• Spiderm 23 votes
    21%

(108 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
#1 8 years ago

If you were giving advice on these three.

Note:

I had owned SM but sold this it. I really liked the game except for longish ball times and was hearing about the SMVE, but for the sake of this poll just talking about SM (HUO). I don't dislike this pin at all, but found that the beginning part of the game played much the same, however I didn't put enough time to get to the wizard modes which I hear is where the game shines.

Met pro. Played it some but didn't grab me, but I hear nothing but great praise for the game and think it'd be a pin that I'd enjoy, probably would switch out some of the songs for non Metallica songs (I prefer something like NIN etc..) the song material is my biggest downside.

TWD pro played it way back when it came out, poor code, also was perplexed by the layout with the pops and the right ramp location and I'm not generally a fan of bash toys (Well Walker). However again I've heard good things about this pin after the code drop.

#2 8 years ago

MET in my opinion is the most challenging and near perfect pinball game I've played. The tight shot's and variety of modes keeps me coming back. WD is great but needs a few more code revisions to sell me. SM I'm really not a fan of any of Stern's superhero games.

#3 8 years ago

The walking dead.

#4 8 years ago

Go with MET. The layout on TWD is just frustrating. Met is just so much fun to play.

#5 8 years ago

since metallica pro is better than metallica premium and metallica premium is top 10 (according to pinside), im gonna say metallica pro is better than the other 2. But if you swap TWD pro for TWD premium, then we have ourselves a debate

#6 8 years ago

Not to hijack the thread, but if you had cash for 2 premiums and were getting TWD and Met, would you opt foe a Pro version of either instead?

#7 8 years ago

MET > sliced bread

#8 8 years ago

Not voting as these are all great in their own way. It's like picking between three adorable kittens. If you are a bad player, pick SM, I guess. The other two are equally good in different ways.

#9 8 years ago

I own 2 of the 3 and met gets my vote.

#10 8 years ago

And why would Met Pro be better than Met Prem?

#11 8 years ago

Metallica Pro is the full package. It has neat toys, tons of shots in a good layout, some of the best art on any game, and good rules. Most other games compromise on one of these, especially games that aren't tricked out premium $6000+ games.

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from mdclips:

And why would Met Pro be better than Met Prem?

It really isn't because of the light show but I do prefer it cause it's more fun and fluent. The snake shot for whatever reason is way easier and has little to no rejects unlike the 4 PREMS/LEs I've played. Sometimes locking the final ball for coffin mb takes creativity to get the magnet to trip on the PREM / LE so that frustration is out the door with the pro. That's pretty much the biggest reasons why I enjoyed the pro more. Everything else plays the same so when you consider price, yes the pro is the better choice....in my opinion.

#13 8 years ago

Do you like flow or stop and go? Both the layouts on sm and met are flow masters. Twd is a sniper stop and go. I dont get why so many people like twd even with all the code updates the layout ruins it for me. Have you looked into tron or ironman?

#14 8 years ago

TWD kicks ass!

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

Do you like flow or stop and go?

Have you looked into tron or ironman?

Actually have both Tron and Iron Man.

I made this poll partly to help me decide, and since I've already owned SM I decided to try Met, I love it, just need some song modifications, a Color Dmd, maybe purple armor.

I picked up a Met pro, chrome armor which I'm going to change over to Tron.

I was concerned to spend my money before the SMVE reveal, but now that I've seen the price of $MVE I'm not sad at all.

I paid almost $2000 less than a new SMVE for a near new Met Pro with chrome armor.

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

Do you like flow or stop and go? Both the layouts on sm and met are flow masters. Twd is a sniper stop and go. I dont get why so many people like twd even with all the code updates the layout ruins it for me. Have you looked into tron or ironman?

Lol if the twd is set up correctly the ball isnt in the pops any more than on met . Im really enjoying twd over my met as it just has more variety to offer and is very challenging with pretty amazing code . I love met also but in the long run I see twd have better staying power in my collection . Plus it has zombies

#17 8 years ago

MET became a brilliant game once it grew on me, I would love to own one someday. Maybe TWD would be the same as I have only had say 20-30 games on it on location but I see TWD more as a generic zombie game rather than a real reflection of the show.
SM is one of my favourite games of all time.

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

MET became a brilliant game once it grew on me, I would love to own one someday. Maybe TWD would be the same as I have only had say 20-30 games on it on location but I see TWD more as a generic zombie game rather than a real reflection of the show.
SM is one of my favourite games of all time.

Agreed on a generic zombie pin .. I just had a long night affair with my walking dead prem and wow the more I play and learn the rules it is definitely pretty amazing . I was beginning to wonder about it ,but I get it totally now and its definitely a dam fine fun brutal pin. Definitely one of those pins that you need some serious time on to really fully enjoy and get into especially woth the new code .

#19 8 years ago

Bigd

You're talking about TWD premium, do you have enough time on the pro? Does that compare as well with Met pro?

There's something pure (for lack of a better word) about getting a Met pro for $4700 (I'm aware the buck doesn't stop there) but arguably the premium is another $2000.

I'll grant that a pro lacks much overall but you're talking 3 pro pins almost for the price of 2 LE/premiums. Hard to believe Stern removed spinners from Met pro but I haven't played the premium much so I don't really miss them.

I'm also nuts for color changing inserts which really makes $6800 SMVE hard to swallow in 2016.

I'm considering a TWD pro but there's a lot missing it seems. Especially walker bombs.

#20 8 years ago

I still believe twd pro is up there with met bc of the ruleset .

#21 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

It really isn't because of the light show but I do prefer it cause it's more fun and fluent. The snake shot for whatever reason is way easier and has little to no rejects unlike the 4 PREMS/LEs I've played. Sometimes locking the final ball for coffin mb takes creativity to get the magnet to trip on the PREM / LE so that frustration is out the door with the pro. That's pretty much the biggest reasons why I enjoyed the pro more. Everything else plays the same so when you consider price, yes the pro is the better choice....in my opinion.

Once the block is exchanged for the captive ball, most this is solved on the premium. Prior to that I completely agree with you. The settings for ball locks can be set also to work exactly like the pro so if you were to put the captive ball in and fix those settings, you don't have any argument for the pro being better anyone. Then the rest of the features add to the premium. I was a long time pro owner. Swore how much better it was until I put a captive ball into my friends LE and after that I upgraded to the premium.

As far as the light show, without a bunch of led soldering changes, I consider it a wash. The GI show on the premium is good but the cool white inserts everywhere that cannot be changed is not. The pro with say blues in all the sparky actually helps game play a bit. The LE large sparky inserts in white are too hard to see. The color changing arrows on the LE help game play a bit. Apron based led strips hooked up to 3 of the flashers on the pro helped the light show *a ton*. Of course I fixed all the inserts on my premium but I don't consider it a super easy task like changing the captive ball out was.

#22 8 years ago

I've a non-LED pro, the prior owner put some blue and purple LEDs in the switch inserts. They're not all the same color.

What color do you recommend on the big Electric Switch inserts?image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#23 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I'm considering a TWD pro but there's a lot missing it seems. Especially walker bombs.

Have you read any of TWD threads at all? Apply some of the Jpop savings to TWD premium and call it a day. You'll be glad you did.

#24 8 years ago

Rai: I made all mine blue along with blue flashers at the sparky

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Rockford, IL
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 25.50
$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-really-better-met-pro-sm-twd-pro-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.