(Topic ID: 44853)

What's the best Freeze spray to use to remove Mylar?

By Choggard

11 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by calvin12
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

What's the best Freeze spray to use to remove Mylar? and glue afterwards.. thanks

#2 11 years ago

The freeze spray, which I bought at walmart, will only get up the mylar. The glue afterwards you'll need to goo-gone and let it sit. Then scrape up with a plastic razor blade or scrub with a magic eraser.

There are other techniques if you search around on here..

#3 11 years ago

Any canned air turned upside down, much cheaper than "freeze spray" and the Orange Power Cleaner "909" for the glue, gets it off in seconds instead of hours.

http://www.pinrestore.com/Supplies.html

#4 11 years ago

Costco sells canned air, 6 cans for around $18 IIRC. Turn upside down and freeze away

#5 11 years ago
    Quoted from Leeb18509:

Any canned air turned upside down, much cheaper than "freeze spray" and the Orange Power Cleaner "909" for the glue, gets it off in seconds instead of hours.
    http://www.pinrestore.com/Supplies.html

+1

I generally get 3-packs of compressed air from WalMart for around 5 dollars. Then use any citrus cleaner for the glue. Just to note, if it's factory mylar, like around pops and slings, it should pop right up. However, if it's full pf mylar or some other large area that was probably applied to the pf after it left the factory, you may not be as lucky with it coming up so easily. BE CAREFUL AROUND INSERTS~!

#6 11 years ago

As mentioned by others, compressed air can used upside down.
    As Blackbeard mentioned this method leaves all of the adhesive behind. You will be spending a lot of time removing it.
    I've done lots of mylar removal and I actually prefer a hair dryer. You need to be patient though. The hair dryer needs to get the glue warmed up.
    With either method go SLOW otherwise you will pull up insert art.

#7 11 years ago

Any canned air turned upside-down as long as it does not contain a bitterant to discourage people from inhaling it.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-the-best-freeze-spray-to-use-to-remove-mylar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.