• 77 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by StevenP
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

elevation.JPG
There are 93 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 9 years ago

I like the Trolls / Nightcrawler pop up toy, the gumball machine in TZ, Magnet in TOTAN and sinking ship in PotC and bell in acdc premium.

#52 9 years ago

Stewie pinball on Family guy .

#53 9 years ago

TOTAN disappearing ball at the beginning of multiball ... you watch the DMD showing Genie crashing through the village and throw the pinballs at you... look down and your ball is gone... sweet!

#54 9 years ago

Balrog toy for sure

Red and Ted over Rudy

Woz spinning house

Ac/dc bell

Doc Ock

#55 9 years ago

The transforming face on BOP dominates the entire game, a one trick pony, but a great trick never the less!!

#56 9 years ago

Fiber optic ramps in Tron LE

#57 9 years ago

The antagonist Rudy....

#58 9 years ago

The skull ball lock and centrifuge on CSI are kick ass

#59 9 years ago

The castle.

#60 9 years ago

Hey,

The best effect in pinball involves either turning five grand into a plywood box, or me waving my hands and getting a buddy to help me move a 300 pound toy for the cost of a couple beers.

Not specific to a game, but I think shaker motors are pretty cool...

Luke

#62 9 years ago

One good way to measure "best effect" might be to measure the reaction from non-players. We have an MM, but, we also have a TAF and, without question, when Thing comes out of his box and picks up the ball it gets the biggest rise out of our friends. They watch the castle and it's kind of "meh", but when that hand comes out of the box people go nuts. They jump back laughing and make all kinds of exclamations of OMG-type comments. It's so unexpected.

#63 9 years ago

The wand in Pinball Magic.

#64 9 years ago
Quoted from csprings74:

One good way to measure "best effect" might be to measure the reaction from non-players. We have an MM, but, we also have a TAF and, without question, when Thing comes out of his box and picks up the ball it gets the biggest rise out of our friends. They watch the castle and it's kind of "meh", but when that hand comes out of the box people go nuts. They jump back laughing and make all kinds of exclamations of OMG-type comments. It's so unexpected.

Exactly! I can love pinball machines as much as possible but without bringing new people into the hobby, it wont continue to survive.

My sisters wife came over today and saw our new games, she couldn't get enough of WoZ and all that was going on. The only other game she played was Spiderman. ( TZ is down until I fix the clock connector )

#65 9 years ago

I think the magnet in Rollergames that catches the ball on the flipper so you can shoot the ramp shot is underrated. It really impressed my only-occasionally-play-pinball friends back in the day.

#66 9 years ago

The dolls for playboy that are shown on the cover of PBL.

#67 9 years ago

The indy stern arc is not to bad either.

But mm castle is the best.

#68 9 years ago

Elevating ball in Magic gets my voteelevation.JPGelevation.JPG

#70 9 years ago

The only reason I play AC/DC is to hit the bell.

The only reason why I will buy AC/DC is to hit the bell.

I want the highest score whenever I play a pin, except when I play AC/DC because all I want to do is...hit the bell

#71 9 years ago
Quoted from Slim2013:

Elevating ball in Pinball Magic gets my vote

Ditto. Giddy up!

#72 9 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

This thread should be titled "name any toy from any pinball machine."

Meh, thats like saying "Why own more than one pinball machine, aren't they all the same?"

#73 9 years ago

Wow nobody said Star Trek Le! I love afm but The Star Trek ship is more impressive than the afm saucer.

#74 9 years ago

Metallica's Sparky. He never gets old for me.

#75 9 years ago

Are there any toys from the EM days that should be on this list?

#76 9 years ago

Goldeneye Satellite dish is pretty awesome
Goldeneye Magnet ball save is awesome

Best Effect toy - I think the lighted Tron Ramps have the best effect

Best Tie in with theme - TAF Thing is killer

Toy that is the most fun - NGG Slam Ramp

Overall coolest feature - MIST BALL

#77 9 years ago

Doesn't get much love, but Ark on IJ4 is pretty cool.

#78 9 years ago

Surprised the hand on TAF is cited several times, while the "thing flips" is not.
The hand does nothing to me (besides slowing down the game) while I always found the accuracy of that automatic shot fantastic....

#79 9 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Surprised the hand on TAF is cited several times, while the "thing flips" is not.
The hand does nothing to me (besides slowing down the game) while I always found the accuracy of that automatic shot fantastic....

I agree. Thing is cool once. Then I want to reach in there and take my ball back.

#80 9 years ago

Another vote for the glove in Johnny Mnemonic. There aren't many toys that give the player an actual decision to make. It's a key element of strategy in the game, and your choices are different depending on whether you are trying to maximize score, reach Power Down, maximize modes, maximize gigabytes, or other possible goals.

#81 9 years ago

Magna Save if it's considered "a toy."

#82 9 years ago

best physical effect toy: hologram in cftbl
best tie-in with game theme: tron le ramp ramps
best ball saver in a game: inlane/outlane swords in totan
best visual/physical combination effect: winning a magic token in safe cracker

worst looking toy: mary shelly's frankenstein (did frankenstein have both of his arms broken just to be put in this position?

#83 9 years ago

Vengeance, of course. Especially on Premium/LE with "crash effect".

That MOFO shoots back!!

Most interactive? T-REX on JP. It EATS the ball people!

Can't wait to see what Smaug does!

#84 9 years ago
Quoted from WOLF:

The dolls for playboy that are shown on the cover of PBL.

I want to thumbs down this just on principal (no I haven't been reading the thread since my last post, and don't intend to), but I did LOL, so I guess thumbs up for that.

#85 9 years ago

I love my ac/dc but the bell is lame as pin toys go.

2 weeks later
#86 9 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

I love my ac/dc but the bell is lame as pin toys go.

That's because you have the Pro. I'm no premium/LE snob but a solid bell shot on the premium is immensely satisfying.

No one has mentioned Dracula on MB yet - fun to hit a moving target.

#87 9 years ago

Doctor Who Time Expander, not even close

#88 9 years ago

BSD mist multiball, DrWho Time Expander, Goldeneye magnetic ball-save, TOTAN disappearing ball.... I sure I'm forgetting a few great ones, but these are all very cool and on top of the list IMO.

#89 9 years ago

That bowling alley on TBL will give a few a these a ride for there money!

#90 9 years ago

Drac and Frankie on MB

#91 9 years ago

The Centerfold in Playboy with full exposure of course.

#92 9 years ago

Goldeneye satelite magnet is great! Lost in space multi ball start. Episode one lightsaber light up. Makes me smile everytime.

#93 9 years ago
Quoted from JoeinNJ:

Are there any toys from the EM days that should be on this list?

The spinning post disc on Triple Action is cool. (Predecessor to the TOTAN lamp and several recent Stern rehashes.) And some older EMs that had 2+ saucers so the ball would hop from one to another.

Also, I construe a pinball "toy" as meaning something that interacts with the ball. So several mentioned here don't count in my book, even though they may look cool (like the Tron LE lighting). Stuff like the MM castle, Shadow lock, TOM trunk, TZ Power, etc. are all cool "toys."

Another simple but cool toy is the menagerie ball in CV. Especially because it has a target and second switch behind it. It messes with the ball a bit on a cool way.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 26.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 41.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Flipper Parts
TheDudeMods

£ 45.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, ON
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.00
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

10,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Juneau, WI
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

There are 93 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-the-best-effect-toy-in-pinball/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.