(Topic ID: 236618)

Whats next? 5 months, 3 machines so far.

By TommyNYC

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by PinDeLaPin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“what would you pick based on my current collection ? ”

• NIB JJP PIRATES OF CARIBBEAN 13 votes
      50%
    • NIB STERN MACHINE ( DEADPOOL OR MUNSTERS PREMIUM ) 10 votes
      38%
    • NIB ATTACK FROM MARS SE REMAKE 3 votes
      12%

(26 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pincollec (resized).jpg
    #1 5 years ago

So made a splash in this hobby with my first machine ( Data East Leathal Weapon 3) which i kind of inherited with a house.
    that led to a NIB Monster Bash SE followed by a Used Data East Jurassic Park I picked up last weekend.

I still have the itch for more !

I have really had my eyes on the Attack From Mars Remake SE. I am considering buying it NIB but another part of me thinks I don't have a truly Modern Pin and I may mix the collection up better with a New JJP or Stern.

Am i wrong in thinking AFMr and My MBr are not truly modern because they are remakes and they don't have the fancy Screen Graphics and Toys of some of the newer stuff? Its a Tough decision for sure.

I am the type that buys and never sells so i try to make the right decision the first time.

Any Thoughts?

updated collection pic:

pincollec (resized).jpgpincollec (resized).jpg
    #3 5 years ago
    Quoted from TommyNYC:

I still have the itch for more !

So do I

90s games are great. And I voted AFMr before reading your comments. So sure, at some point, grab a modern Stern. Then bitch about it for a bit (everyone coming from 90s games did). But then fall in love with what great games Stern has made over the last bunch of years.

#4 5 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

So do I
    90s games are great. And I voted AFMr before reading your comments. So sure, at some point, grab a modern Stern. Then bitch about it for a bit (everyone coming from 90s games did). But then fall in love with what great games Stern has made over the last bunch of years.

I grew up in the 90s so i really connect with that stuff but also see some amazing things going on with today's pins.

I am torn LOL , eventually i assume i will have some from column A and some from column B anyway.

#5 5 years ago

Visit some b/arcades and shows and find out what you like.

#6 5 years ago
    Quoted from TommyNYC:

I am the type that buys and never sells so i try to make the right decision the first time.

We'll see if the hobby changes that, lol. Although there's probably a built-in financial disincentive against selling a NIB pin any time soon...

#7 5 years ago

I would recommend iron maiden premium but from your poll I would go JJP POTC.

#8 5 years ago
    Quoted from TommyNYC:

Best of luck with that

#9 5 years ago

Also, since you haven't owned a lot of games you have SO many great options for deals!

I'd seriously consider avoiding NIB. You WILL sell it eventually, and you can either lose 1k+ or a couple hundred... maybe even make a bit depending on the price.

You're honestly way better off jumping on a fire sale deal on a local HUO game with all the kinks worked out (there can be MANY with NIB) & some random mods thrown in like shaker, color DMD. I'd have a bunch more money in my bank account if I did this when I was getting started.

#10 5 years ago

I would highly suggest finding a local group and playing a bunch of games to see what you actually like. You can't go wrong with an AFM game though imo!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-next-5-months-3-machines-so-far-?hl=tommynyc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.