Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 60 days ago by lpnsocal
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 30 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_3643 (resized).JPG
IMG_3642 (resized).JPG
IMG_3641 (resized).JPG
IMG_3640 (resized).JPG
IMG_3639 (resized).JPG
IMG_3638 (resized).JPG
IMG_3637 (resized).JPG
IMG_3636 (resized).JPG
IMG_3635 (resized).JPG
IMG_3634 (resized).JPG
IMG_3633 (resized).JPG
IMG_3632 (resized).JPG
IMG_3631 (resized).JPG
IMG_3630 (resized).JPG
IMG_3629 (resized).JPG
IMG_3628 (resized).JPG

#1 61 days ago

This is a lovely Flash Gordon that I would like to get some input for pricing. The Back Glass is Autographed by the Flash Gordon dude. It has a re-stenciled cabinet (not done by me). New Hard top installed, all Cointaker LED's, ultimate MPU board with free play (old one works), LED driver board, new rubbers, superbands and allot of new parts. It shows very nice as can be seen in the pictures and works 100%.

IMG_3611 (resized).JPGIMG_3612 (resized).JPGIMG_3613 (resized).JPGIMG_3614 (resized).JPGIMG_3615 (resized).JPGIMG_3619 (resized).JPGIMG_3620 (resized).JPGIMG_3621 (resized).JPGIMG_3622 (resized).JPGIMG_3623 (resized).JPGIMG_3624 (resized).JPGIMG_3625 (resized).JPGIMG_3626 (resized).JPGIMG_3627 (resized).JPGIMG_3628 (resized).JPGIMG_3629 (resized).JPGIMG_3630 (resized).JPGIMG_3631 (resized).JPGIMG_3632 (resized).JPGIMG_3633 (resized).JPGIMG_3634 (resized).JPGIMG_3635 (resized).JPGIMG_3636 (resized).JPGIMG_3637 (resized).JPGIMG_3638 (resized).JPGIMG_3639 (resized).JPGIMG_3640 (resized).JPGIMG_3641 (resized).JPGIMG_3642 (resized).JPGIMG_3643 (resized).JPG
#2 61 days ago

Tough to say what the Hard Tops do for value. If you were to have 2 restored flash gordon's side-by-side; one with Hard Top and the other with Repro, I think the repro would be more valuable.

The stencil job looks ok, but they didn't fix the cabinet defects.

I would price it at 3k obo. I predict it sells about 2.5k

#3 61 days ago

I'm thinking $3000-ish. Looks really nice.

#4 61 days ago
Quoted from brenna98:

I would price it at 3k obo. I predict it sells about 2.5k

$2500?! If this goes up for that..@jkashani can just pm me now and I'll be there Sunday and put cash on the glass with no questions or drama.
It would probably be the easiest sale you've ever had!
That's a serious offer.
-Mike

#5 61 days ago

Thanks guys, keep it coming......

#6 61 days ago

Beautiful game! How does it play with the hardtop?

#7 61 days ago

It plays like it was just waxed to me. Fast, Furious and something else that starts with an F.

Quoted from Gritty:

Beautiful game! How does it play with the hardtop?

#8 61 days ago

Stencil job on the cabinet is ameatuer, at best. The hard top looks decent. The mechanics look original and not rebuilt/cleaned up.

Without the hardtop, this is probably 2000 (tops), since it’s got some new boards. With the hardtop 3k would be the limit. If someone offers you near that, take it.

#9 61 days ago

Just fishing not selling at the moment. Thanks

Quoted from djblouw:

Stencil job on the cabinet is ameatuer, at best. The hard top looks decent. The mechanics look original and not rebuilt/cleaned up.
Without the hardtop, this is probably 2000 (tops), since it’s got some new boards. With the hardtop 3k would be the limit. If someone offers you near that, take it.

#10 61 days ago

I'm thinking $2800. Would rather have nice original or CPR over hard top. Autograph depends on buyer's tastes.

#11 61 days ago

ok for the stupid people like me - what is a hard top - thanks ed

#12 61 days ago

#13 61 days ago
Quoted from edcianci:

ok for the stupid people like me - what is a hard top - thanks ed

An overlay made with a thin layer of PETG with the artwork reverse printed on it.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/search?s=1&what=topics&q=hardtop&topic-machine=&pinsider=&age_days=&subforum=0&sort_by=date&sort_order=DESC#results

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/search?s=1&what=topics&q=hardtops&topic-machine=&pinsider=&age_days=&subforum=0&sort_by=date&sort_order=DESC#results

http://www.pinballgifts.com/store/p75/Pinball_Playfield_Hardtop.html

It's a lot better and more durable than a decal overlay, but a lot cheaper than a completely new playfield. It's a good middle ground for titles that aren't worth enough to justify the cost of a brand new playfield, or just don't have a full repro playfield available.

#15 60 days ago

$2,500-$3,000.

The game just appears dirty with mediocre cabinet work.

A playfield and quality cabinet work would bump it up, but probably not worth doing it at this stage.

#16 60 days ago

I'm thinking more like $2000

#17 60 days ago

Always some in the group. Keep em coming.

#18 60 days ago

Cab is pretty meh/ not bad but nothing great.
Hardtop looks nice but I dont care for how they play and they personally are worth less to me than an original with some wear (as I know the art is 100% sanded off below it )

nothing else was cleaned up and even thing that would have been easy to fix when doing the hard top were left as is for some reason.

Reality is that even roached examples that are working will sell for 2000 easily so people saying that low are obviously ISO for themselves and beating it down.

2800 to a buyer for a quickish sale.
Price it at 3200 and see what comes.

It is a great game and the hartop makes the pig underneath pudry.
The boards are nice also as they will help add some value but connectors will still need to be done at some point.

#19 60 days ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Autograph depends on buyer's tastes.

Some of us hate seeing a nice backglass (or translite) with signatures and think it detracts from value.

#20 60 days ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Some of us hate seeing a nice backglass (or translite) with signatures and think it detracts from value.

I disagree
My Se Hobbit came with Jacks signature from the factory out of the box. he signed once on the back glass and once on back of head.
I thought that was pretty cool!

#21 60 days ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

I agree 100 percent and was being polite. Autographs have no value at all except to the person who received them as a memory and that has been replaced by selfies with the person.

#22 60 days ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Cab is pretty meh/ not bad but nothing great.
Hardtop looks nice but I dont care for how they play and they personally are worth less to me than an original with some wear (as I know the art is 100% sanded off below it )
nothing else was cleaned up and even thing that would have been easy to fix when doing the hard top were left as is for some reason.
Reality is that even roached examples that are working will sell for 2000 easily so people saying that low are obviously ISO for themselves and beating it down.
2800 to a buyer for a quickish sale.
Price it at 3200 and see what comes.
It is a great game and the hartop makes the pig underneath pudry.
The boards are nice also as they will help add some value but connectors will still need to be done at some point.

looks like OP took my advice

I see it posted on Fbook now. Be sure to pay the pinside fee when selling for my service

#23 60 days ago

Ya man, will do. I will put it up here is it does not sell on FB, or maybe keep it, who knows.

Quoted from Whysnow:

looks like OP took my advice
I see it posted on Fbook now. Be sure to pay the pinside fee when selling for my service

#24 60 days ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Ya man, will do. I will put it up here is it does not sell on FB, or maybe keep it, who knows.

If it sells elesewhere, you can just pay me the fee directly for my consulting services

#25 60 days ago
Quoted from jkashani:

I'm not getting the logic(?) of the OP. A not so uncommon "what's my pin worth?" is posted. Then a series of honest and mostly realistic helpful answers were responded with and an apparent "likely" value arrived at. OP takes the recently acquired value and posts elsewhere for sale( which is generally fine.) However, for the life of me, I don't get how you don't post at least concurrently on the site where you apparently just poached the all important value ?!?! How do you not give back to the site you just "took" from, thereby giving the largest population of serious hobbyists the opportunity to buy it first!?

I'm not getting it....,WTF!?

#26 60 days ago

Relax Kung fu panda. Will do in time. Thanks for your comments.

blockquote cite="#4949027">I'm not getting the logic(?) of the OP. A not so uncommon "what's my pin worth?" is posted. Then a series of honest and mostly realistic helpful answers were responded with and an apparent "likely" value arrived at. OP takes the recently acquired value and posts elsewhere for sale( which is generally fine.) However, for the life of me, I don't get how you don't post at least concurrently on the site where you apparently just poached the all important value ?!?! How do you not give back to the site you just "took" from, thereby giving the largest population of serious hobbyists the opportunity to buy it first!?

#27 60 days ago

Just donated $100 dollars to Pinside. Tried to do it in your name, but it would not go through. How is that for a poach?

THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT!
You are way cool. Your donation was received and the heart icon added.

We also sent you a receipt via PM, for your records.

Your donation was a "plus" donation and that means your account now has some extra features:

PM ATTACHMENTS
Attach images to your PM messages.

MARKETWATCH
Pinside MarketWatch daily and ASAP e-mails.

FORUM NOTIFICATIONS
Forum new post, quote and mention notifications (+ coming soon!)

Quoted from lpnsocal:

I'm not getting the logic(?) of the OP. A not so uncommon "what's my pin worth?" is posted. Then a series of honest and mostly realistic helpful answers were responded with and an apparent "likely" value arrived at. OP takes the recently acquired value and posts elsewhere for sale( which is generally fine.) However, for the life of me, I don't get how you don't post at least concurrently on the site where you apparently just poached the all important value ?!?! How do you not give back to the site you just "took" from, thereby giving the largest population of serious hobbyists the opportunity to buy it first!?

#28 60 days ago

Sorry for the confusion, I never mentioned any fee or $$ in my post. Though I do understand the continued cost of maintaining this site, and the responsibilities we have as users of it. My point had more to do with a reciprocal dynamic that is created amongst friends, family. club members, hobbyists etc., wherein there is some level of a "the circle of trust." For example: If I go to my leaque members for info on a game I want to sell, they all have dibs on it first, or maybe I just tell them of my intentions first. I'd like to think that if and when they have a pin that's gonna be sold I'm told. I know it doesn't always work like that, but the model generally has worked well....,for me. Apparently...., there are lots of models out there.

GLWTS.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 279.95
€ 3.95
Flipper Parts
Multigame
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 50.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 30.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 14.50
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 279.95
$ 21.00
$ 279.95
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 16.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside