(Topic ID: 306791)

What’s the best forum (like a Pinside) for guitars?

By Krupps4

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by jahbarron
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

194F4D83-2C4B-417A-9DBE-B6FC6E09FE2C (resized).jpeg
0FFAD7E4-CCD7-44E8-AF58-4D7907B260D4 (resized).jpeg
#1 2 years ago

I know there area many guitar related forums, but is there one, like Pinside, that’s clearly above and beyond the rest? Thanks in advance.

#2 2 years ago

I think the guitar forums are a bit more specialized…there’s a les Paul forum, a fender forum etc.

Whichever forum you choose, allow me to suggest a great first post:

Will the guitar bubble burst?!

#3 2 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

I know there area many guitar related forums, but is there one, like Pinside, that’s clearly above and beyond the rest? Thanks in advance.

I used to hang out on The Gear Page forums quite a bit many years ago. Everyone was pretty cool and there were some pretty big names (in the guitar world) that were members and posted often.

#4 2 years ago

What the heck is there to talk about on a guitar forum?

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Licks & Riffs dude.

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Probably a lot, like, here is a guitar I just painted.. things like that

0FFAD7E4-CCD7-44E8-AF58-4D7907B260D4 (resized).jpeg0FFAD7E4-CCD7-44E8-AF58-4D7907B260D4 (resized).jpeg
#7 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Build quality, chipping fret boards.

#8 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Guitars, gear, gear, gear, licks, guitar tones, music theory, etc. There’s a lot to discuss. I’m guessing you don’t play guitar.

#9 2 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Build quality, chipping fret boards.

Great post. I actually laughed out loud

#10 2 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

Guitars, gear, gear, gear, licks, guitar tones, music theory, etc. There’s a lot to discuss. I’m guessing you don’t play guitar.

Without a steady stream of new shit to talk about a forum gets pretty stale though

#11 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

You’ve been on a roll lately but this is pretty lazy and unimaginative.

Pretty much everything that gets talked about on a pinball forum gets talked about on guitar forums (and this doesn’t even count playing guitar):

Buying/selling
Price bubbles
Price complaining
Discussing product tiers
Discussing color pallets and finishes
Home brews
Should I buy this or that
Is this guitar a good deal?
Mods
Accessories
Repairs
Upcoming releases
New releases
Industry news
Old vs new
Remakes vs original
Is this a scam?
This company vs that company
Build quality / QC
Customer service
Shipping
Did I get a good deal or get ripped off?

You see, Nicoy, guitars are a lot like pinball and cars…

#12 2 years ago

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You’ve been on a roll lately but this is pretty lazy and unimaginative.
Pretty much everything that gets talked about on a pinball forum gets talked about on guitar forums (and this doesn’t even count playing guitar):
Buying/selling
Price bubbles
Should I buy this or that
Is this guitar a good deal?
Mods
Accessories
Repairs
Upcoming releases
New releases
Industry news
Old vs new
Remakes vs original
Is this a scam?
This company vs that company
Build quality / QC
Customer service
Shipping
Did I get a good deal or get ripped off?
You see, Nicoy, guitars are a lot like pinball and cars…

why waste your time trying to explain

#13 2 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

why waste your time?

#14 2 years ago

Used to go on ultimate guitar, haven't been there for along time but that used to be a great resource

#15 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

As much to talk about as you playing the skin flute? Why you gotta be negative all of the time?

#16 2 years ago

I used to be a gear guy. Haven’t played in years but in my 20s it was all I did. Fun fact: Clay Harrell, legendary pinball repair guy extraordinaire, had a page dedicated to Kay guitars, etc. I noticed the page layout was strikingly similar to my favorite pinball repair site in 2008 and sure enough…

Seems to be buried now but back then it was the top hit for info on that kind of guitar.

#17 2 years ago

Stringside.com

#18 2 years ago

Maybe RebelGuitars knows a good forum.

Send him a message

#19 2 years ago
Quoted from orangegsx:

Probably a lot, like, here is a guitar I just painted.. things like that[quoted image]

Looks pretty flakey to me! Nice work. That looks like a door hangar in the background. Are you an automotive painter? What is the story on the guitar? Looks like a tenon on the neck, so I know it isn't Warmoth or something similar.

#20 2 years ago

When I subjected myself to the nonsense that is Facebook, I was in a couple of groups that were offshoots of "Gear Talk." The best ones I was involved in were for the Kemper. I actually made some pretty good real life friends through those groups. That is honestly one of the only things I miss about FB.

#21 2 years ago

It says something to me when folks ask for advise in a hobby forum about another hobby. That's how good Pinside is. There is no other hobby equal. Otherwise I agree with the above, its very brand based.

#22 2 years ago

Just filled out the trademark paperwork. Message me for StringSide™ inquiries.

Isn’t vid1900 also a guitar nut? Maybe he’ll make a “Vid’s Guide to other hobbies”

#23 2 years ago

Vid1900 is into guitars, especially Strats. There is also a pretty good guitar thread ongoing here. Lots and lots of pin people are really into guitars as well.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-guitar-players-and-guitar-stuff-needs-more-vid

#24 2 years ago
Quoted from gorditas:

Looks pretty flakey to me! Nice work. That looks like a door hangar in the background. Are you an automotive painter? What is the story on the guitar? Looks like a tenon on the neck, so I know it isn't Warmoth or something similar.

Thank you! I actually do all the mechanical at a bodyshop, they let me play in the booth whenever I want though. It’s a kit guitar from china, the quality is surprisingly good though. Been a fun project so far, I think a les paul will be the next project

194F4D83-2C4B-417A-9DBE-B6FC6E09FE2C (resized).jpeg194F4D83-2C4B-417A-9DBE-B6FC6E09FE2C (resized).jpeg
#25 2 years ago
Quoted from jahbarron:

I used to be a gear guy. Haven’t played in years but in my 20s it was all I did. Fun fact: Clay Harrell, legendary pinball repair guy extraordinaire, had a page dedicated to Kay guitars, etc. I noticed the page layout was strikingly similar to my favorite pinball repair site in 2008 and sure enough…
Seems to be buried now but back then it was the top hit for info on that kind of guitar.

Here is Clay's page I came upon while researching this $75 guitar I bought that plays like a million bucks: http://www.guitarhq.com/other.html

but there's a wealth of info on the main page here: http://www.guitarhq.com/index.html

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-the-best-forum-like-a-pinside-for-guitars and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.