

#29 11 years ago

I'll throw No Fear out there, but only after super spin is lit. it makes a hell of a racket and its a loop shot that you can keep the ball rotating on.

#31 11 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

The spinner (when lit) on Bally's Wizard is awesome if the right flipped has a hot coil installed.

That was my first thought too....Bow and Arrow with the two center spinners is great too.

#32 11 years ago

Grand Lizard...

#33 11 years ago

Stargazer! Triple spinner fun. Try to get them all going at once.

Classic Sterns had the best spinners.

#34 11 years ago

Aztec and Grand Prix Love the sound of the chimes

#35 11 years ago

Meteor, Big Game, Bow and Arrow for spinner making big points.

#36 11 years ago

Meteor, Big Game, Bow and Arrow for spinner making big points.

#37 11 years ago

I'm with ya all the way, Grand Prix beats em all for pure ripping pleasure.

#38 11 years ago

I actually enjoy nailing the left loop Spinner on AC/DC during war machine. Great multi-fire gun like sound for each rotation + it drops guitars out of a bomber plane on the dmd. How cool is that?

#39 11 years ago

Silver Slugger has a pretty cool rip the spinner feel when trying to build then going for the lit Jackpot.

Not many guys have played this one, but it deserves to be mentioned with the likes of Grand Prix for ripping the spinners

#41 11 years ago

LW3 has nice left and right orbit to reload your gun.

#42 11 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

any game with a spinner is fun to rip

I find a number of games have a nice lane just begging for a spinner. The left lane on DH is a great example

#43 11 years ago

Shaq Attaq, "SHOOT THE SPINNER!"

#44 11 years ago
Quoted from cowman57:

I also love the two spinners on Sorcerer w/lit 2500, or better yet during multiball...5000 up to 12,500. I think that is THE shot to get the top scores in Sorcerer.

I agree. Playfield value @ 5X and lit spinners will give you crazy points!

#45 11 years ago

nobody mentioned the left spinner on Strikes and Spares, or the right spinner on spy hunter was rad. i love those

#46 11 years ago

Stargazer FTW and I also enjoy hitting the spinners from both orbit shots on DE Tommy as well.

#47 11 years ago

Funny how no one mentions iron man, even though the main objective is to hit the spinners and get multiball. The spinner shots are your main shots, but Stern spinners are so unsatisfying. They carry no weight.

#48 11 years ago

Agreed on Rollergames!

#49 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

I haven't played it in years, but aren't the 2 spinners on '75 Bally Bow & Arrow fairly important. As I recall, it is fun to rip those spinners.

Hell yes. B&A is one of the games I learned to play on. I've ripped those spinners thousands of times. Max bonus with the spinners, collect bonus at the saucer, repeat.

Quoted from pinBilly:

...Stern spinners are so unsatisfying. They carry no weight.

All Stern spinners need to be lubed as soon as the game comes out of the box. Once lubed, they scream.

Probably my favorite Stern spinner mode is Bonesaw in Spidey. It's a relatively easy mode (with a lubed spinner) with great audio. The spinner sound effect matches the mode very well. When you finish it, you hear the bell telling you you've finished. Awesome mode. War Machine on AC/DC is my 'sure thing' song. If I need a replay, I'm hammering that spinner. The music (audio) fits the mode well, much like Bonesaw.

#50 11 years ago

Viking. Spinner right in the middle of the play-feild. Started at 10 points, spin it ten times the value went up to 100, spin it ten more times value went up to 1000. but wait to long, the value reset to 10 again. Cool sound effects went with it to.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
NorthStar Mods

Apparel - Unisex
The GameRoom Store

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mechanicsville, VA
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 119.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 959.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 82.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Crown Point, IN
There are 138 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-the-best-rip-the-spinner-game-of-all-time and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.