• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-174.jpg

#1 10 years ago

Hey Everyone,
So I am trying to sell my Family Guy in another thread, but I wanted to see what you guys thought my machine is currently worth.

Here is the info from the other thread:

The Good:
- HSA Clearcoated NOS playfield installed
- All parts polished
- NOS plastic set installed
- 100% Tasteful LEDs installed
- Flipper Fidelity kit installed
- Real Knocker kit installed
- New DMD
- Tournament Button added to lockdown bar

The Bad:
- Small wear spots on the front of the cabinet where an operator had a lock bar on the machine.
- These are not holes, they are small scrapes where the graphic is worn off.

Pictures:
https://plus.google.com/photos/118086927006630671873/albums/5960284996422782385

Let me know what you think. Thank you,
--Scott

#2 10 years ago

It depends on whether or not Brian is still alive.

#3 10 years ago
Quoted from Pooman2084:

It depends on whether or not Brian is still alive.

Haha! It's a beautiful machine - no doubt.

I wouldn't pay more than $3,700 for it though.

#4 10 years ago

I have a bunch of games on my short list. TSPP, IM, SM, BDK & FG. I'm all honesty I would place FG down somewhere down near TSPP and BDK and not up near IM/SM. yours looks very nice and have some cool extras but IMO routed TRS, BBH, avatar, BDK, TSPP, shrek and FG are not worth prices worthy of LOTR, IM and SM regardless of how pimped out they are. is it rare? yes. worth north of 5k? no. GLWS.

#5 10 years ago

If you are getting crickets for your sale, you can thank Stern for clearing out the piggy banks. The market is finally coming back down to where it was a few years ago. That being said, a few years ago FG in this shape was around 3600-3700. You do have some nice extras for sure, and it looks like a nice machine.

#6 10 years ago

Last few FGs were selling for around 46 to 47 hundred. On here as of late.

#7 10 years ago

I'm going to probably agree with most. It's a $4k machine on the best day. I'd say yours has some pluses and minuses. New playfield is a plus, but the drilled front is a minute. Probably all nets out.

#8 10 years ago

Interesting stuff guys. Looks like it is not really worth what I thought. I will pull the price down to a more realistic number and see if I can move this thing. I appreciate the feedback.

Quoted from NJGecko:

I'm going to probably agree with most. It's a $4k machine on the best day. I'd say yours has some pluses and minuses. New playfield is a plus, but the drilled front is a minute. Probably all nets out.

Just to clarify, the front is not drilled, the graphic is just worn in 2 small spots.

Thanks,
--Scott

#9 10 years ago

I agree with Ralph

FGY was $3750 all day long.

Then some no talent ass clown started winning Grammy's. I mean then one sold on eBay for $4200. Then folks sold/listed higher...

There's been the same 1-2 listed on ebay over & over until they sold @ $5K. So since this is Pinside I think your $5500 price is on target lol. All joking aside I'm no expert but I'd list @ $4500 or take it to ebay.

Man that PF is beautiful & I think that's what complicates this sale price.

image-174.jpgimage-174.jpg
#10 10 years ago

Also, maybe take very high res well lit pics of the cabinet front before touching it up.

Then clean it up & carefully touch it up. Afterward just take a few more well lit high res pics.

Natural lighting is your friend

Mix the yellow to match by keeping track of the mixture & applying a drop to a small piece of plexi that you can lay over the cabinet to eventually blend to color match. Then when you've made the clone apply it to the cab slowly like a boss.

The black will be far simpler so long as the gloss/matte ratio is found via the same methods.

#11 10 years ago

Just like the longer you wait to buy a game the greater chance you have at finding a deal; The longer you wait for the right buyer, the more money you can get for the game.

Do some research about what they generally go for and figure out how long you want to sit on it before it sells.

#12 10 years ago

Picked up mine a few weeks ago....it was on ebay advertised as " cleanest one you'll find"....he had it for 7k....I offered him 5, and asked for more pics....ended up getting it for $5500.00, and it looks like it's barely ever been played (original goodie bags stapled shut inside.......fwiw....great game!!!...

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

If you are getting crickets for your sale, you can thank Stern for clearing out the piggy banks. The market is finally coming back down to where it was a few years ago. That being said, a few years ago FG in this shape was around 3600-3700. You do have some nice extras for sure, and it looks like a nice machine.

Let's also thank Jersey Jack Pinball as well. Maybe Planetary Pinball next.

#14 10 years ago

The clearcoated Playfield definitely adds some good value. I would say 4500-5k. People saying under 4k for your machine (with all the upgrades) are smokin the devils lettuce

#15 10 years ago

I appreciate all the feedback. I have reduced my asking price to $4800. Thank you,
--Scott

#16 10 years ago

Apparently only 17 came to aus direct and about six one way or half a dozen the next came in fresh of the boat via Italy. It's a pin in some what of a demand over here, perhaps post on the aus site as you'll be looking at 5.5k plus aus but then there's the hassle of getting it over.

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

I appreciate all the feedback. I have reduced my asking price to $4800. Thank you,
--Scott

I think that's more than fair......not a ton of these machines out there......sadly, even our hobby is not immune to the current economic BS....nothing to do with JJP, Stern, MMR, whatever........alot higher elements in play...still not easy out there, and won't be (sadly) for some time.

Sorry for the minor soapbox rant......GLWTS!!!!!.......mark

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

The clearcoated Playfield definitely adds some good value. I would say 4500-5k. People saying under 4k for your machine (with all the upgrades) are smokin the devils lettuce

But this is what you paid for mine (actually less)and it had no lockdown holes.... I say 4200 max but if you want to sell it fast 4 grand. 4500 with no cabinet issue. Basically your about a grand to high.

#19 10 years ago

It is all about how long you want to wait to sell...if you are not in a hurry you are priced right around $4800. If you need to move it quickly I think you need to be around $4200.

#20 10 years ago

It still is obo, so yes, I am willing to negotiate.
--Scott

#21 10 years ago

I'm looking at getting one for $4k. I felt like that was a good price because I really want the game. I believe the sub $4k quotes are from people who think the game is alright but don't really want one for themselves. I mean I like Theater of Magic but I wouldn't pay more than $3k for one. That doesn't mean they are only worth $3k. That's just Stack-Logic which means it doesn't make any sense.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-my-family-guy-worth and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.