(Topic ID: 211572)

What's the benefit of registering your league with IFPA?

By fattdirk

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 74 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Vengeance
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tigerlaw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#28 1 year ago
    Quoted from Law:

but the pictures not as much

Pictures? What sort of pictures? I’m in the middle of running a league now and wasn’t told I had to take pictures. Is that a new requirement? Thanks in advance.

#38 1 year ago
    Quoted from Chemixtry:

I'm also concerned we will have players from neighboring states come in and take advantage of the fewer players here.

That’s not a bad thing necissarily. More people in your tourney, perhaps some better players for everyone else to learn from. Meeting new people is always fun, especially if they are engaged enough in the hobby to drive so far for a weekly league.

#39 1 year ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Joining The Stern Army might be helpful. Stern sent some very nice prizes we use to help promote our league. Your events have to be IFPA sanctioned to be in the Stern Army.

What are the requirements for a league to join the Stern army? Also, assuming there is a requirement to have a certain number of Stern games, does Stern consider classic Stern machines like Catacomb and Quicksilver as Sterns?

#51 1 year ago

Guys: people who do a bunch of tourneys together around the country are of course going to become friendly with each other (that is human nature, if you keep seeing the same people all the time you become friends with them, or at least should). It doesn’t mean just because people are friends there is some type of conspiracy. Perhaps the people who are friends have greater input on promotion than the rest of us, but it’s not like we don’t have a pipeline (I’m typing in one now) to get our own ideas over to the IFPA.

The IFPA really just wants to promote Pinball. They are trying this $1 fee this year as a test run and I’m sure will evaluate its impact after it’s been in place for a year and make whatever adjustments they feel are in our collective best interests. I wasn’t a fan of the $1 charge when it was announced but it really has not been issue in my area at all. I hope the bigger prize pools attract more attention to Pinball generally.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 19.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 79.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 45.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 8.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Pinball Haus
    $ 10.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    £ 20.00
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 17.50
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Haus
    $ 46.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    Pinball Machine
    Pinball Pro
    $ 24.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Gameroom Mods
    $ 239.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Tilttopper
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 65.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Texas Pinball
    $ 49.00
    $ 10.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 7,299.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tigerlaw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside