• 77 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by StevenP
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

elevation.JPG
There are 93 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 9 years ago

What do you feel is the best effect-toy in pinball? Is it the strobe light in AFM, the castle in MM, the trunk magnet in TOM, the 13 ball multiball of A13 or maybe a backglass animation? Let's hear some thoughts..

#2 9 years ago

Battling ( THE POWER)!

#3 9 years ago

Ball save outlanes, in TOM. My non pinball friends think its amazing and Id agree.

#4 9 years ago

The ship in POTC is pretty well done. Especially in Davey Jones mode.

#5 9 years ago

I never played MM until I tried it on Pinball Arcade (ipad). I thought "no way the castle really does that" Lol. I agree the castle is very neat. I like the AFM saucer, but it's not quite as over the top

Personally, the moving heads in Funhouse (& Road Show) really captured my attention as a kid.

This might not count, but the crazy monitor effects in RFM really blew me away. I remember playing it a lot at a local movie theater when it came out

On the new side, I think Sparky in Metallica is cool, though I haven't seen one in person yet

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Agreed. I almost bought this game on this feature alone.

#7 9 years ago

Mist Multiball should be on the list somewhere.

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

That's one I still need to see-play. Toys-effects can really make all the difference in a game..

#9 9 years ago

Rudy

#10 9 years ago

Deadworld on Judge Dredd. Three shiny balls orbiting the planet waiting to be released.

Bonehead the talking skull on No Fear is also pretty cool.

#11 9 years ago

Levitating ball in Pinball Magic. I love the light show and soundtrack when it happens.
I'll +1 on the PotC ship as well.

#12 9 years ago

-Shadow lock: it's a simple yet awesome effect. I love how the ball is captured by the magnet, drops momentarily then WHIPS into the hidden lock area.

-Other magnet effects: Ring on LOTR, TZ Power, ToM, TOTAN and BSD Mist effect. JPop is a Master of Magnets.

-Supercharger: can't get enough of that ball whizzing around. A nice adrenaline-pumping effect that fits the theme of fast cars.

-MM destroyed castle: it looks cool without being cheesy. AFM saucer and Metallica Sparky share the same honor.

-Thing taking ball on TAF.

#14 9 years ago

As much as I dislike it, Rudy, (I hate animated dolls they creep me out). Rudy is an original.
The Eye Lock on Pin*Bot. When both balls lock, there is a visual effect as you view them, they look like steel eyes looking right back at you.

#15 9 years ago

Magneto ball manipulation magnet.....

#16 9 years ago

The blinders on Tommy are both simple and brilliant at the same time.

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from JoelOmatik:

-Shadow lock: it's a simple yet awesome effect. I love how the ball is captured by the magnet, drops momentarily then WHIPS into the hidden lock area.
-Other magnet effects: Ring on LOTR, TZ Power, ToM, TOTAN and BSD Mist effect. JPop is a Master of Magnets.
-Supercharger: can't get enough of that ball whizzing around. A nice adrenaline-pumping effect that fits the theme of fast cars.
-MM destroyed castle: it looks cool without being cheesy. AFM saucer and Metallica Sparky share the same honor.
-Thing taking ball on TAF.

Thing taking ball on TAF has to be the classic.....all anyone ever talked about....then and now, actually

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

The blinders on Tommy are both simple and brilliant at the same time.

I agree, I can't think of a feature that alters your play more than the blinders.

#19 9 years ago

MM : Castle...The Trolls are freakin awesome 2.
MetallicA : Sparky
AFM : Saucer

#20 9 years ago

Thing hand

#21 9 years ago

The crane in TDK

#22 9 years ago

If I had to pick one the power is it.

#23 9 years ago

Rudy so completely defines FH that I'd have to give it the nod.

#24 9 years ago

have not played the game but BSD has a good toy

#25 9 years ago

Jump rope on champion pub. No other game does it, or anything like it. That I know of anyway.

#26 9 years ago

The Battlefield on Shadow is pretty damn cool.

#27 9 years ago

Maybe a tie:

Red & Ted, and secondarily Rudy - Animatronic heads which you can shoot a ball in their mouths to shut them up.. what more could you ask for?

MM Castle - draw-bridge, rising gate, exploding castle, a simply amazing package

#28 9 years ago

Not the best visually but the bell on AC/DC sounds awesome

#29 9 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Not the best visually but the bell on AC/DC sounds awesome

I agree, one of the best toy to sound effects.

#30 9 years ago

BBH the buck running across the field is cool.

#31 9 years ago

The magnetic multiball spinning disc in Twister has to be up there. The game itself doesn't get a whole lot of love, but the multiball start is freaking epic.

#32 9 years ago
Quoted from derek533:

The magnetic multiball spinning disc in Twister has to be up there.

It is one of the most visually exciting events in all of pinball to see those five balls clustered on that spinning disc and then release in all directions. Plus the momentum of those balls adds a shaking effect like no other.

#33 9 years ago

Best effect toy- POTC Ship
Best interactive toy-BDK Crane
Best mod toy-Tron Arcade Cabinet

#34 9 years ago

The bell on AC/DC

#35 9 years ago

Kinda like the cars dragracing on Corvette and when you get the ball bouncing back and forth in the engine for big points. Plus, reving the pin.

Destroying the ring on LOTR

#36 9 years ago

I like the retina scan toy on Demoman. Its really simple but having an eyeball rolling around on the play field really tickles me. Id have to second Red and Ted as well they are really complex and make the pinball machine come alive

#37 9 years ago

JP T-Rex

It is a sight to behold. I love watching people see it for the first time. Its magical.

#38 9 years ago

Ringmaster!

#39 9 years ago

I think the spinning disc on Tron is pretty awesome and extremely unique. The ball can do some pretty crazy things when it comes flying out of there.

#40 9 years ago

the MM castle is a classic. also the POTC ship.

#41 9 years ago

BSD Mist Multiball is awesome. That wandering ball is simply fantastic. I can't believe that mech hasn't been ripped off since. It would be killer on a Walking Dead pin!

Also, the Hammer lock on MET is totally amazing. Such a satisfying THUNK whee the ball is "smashed" through the playfield. I know the magnet lock drop has been done before, but MET really nailed it with the hammer... See what I did there?

#42 9 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

the Hammer lock on MET is totally amazing. Such a satisfying THUNK whee the ball is "smashed" through the playfield. I know the magnet lock drop has been done before, but MET really nailed it with the hammer... See what I did there?

+1

#43 9 years ago

The two moving cannons / probes on ST:TNG have to be in this list.

#44 9 years ago

Most have already been said- so basically these are just ones I also agree with.

Rudy- Funhouse
Shadow- Ball Lock
Shadow- Diverters
MM- Castle
TOM- Trunk Magnet
TAF- Thing hand
JP- TRex
BSD- Mist Multi-ball
IM, JP, etc...- Kickbacks
MM, XM, CC, etc...- Pop up targets
RFM- Use of monitor
TDK- Crane
MB- Drac
XM, LIS,- Magnet,Spinner Multi-ball

#45 9 years ago

This thread should be titled "name any toy from any pinball machine."

#46 9 years ago

Mist multiball
Shadow lock
Metallica hammer lock
Johnny Mnemonic glove
Creature under playfield monster

#47 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I think the spinning disc on Tron is pretty awesome and extremely unique. The ball can do some pretty crazy things when it comes flying out of there.

+1 for sure.

#48 9 years ago

mm castle and goblins
TallicA Sparky and Hammer
AFM Saucer and moving Aliens

#49 9 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

Agreed. I almost bought this game on this feature alone.

PotC ship, can't sell the pin because it's got the neatest toy.

#50 9 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

This thread should be titled "name any toy from any pinball machine."

Except you start to think about the troll from Roller Coaster Tycoon and think WTH!!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 84.99
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
$ 20.00
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

3,152 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pulaski, PA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 93 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-the-best-effect-toy-in-pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.