(Topic ID: 211572)

What's the benefit of registering your league with IFPA?

By Deez

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 74 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Vengeance
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Vengeance.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#30 6 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

I've been toying with the idea of starting a league and figured offering IFPA points would be a draw, but from this thread it sounds like more of a drag than anything - all the bookkeeping, money collecting and forwarding, etc. to what benefit?
    I'm personally not interested in the points, I'd only do it if it put more fingers at flippers.

Ask Hanley how well attend his non-sanctioned tournaments are.

In the GTA no IFPA means lower attendance for sure.

#34 6 years ago
    Quoted from Law:

The OP mentioned that someone (probably Adam) asked him to post a picture of the winner to the fb group where they listed the event when the results were submitted. Probably a good idea but not a requirement afaik. On second look, it might've just been the winner announced and not necessarily a picture.

I didn't do that

His results are waiting for him to pay the $1 fee, I was looking for information about his league on the website he provided so I could verify the TGP, I couldn't find anything. I gave him the benefit of the doubt and moved the results through our system awaiting his payment. Then I sent him an email letting him know that if he wants to submit his league again I'm going to require more information on the actual league, this being his provided URL:

https://www.facebook.com/MadCapBrewCo/

I found lots of information on Corn-hole tournaments and chill cook-offs but nothing about his league.

#72 6 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

I dunno, High Park Team League gets 20+ people with no points. I'd be happy with 20.

Team leagues are different, they are filling a different niche. Sanctioned events can't have teams.

That being said in the right area and correct promotion you could for sure build yourself a player base without Sanction. But Sanction in the GTA means you are tapping into a player base looking for more opportunities to qualify for the PCS without having to do any of the work of actually promoting your event and finding people who just want to play pinball.

#74 6 years ago

Corrected.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Vengeance.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-the-benefit-of-registering-your-league-with-ifpa?tu=Vengeance and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.