You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

typo-1.jpg
yuuuup.jpeg
tron-ohnohedidnt-bb.jpg
tron-zino.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider alichino.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#87 10 years ago

1) WoZ
2) Star Trek
3) Tron

WoZ is a game where I feel like I have more to do the longer I play it. The biggest problem is you feel like you're in jail when you start the game. Once you start get a multiball or two, now the other multiballs are lit, rainbow is close, just three more rollover for ECMB, etc. It gets more fun the deeper into the game you play.

Star Trek just feels too easy in the same way as Transformers. I don't feel like there's any risk reward to the game. Hit these ramps, return to flipper, hit these next few ramps. It's really satisfying to build combos at the start and becomes less fun to play the longer the game goes on.

Tron has CV syndrome for me where it feels like it can be 'solved'. Once you know the exact sequence of events that will lead you to Sea of Simulation, you just do that over, and over, and over.

#89 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Did I just see the word Transformers and easy in the same sentence? TF is not easy at all. That game is a ball buster to the extreme. I think i've had a handful of games where I completed 3 robots, and that was the game of my life.

Yeah; TF is a difficult game, and one that I'd rank above ST. If you could time out robot modes and only needed, like, four shots to complete a robot, it would be easy. ST is like TF without depth in the modes, which makes it easy.

I was saying that getting control and hitting shots is easy in TF; it's that you have to hit 10 shots in 30 seconds that makes TF difficult, but ST doesn't force you to do that until you've already played for half an hour, and by that time I'm bored.

#93 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I look at a game being easy or difficult based on how easy it is to get to wizard mode.

Ahh... I usually play on location so evaluating difficulty for me is the percentage of time I can get a replay. Star Trek, I might have played a game once where I didn't get a replay the first time. After the score moves up three or four times, I have some difficulty, but, regardless of where I play, it's just not that hard to score well on. I usually find the same thing with TF; it's not that hard to get a replay.

#96 10 years ago

This is off topic, but out of LOTR, TF, and Shadow, which would you recommend for the price point? I've looked at buying all three, but I'm definitely looking for advice on which have the most lasting power.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider alichino.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-more-fun-tron-le-star-trek-le-woz-le?tu=alichino and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.