Topic Stats

• 67 posts
  • 48 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by papazit1963
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.jpg
BG.jpg
image-6.jpg

There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 5 years ago

I know of Pool sharks, Eight ball deluxe, Sharkys shoot-out, breakshot, Cue ball Wizard there are probably a few others, but which plays best, playfield/rules?

#2 5 years ago

Eight ball deluxe is the best. Eight ball is second in my opinion. Sharkeys is a copy of eight ball deluxe. I would put stern 9 ball behind the first two.

#3 5 years ago

Eight Ball Champ is pretty good, but my favorite by far is Target Pool.

#4 5 years ago

Eight Ball Deluxe

#5 5 years ago

I'd personally take Eight Ball Deluxe first, Breakshot second. I like how Breakshot plays kind of like a modern EM, it feels right for the pool theme somehow. EBD is just a freaking classic from one of the best combos in pinball of all time; the year 1980 and a company called Bally.

#6 5 years ago

I'd have to give the nod to Eight Ball Deluxe, but if you want the game most like real pool, this is the one:

http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=171

#7 5 years ago

Eight Ball Deluxe. Hands down.

#8 5 years ago

No one likes the rare Illinois Pinball "Pool Player"?

#9 5 years ago

Since I just bought one, and I was looking for it for a long time because it's probably my favourite pinball, I'll go with Stern's Nine Ball.

I just love the open nature of the playfield, with its smooth gameplay, free-moving ball, the dance of the drop targets on the left, and the floating spinner shot that send the ball crashing into those targets or the lock above.

Come on, pool balls controlled by a wizard, in SPACE !

#10 5 years ago

8 Ball Deluxe.

Stop talkin, and start chalkin.......

#11 5 years ago

Gottlieb Pinball Pool

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from dgpinball:

I'd have to give the nod to Eight Ball Deluxe, but if you want the game most like real pool, this is the one:
http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=171

Bank-A-Ball is a great game as is its add-a-ball cousin Flipper Pool. What's also interesting about this pair is that the former's rules are based on the game of Eight Ball while the latter's are based on Straight Pool.

#13 5 years ago

EBD, Bank-A-Ball, and Pro Pool are all fun and challenging pool pins

#14 5 years ago

Breakshot, EBD is just a bit too old for my tastes.

#15 5 years ago

EBD, then Nineball for me. I haven't played them all though. In the dozen or so games I have played on Cue Ball Wizard, I didn't like a single one.

#16 5 years ago

They may have made more Eight Balls, but to me, no game better encapsulates the early solid state era than EBD. A true classic.

#17 5 years ago

I have both Target Pool and Eight Ball - Target Pool is my favorite EM. I hope someday to get a '65 Bank-A-Ball to go along with it. Eight Ball has a great spinner and some solid risks to go for when trying to get the big bonus. I like EBD, but haven't had enough time on it to truly appreciate it.

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

8 Ball Deluxe.
Stop talkin, and start chalkin.......

i believe thats from Cue Ball Wizard

#19 5 years ago

I can't speak for Cue Ball Wizard, but EBD definitely says it.

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Cue Ball Wizard does as well. As well as a helpful "You sure need that ramp shot...." from what appears to be a time traveling Hank Hill.

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

They both say it.

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

They both say it.

thats really cool because thats was the only thing I liked about cue ball wizard. What are the chances two games with the same call out? I guess 100% in this case. I need to get an ebd and park it next to centaur. i will likely have a breakshot sometime soon too.

#23 5 years ago

Pool Sharks

always liked the BackGlass

#25 5 years ago

EBD, then Target Pool, then Nine Ball

#26 5 years ago

EBD is best. Gottlieb Big Shot might be my next...

#27 5 years ago

I really like the EM Hot Shot. Very addictive.

#28 5 years ago

I own EBD, Pool Sharks and Laser Cue which is a bit funny since I'm not not a billiards buff - it just kind of happened

EBD is my favorite - I am a bit partial to it since I played it a lot during college and it got me hooked on pinball. It's a pretty basic game, but is very challenging and unforgiving, so a good game on EBD is quite rewarding. The chugging sound of a nice fat 5X bonus is music to my ears! Nothing fancy here - just great straight up pinball that really challenges you and keeps you coming back for more.

I think Pool Sharks is better than it's rating, although I can understand how folks are turned off by the silly shark voice. The game has some very cool features - two different timed "jackpots", once of which counts down in value, a nice captive ball shot that builds in value and a two stage extra ball feature where you have to use the flippers to move it to the correct lane to collect it. Overall the game is a bit easy once you get good at it and while there is some fast action - it has some stop and go also. I find this game more relaxing and always enjoy the call out compliments from the lovely ladies

Laser Cue is still new for me. The pool theme gets muted here as it feels more like and outer space battle. But the gameplay is good for an early 80's game - a nice variety of shots and four flippers to work with. I like that it offers some different angles and shots than you find in most games. You have to sink the ball targets in order too, which is cool and makes it a very fun target shooting game.

EBD is the winner but the other two are worth checking out and give decent bang for the buck. Chalk up!

#29 5 years ago

EBD is definitelt the best and that's why I own it.

#30 5 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Eight Ball Champ is pretty good, but my favorite by far is Target Pool.

You're the first person I've ever seen admit to liking ebc...that's the worse game I've ever owned. The monotonous sound made me want to cut off my ears

#31 5 years ago

I'd trade my Breakshot for an EBD...

#32 5 years ago

image-6.jpg

#33 5 years ago

8BD, then Laser Que, IMO.

#34 5 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

thats really cool because thats was the only thing I liked about Cue Ball Wizard. What are the chances two games with the same call out? I guess 100% in this case. I need to get an ebd and park it next to centaur. i will likely have a breakshot sometime soon too.

I was totally surprised when I found out CBW and EBD had the same call out. When them being original themes, seems weird they would have the same call out.

I want a Centaur II to put next to my EBDLE. Would like to eventually have Mr and Mrs Pacman, EBDLE and Centaur II. Unlike others, I dig the Rapid Fire Cabs.

#35 5 years ago

Sure Shot gets my vote. Close second goes to Hot Shot.

#36 5 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

I'd trade my Breakshot for an EBD...

I'd buy your breakshot if you were local

#38 5 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

I'd buy your breakshot if you were local

I can't even sell it, I have something like $1700 into it and would take a huge loss. I'm so upside down on it that I just have to play it forever.

#39 5 years ago

So many votes for EBD, and not a mention of Bad Girls!!?? OK, the art is iffy, but isn't BG a reverse image of EBD but with some extra weird (possibly interesting) stuff going on in the upper flayfield area?

I've never played a BG (despite owning one for a while), so I'd be very interested to hear how these compare from anyone familiar with both games... Love EBD, but I've kind of 'over played' it to the point where if I wanted that EBD hit I'd probably get it from trying to track another BG down

BG.jpg

#41 5 years ago

Besides the above mentioned gottlieb wedgehead minipool is awesome

#42 5 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

I can't even sell it, I have something like $1700 into it and would take a huge loss. I'm so upside down on it that I just have to play it forever.

at least you realize at 1700 you are upside down. Most people would just assume its now worth what thy have in it.
Enjoy it.

#43 5 years ago
Quoted from muzikman:

I own EBD, Pool Sharks and Laser Cue which is a bit funny since I'm not not a billiards buff - it just kind of happened

EBD is my favorite - I am a bit partial to it since I played it a lot during college and it got me hooked on pinball. It's a pretty basic game, but is very challenging and unforgiving, so a good game on EBD is quite rewarding. The chugging sound of a nice fat 5X bonus is music to my ears! Nothing fancy here - just great straight up pinball that really challenges you and keeps you coming back for more.

I think Pool Sharks is better than it's rating, although I can understand how folks are turned off by the silly shark voice. The game has some very cool features - two different timed "jackpots", once of which counts down in value, a nice captive ball shot that builds in value and a two stage extra ball feature where you have to use the flippers to move it to the correct lane to collect it. Overall the game is a bit easy once you get good at it and while there is some fast action - it has some stop and go also. I find this game more relaxing and always enjoy the call out compliments from the lovely ladies

Laser Cue is still new for me. The pool theme gets muted here as it feels more like and outer space battle. But the gameplay is good for an early 80's game - a nice variety of shots and four flippers to work with. I like that it offers some different angles and shots than you find in most games. You have to sink the ball targets in order too, which is cool and makes it a very fun target shooting game.

EBD is the winner but the other two are worth checking out

I have those 3 as well.

#44 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

So many votes for EBD, and not a mention of Bad Girls!!?? OK, the art is iffy, but isn't BG a reverse image of EBD but with some extra weird (possibly interesting) stuff going on in the upper flayfield area?

I've never played a BG (despite owning one for a while), so I'd be very interested to hear how these compare from anyone familiar with both games... Love EBD, but I've kind of 'over played' it to the point where if I wanted that EBD hit I'd probably get it from trying to track another BG down

Bad Girls isn't a bad game at all....I used to have it.

#45 5 years ago

Please post a poll on this pool post. Posters postulate and pontificate proudly but perhaps a perfect poll promises to provide positive proof -- or at least polling -- to the pressing and perplexing question posed?

#47 5 years ago

For me sharkeys shootout , is the best .

Breakshot is cool too.

#48 5 years ago

EBD is the best period. This isn't even close.

9B is a very good game and is a lot of fun

The rest are down here

#49 5 years ago

Actually EBD says "Quit talking and start chalking", not "Stop talking"

No idea what the other one says though...

#50 5 years ago
Quoted from scottslash:

Please post a poll on this pool post. Posters postulate and pontificate proudly but perhaps a perfect poll promises to provide positive proof -- or at least polling -- to the pressing and perplexing question posed?

That's preposterous!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems
There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside