Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

gtb-a9995.jpg
tray.JPG
#1 9 years ago

The thing that sits in front of the 'ball in play' bulbs on the apron. My Crescendo is missing it, I can just look at the light bulbs, how boring. What's the name of that card or THING that is supposed to be there so I can try and hunt one down?

#2 9 years ago

http://mirror2.ipdb.org/files/590/Gottlieb_1970_Crescendo_Reproduction_Score_And_Instruction_Cards.zip

Here ya go. Print it out on cardstock, cut carefully, and you're in business...

#3 9 years ago

Just call up Steve at PBR he will not only have the black card that shows the numbers (ball in play) but he should also have the black tray thingie that fits around the bulbs.

tray.JPGtray.JPG
#4 9 years ago

If Steve doesn't have one let me know. I may have a spare I can part with.

#5 9 years ago

I didn't think steve had the light dividers???? I thought I asked him once and he said no. I could be wrong but if he does make sure you post a price so I know

#6 9 years ago

Do you mean these?

Gottlieb® Ball In Play Card

Trying to restore your game back to original look? Have a tired/burnt/missing Ball in Play card, we have reproduced part #A9995 Balls In Play card.

Part #A9995 Ball In Play Card $1.50ea

Hard to find on the website but saw them the other day!

gtb-a9995.jpggtb-a9995.jpg
#7 9 years ago

i thought he needed the divider

#8 9 years ago

Re-reading his post it could be either!

No doubt he will update

#9 9 years ago

This is Frax, We actually need both parts.

Thanks guys!

#10 9 years ago

The light dividers are unobtainium. You'll need to find one from a parts game, or schlock one out of cardboard until you can find one.

#11 9 years ago

I wonder if one of the 3d print guys can make these. swinks has made some different types of light dividers and put them up on shapeways, I bet this wouldn't be too challenging for someone who knows how to model.

#12 9 years ago

I hoarded these because they were hard to find, then someone said steve at pbr had them? but I guess they were talking about the card not the light divider....

#13 9 years ago

Steve should consider reproing the deviders

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Steve should consider reproing the deviders

Steve only commits to making parts he knows he will sell in good quantity to justify the tooling. He knows, he will never sell enough of these for sure. For the most part, I think junked games have supplied most of what has been needed over the years.

Depending on cost, I think the 3D printing idea is a good one.

#15 9 years ago

someone's gotta be able to model and print it, just need the specs. It's not like it's complicated, I just have no idea how they attach or mount... hell, I can probably make something myself out of poster-board and elmers' glue that's sufficient for the light-blocker part LOL.

#16 9 years ago

I have access to a small 3D printer which should be able to handle this.

I will see if a buddy of mine will model it.

Will probably cost me a couple lunches.

But I'm not sure if we have material to print black.

I'll have to investigate

#17 9 years ago

Doesn't matter as long as it blocks the light from illuminating the card segments adjacent. At least not to me.

#18 9 years ago

Doesn't even need to block light. You could always paint it after it is printed.

I have one I will loan out if you need one to model from.

Mike O.

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

someone's gotta be able to model and print it, just need the specs. It's not like it's complicated, I just have no idea how they attach or mount... hell, I can probably make something myself out of poster-board and elmers' glue that's sufficient for the light-blocker part LOL.

They simply snap into the window. There is a flange all around the top to stop it from falling through. And, I believe there are a few nubs around the inside edge to help hold it down.

FYI, Silver spray paint blocks light better than black. So, as was suggested, it could be printed out of any durable material (needs to withstand the heat of the game over lamp unless you go LED) and then painted. Silver to block the light, followed by black to make it look original. But then, who is even going to see it once mounted.

#20 9 years ago

It just sits in place via gravity without any snap or latch.

#21 9 years ago

Frax...Just ask Nicolas and Shawn to 3D print one for you. They have the tools and they have the part right there on Nicolas's 1967 Gottlieb Surfside. After they 3D print it then you can do like others have said paint it black or matte grey etc. Retro LEDs look better in those 6 bulbs than 44 /47 bulbs.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-the-actual-part-name-for-this and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.