(Topic ID: 211572)

What's the benefit of registering your league with IFPA?

By Deez

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 74 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Vengeance
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TigerLaw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#28 6 years ago
    Quoted from Law:

but the pictures not as much

Pictures? What sort of pictures? I’m in the middle of running a league now and wasn’t told I had to take pictures. Is that a new requirement? Thanks in advance.

#38 6 years ago
    Quoted from Chemixtry:

I'm also concerned we will have players from neighboring states come in and take advantage of the fewer players here.

That’s not a bad thing necissarily. More people in your tourney, perhaps some better players for everyone else to learn from. Meeting new people is always fun, especially if they are engaged enough in the hobby to drive so far for a weekly league.

#39 6 years ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Joining The Stern Army might be helpful. Stern sent some very nice prizes we use to help promote our league. Your events have to be IFPA sanctioned to be in the Stern Army.

What are the requirements for a league to join the Stern army? Also, assuming there is a requirement to have a certain number of Stern games, does Stern consider classic Stern machines like Catacomb and Quicksilver as Sterns?

#51 6 years ago

Guys: people who do a bunch of tourneys together around the country are of course going to become friendly with each other (that is human nature, if you keep seeing the same people all the time you become friends with them, or at least should). It doesn’t mean just because people are friends there is some type of conspiracy. Perhaps the people who are friends have greater input on promotion than the rest of us, but it’s not like we don’t have a pipeline (I’m typing in one now) to get our own ideas over to the IFPA.

The IFPA really just wants to promote Pinball. They are trying this $1 fee this year as a test run and I’m sure will evaluate its impact after it’s been in place for a year and make whatever adjustments they feel are in our collective best interests. I wasn’t a fan of the $1 charge when it was announced but it really has not been issue in my area at all. I hope the bigger prize pools attract more attention to Pinball generally.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TigerLaw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-the-benefit-of-registering-your-league-with-ifpa?tu=TigerLaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.