You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

typo-1.jpg
yuuuup.jpeg
tron-ohnohedidnt-bb.jpg
tron-zino.jpg
There are 147 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 10 years ago

Haven't played enough WOZ to comment. I feel like Star Trek has more to it than Tron. The modes aren't super unique maybe, but there is a lot to do. Once you start learning the combo system and strategy basics there's a lot going on.

Where Tron shines is the presentation. The music and sound and lights just work to be so immersive. My hope is the Karl Urban pack brings some of that to Star Trek.

#102 10 years ago

Star Trek LE and Tron LE are neck and neck but STLE takes the race by a hair. WOZ blew it's motor in the first corner, it's in the Pits for a complete overhaul. It shouldn't have been in the race to begin with. WOZ has no business in the comparison. Tron and ST are long term keepers and time will prove this comment true. The other is just a sleeper.

#103 10 years ago

Well, this thread once again proves what should already be obvious: pin preference varies widely. What I wish everyone understood is that this is a good thing. If too many of us all liked the same thing, that same thing is all we'd get. I am grateful for the variety, which is encouraged by the diversity amongst buyers. It's good for the manufacturers and good for the hobby.

#104 10 years ago
Quoted from pinballM:

ST LE !
TRON LE is incomplete program with John borg design. bored rapidly, same with Metallica..

tron-ohnohedidnt-bb.jpgtron-ohnohedidnt-bb.jpg

#105 10 years ago
Quoted from pinballM:

TRON LE is incomplete program with John borg design. bored rapidly, same with Metallica..

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. Now I know where to look for firewood during the next deep freeze.

#106 10 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

Much as I love WOZ, I do hope that this gets improved in some way (e.g., through the options menu) on a future code release. I like these mini games, but the NPLH is just too long as is (no longer mini, in other words). The increasingly difficult TOTO shot is great, on the other hand.

I want that mini game to stay difficult, that is the point. You lost your ball, now try and earn it back, if you can do it your a boss!

#107 10 years ago

As I said, I'd prefer it to be an option.

#109 10 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. Now I know where to look for firewood during the next deep freeze.

Be careful not to breathe in the formaldehyde when burning particle board. Safety first. Stand down wind when burning your Trons.

#110 10 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

As I said, I'd prefer it to be an option.

Fair enough.

#111 10 years ago

Tron Pro w/ 1k +mods...especially with Eli's Illumination kit...yes it's better then the LE sorry.
STLE Just about as perfect of a pin I've ever played.
Would put WOZ further down the list if I could. While a gorgeous pin I can't get over the repetitive nature of weeeeeere off to see the wizzzard.

#112 10 years ago

Haven't played ST & don't care to. So for now I'll say Tron,WOZ,a lot of other themes,then ST.

#113 10 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

I want that mini game to stay difficult, that is the point. You lost your ball, now try and earn it back, if you can do it your a boss!

I did it once - I swear it took 5 min or so ...then after I got my ball back it went straight down the middle within 10 seconds lol

#114 10 years ago
Quoted from Cybergoonie:

Tron Pro w/ 1k +mods...especially with Eli's Illumination kit...yes it's better then the LE sorry.

Sorry, it's not, sorry.

OK, I'm gonna go have fun with DAFT PUNK ramps, End of Line Multiball, moving Recognizer & drop targets, sorry sorry sorry.

#115 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I did it once - I swear it took 5 min or so ...then after I got my ball back it went straight down the middle within 10 seconds lol

Boss status.

#116 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Sorry, it's not, sorry.

Um yeah it is ok....This is my story....No interruptions! Sorry Infinity. Wait..you're right...the cool little toy that moves back and forth and the drop targets....it's so minimal..I almost forgot. Thanks for reminding me. Totally worth paying 5 grand more for those awesome additions.

#117 10 years ago
Quoted from Cybergoonie:

Totally worth paying 5 grand more for those awesome additions.

Unless I didn't Most of these modded Pros cost tons more than the LEs did.

Price is irrelevant. LE is better than a Pro. It's OK to enjoy the Pro and be cool with the reality of the situation. Back to End of Line Multiball! Wheeee!

#118 10 years ago

How come this isn't a pole...I like Poles (and Germans too)?

Robert

#119 10 years ago

Well, you have a "Fix it Felix jr.", so your choice must be Tron
because the caracters in both games are alive !!!

#120 10 years ago

I'll just answer this question this way.

Two years ago people were asking TRON vs ACDC

And then it was TRON VS MET

Now it's TRON vs ST

Find the common denominator in this equation and you have your answer

#121 10 years ago
Quoted from Capper96:

Now it's TRON vs ST

yuuuup.jpegyuuuup.jpeg

#122 10 years ago
Quoted from Capper96:

Now it's TRON vs ST

Well put. You are a man of logic.

#123 10 years ago
Quoted from Capper96:

Now it's TRON vs ST

Yup, and then i also saw.

LOTR vs Tron
LOTR vs AC/DC
LOTR vs TSPP
LOTR, vs MET
LOTR vs ST

Same goes for AC/DC

Everything is compared to LOTR as LOTR is still the elite flagship if Stern's arsenal.

#124 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Everything is compared to LOTR as LOTR is still the elite flagship of Pinball's arsenal.

Fixed that for you.

#125 10 years ago

1 WOZLE
2 STLE

#126 10 years ago

typo-1.jpgtypo-1.jpg

#127 10 years ago

+1- Played Tron a lot really liked it great soundtrack. Visually nice. Own STLE. WOW factor 10. WOZ was fun different had a good feel to it, and the detail was amazing. STLE for those three but not by much. Until the Power pack comes out.

#128 10 years ago

Tron LE owners are so sensitive and protective over their first borns. lol. Classic.

#129 10 years ago
Quoted from Cybergoonie:

TRON LE owners are so sensitive and protective over their first borns. lol. Classic.

Not really. Some Pro owners (like you) just really love telling LE owners that their game sucks. I'm glad you like your modded Pro. It's fun and cool. If I didn't have an LE already, I would totally get a modded Pro. That doesn't change the fact that it's just not an LE....so when you say "sorry it's better than the LE" ...you're just wrong.

#130 10 years ago

STLE and it's not close
Tron LE is overrated
WOZzzzzzz

#131 10 years ago

I will say Tron but ST is a very close 2nd

#132 10 years ago

Just for the record I don't think Tron sucks LE or pro, doesn't matter, they both play so similar it almost doesn't pay to even say they are different, unless your buying or selling. Gameplay wise, they are very very similar. Not a drastic change like TF or AC/DC is from the premiums to the pros. Drops or standups, changes it a little bit. but that's about the extent of it.

Tron doesn't suck, and if I have room for 30+ games, the wife might talk me into getting one someday. But if i'm talked into it, i'm getting a pro, because the little bit of stuff the LE has, isn't worth 6k to me at all. In fact, I don't think i'd even pay 2k over a pro for what it has. Yes it looks nice and everything, but that little arcade mod, is better than anything on there from the factory. LE or not. that arcade mod is one of the best mods i've ever seen and that would be the whole reason I would even consider getting one. (besides the fact that the wife loves Tron and would really want me to get one) But she also loves Star Trek, and i'd much rather have that game.

#133 10 years ago

ST and Tron, fun, fast games.

Have not played a woz in over a year, can't find one near me yet ............

#134 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Not really. Some Pro owners (like you) just really love telling LE owners that their game sucks. I'm glad you like your modded Pro. It's fun and cool. If I didn't have an LE already, I would totally get a modded Pro. That doesn't change the fact that it's just not an LE....so when you say "sorry it's better than the LE" ...you're just wrong.

I have a modded pro and have played an LE several times. I love my pro, but anyone who thinks the pro is better an an LE is delusional, or just trolling.

#135 10 years ago

#136 10 years ago

BAD KITTY!

Someone must have been whipped into buying that CSI right next to it.

#138 10 years ago

Who cares. Buy the best game ever instead of those. AC/DC premium or LE. You'll thank me later

#139 10 years ago

The difference between a Tron le and a Tron pro is cavernous. I honestly believe most Stern pros are better than there LE counterparts because of better flow. Tron is the exception. Tron LE is freakin awesome. STLE is not that great. WOZ is not that great as of now. Hopefully new code will change that. Three words....Daft Punk Multiball

#140 10 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

The difference between a TRON LE and a Tron pro is cavernous. I honestly believe most Stern pros are better than there LE counterparts because of better flow. Tron is the exception. TRON LE is freakin awesome. STLE is not that great. WOZ is not that great as of now. Hopefully new code will change that. Three words....Daft Punk Multiball

You left 3 words out of your post (in my opinion)

Some people love Tron some don't, I have owned Tron, WOZLE and STLE... STLE is still here the others are gone.
All that means is that I like STLE better than the other 2 games (my opinion)
Play what you like... only you can decide what's more fun.

#141 10 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

You left 3 words out of your post (in my opinion)
Some people love Tron some don't, I have owned Tron, WOZLE and STLE... STLE is still here the others are gone.
All that means is that I like STLE better than the other 2 games (my opinion)
Play what you like... only you can decide what's more fun.

"In my opinion" should have been inferred by all who click on this thread. It was certainly implied on my part. In what scenario would anyone responding to a topic that starts "what's more fun......" Be required to qualify their remarks with IMO? Sorry for the confusion.
Playing what you like is a cookie cutter response that has been said a million times in the past and will be said a million times in the future. The op is asking for peoples opinion, not advice.......in my opinion.

#142 10 years ago

I am going to take the tried and tested "Pinside" scienterrific approach to rating these games IMHO style without having played any of them, which doesn't seem to stop a lot of ratings anyway, and even qualify my reasoning in parentheses.

1. WOZLE (because I know someone who owns one)
2. Tron LE (because I have emailed someone who owns two, LE & Pro)
3. STLE (because I know of someone who owns one in NZ)

Edit: played a wozle last night for a few hours, awesome game, looks great and loads to do but rules need to be studied to make the most of the game IMHO.

#143 10 years ago

St,WOZ,Tron,what ever it is,AC/DC is better. If you buy one other than AC/DC you'l(never get )thunder struck. Can't explain it,but it is what it is.

#144 10 years ago

STLE love this game. Great sounds and special effects.
WOZLE so much to do here and a lot of fun.
TRONLE it's ok for a game or two but then get's boring

#145 10 years ago

I own all three (well I have a Tron Pro) and honestly the three rotate as my favorite on any given day.

Three weeks ago:
1. Tron
2. STLE
3. WOZLE

Two weeks ago:
1. STLE
2. WOZLE
3. Tron

This week:
1. WOZLE (except I've had to disable a damn board)
2. STLE
3. Tron

The games are very different. When I'm in the mood for speed / flow, I enjoy STLE or Tron. I love both games for different reasons. When I'm in the mood of more stop-and-go strategy with more depth, WOZLE is the superior choice for me. I'm still in that phase of learning the ins and outs of WOZ and perhaps that's fueling the fun at the moment, but it really is an immersive experience and it's fun to discover new modes accompanied by awesome light shows. ...and with WOZ 2.0 around the corner, I have a feeling this one will be in the lineup for a while.

#146 10 years ago
Quoted from Borygard:

This is funny...
Q-For those that have *played all three*, how do you rate them.
A-Well, I've never played X or Y, but I rate them Z>Y>X.
Really?!!
I've played all three quite a lot at this point. I rate them...
1-WOZ
2-STLE
3-TRON
--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
borygard at gmail dot com

Welcome to how games like MB are rated so high. You can get to MOR in 5 minutes, and be already too bored to do it all again, yet this jets this machine to the pinside #3?

If there were qualifications for refining the data here, such as what I have long asked for in the ability to only search for reviews by those that have or do own, you would have a much different view of where games actually ranked, and more accurate.

#147 10 years ago

Tron LE is one of my all-time favorite games. Clear winner in this poll.

Star Trek LE is a respectable second place. Tons of fun so far. I need more time on it. First impression: awesome.

That other game doesn't even belong in the conversation.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 24.50
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

13,000 (OBO)
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
13,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
There are 147 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-more-fun-tron-le-star-trek-le-woz-le/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.