(Topic ID: 211572)

What's the benefit of registering your league with IFPA?

By fattdirk

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 74 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Vengeance
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

There are 74 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 1 year ago

Guys: people who do a bunch of tourneys together around the country are of course going to become friendly with each other (that is human nature, if you keep seeing the same people all the time you become friends with them, or at least should). It doesn’t mean just because people are friends there is some type of conspiracy. Perhaps the people who are friends have greater input on promotion than the rest of us, but it’s not like we don’t have a pipeline (I’m typing in one now) to get our own ideas over to the IFPA.

The IFPA really just wants to promote Pinball. They are trying this $1 fee this year as a test run and I’m sure will evaluate its impact after it’s been in place for a year and make whatever adjustments they feel are in our collective best interests. I wasn’t a fan of the $1 charge when it was announced but it really has not been issue in my area at all. I hope the bigger prize pools attract more attention to Pinball generally.

#52 1 year ago

Instead of practicing to get better, or just accepting that they are a B player for life, it's easier for self-identifying scrub types to come up with some imaginary grand conspiracy involving the Free Masons, the mysterious and secretive offspring of D Gottlieb, and a shadowy cabal of former and current champions known as the Shatz/Stetta Alliance - all designed to siphon money from the proletariat and into the pockets of the "elite."

Competitive pinball isn't for everybody, and clearly, given the hysterical reaction by some to this measly nominal fee, it shouldn't be. That's why you can do it WITHOUT the auspices of the IFPA. But if you are gonna stay in the system you really should treat it with a little more respect and fewer histronics. It's hard to take some of this criticism seriously.

(it's a dollar)

#53 1 year ago
    Quoted from Marvin:

Of course a registration fee to cover the expenses of the organization wouldn't have accomplished what you wanted to do, because what you wanted to do was have the masses give money to the elite. It's working, it's your ball do as you please, but I'm not going to pretend I like it.

You never chased the WPPR buger anyway - WTF do you keep crying about it? At least Hilton was always a points hound.

#54 1 year ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

You never chased the WPPR buger anyway - WTF do you keep crying about it? At least Hilton was always a points hound.

Was hoping some Wisconsin dirt would start flying!

#55 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Was hoping some Wisconsin dirt would start flying!

I'm a disappointment to my state, I actually like/support the thing Josh is trying to do with the dollar. And I'm not an 'elite' player, either.

#56 1 year ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

I'm a disappointment to my state, I actually like/support the thing Josh is trying to do with the dollar. And I'm not an 'elite' player, either.

And yet you are good enough to contend for the SCS in Wisconsin. It'll be a much fatter pot next year, and not just for Josh and his small handful of cronies. This seems to be a point that many are missing.

#57 1 year ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

# of top 8 that are friends of the IFPA >?

That Colin Macalpine guy is about as UN-FRIEND as you get with the IFPA . . . for reasons I don't like bringing up

#58 1 year ago
    Quoted from Marvin:

Of course a registration fee to cover the expenses of the organization wouldn't have accomplished what you wanted to do, because what you wanted to do was have the masses give money to the elite. It's working, it's your ball do as you please, but I'm not going to pretend I like it.

this guy gets what CrazyLevi still is incapable of grasping.

Charging an administrative fee would not have brought in the money from the scrubs that the current fee structure does. Crazylevi is incapable of actually having a conversation about it (and he has the potential financial benefit from the new system) so he opts to call anything he does not understand or like a conspiracy theory to try and reduce the merit of other peoples opinions.

#59 1 year ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

this guy gets what whysnow is still is incapable of grasping.

#60 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

this guy gets what whysnow is still is incapable of grasping.

no, I fully grasp the ultimate business plan of bringing more money into competitive pinball/IFPA and the steps they are working towards.

#61 1 year ago

Why are we even discussing this here?

We are breaking precious new ground that should be continued in the epic Wisconsin IFPA thread

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ifpa-charging-fees-for-tournaments-in-2018

Rehashing the exact same points here - except without the context, and acting as if they haven't been addressed ad naseum - is is pretty disingenuous.

#62 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Instead of practicing to get better, or just accepting that they are a B player for life, it's easier for self-identifying scrub types to come up with some imaginary grand conspiracy involving the Free Masons, the mysterious and secretive offspring of D Gottlieb, and a shadowy cabal of former and current champions known as the Shatz/Stetta Alliance - all designed to siphon money from the proletariat and into the pockets of the "elite."
    Competitive pinball isn't for everybody, and clearly, given the hysterical reaction by some to this measly nominal fee, it shouldn't be. That's why you can do it WITHOUT the auspices of the IFPA. But if you are gonna stay in the system you really should treat it with a little more respect and fewer histronics. It's hard to take some of this criticism seriously.

That's solid gold right there Levi!!!
    I take great comfort in knowing the IFPA fee is NOT going away!
    But I'm too elite and buddy-buddy to be listened to.
    Funny that is the naysayers best they can do...
    You're too good, and stand to benefit from Joe House Balls dollar!!!

#63 1 year ago

I wish I wouldn't have ever created this thread. Can't we all just get along. It's supposed to be fun.

#64 1 year ago

If you register your league with IFPA and become a member of the Stern Army you’ll get swag and can possibly get pictures of your event and information about future events posted on Sterns Facebook site. If you go to the media and mention your event is sanctioned and people are world ranked and you have a state championship it legitimizes your activities some. You can run a 12 month season which costs everyone $1 for a year if you wanted.

Why would you not do this?

#65 1 year ago

May I have a dollar please? I’m not going to lie, it’s for beer. PM me and I’ll give you my paypal address.

If enough people kick in, maybe I can even get that bangerjay bobble head I’ve been saving my allowance for.

#66 1 year ago

If you want to discuss the IFPA $1 Fee, please move the discussion to the appropriate thread.

This thread is about the benefits of registering Leagues with the IFPA.

Move it back on topic.

Marcus

#67 1 year ago
    Quoted from fattdirk:

I wish I wouldn't have ever created this thread. Can't we all just get along. It's supposed to be fun.

Don't be sorry fattdirk, it just shows the polarity of the issue.
    In the end, it's simply a choice to be IFPA or not, and a choice to play in those events or not.

#68 1 year ago

I like when DNO wins the $ cause he buys everyone a round!

#69 1 year ago

The biggest benefit of being an ifpa player ,that I've found, is the ease of getting laid when people find out you're a world ranked pinball player.

#70 1 year ago
    Quoted from Capinball:

The biggest beneift of being an ifpa player ,that I've found, is the ease of getting laid when people find out you're a ranked pinball player.

There is a guy in our league, dangersem, that uses his IFPA rank to try and pick up women. I'm not quite sure that it's worked yet.

#71 1 year ago
    Quoted from Vengeance:

In the GTA no IFPA means lower attendance for sure.

I dunno, High Park Team League gets 20+ people with no points. I'd be happy with 20.

#72 1 year ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

I dunno, High Park Team League gets 20+ people with no points. I'd be happy with 20.

Team leagues are different, they are filling a different niche. Sanctioned events can't have teams.

That being said in the right area and correct promotion you could for sure build yourself a player base without Sanction. But Sanction in the GTA means you are tapping into a player base looking for more opportunities to qualify for the PCS without having to do any of the work of actually promoting your event and finding people who just want to play pinball.

#73 1 year ago
    Quoted from Vengeance:

Team leagues are different, they are filling a different niece.

#74 1 year ago

Corrected.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Hardware
    CPR Playfields
    $ 50.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Mod Co.
    $ 269.00
    Displays
    Boston Pinball Company
    $ 14.95
    $ 45.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Just 3D Mods
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 79.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 49.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Chrome Candy
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 5.00
    $ 99.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 27.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Medisinyl Mods
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 69.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinbotz
    $ 26.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 45.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 9,500.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    There are 74 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside