(Topic ID: 22811)

What's that ONE change/addition you'd make to your favorite game?

By IndianaPwns

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

We all dream of perfection! Ever thought of a change/addition that would make your favorite even better?

Aesthetics, rules, coding, animations, playfield...etc. Anything goes!

My favorite game is IJ '93 (Yes...yes...I know, it's the only one I have).

If there was just one thing I'd add - it'd be a kickass skill shot.

Like MM, you'd hold the left flipper and pull the trigger. The ball would plunge up the right loop, go past the INDY gates and down the left loop to the left flipper for a smack shot right to the captive ball! BAM!

That would be an epic Skill Shot!

Share your ideas!

#2 11 years ago
    Quoted from IndianaPwns:

My favorite game is IJ '93 (Yes...yes...I know, it's the only one I have).

Guess what mine is? (I'd think you'd know)

Anyway, I would love to add something that might surprise some people: More voice-overs. TSPP just has characters voiced by Nancy Cartwright, Hank Azaria, and Dan Castellaneta. Where is Yeardley Smith, Julie Kavner, Harry Shearer, Tress MacNeille, etc. For a theme that goes this deep, I expect more voice-overs.

#3 11 years ago

Remove the auto-plunger.

That is general for most pins with them. I can never pick a favorite.

#4 11 years ago

Cut the current asking price in half

#5 11 years ago

LOTR - Not have to beat all three MBs and DTR on one ball to get to Valinor. I still may never get there, but at least it might be possible.

#6 11 years ago
    Quoted from The_Gorilla:

Cut the current asking price in half

You said it pin-bro!

#7 11 years ago

I have several...but the first one that popped into my head when I read the title was add multi-Ball to Bad Cats!
    Then I would get rid of the button plunger and add the real shooter rod to AFM...Well I guess you could go with get rid of the button plungers all together!

Phoebe

#9 11 years ago

Being able to rotate the upper rollover lanes with my flippers would be an added plus on GORGAR....it be much more easier to light them for the multipliers.

#10 11 years ago

Does changing the entire playfield on South Park count? Oh, you said favorite game. Something I would like to see changed are the funky slings on STTNG. I know the design encompasses the guns and all. Guess I should enjoy that fact that its different and just become a better player. I also vote with Phoebe to get rid of all the button plungers.

#11 11 years ago

Have an indicator on Spider-Man of how many balls a player has locked.

#12 11 years ago

I wish there was some sort of wife-a-way spray I could put on my LOTR, she is always hogging all the playtime

#13 11 years ago
    Quoted from absocountry2:

Remove the auto-plunger.
    That is general for most pins with them. I can never pick a favorite.

Can't you just disconnect the solenoid for this to be the case?

#14 11 years ago

TAF and TZ should have been designed with better lighting. Those titles are dark.

#15 11 years ago
    Quoted from TaylorVA:

Wizard mode for WH2O.

WH2O is not my favorite game but AFM is pretty much perfect IMO.

#16 11 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

I assume he is talking about a button launcher like on BSD or AFM.

#17 11 years ago

TZ is my favorite game of all time, and there has always been one minor change that I have longed for. During "Town Square Madness", the Dead End shot should have some sort of increased significance. It should either award a jackpot, or add a huge bonus to your TSM total.

#18 11 years ago

TFTC - Limit the skill shot's chopping block sound to only play 1 or 2 times.

BSD - Replace the music with loops from the movie's score and add a few missing quotes.

#19 11 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

I actually was talking about button plungers. I few have said it above as well.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-that-one-changeaddition-youd-make-to-your-favorite-game and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.