(Topic ID: 132718)

What's NOT for sale in (insert your area here).

By woody24

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 54 posts
  • 41 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by jfesler
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

paper.jpeg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    There are 54 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 8 years ago

I find it fun to click on people's profiles and see what all machines people have. Some of you have some pretty awesome collections.

Was curious, let's say that for some reason you had to sell all your machines, but you got to keep one, what would it be?

For me, if someone came to my door saying they'd give me $1500 more than what it's worth for my Jurassic Park, I'd say no.

#2 8 years ago
    Quoted from woody24:

if someone came to my door saying they'd give me $1500 more than what it's worth for my Jurassic Park, I'd say no.

Why would you say no? You could buy two JP then. J/k

I think I'd keep my AcDc premium or IM to last.

#3 8 years ago

I'll keep my Pinky!

#4 8 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

Why would you say no? You could buy two JP then. J/k

Ok, in this alternate universe, all pins are of equal value. There's nothing worth more than the next. And there's only one of every single machine.

#5 8 years ago
    Quoted from woody24:

And there's only one of every single machine.

That may actually be true about Pinky.

#6 8 years ago

My MET would be last to go

#7 8 years ago
    Quoted from woody24:

Ok, in this alternate universe, all pins are of equal value. There's nothing worth more than the next. And there's only one of every single machine.

In that case, I'll keep AcDc premium.

Steve Ritchie saying: "Welcome to Hell" never gets old.

#8 8 years ago

This beauty is never leaving:

image.jpgimage.jpg

#9 8 years ago

I'd Keep TRON.

If I had one.

#10 8 years ago
    Quoted from Grinder901:

image.jpg

Obsess much?

#11 8 years ago

Impossible... Like which kid do you keep?

#12 8 years ago

Similar to your JP hypothetical, someone would have to offer me a ridiculous sum to pry my Big Game out of my hands.

#14 8 years ago

Whitewater and medieval madness

#15 8 years ago

Easy.....our X-Men Pro. My wife's dream theme, and our first and only NIB.

Top that off with the fact that it's one of Stern's best games ever, and you have the perfect recipe for "it's never leaving".

Later,
    EV

#16 8 years ago

Tommy! I've had it over 8 years and it's just too damn unique to ever let it go.

#17 8 years ago

It's like the "Sophie's Choice" of pinball machines.

#18 8 years ago

EBD is NOT for sale... unless I found a better copy. (my Tron is going to give me a stern talking to tonight because I picked EBD).

#19 8 years ago
    Quoted from Grinder901:

image.jpg

Oh my... gasp.

#20 8 years ago

TX-Sector, Vector, and Future Spa sure aren't for sale in my area or I'd have them already. As far as my games go, I can't imagine a scenario where I'd ever sell WCS or TZ, both because I love the games and I've put $1000s and dozens of hours into both of them. Having to re-buy them and start from scratch is a nightmare scenario.

#21 8 years ago

Theatre of Magic. Probably because, its the game that got me hooked.

#22 8 years ago

my Addams family is glued to the floor

#23 8 years ago

Excalibur is never leaving!

#25 8 years ago

TZ or MM...if TPA tables count...

#26 8 years ago

CONGO.

#27 8 years ago

STTNG
    Still the game I've had the longest and at this time will still be the last one to leave.

#28 8 years ago

Lord of the rings...but I just added a wicked X-men pro , an honestly say that's not going anyware either!!!!

#29 8 years ago

I thought it was bsd but now I think it's imve

#30 8 years ago

Nothing in my collection is a keeper. I guess Black Knight because of sentimental attachment, although I really dislike the gameplay.

#31 8 years ago
    Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

Nothing in my collection is a keeper. I guess Black Knight because of sentimental attachment, although I really dislike the gameplay.

Agreed.

Offer me $1500 over what I feel its worth, Ill grab the beers and move it myself.

#32 8 years ago
    Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

My stepson, who says he doesn't like pinball much (he's grounded!), says he wants a Black Knight.

#33 8 years ago

I can't choose between Bride and Firepower. Firepower I've put the most work in, and it gets played the most. But this particular Bride is the machine that started my addiction when I played it at my first pinball show.

#34 8 years ago

Funhouse. Just too many memories associated playing when I was a kid. 20 years later....finally got to play it again.....and a couple of years later...able to buy one

#35 8 years ago

You sold it

#36 8 years ago

I honestly couldn't say.....probably STTNG.......but maybe IM.........no possibly ST.

So I guess the one that would leave first would be Getaway

#37 8 years ago

Medieval Madness. I bought it NIB in 1997. About 1800 plays so far. Will be the last machine to leave.

#38 8 years ago

I sold everything but my Keller restored MM now I also have AC/DC Luci, it would be very hard to part with either of them.

#39 8 years ago
    Quoted from Geocab:

My stepson, who says he doesn't like pinball much (he's grounded!), says he wants a Black Knight.

Oh I don't think he wants my Black Knight (lower playfield has large spots worn to bare wood, cabinet is scratched and was painted entirely black at one point, backglass is badly flaking, also the game has frequent technical problems).

It's in such poor shape that it wouldn't sell for more than $500 or so anyways, so at that price the sentimental value makes it worth keeping.

#40 8 years ago

ACDC or Tron

#41 8 years ago

The Shadow for me. I purposely keep putting more money into it and will continue to do so just so I'm never tempted.

#42 8 years ago
    Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

Oh I don't think he wants my Black Knight (lower playfield has large spots worn to bare wood, cabinet is scratched and was painted entirely black at one point, backglass is badly flaking, also the game has frequent technical problems).
    It's in such poor shape that it wouldn't sell for more than $500 or so anyways, so at that price the sentimental value makes it worth keeping.

Have you bullet proofed the boards using Vid's guide?

#43 8 years ago

What do you mean not for sale?

paper.jpegpaper.jpeg

#45 8 years ago

surprised to see a lot of newer games on these lists.

#47 8 years ago

You are asking this question with the assumption that you can NEVER buy the same title back? Or just that specific machine back?

If I knew that I could buy any titles back at a later point in time, last would be Space Shuttle.
    If I knew that I could NOT buy any titles back at a later point in time, last would be Metallica.

But I'm thankful that we don't live in such a universe. So I keep them all until I run out of space. Then I make more space. Then I put them in storage, then I keep them at relative's houses, then I put them in arcades on free play, then I start to part them out and smash them.

#48 8 years ago
    Quoted from snyper2099:

You are asking this question with the assumption that you can NEVER but the same title back? Or just that specific machine back?

Which machine do you have the most attachment to, if the value of the pin means nothing.

#49 8 years ago

Then it would be Space Shuttle

#50 8 years ago

I recently had someone offer me $3000 for my Flipper Football. It's not my favorite pin, but it's by far the most fun to play when it comes time for parties. Don't get much better than beer and team competition. The cabinet is about as nice as they come and I swapped in an NOS cleared playfield.

I said no.

There are 54 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-not-for-sale-in-insert-your-area-here and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.