(Topic ID: 190359)

What's the best idea with the worst mech?

By Cheese_WizardPQ

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by TheLaw
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Hey
I was playing maverick thinking the Lauren Bell wheel is a great idea (comet wheel style) but has the worst mech of all; a bad opto switch to start with and a motor wheel slower than growing grass.

Is there a lot of game toys that look awesome but kills the game?

#2 6 years ago

Doctor Who Time Expander is troublesome.
As well as JP's T-Rex I hear.

#3 6 years ago

batman TDK, the draw bridge and the Joker drum, both useless, but must have increased the BOM as they are very well made

#4 6 years ago

From what I've heard, the STTNG cannons are a pain to repair.

The helicopter on Rescue 911 is a clever design, but has a few problems that usually prevent it from working properly (relying on a particular friction coefficient in order for a mechanism to work isn't a great idea)

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

Doctor Who Time Expander is troublesome.
As well as JP's T-Rex I hear.

T-rex is like Hussain Bolt compared to Lauren Bell. JP all the way

I would love to play Rescue911. I played an IPad version and thought it was great!
I own Sttng and finger crossed, all good!

#6 6 years ago

John.....ny's.......gl......ov........e......

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from PopBumperPete:

batman TDK, the draw bridge and the Joker drum, both useless, but must have increased the BOM as they are very well made

But those aren;t good ideas to start with...serioulsy has anyone ever explained the point of the Baltimore Bridge?!?

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

From what I've heard, the STTNG cannons are a pain to repair.
The helicopter on Rescue 911 is a clever design, but has a few problems that usually prevent it from working properly (relying on a particular friction coefficient in order for a mechanism to work isn't a great idea)

911 helicopter immediately popped into my head when reading the OP. Probably wasted more time working on those back in the day all for a pretty lack luster play feature.

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

The helicopter on Rescue 911 is a clever design, but has a few problems that usually prevent it from working properly

I don't think I have ever played a 911 where the helicopter was working properly.

#10 6 years ago

I have to somewhat second the DW Time Expander. Once you have it dialled in it is perfect - but it can be a long road to get there. I could probably disassemble and reassemble mine in 10 minutes now thanks to Rich Fazio's guide but we would all be screwed if he hadn't taken the time.

My #1: creature hologram by a mile

#11 6 years ago

Although I have no personal experience with it, I understand the cannon in Black Rose is a PITA to level properly. Probably the coolest feature in the game though.

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

Although I have no personal experience with it, I understand the cannon in Black Rose is a PITA to level properly. Probably the coolest feature in the game though.

Book case in addams is terrible to level!

#13 6 years ago

Rudy's head in Funhouse. And to top it off there are two of them in Roadshow.

LTG : )

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

John.....ny's.......gl......ov........e......

I dont know, I rebuilt the hand on my Johnny 2,500 games ago and it still works great
..its not a bad design, its usually just in need of service.

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

I dont know, I rebuilt the hand on my Johnny 2,500 games ago and it still works great
..its not a bad design, its usually just in need of service.

It's very slow, that's the issue. I've always said if they made that now the thing could probably zip around no problems and be great.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 259.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Maverick Reproductions

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

1,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miller Place, NY
$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Boards
PinSound

2,856 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Erie, PA
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, VA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-the-best-idea-with-the-worst-mech and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.