Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by Pinballrocks
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

godzilla2 (resized).jpg

#1 3 months ago

Im thinking of taking a Godzilla in on a trade and looking for a good value on it. NOT home use. could use a shop job but its in good working condition Ive only got 1 pic so far. Any advice on what the trade value might be would be appreciated.

godzilla2 (resized).jpg
#2 3 months ago

$2600-$2800, maybe a bit more given the nutty prices on DMD games lately.

That's also as long as the cabinet is in good shape, the mpu doesn't have battery damage, the ramps aren't broken, and wear is minimal.

#3 3 months ago

good luck getting parts for that thing.

#4 3 months ago

In typical fashion, take what forceflow says and add 500-800

He knows his stuff but is always quoting what he wants to buy for, not what they sell for.

3k as it sits is an easy sell. 3500 is more likely.

Rare, fun, dmd, with a great theme. Last shopped and nice one i saw sold for 4000 no time flat.

#5 3 months ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

good luck getting parts for that thing.

Not every game needs game specific parts.

Few do, really.

#6 3 months ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

In typical fashion, take what forceflow says and add 500-800
He knows his stuff but is always quoting what he wants to buy for, not what they sell for.
3k as it sits is an easy sell. 3500 is more likely.
Rare, fun, dmd, with a great theme. Last shopped and nice one i saw sold for 4000 no time flat.

I probably wouldn't be in a rush to buy an unshopped one for $2600-$2800. Something in the low 2's would be closer to my buy price, then I'd probably drop about $400-$800 into it on repairs and new parts, and maybe price it at $3k, and then end up sitting on it for 2 months at that price.

I base my estimates on what games seem to typically sell for in the northeast, what I can *actually* sell games for without them sitting too long, and what they go for at some of the northeast shows.

I don't pay attention to the one-off hyper-inflated prices some people seem to want to pay on facebook and ebay--they aren't the norm. (for example, that recent $4700 BSD )

If you can get $4k for a typical routed Godzilla, take it and run. However, for a HUO example in pristine condition, yeah, I could see one going for $4k.

#7 3 months ago

I paid 2750 for mine back in 2015. Just a data point. They hardly ever come up for sale, so if you are looking, you have to get it quick.

#8 3 months ago

Sold mine for 2700 late 2016.

#9 3 months ago

I paid $2200 for mine back in 2014. It had no CPU.
HUO, and better yet, it had been sitting broken (SUPER-botched CPU repair) since ~2004.

I would put the market value of this particular machine at $4000, but I wouldn't sell it for that. It's my third Godzilla. I traded up twice to finally get one in this condition, so it stays forever unless the rent isn't paid.

Terry.

#10 3 months ago

Godzilla!

$2500-$3200 Routed
$3200-$4000 HUO

#11 3 months ago

I question some of this. They do not come up often, but we need to see pics. Those cabinets plank and it may be missing a fair bit of art. It needs a shop, it may have issues. DMD might be bad.

Assuming it just needs a cleaning do keep in mind this is the slowest time of year for selling. So, the notion of paying 3k, dropping money into it and time to shop it, may not net you anything unless you sit on it till summer.

#12 3 months ago

I sent you a PM. I just bought one in the last 30 days.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 209.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Boards
PinSound
$ 295.00
Lighting - Interactive
...redshiftLED
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 94.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside