Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by ChadNC
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 10 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_4868.jpg
IMG_4867.jpg
IMG_4864.jpg
IMG_4862.jpg
IMG_4861.jpg
IMG_4860.jpg
IMG_4859.jpg

#1 6 years ago

I *might* be looking to sell my Tron to help fund another pin. Curse this crazy hobby!
I am the original buyer and it's from the first run with screened cabinet and 3d Translight.
Perfect condition with no wear and pretty low plays. Here's what I have done to it:

Kerry Scoop Protector installed on day one before the first ball was even launched.
Kimball's lit up ramps with sound activation. Ramps were drilled and tie wrapped.
Full Flipper Fidelity Speaker Kit
Arcade Mod V2
Flynn Sign
Lit up Recognizer
Hallmark Light Cycles
LED's throughout
White Rubber

I think that's about it, goody bag is still stapled inside too. Let me know your thoughts on a fair price.

Thanks,
Kevin

IMG_4859.jpg IMG_4860.jpg IMG_4861.jpg

#2 6 years ago

more pics

IMG_4862.jpg IMG_4864.jpg IMG_4867.jpg

#3 6 years ago

pic and bad youtube video showing lit up ramps.

IMG_4868.jpg

#4 6 years ago

About a million dollars, same as that candy bar over there.

#5 6 years ago

About $3200. I can swing by Saturday.

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from Tripin:

About $3200. I can swing by Saturday.

Hehe, I have the receipt and I paid a wee bit more than that

#7 6 years ago

These are getting really hard to price. Yours has some really nice mods which add to the value, but Im not sure you will get the value out of them that you paid and put into it.

Since you can still get them NIB, the value on them hasn't jumped as much as could be expected from what I've seen. I've seen them without lots of mods sit at below 5k.

I can take a stab and say to add up the mods, base price, tack a little on, and then go from there. But that's really just a best guess.

I expect people to come in here and say I wouldn't sell mine for X, or with the mods it's worth a lot more because it looks close to an LE. But that's not going to answer your question.

Hopefully this at least helps. Either way, good luck!

#8 6 years ago

Thanks for honest insight. I was thinking $5,200 was where to start.

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Thanks for honest insight. I was thinking $5,200 was where to start.

No problem. If you start it there, I would expect it to sell relatively quickly. I will be interested in watching it. Hope you sell it quick and get what you want.

#10 6 years ago

If you paid around 4700 and add your mods up, you are probablly around 5600. I wouldn't sell for less than thAt. On some pins mods aren't a big deal. But on Tron, everyone wants them. Plus you have the screened cab. Also one of the coolest mods for Tron is the back boxkit for 3d made by Kimball or Flipper Fidelity. You may not have it but tht translite brings a premium over the others.

#11 6 years ago
#12 6 years ago

I've bought and sold one with similar mods in place - I don't think the $5600 is out of line at all.

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from ChadNC:

If you paid around 4700 and add your mods up, you are probablly around 5600. I wouldn't sell for less than thAt. On some pins mods aren't a big deal. But on Tron, everyone wants them. Plus you have the screened cab. Also one of the coolest mods for Tron is the back boxkit for 3d made by Kimball or Flipper Fidelity. You may not have it but tht translite brings a premium over the others.

Why is the screened cabinet worth more than the cab with decals? Being somewhat new to owning pins (about 3.5 years, but new compared to a lot of you!) I have not understood this thought. To me, the decals look better (higher resolution) and can be replaced if the cab is damaged, unlike a screened cab. I am not trying to be combative with this question, just an honest question to try and enlighten me. I may also be biased because I have a LOTR with flipper and start button wear, and wish I could buy decals. Thanks!

#14 6 years ago

Curious on this as well. Not looking to sell, but wondering what it's worth....

#15 6 years ago

I think $5600 is not out of line as well. You guys watch-wait until the 200 are completely sold out and the next movie comes out. This game is really well designed and has fantastic rules and game play. In a couple years this pin will be a collector pin and pricing will reflect that-IMO

#16 6 years ago

Like IM, Tron has a deceivingly simple layout with nice rules. Kind of a throw back to System 11 days.

$5,600 is very fair. Once you buy a Tron and start throwing all the mods in, it adds up fast. Easily $1,000 in mods on this game to pimp it.

Good luck with your decision!

#17 6 years ago

$4700 and pull off the mods. While they are nice to personalize and bling out the game, they should add zero value to the pin for resell. Sell the mods seperate and put a super nice HUO Tron Pro up for sale at a good price.

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

$4700 and pull off the mods. While they are nice to personalize and bling out the game, they should add zero value to the pin for resell.

I disagree, having mods on it is a big plus for many. It negates the time needed to installing them and you save some money off what the mods would cost. Many like the mods especially on TRON, TZ, SM ect. It does add value perhaps not to you but to many it does (myself included).

#19 6 years ago

Of course, all discussions regarding Tron, end up discussing mods.

If newer improved versions of mods, better different mods are available, or are expected to become available, it lowers the value of any "less desirable" mods, and machine, in my view. That's because you've got to uninstall them, and replace them if that is what you desire.

If NIB pins are available, you can just buy it, and install the current mods, if you desire.

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

and you save some money off what the mods would cost.

That's assuming they are not jacking up the price too much. I'm not saying this particular Tron is (or will be), but look at other games for sale that are modded out and are way overpriced because of trinkets, action figures, and plastics. Tron does need the arcade mod (which isn't really a mod because it's that good) but mods in general seem to increase the price more than a base game and getting the mods individually. I do think Tron in general needs some, but it's a cost that should be eaten by the owner when selling, and not passed to the buyer (like LED's...but that's a whole different discussion)

PS: I have mods on my Tron too, so I'm not dissing them

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

but mods in general seem to increase the price more than a base game and getting the mods individually.

I am not too sure about that mods can be pretty expensive now days. I respect your opinion though. I know I have not gotten even close to dollar for dollar for mods on pins I have sold with lots of em included. Maybe that is just me though. Or perhaps I should be trying to get more for them though.

#22 6 years ago

NIB's are currently going for high ~4800ish and they have the 2d translite and decal'd cab (which are both less desired compared to your 3D translite & Silk Screened Cab).

Tron (and some other newer games) are actually contrary to the norm these days. People will actually pay the extra money for the tasteful mods that are already done for them as opposed to older games like TZ/TAF e.t.c where people always say "I ain't payin extra for no crap mods".

Start @ 5500 and let the market decide but I bet you'd get close to that

#23 6 years ago

Some great advice, thanks guys. I think for Tron the mods are necessary and I've done all the hard work so that the next guy can plug and play. Gonna make a decision on Sunday night.

Kevin

#24 6 years ago

This gives you an idea of what you can do with mods and don't forget before made this very last run they were selling for 5200 un-modded.

This is what has been dome to mine :
Tron pro: 4300.00
Plastic protector Flourescent( Curly): 35.00
Mantis protector: 25.00
Hallmark cycles: 20.00
Arcade Mod tilt: 225.00
Recognizer mod: 60.00
Cointaker leds: 200.00
Flynn Sign mod: 75.00
LE Ramps w/ holes: 200.00
EL Wire: 100.00
Shaker Motor: 200.00
Playfield under Rails 60.00
Custom Cards: 10.00
Orange Custom Armor Kit 295.00
Recognizer sticker: 8.00
Light Jets: 15.00
Light Runner: 8.00
Kimball BackBox Mod: 245.00 I think
Extenal Sub 90.00
Flipper Bat toppers- 45.00
New blue Powder over original orange- 365.00
Castor Mod- 45.00 i think
Gem mod- 10.00

TOTAL= 6636.00 Total with all available mods maybe

That's with paying only 4300 for pin

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

#25 6 years ago

Blue DMD and Elis fiber kit will put me at 7500 so its pretty crazy but an awesome pin.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Machine - For Sale
Covington, GA
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside