(Topic ID: 210294)

What's the best DMD era game under $2000?

By Blindseer

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20180225_020713 (resized).jpg
20180225_010830 (resized).jpg
20180225_010302 (resized).jpg
20180225_011650 (resized).jpg
20180225_011655 (resized).jpg
20180225_011720 (resized).jpg
3O0j2ur (resized).jpg
There are 132 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 6 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I no longer buy into the B/W superiority and DE/Sega inferiority that was spoon fed to me when I got into the hobby. I have owned plenty of both now and find a lot of DE/Sega pins to be just as fun and plenty reliable. But I don't mind all the B/W snobs talking down on DE/Sega. It helps keep the prices down.

I mean obviously to each their own. I have owned several data east titles over the years and enjoyed a lot of them quite a bit. The resale on most of those titles is not the same as bally Williams. It’s just not. I have a JP right now. It’s a cool game. If it were a bally it would be a $3500 game or more. That doesnt mean it’s a bad game or less of a game than any other game because it’s a data east. It’s just the way the market dictates the price.

#102 6 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

But I don't mind all the B/W snobs talking down on DE/Sega. It helps keep the prices down.

Boy the Sega/DE pins are crap, terrible artwork and they just don't feel right!

Trying to help !

#103 6 years ago

No way I would sell my LAH for $2000.

Decent LAH for less than 2k? Really?

Not in my area.

#104 6 years ago
Quoted from Budwin:

All pinball is crap. There is no such thing as a B/W snob. That's RGP talk!

#105 6 years ago

Lots of great DMD values for under 2k on Craigslist or various FaceBook pinball groups...as long as you are willing to refund some of the money the sellers “accidentally” overpay you when they get your machine confused with another one they sold simultaneously.

#106 6 years ago
Quoted from Budwin:

Trying to help !

It's all true, but lets face it, a rising tide raises all ships.

Fact is, DE games really never lagged very far behind your average W/B game in price, just in critical estimation. Now that there's so many more collectors all the DE stuff got snapped up too.

I used to avoid them like the plague but I'm happy to have given DE another chance. Some of their games are solid for sure, even if the total package is really never as good as the WB stuff.

#107 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Set the game up right and you won’t be able to. Fun game.

It wasn't my game to set up, bruh.

Seriously though, friend had it set up to be nicer to his kids. I told him exactly what I was going to do, Roger Sharpe style, and stood there for like 45 minutes doing nothing but shooting ramps. I'm pretty sure he cursed at me. LOL.

#108 6 years ago

If I could find a nice Waterworld locally for under 2 grand I would buy it. Not because it is a great pin but because it was my first. SINK THE DEEZ.

#109 6 years ago

Uh.... So... Can someone hand me my hat, so I can eat it now?

20180225_011720 (resized).jpg20180225_011720 (resized).jpg

20180225_011655 (resized).jpg20180225_011655 (resized).jpg

20180225_011650 (resized).jpg20180225_011650 (resized).jpg

20180225_010302 (resized).jpg20180225_010302 (resized).jpg

20180225_010830 (resized).jpg20180225_010830 (resized).jpg

20180225_020713 (resized).jpg20180225_020713 (resized).jpg

#110 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Uh.... So... Can someone hand me my hat, so I can eat it now?

wow. looks like a very nice one

#111 6 years ago

What’s a Stargate worth these days...very good condition, full LED?

#112 6 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

More than $2k.

#113 6 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

for years they were always 1950

Now it seems nice is more like 2400+

#114 6 years ago
Quoted from StrangeSubset1:

wow. looks like a very nice one

I've got some typical work to do on it...repinning the GI and whatnot, but yeah. It's in really nice condition from what little I know about DE games. I'm more used to seeing what my Time Machine looked like...planked cabinet AND playfield. o_o

#115 6 years ago

Nothing left in my area for less than 2k. (DMD games that is). Unless it's trashed. Even then...

#116 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

for years they were always 1950
Now it seems nice is more like 2400+

Yeah I agree, the ones I've see in my area are always asking 3k.

#117 6 years ago

I had a chance to put a few more games on a Lethal Weapon 3 this past weekend. I couldn't give a deep review of the rules, but it's a great shooting machine. If someone were looking for a budget DMD that would certainly be on my short list.

#118 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I've got some typical work to do on it...repinning the GI and whatnot, but yeah. It's in really nice condition from what little I know about DE games. I'm more used to seeing what my Time Machine looked like...planked cabinet AND playfield. o_o

I recommend new capacitors for the power supply. C2 and a couple of other small ones like to leak and cause a lot of issues.

#119 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

I recommend new capacitors for the power supply. C2 and a couple of other small ones like to leak and cause a lot of issues.

I'll take a look while I have it out, thanks.

#120 6 years ago

I don't believe anyone has mentioned Striker Xtreme. Not a deep game by any stretch, but I paid $1500 for mine, with all LEDs...delivered. Keep in mind - I probably overpaid a little bit.

It's a fun quick game that I can play for hours - an awesome starter pin.

#121 6 years ago
Quoted from SilverballSleuth:

I don't believe anyone has mentioned Striker Xtreme. Not a deep game by any stretch, but I paid $1500 for mine, with all LEDs...delivered. Keep in mind - I probably overpaid a little bit.
It's a fun quick game that I can play for hours - an awesome starter pin.

The audio is obnoxious though. It's worth it to throw the NFL ROMs in just to get rid of the guy with the grating accent.

#122 6 years ago

LOL - that's an option. boustrophedonic

#123 6 years ago

There's a routed South Park outside Philadelphia for $1800

#124 6 years ago
Quoted from misterschu:

There's a routed South Park outside Philadelphia for $1800

If someone likes that game I really want to know whats fun about it? the gameplay is the most boring hit something x times to start mode.

This past weekend I picked up a breakshot for 1400 and a no fear for 1850. I have to clean them and do basic work but Im ok with that.

I guess when I created this thread I forgot that most DMD games under 2K will require some work but then again why be in the hobby of owning if you are afraid of maintenance

#125 6 years ago
Quoted from Blindseer:

but then again why be in the hobby of owning if you are afraid of maintenance

Not everyone wants to spend time repairing things.....?

#126 6 years ago
Quoted from Blindseer:

the gameplay is the most boring hit something x times to start mode.

That's literally the same rules as Attack from Mars, just sayin'.

2 weeks later
#128 6 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

That's literally the same rules as Attack from Mars, just sayin'.

Im pretty sure most of pinside would disagree with you on that one. South Park is such a let down of a game. Like most sega/DE games they just don't click for me.

#129 6 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Not everyone wants to spend time repairing things.....?

Do what you want but it takes some of the fun of of the hobby when you can't say that you did at least some of the work.

#130 6 years ago
Quoted from Blindseer:

Do what you want but it takes some of the fun of of the hobby when you can't say that you did at least some of the work.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I enjoy it. Just offering an answer to your question.

#131 6 years ago
Quoted from Blindseer:

Im pretty sure most of pinside would disagree with you on that one. South Park is such a let down of a game.

I’m not saying that because it has the same rules as AFM, it’s just as good, or anywhere near as close to as good a game; I’m just stating an objective observation: starting a mode on both games is essentially the same: hit a shot x amount of times to start it, then continue to hit the shot for points/completion.

Austin Powers is the same way.

Of course, that’s a very topographical representation of the rules, but it’s completely different than the mode start style of rules on games like TAF or Shadow.

2 weeks later
#132 6 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Forgot all about Sharky’s Shootout. It’s a great game.

Yes, I have one. Payed $1700 for it in 2014. Too much for the shitty condition it was in. Did tons of work to it and some mods. No way I'm ever selling it for under $2200. It is a very fun game!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

3,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Weyburn, SK
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

3,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rochester, MN
$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bloomington, IL
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 18.95
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lake Charles, LA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 132 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-the-best-dmd-era-game-under-2000/page/3?hl=mbaumle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.