(175 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-807.jpg
image.jpg
Tastes%20Great%20Less%20Filling.jpg
image.jpg
evolution.jpg
There are 77 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 9 years ago

Just Curious what my Metallica LE #492/500 is worth, pretty much stock except for Mystery Hole Protector, and Plunge Lane Side Protector. also has the updated magnet board for hammer.
Game is HUO and has a few hundred plays on it.
Super nice condition, everything works great and looks mint.
Live in the pacific northwest, wa state.

#2 9 years ago

Analysis:

$6500ish- Those that don't own it and want the price to go lower.

$7100ish- Currnet owners wanting to keep the price up.

$6800ish- Probably the most realistic price, +/- a hundred or two based on local availability and options.

#3 9 years ago

I had one similar and the only way I seemed to be able to get rid of it without giving it away was to trade it. I got pretty fair trade value of close to 7k. But couldn't find anyone that wanted to pay that.

#4 9 years ago

Around 7k usd

Great game and only so many around

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

Analysis:
$6500ish- Those that don't own it and want the price to go lower.
$7100ish- Currnet owners wanting to keep the price up.
$6800ish- Probably the most realistic price, +/- a hundred or two based on local availability and options.

I think you're about right.

This week I considered an LE. But man it's like $1000+ more than a premium which is the same damn game & those seem to sell at $5500 or below in the real world. I'm prolly gonna go pro or premium on this title.

$1000 is a hefty ass fee for some Ho hum powder & in my opinion ho hum cabinet art.

Speaking of the cabinet... I'm not a preacher but I don't know if I want that LE cab art in my house. Keep in mind I'm a very very non religious person. I think we are aliens mixed with monkeys n shit so yeah beleive me when I say I'm not religious. But fuck, it's covered in graves that look like crosses...

I'd rather have a premium, the LE is just an expense rather than feature (to me).

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#7 9 years ago

75 cents per game

#8 9 years ago

That LE near me is so F'n tempting because it's here/now.

Odin why did you sell yours?

#9 9 years ago

I kind of felt like that monkey after I got caught up in the METLE hype and bought my first and only NIB pinball machine.

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Odin why did you sell yours?

Why did I sell it? It was the best thing since sliced bread when it first showed up. Made my GnR look antiquated. But after a while the music and sparky just started grating on me. I knew even an epic code update would never change that. Maybe I just outgrew them a long time ago. But after it left GnR got a facelift with invisiglass and leds. Now all is right with the world.

#11 9 years ago

For what it's worth I love my LE. And I'm not a real fan of the whole "LE" thing, but I like the cab art the best, and love the mirrored backglass, and it's a game I knew I was going to keep for at least a long time. Still easily one of my favorites in my collection, not tired of it at all.

I paid $7200 for mine, with a shaker motor. I didn't mind paying the extra, it was what I wanted (this was after the code was done). The Premium is "just as good", but if you want the Master of Puppets edition you want it.

I'm not looking to sell, not price pumping or anything, so take what I paid as just another data point. At the end of the day it's what the buyer is willing to pay that counts.

#12 9 years ago

Metallica is pretty much 5 Multiball modes + CIU's right?

What did these run NIB without the stupid factor? Meaning was this a $6500 game, $7000 game? What was legit non inflated inventory hoarding pricing?

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Metallica is pretty much 5 Multiball modes + CIU's right?
What did these run NIB without the stupid factor? Meaning was this a $6500 game, $7000 game? What was legit non inflated inventory hoarding pricing?

The Premium was about $6500 NIB. I dunno what people were paying for the LE. Figure in the $7kish range. I bought mine HUO.

The main modes are the 4 multiballs, the 4 crank it ups, seek and destroy, lady justice, fuel, the blackened band member mode, and the wizard mode. I personally find it a challenging game. For me it's a good balance between a longer game, like TSPP or LOTR, and a shorter "one more time" game like Tron or Iron Man. There are multiple ways to attack it if you're not playing in an obsessive tournament mindstate.

The Pro is good, but the Premium/LE is great. The extra features really take it over the top for me at least.

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The Premium was about $6500 NIB. I dunno what people were paying for the LE. Figure in the $7kish range. I bought mine HUO.
The main modes are the 4 multiballs, the 4 crank it ups, seek and destroy, lady justice, fuel, the blackened band member mode, and the wizard mode. I personally find it a challenging game. For me it's a good balance between a longer game, like TSPP or LOTR, and a shorter "one more time" game like Tron or Iron Man. There are multiple ways to attack it if you're not playing in an obsessive tournament mindstate.
The Pro is good, but the Premium/LE is great. The extra features really take it over the top for me at least.

I can see it now, I'll soon be trading my pro due to this
Maybe a Premium or LE will walk into my life soon.

#15 9 years ago

Grab a premium for $5500, learn anything about Stern at all yet?

#16 9 years ago

If they were $7K ish new with shipping why do people think they are worth $7K ish used without shipping?

What peckerheads voted $8500 when there's one for sale now with a list price of $6800 lol

Who wants to sell me a $3600 Pro

Ice I think $5500 is high for a premium based on recent events

Amazon has Pros for $4999. I have their credit card so I get 3% back plus I have a few hundie in rewards. Pretty sure I can get one delivered NIB for $4600 if I clicked the button tonight. Damn, decisions decisions

I'm a potentional buyer so I'm gonna skew shit my way on this topic lol

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Ice I think $5500 is high for a premium based on recent events

And even cheaper probably next month, you know the premium is the way to go. 5k

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

it's covered in graves that look like crosses.

So are our national cemeteries.

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Sure have, they like taking my money and I don't mind giving it to them

Better than spending it on hookers and blow......or is it lol

#20 9 years ago

Ill take a premium any day for 5-5500. In the market for one!

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Buy the LE because you want the LE, and don't mind spending a little extra for the bling. Better cab art (IMHO), bad ass mirrored backglass, and the armor isn't the black textured Pro style. I like the powdercoat just fine, but it's nothing special. But it's smooth and not black, and I like that better than the Premium using the Pro style armor.

If you don't care enough about that stuff then for sure, get a Premium, still a bad ass game that looks great. I feel like I got my money's worth personally, no regrets at all.

#22 9 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

If they were $7K ish new with shipping why do people think they are worth $7K ish used without shipping?

Well some people at least were paying high $7k, so they have come down. It's no BIBLE nonsense kind of thing. But they're simply worth more than the Premiums, and it's a great game with an actual in demand LE (unlike say, Star Trek).

But the market is slow. Things will settle where they will. I'm not selling any time soon, so it doesn't matter to me really.

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from forensicd:

Ill take a premium any day for 5-5500. In the market for one!

image.jpgimage.jpg

It eventually sold. He's a good dude, maybe he will tell you his final sales price.

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from CitznFish:

So are our national cemeteries.

I'm aware. Don't for a minute think Metallica didn't play along with the devil rocker stereotype 1980's stuff. MOP is about drug abuse & the crosses are referencing fallen soldiers right? Weird, because they designed it all to sound/look like natas rock lol

Maybe if I keep bitching about the game on my wishlist I will get it cheaper

This is actually a FS thread BTW. OP is clever!

#25 9 years ago

I'm with the majority on this one: $6800ish, if not heading a bit lower in this market.

#26 9 years ago

To me, MetLE is worth $6800, it's much harder to find than most LE's, the art is the best Stern has ever put out, and Lyman's code is the best since AC/DC. And as far as flow and shots, there's something about MET that just makes it a "satisfying" layout to me.

And I don't feel that Metallica was oversold like AC/DC, so it's much harder to find.

And when I look at the new offerings at Stern's asking prices, games like this look pretty damn good IMO.

I agree that the market is a little soft, but it's soft for everything, not just MET. Who knows where prices are going, but I think that if this goes down another $500, for example, other titles will lose value proportionately.

#27 9 years ago

It's worth less than it was when you got it. How much less depends on how much and how soon you want to sell it. It's a really nice looking version of a great game.

#28 9 years ago

On topic: agree with 6800 but as an owner you can market me down for 7300.

Less on topic:

Quoted from PW79:

Don't for a minute think Metallica didn't play along with the devil rocker stereotype 1980's stuff. MOP is about drug abuse & the crosses are referencing fallen soldiers right? Weird, because they designed it all to sound/look like natas rock

I can't really recall examples of this. Met stayed fairly serious with their topics and imagery to my recollection. Dark for sure, but not 'natas' style dark. Met had many anti war songs and I haven't ever thought about the graveyard art being black at all. Slayer? That'd be a different story.

#29 9 years ago

ONE MILLION DOLLARS!!!! Hwahahahaha!!! ....done in my best Dr. Evil voice!

#30 9 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

75 cents per game

that's kinda lowball in some parts. I think $1 per game is more like it in some areas.

#31 9 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

I can't really recall examples of this. Met stayed fairly serious with their topics and imagery to my recollection. Dark for sure, but not 'natas' style dark. Met had many anti war songs and I haven't ever thought about the graveyard art being black at all. Slayer? That'd be a different story.

Yep. Kill 'em All had some of your 80's rocker stereotypes, but RTL and even more MOP moved into more serious territory. Sparky is a rather ironic toy, as the original RTL song was rather against capital punishment. FTB is about suicide, not squashing snakes, but no one wants to think suicide while playing pinball....

As for the game, it's simply one of the best games Stern ever made, and the fact the Premiums either come in recycled Pro cabs (or the old-man grey cabs) made me wait for an LE. Much nicer BG and cab art, and the silver powder is a nice color to go with the reds... Premiums are sold out and may not be remade, so get one or the other soon

#32 9 years ago

I wouldn't sell your LE for under 7k. Had an offer of 8k for my chromed out LE and decided I liked the game too much to sell it. Others that are desperate to sell it will drop bellow 7k most likely but this as a total package is one of the better looking LEs and its a great game too.

If you need the cash ASAP price it at $6500-6700 and you'll probably sell it in a week. If you aren't desperate I'd put it around 7k and wait for the right deal to come along.

#33 9 years ago

Does Metallica have a real mirrored Backglass like BSM and XM or does it have the mirrored translight like TWD and ST? Makes a difference in value in my mind...

#34 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Does Metallica have a real mirrored Backglass like BSM and XM or does it have the mirrored translight like TWD and ST? Makes a difference in value in my mind...

Real backglass

#35 9 years ago

thanks for all the reply's people. I was just curious what it was worth and from what I have read on pinside, the 7k mark seems to be about the right amount maybe a little less if you need the money now.

I was not desperate to sell it just curious more then anything.

Sorry if i chose the wrong subforum to post this, since i was not looking to sell it.

Happy New Year Pinheads.

#36 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

And I don't feel that Metallica was oversold like AC/DC, so it's much harder to find.

It did not over sell for a very good reason.

#37 9 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

It did not over sell for a very good reason.

Because they wanted to protect the value?

#38 9 years ago

My premium with mods sold to a great guy for $5500. Difficult market when asking for cash, everyone wants to "trade" which is BS because everyone thinks their machine is worth more. Pins seem to be becoming less liquid. I would say a stock LE is worth $6700. Either way Metallica is an amazing pin, one of the best pins I hase ever owned. Borg and. Lymann knocked this one out of the park!!!! GLWS

#39 9 years ago

I think people wanting to trade rather than buy outright is more of an indication that people are running out of room than anything else. We will need another flood of new collectors with empty slots to get machines sold outright in mass again.

I have room for one more...after that it is trade only for me.

#40 9 years ago

Ill start this off stating that I will have a biased view as I still have a MetLE sitting in its box. But let me put it this way.

I buy alot of NIB games and my distributor gives mea great deal on games because of my volume. I generally buy an LE for myself if it is a theme that i like. This way, since i am a reseller, if its a Tron deal, i make some money, if not, im still fine because its a theme I like. Like AC/DC, i had a BibLE, held onto it, made the cash, and then bought a premium. This way i ended up with only 2.5k in my premium from the profit of BiBLE.

I planned on the same thing with MetLE, hold onto it, sell it and get a premium. Last week, I checked with my distributor, and the price for premiums has went up because of supply being low. Most places will cost you about 7k shipped for a NIB premium right now. So a HOU LE should easily be that price right now, and might even creep up some

Troy

#41 9 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

Because they wanted to protect the value?

I think Jim is trying to say it's not as good as AC/DC.

#42 9 years ago

I paid $6800 for mine nib shipped it's never leaving

#43 9 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

I think AC/DC is a better game, but I would consider MET to be a less acceptable theme (less commercial perhaps).

Either way, good game w/lower numbers means stronger price IMO.

#44 9 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

My joke fell flat, since there is NO WAY that is true.

#45 9 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

My joke fell flat, since there is NO WAY that is true.

the internet ruined your delivery. i'm sure it woulda killed in person.

#46 9 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

It isn't as good as Acdc but Metallica is still one hell of a great game.

#47 9 years ago

I play my MOPLE 10 times more than my AC/DC premium!

#48 9 years ago
Quoted from chrisjens2:

Im quite happy for you, thanks for the info.

#49 9 years ago

Hell yeaahh!

#50 9 years ago
Quoted from chrisjens2:

Probably because MET is 10 times better than ACDC. Truth.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 14.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.95
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 29.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 77 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-my-metallica-le-worth and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.