You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

typo-1.jpg
yuuuup.jpeg
tron-ohnohedidnt-bb.jpg
tron-zino.jpg
There are 147 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 10 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

I'll say this, after spending the day surrounded by pins, I had a lot of fun. But no way should a pin ever cost anywhere near 10K. That's just insane, these things are toys.

Weren't you looking for a TRON LE like two weeks ago?

#53 10 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Weren't you looking for a TRON LE like two weeks ago?

I was! And was even considering 10K...but after having tons of fun at $12/hour at Modern Pinball, hard to justify paying so much to OWN one when so many great pins are close by and cheap to play.

#54 10 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

I was! And was even considering 10K...but after having tons of fun at $12/hour at Modern Pinball, hard to justify paying so much to OWN one when so many great pins are close by and cheap to play.

So, what about someone that doesn't have good, cheap pins near them to play? Is it ok with you if they pay the going rate for a particular pin?

#55 10 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

TRON LE is my favorite game of all time. But I am loving Star Trek LE.
1. TRON
2. ST
3. WOZ

This is my vote

Tron is my favorite game, I think TZ is the best game ever but Tron is my favorite of all to play

AcDc premium somewhere in below Tron but close

#56 10 years ago

STLE
TRON LE(very close)
WOZ (only played proto)

#57 10 years ago

Double post

#58 10 years ago

Stle.
Tron LE.
Then woz tho I haven't played. But it's obvious as the third due to being a stop start player.

Fast flow is fun fun fun.

#59 10 years ago

I've never played pinball, but I've talked to people who have, and I like Star Trek, but I love Tron, I'm also not a fan of lions, especially cowardly ones, so, in my educated opinion, I'll have to say, I like pie.

#60 10 years ago

STLE
WOZ
Tron

#61 10 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I think TZ is the best game ever

+1

#62 10 years ago

I just can't get into TRON. I know how much you praise it around here, but the one I have on location (and practically the ONLY one near my area) has a bit of slant that makes it unplayable. The initial skill shot is unusually floaty and the only mode I can really start is Zuse Fast Scoring. The left ramp is nearly impossible to hit as well. It's a real shame because the theme of the machine is great, one of Stern's best feats in that aspect.

Star Trek LE is my current favorite. In my opinion it feels like a combination of SM, AC/DC, and even a bit of RG. All of those are some of my favorite games by Steve Ritchie, and STLE seems to encompass the spirit of them. The lack of toys doesn't matter, because I judge games based on how they play - not on their gimmicks.

Wizard of Oz... tough say. I know that the theme is supposed to appeal people to get back into pinball, but it doesn't feel like it. It feels a bit like a Pinball FX2 table turned into a real one, and while I love that game, this isn't my style. Yet at the same time, I praise Keith for his huge direction towards making the game a LOTR and TSPP - styled epic. Both Battle the Wicked Witch and Somewhere over the Rainbow both require a lot of dedication towards the game to work.

So overall? My rankings would be:

Star Trek LE
Wizard of Oz
TRON: Legacy LE

#63 10 years ago

1 STLE
2 Tron
woz not even on this list

Owned all 3 - still own stle and tron

#64 10 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

The pin feels modern and so, so well built. Game did crash on me right after I was prompted to Save Toto and failed. The left flipper froze in the up position, with the ball on the flipper, and Time Out frozen on the LCD...

I'll say this, after spending the day surrounded by pins, I had a lot of fun. But no way should a pin ever cost anywhere near 10K. That's just insane, these things are toys.

I hear a lot of people say how well built Woz is, but at the same time I hear they are always broken down. ?

Also by your opinion it's insane to spend more than $40,000 for a car or more than $100 for a watch etc..

No one is forcing you to spend $10000 for a game, there are lots of games for sale for less, by your reasoning Porsche or Lamborgini or Ferrari would not exist.

Rolex would not exist either, buy whatever you want the market will decide what these machines are worth.

A lot of people paid $6500 for Woz not $10000 if people pay $10000 for Tron LE they're crazy when the pro is half the cost but supply and demand if a few people pay $10000 for Tron LE does that mean everyone will? Or just a few people?

#66 10 years ago

1) Tron LE
2) STLE
3) WOZLE

I think for me I just prefer the rush and excitement that come from games like Tron and ST. WOZ is beautiful and fun but just doesn't get me sweating like the better Stern games.

#67 10 years ago

STLE best pinball game to date

Tron LE I owned the pro w/shaker and while good never understood all the praise, good not great

WOZ should not even be mentioned, gameplay isn't that bad but the worst theme ever.

#68 10 years ago

Not even a close discussion

1. WOZECLE
then a fair drop to
2. STLE
then a much bigger drop to
3. Tron LE

#69 10 years ago

WOZLE
Tron LE
never played the STLE but the pro ST is not for me

#70 10 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

WOZ should not even be mentioned, gameplay isn't that bad but the worst theme ever.

Hate the theme! But agree with many others on this thread that it is a slower, shot based game similar to a TZ type. Hard to compare with the other 2. I love all 3 and wish I could own one to put some serious time on them.

#71 10 years ago

I would say:

1. TRON LE
2. WOZ LE
3. ST LE

#72 10 years ago

ST & Tron are VERY close on this.....maybe a light edge to ST.

WOZ is definitely third any way you slice it.

#73 10 years ago

Depending on the day and mood, but generally WOZ >= STLE >>> TronLE

#74 10 years ago

Seems to me that when the dust is settled and clears, ST is #1. Not too far behind is Tron and not too far behind that is WOZ. And from all I've gathered from everyone who has commented so far is, depending on your mood or style you like to play, (fast paced game or a slower TZ type game play) you can't go wrong no matter which one you choose. I think that's just great and really speaks to the quality and high level of design put into these machines. Hopefully they keep producing better and better games going forward, while finishing up the codes for the ones already out there.

Pinball is alive and well!

#75 10 years ago

No scientific proof until there's a poll.
-mof

#76 10 years ago

1. Tron LE
2. STLE
3. WOZLE

STLE could creep up on Tron - it's a really fun game. Tron's code is a lot simpler but incredibly engaging and just FEEEELS wonderful. ST's mode setup is really cool though (3-in-a-row style & 3 unique episodes per mode), which keeps it fresh each time you play depending on how you choose to attack the progression of the modes. Sorry, I don't think WOZ is that fun.

#77 10 years ago

I got both STLE and WOZLE. If i had to pick one its WOZLE.

They are very diffrent games. WOZLE is more like a "story" and STLE is "shoot same shot for every mode".

#78 10 years ago

I have owned all 3 and TronLE is the one that left the collection. Have no intention to even get a Pro back.

#79 10 years ago

I haven't played all three but I have played Tron and Star Trek. I still prefer Tron for my personal tastes over Star Trek.

#80 10 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

For those who have played all 3, from a pure fun factor, which one takes the cake?

LOTR

#81 10 years ago

1. WOZ LE
2. TRON LE
Haven't played ST yet...

#82 10 years ago

ST LE !

TRON LE is incomplete program with John borg design. bored rapidly, same with metallica..

#83 10 years ago

I've owned all 3. Tron is gone, don’t miss it too much. I like both ST LE and WOZ. They are completely different, so it’s hard to compare them. I think WOZ has more depth while ST is more of an adrenaline rush – just fast and fun. I’m glad I have both.

#84 10 years ago
Quoted from pinballM:

TRON LE is incomplete program with John borg design. bored rapidly, same with Metallica..

Huh??

#85 10 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

I got to play a little bit of WOZECLE and STLE today. Both radically different games. The pins were right next to each other at Modern Pinball in NYC. WOZ's light show and wide play-field are gorgeous. The pin feels modern and so, so well built. Game did crash on me right after I was prompted to Save Toto and failed. The left flipper froze in the up position, with the ball on the flipper, and Time Out frozen on the LCD...But they owners reset it and all was good.
STLE played much much faster than WOZ. Game had more of a seamless flow to it and the fast paced nature was a lot of fun. But next to WOZ, the ST board seems naked and overly simple. It's hard. WOZ's bells and whistles really make it fun to stand over and play, but I can see why people prefer the faster paced ST game.

Be very careful on this...unless it's changed in the last few weeks, Modern only had a ST Pro..not a Premium or an LE, so you are not comparing apples to apples here. Yes, the WOZ is an LE, but the ST is a Pro, as is the Metallica.

#86 10 years ago

1.STLE
2.TRON LE

999.WOZ

#87 10 years ago

1) WoZ
2) Star Trek
3) Tron

WoZ is a game where I feel like I have more to do the longer I play it. The biggest problem is you feel like you're in jail when you start the game. Once you start get a multiball or two, now the other multiballs are lit, rainbow is close, just three more rollover for ECMB, etc. It gets more fun the deeper into the game you play.

Star Trek just feels too easy in the same way as Transformers. I don't feel like there's any risk reward to the game. Hit these ramps, return to flipper, hit these next few ramps. It's really satisfying to build combos at the start and becomes less fun to play the longer the game goes on.

Tron has CV syndrome for me where it feels like it can be 'solved'. Once you know the exact sequence of events that will lead you to Sea of Simulation, you just do that over, and over, and over.

#88 10 years ago

Did I just see the word Transformers and easy in the same sentence? TF is not easy at all. That game is a ball buster to the extreme. I think i've had a handful of games where I completed 3 robots, and that was the game of my life.

#89 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Did I just see the word Transformers and easy in the same sentence? TF is not easy at all. That game is a ball buster to the extreme. I think i've had a handful of games where I completed 3 robots, and that was the game of my life.

Yeah; TF is a difficult game, and one that I'd rank above ST. If you could time out robot modes and only needed, like, four shots to complete a robot, it would be easy. ST is like TF without depth in the modes, which makes it easy.

I was saying that getting control and hitting shots is easy in TF; it's that you have to hit 10 shots in 30 seconds that makes TF difficult, but ST doesn't force you to do that until you've already played for half an hour, and by that time I'm bored.

#90 10 years ago

1. STLE
2. WOZ
3. Tron

#91 10 years ago

Star Trek LE for me

#92 10 years ago

I look at a game being easy or difficult based on how easy it is to get to wizard mode.

#93 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I look at a game being easy or difficult based on how easy it is to get to wizard mode.

Ahh... I usually play on location so evaluating difficulty for me is the percentage of time I can get a replay. Star Trek, I might have played a game once where I didn't get a replay the first time. After the score moves up three or four times, I have some difficulty, but, regardless of where I play, it's just not that hard to score well on. I usually find the same thing with TF; it's not that hard to get a replay.

#94 10 years ago

LOTR , TF and AC/DC are some of the hardest games I own. Shadow is up there as well but i've seen the ending of shadow a couple of times over the years. Never seen the ending of the other 3.

#95 10 years ago

1) STLE
2) TRON
3) WOZLE

Fast and fun vs chopping wood. While I really enjoy the Toto ball save, the No Place Like Home ball save absolutely kills the tempo (and yes, I've completed the save... It's just cumbersome).

#96 10 years ago

This is off topic, but out of LOTR, TF, and Shadow, which would you recommend for the price point? I've looked at buying all three, but I'm definitely looking for advice on which have the most lasting power.

#97 10 years ago
Quoted from alichino:

This is off topic, but out of LOTR, TF, and Shadow, which would you recommend for the price point? I've looked at buying all three, but I'm definitely looking for advice on which have the most lasting power.

Shadow would be about half the price of the other two....and it's a great game - amazing bang for the buck. LOTR has the best quest/deepest rules and could last forever and you'd stlll never see it all. TF is incredibly mediocre compared to those two classics.

#98 10 years ago
Quoted from MrDo:

the No Place Like Home ball save absolutely kills the tempo

Much as I love WOZ, I do hope that this gets improved in some way (e.g., through the options menu) on a future code release. I like these mini games, but the NPLH is just too long as is (no longer mini, in other words). The increasingly difficult TOTO shot is great, on the other hand.

#99 10 years ago

1. WOZ
2. TRON
3. STLE

Its hard to gauge the WOZ and the STLE because they have incomplete code, but I'm liking the WOZ more and more with every update. It is a super tough game with just an infinite amount of stuff to do. It just doesn't play as fast as the other two, but it when finished I think it'll be the deepest pin ever produced.

TRON gets better every time I play it as well, and I really like the flow.

I just didn't think there was enough going on with STLE. It just seemed to be all about modes, but here again, I don't know where it is with regards to code. Don't get me wrong it has great flow and it's fun, but I just think there's more to do in the other games.

#100 10 years ago

I'm afraid to even read the differing opinions on this one....

For me, if it had to be these 3:
TRON LE 1
STLE 2
WOZ 3...but there are many others I prefer - I'm not a fan at all.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 5.00
$ 91.00
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lee's Summit, MO
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 147 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-more-fun-tron-le-star-trek-le-woz-le/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.