6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by swampfire
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 years ago

I have 2 pinball machines that are very basic. Eight ball and Big shot. I have not played many newer games. What do the new games do to make them fun and exciting? Are most of them multi ball? When people say they go to different levels, is that a scoring level that is now available. What tricks do the newer machines offer to make them different? Is there a machine that makes you go wow! How did they do that!

#2 6 years ago

It's just preference. Newer games have missions or "modes" to play through and are much more in depth than the classics. They usually have multiple multiballs and offer different ways to achieve a high score. If you like, ramps, loops, speed, "code" then you will enjoy newer games. If you enjoy the innate simplicity of the silver ball, I.e. limited ruleset that is easy to explain, but difficult to achieve, then stick with the classics. I prefer early solid state pins myself but appreciate all eras. Pinball is a great game and there are many ways to enjoy it. Newer games just have more going on, but it's all pinball, baby!

#3 6 years ago

Variety is the spice of life. If you’re married this is one area where you can mix things up without getting into trouble. So why not?Having said that I have lots of respect for collections that focus on one era. I just couldn’t do it myself. Not yet, maybe when I’m 75.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-it-all-about and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.