(Topic ID: 52820)

What's going on with WOZ as per gameplay and rules?

By Atomicboy

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Hitch9
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 7 years ago

I have a unique situation where I can get out of mine if it's looking not so good. This isn't a hate thread or anything like that, I just can't seem to find any solid reviews on gameplay and rules to date. I know of Alex's vid, but has there been anything posted on serious reviews or critiquing of the gameplay?

I want it to rock, and to buy one, but I signed up for this unique situation with a deposit because if it didn't pan out, I could get out. Mine should be coming in a month, so just trying to do my homework to make an informed decision.

#2 7 years ago

U waiting this long to bail? Get the game, if you don't like it when ur done someone will most likely give you what you paid if u preordered at $6500 and most likely more

#3 7 years ago

Right now it plays and it plays pretty well. I would guess the code is nowhere near complete. Your not going to find a great review until code is further along. I am having a blast with it even so.

#4 7 years ago
    Quoted from lllvjr:

U waiting this long to bail? Get the game, if you don't like it when ur done someone will most likely give you what you paid if u preordered at $6500 and most likely more

No, I waited this long to see what the reviews would be, and bail if it was not good, and buy if it was. I don't want to bail, but don't want to pay for it, since I don't have to, if it doesn't turn out to be a good thing. Not an unreasonable situation I don't think, and one I'm sure many wish they had as well with their distributor.

If the game does flop, I highly doubt it will be worth what the price tag is, so this is why I'm trying to see what is circulating. I expected more information by now, and I'm surprised by how little review there actually is, but I don't have time to scour the million posts a day here, so I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction.

Again, I want nothing more than this machine to rock and to buy it, but if things are not looking good, I *will* bow out. This isn't charity after all.

#5 7 years ago

Atomic boy ,
    Does your distributor have a demo game? Do you live close enough to try it? As always, it's better for each person to try it for themselves rather than go by others opinions. I live in Toronto and my distributor has one on location, so I tried it, and even with way outdated code (I tried it in December), I realized I was not going to sell it, or my position. Your opinion is what matters most.

#6 7 years ago

They don't have one at Playdium store, but at the other location. I didn't get a chance to visit there last when I was in the GTA. I heard teh code isn't up to date on that though.

I know it looks good, that I'm not worried about.

#7 7 years ago

Atomicboy. If I get my pin before you, you are more than welcome to play mine to see if you like it. I'm hearing end of June"ish".

#8 7 years ago
    Quoted from Atomicboy:

They don't have one at Playdium store, but at the other location. I didn't get a chance to visit there last when I was in the GTA. I heard teh code isn't up to date on that though.
    I know it looks good, that I'm not worried about.

I was at The Playdium Store Saturday and was disappointed to find WOZ is no longer there.

#9 7 years ago

Terry: it hasn't been there for a long time. I was down a couple months ago and it had already been long moved, I believe to the Montreal store.

Hitch - thanks for the offer.

#10 7 years ago

Well if you are not going to scour the hundreds of posts/threads..…then you would not see what has already been said many times over.
    The game is far from complete, code wise. So it is hard to offer a comprehensive review. There is obviously much more to come that will tie in all the game play that is already programmed.
    As most owners (all?) have commented, what is there is fun and the potential for more to come is huge.
    Right now for me, its more of a scoring game than anything else. The modes and full story line is not completed..so, it is hard to offer a comprehensive review.

#11 7 years ago

Between the game at iplay and the game at Silverball Museum, I've got at least 50, 60 games in. I got in on WOZ early (6500) and there is no way I will sell my game in the foreseeable future.

We are all different though. You really can't trust any review. You should make every effort to play before you decide to dump or keep.

Good luck!

#12 7 years ago
    Quoted from Atomicboy:

Terry: it hasn't been there for a long time. I was down a couple months ago and it had already been long moved, I believe to the Montreal store.
    Hitch - thanks for the offer.

I've seen your name on maaca. As soon as it arrives I will send you a personal message. Are you in London?

#13 7 years ago

Take someone up on their offer to play one or try to find one. Why would you want to make a $6,500 dollar decision on seeing a video or taking someone else's opinion?

#14 7 years ago
    Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

Why would you want to make a $6,500 dollar decision on seeing a video or taking someone else's opinion?

Most people made decisions before they saw a thing on it. I like to read the good and bad, formulate what appears to be consistent, and rule out the odd ball stuff, watch vids, and yes, actually play if I can where I can, and try to get as much of a feel for it, again, to make an informed decision.

That's why I'm posting this, to see if there is anything out there that has covered some of the early assessments. For us in Canada, it's more of a $8,500 decision after the 13% in taxes.

Quoted from Hitch9:

I've seen your name on maaca. As soon as it arrives I will send you a personal message. Are you in London?

Thanks, yes, I am in London. Starburst has apparently has two runs coming, 10 soon, and another 10 after. I am apparently in the second lot. Have you been told which one you are in?

#15 7 years ago

Let me further explain my posts. I bought this hoping that before mine trickled to me, there would be the usual explosion of reviews and videos of early gameplay, much like there is with every new stern. I'm not sure why everyone is being so tight lipped about this machine now that it is out, but I read it because of the "haters" and the flack they were taking from them.

I'm just trying to see if there is anything available to assist.

#17 7 years ago

Why do you need a review ? It's all up to you whether you like it or not ! Play the latest code and be aware that updates are coming .I hate some movies that get good reviews and visa versa .

#19 7 years ago
    Quoted from Atomicboy:

Most people made decisions before they saw a thing on it. I like to read the good and bad, formulate what appears to be consistent, and rule out the odd ball stuff, watch vids, and yes, actually play if I can where I can, and try to get as much of a feel for it, again, to make an informed decision.
    That's why I'm posting this, to see if there is anything out there that has covered some of the early assessments. For us in Canada, it's more of a $8,500 decision after the 13% in taxes.

Thanks, yes, I am in London. Starburst has apparently has two runs coming, 10 soon, and another 10 after. I am apparently in the second lot. Have you been told which one you are in?

I spoke to Jack, and he said he was going to try and get my machine to me by the end of June, so I'm figuring the first group. He knows my serial number. I used to live in London (for 12 yrs). I've got a spare bedroom if you want to spend the night here, once my pin arrives. That $8500 is a hard pill to swallow. There's a new video up, just posted with gameplay.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 337.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    PinWoofer
    $ 75.00
    $ 259.99
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Other
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 169.95
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Pinball Pro
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 40.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 20.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 14.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Protection
    Pinball Haus
    $ 5.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 259.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Tilttopper
    $ 40.00
    Playfield - Other
    PIN-UPS
    $ 289.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 7,699.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos LLC
    $ 24.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 175.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 119.95
    Boards
    Allteksystems
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside