(Topic ID: 211572)

What's the benefit of registering your league with IFPA?

By Deez

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 74 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Vengeance
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider forceflow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 6 years ago

Well, someone could always start a "Local Flipper Pinball Association" geared towards smaller, local leagues and tournaments that wouldn't necessarily count towards the IFPA or state/national tournaments.

I don't compete anywhere near enough to bother with the IFPA--to me, it seems "too big", and I know I'll never be going to state/national events. I can count the number of tournaments I've participated in in the past 5 years on the fingers of my hands. Partly because I'm in a pinball dead zone, and partially that I'm not too interested in competitive play.

On the downside, a separate organization would probably fracture the competition scene and result in not being ranked on IFPA (not that everyone cares about national rankings in the first place, especially when you're #54212 or such). On the upside, local events could get some of the support/guidance/marketing that they aren't getting from the IFPA, and have players ranked according to similar sized local leagues/tournaments, rather than on the state/national level with big players.

#17 6 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

But turns out “creating a Pinball sanctioning body is hard.”

Never said it would be easy

If I had the time and more interest in competitions, maybe--but I have plenty of other things to occupy my time without adding the headache of running a body like that.

#18 6 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I did. The Universal Player Yearly Organized United Ranking System. Got a website and everything.

upyours.info? lol...clever acronym

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider forceflow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-the-benefit-of-registering-your-league-with-ifpa?tu=forceflow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.