(Topic ID: 210294)

What's the best DMD era game under $2000?

By Blindseer

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20180225_020713 (resized).jpg
20180225_010830 (resized).jpg
20180225_010302 (resized).jpg
20180225_011650 (resized).jpg
20180225_011655 (resized).jpg
20180225_011720 (resized).jpg
3O0j2ur (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lpeters82.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#56 6 years ago

Yeah, if you have your heart set on a DMD my suggestion would be to try to stretch your budget to $2,500 to $3,000. They you are within the range of games like Johnny Mnemonic, Terminator 2, Demolition Man, Judge Dredd, Fish Tales, Bram Stoker's Dracula, World Cup Soccer, Jurassic Park, etc. Personally, if I was looking for a machine under $2,000 I'd probably be looking for something pre-DMD.

#59 6 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Yeah, if you have your heart set on a DMD my suggestion would be to try to stretch your budget to $2,500 to $3,000. They you are within the range of more universally enjoyed games like Johnny Mnemonic, Terminator 2, Demolition Man, Judge Dredd, Fish Tales, Bram Stoker's Dracula, World Cup Soccer, Jurassic Park, etc. Personally, if I was looking for a machine under $2,000 I'd probably be looking for something pre-DMD.

#65 6 years ago
Quoted from Blindseer:

You are missing the point of this thread.

Sorry, I took it as advise for first time buyers looking for a DMD game under $2,000. If that's the question, my honest advise would be to save up a little bit more or look for another era. I don't think there is great value in the sub-$2000 DMDs. You can spend a little bit more and be within the range of many great machines. I mentioned some in my previous post, but you could easily double or triple that list. If we're not talking about actual advise and you just want a list. There is probably only a list of two dozen or so machines: Last Action Hero, Party Zone, Big Hurt, Dr. Dude, Lethal Weapon 3, Maverick, Batman, Hook, Sharkey's Shootout, Cue Ball Wiazard, Waterworld, Street Fighter II, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Tee'd Off, Checkpoint, Whipeout, Hurricane, Al's Garage Band goes on a World Tour, Pistol Poker, Gladiators, Rescue 911, Mario Andretti, Shaq Attaq, etc. I'm sure that list will only become smaller and smaller too. If someone had their heart set on a sub-$200 DMD, I would tell them to go play anything that come up locally in that range. If they like it, buy it. Unless something has sentimental value, they are not machines I'd recommend hunting down.

1 week later
#117 6 years ago

I had a chance to put a few more games on a Lethal Weapon 3 this past weekend. I couldn't give a deep review of the rules, but it's a great shooting machine. If someone were looking for a budget DMD that would certainly be on my short list.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 23.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Columbus, IN
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bloomington, IL
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 259.00
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Walbridge, OH
$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lpeters82.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-the-best-dmd-era-game-under-2000?tu=lpeters82 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.