New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 76427)

What's missing from this Elvira and the PM?

By BadBrad97

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 36 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Bohdi
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 7 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Elvira and The Party Monsters Pinball Playfield Plastic New Clears.jpg
Elvira.jpg
IMG_20140112_231408_053.jpg
IMG_20140111_221143_773.jpg
IMG_20140114_245535_576.jpg
el.jpg
Elvira.png

#1 6 years ago

I have just started digging into cleaning up the Elvira I just bought and I noticed that it looks like something is missing from the back wall over the "barbecue hole". I am wondering if the bracket behind the hole is wrong or something. Sometimes the ball goes straight through the hole on a hard plunge.

Thanks!!
Elvira.png

#2 6 years ago

Ball gate...

#3 6 years ago

Yep. Here's a picel.jpg

#4 6 years ago

Yeah. That troublesome ball gate. The ball often gets stuck there on the kick out so I'm sure that's how the previous owner decided to deal with the problem.

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from Barron:

Yeah. That troublesome ball gate. The ball often gets stuck there on the kick out so I'm sure that's how the previous owner decided to deal with the problem.

Yeah, but then we the ball is put into play it ends up in kickout hole. I would of kept it if that was the case

#6 6 years ago

True. Some people would rather not spend the time trying to get it just right, I guess. This isn't the first EATPM I've seen with that gate missing.

#7 6 years ago

Now I guess I need to track one down. Any suggestions? I will see if one from another machine will work.... At least now I know what it looks like.

Thanks

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from BadBrad97:

Now I guess I need to track one down. Any suggestions? I will see if one from another machine will work.... At least now I know what it looks like.
Thanks

Marco should have them I believe.

#9 6 years ago

Yeah. Marco has something similar that will work with some modifications I think.

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from BadBrad97:

Yeah. Marco has something similar that will work with some modifications I think.

I just looked there too. I see couple that should work. Good Luck

#11 6 years ago

Marco does have the part. A13101-1.
http://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=a-13101

Marcos has the picture of it with the flap holes to the left (wrong) and Bay Area has the same part number with the flap holes pictured on the right (correct).

I think either way, I can make it work now that I know what it is supposed to look like.

Thanks again guys

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from BadBrad97:

Marco does have the part. A13101-1.
http://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=a-13101
Marcos has the picture of it with the flap holes to the left (wrong) and Bay Area has the same part number with the flap holes pictured on the right (correct).
I think either way, I can make it work now that I know what it is supposed to look like.
Thanks again guys

Glad you found it. Enjoy your EATPM. Great game!

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Here's a pic

lol that poor red plastic. We'll always know that was my game just from that thing.

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

lol that poor red plastic.

Sorry to use that pic Aurich, it was the only one I think of off the top my head.
Yours is all good now.

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

lol that poor red plastic. We'll always know that was my game just from that thing.

Look at my crappy white plastic!! Clear plastic painted with white latex house paint it looks like!

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from BadBrad97:

Look at my crappy white plastic!! Clear plastic painted with white latex house paint it looks like!

I THINK I have an extra one of those...

#17 6 years ago

Thanks Bohdi. That was nice, but I was able to get the last complete plastic set that Marco had.

What I really need is the BAT insert art. I could make some waterslides and mylar over them.

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from BadBrad97:

Thanks Bohdi. That was nice, but I was able to get the last complete plastic set that Marco had.
What I really need is the BAT insert art. I could make some waterslides and mylar over them.

That set has the nice topper for it also, looks nice. Nobody has the BAT insert decals that I know of, so your idea may have to do or try airbrushing.

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from BadBrad97:

PM your email address, I've got your back.

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

PM your email address, I've got your back.

Sent!! Thanks!!!

#21 6 years ago

Got my ball gate and got the area cleaned up. Thanks for the help guys!

The part that Marco had (A13101-1) has the flap on the left side, which wasn't correct but I was able to get it to work.

IMG_20140114_245535_576.jpg

#22 6 years ago

Yeah and the previous owner used scotch tape to hold the mylar down and there was so much scotch tape that the ball would get stuck. That had to go too.
IMG_20140111_221143_773.jpg
IMG_20140112_231408_053.jpg

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from BadBrad97:

Got my ball gate and got the area cleaned up. Thanks for the help guys!
The part that Marco had (A13101-1) has the flap on the left side, which wasn't correct but I was able to get it to work.

IMG_20140114_245535_576.jpg 493 KB

Looks much better! Nice job

#24 6 years ago

I know this is going to sound like a silly question, but I'm partially shopping my EATPM (mostly to fix my gate issue as well). What is the best way to remove the ramp that goes behind the playfield?

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I know this is going to sound like a silly question, but I'm partially shopping my EATPM (mostly to fix my gate issue as well). What is the best way to remove the ramp that goes behind the playfield?

You have to take the playfield out to do it properly. That ramp is fastened in the back behind the back wall, you need to remove the bolts and it will come out easily on each side in two pieces.

#26 6 years ago

I put a big fluffy comforter over the front of the cabinet draped over the coin door and lift the playfield out of the hinges and carefully slide it forward so the back of the playfield is still sitting on the hinges and the front of the playfield is gently sitting on the comforter. This is not the best way to do it because parts on the underside of the playfield are sitting on the comforter. The "best way" is to remove the playfield from the cabinet. That being said....

I have done this about a hundred times over the years and I have never broken anything on the bottom of the playfield. I guess I have been lucky.

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from BadBrad97:

I put a big fluffy comforter over the front of the cabinet draped over the coin door and lift the playfield out of the hinges and carefully slide it forward so the back of the playfield is still sitting on the hinges and the front of the playfield is gently sitting on the comforter. This is not the best way to do it because parts on the underside of the playfield are sitting on the comforter. The "best way" is to remove the playfield from the cabinet. That being said....
I have done this about a hundred times over the years and I have never broken anything on the bottom of the playfield. I guess I have been lucky.

That works. Good idea. I just used a small piece of wood to prop it up above the lockdown area while the playfield was pulled out just enough to access the ramps rather than pull the entire PF out.

1 week later
#28 6 years ago

Hey. What is this bracket for on "this machine"?

Mine doesn't have it and it seems like it would block the ball when it is ejected during multiball....
Elvira.jpg

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from BadBrad97:

Hey. What is this bracket for on "this machine"?

Beats me, I sure don't have it. Doesn't look factory to me!

#30 6 years ago

I don't have it on mine either. Sure isn't factory. Has no right being there. Once the ball comes down through the "B" inlane I think it will be sitting there awhile. That's strange.

#31 6 years ago

You know, that looks kind of like the bracket that goes between the plasma displays in the back box. Maybe someone forgot where to put it and made something up? I know I don't use it anymore after switching to LED displays and it took me a minute to remember what it was.

#32 6 years ago

Ok. I feel better. The only thing I can think of now is that the ramp is cracking and he used it to support the ramp. But there is a support right next to it already. Oh well. The guy is missing his organ too. (Elvira humor )

Speaking of that. My new plastic set is different there at the organ guy. My old set had a bend and was mounted from the bottom and my new set has the holes in the front.

I guess I need to make some spacers and connect the two together somehow.

How are yours connected?

#33 6 years ago
Quoted from BadBrad97:

Ok. I feel better. The only thing I can think of now is that the ramp is cracking and he used it to support the ramp. But there is a support right next to it already. Oh well. The guy is missing his organ too. (Elvira humor )
Speaking of that. My new plastic set is different there at the organ guy. My old set had a bend and was mounted from the bottom and my new set has the holes in the front.
I guess I need to make some spacers and connect the two together somehow.
How are yours connected?

I used 2 small L brackets and some small screws, bolts and washers.

1 week later
#34 6 years ago

More help please. Where do these 2 pieces of clear plastic go? I have seen the triangle one in the upper left hand corner, turned 2 different ways in pictures. I have no idea where the other one goes, it was missing from my machine.

Elvira and The Party Monsters Pinball Playfield Plastic New Clears.jpg

#35 6 years ago

I want to say the big one is for the upper left, the small one for the upper right. That's from memory though I could be wrong.

#36 6 years ago

I believe that one goes under the Monster Slide Ramp and Habitrail on the very upper left corner.. Behind the skull lock way back. You basically never see it. It's covered by the ramp and habitrail.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
£ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 49.99
$ 104.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside