(Topic ID: 211572)

What's the benefit of registering your league with IFPA?

By Deez

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 74 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Vengeance
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider brewmanager.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#41 6 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

I've been toying with the idea of starting a league and figured offering IFPA points would be a draw, but from this thread it sounds like more of a drag than anything - all the bookkeeping, money collecting and forwarding, etc. to what benefit?
    I'm personally not interested in the points, I'd only do it if it put more fingers at flippers.

In Toronto in particular the IFPA points are a draw. I know people drive a long way for my Pinball for Change and Bluffs events because over time I’ve established them as a fairly high WPPR point value.

Having players attend 5 events before they count means it may take a few seasons before your point value starts to increase, but if you stay the course your regulars all start to count and in my opinion it’s worth it.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider brewmanager.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-the-benefit-of-registering-your-league-with-ifpa?tu=brewmanager and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.