Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 57 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by o-din
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpeg
    There are 57 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 8 years ago
    Quoted from cooked71:

Isnt BAA just PPS in disguise?
    Always found Pinball Life to be great if a little more limited than Marco......

Not unless ownership has changed in the past few years. I ordered a protector, and it was at my door in three days. The problem is PPS was a primary supplier.

These days, if I can, I go to the source of the original parts of possible. It is the best option. Great Plains Electronics or Rottendog are great examples.

#52 8 years ago

When PPS took over IPB Rick found a creature playfield that I nearly sealed the deal with IPB and Rick honoured that deal and I was wrapped = good service

Bad = I god a full set of Creature ramps ages ago from Rick and should of fully unwrapped them and inspected but did the open the box did a general check and re-packed. Fast forward to a little while ago I unboxed and unwrapped all the ramps gearing up for a restore and the curlie ramp is new but has major deforming to sections of the ramp and is a joke and not worthy of a restore. Emailed Rick twice with no response - very disappointing. Won't be buying from them any more considering I had to buy a replacement ramp from Fantasy for over $200 shipped to Aus. Will be sticking with Pinballlife and Marco as at least if there is a problem - response and solution within 1-2 days.

Pretty sure PPS and BAA are sister companies but both are linked by family.

#53 8 years ago

The story I got, when I finally got through to them by phone last week, was that PP and BAA are two separate, independent companies that both happen to be owned by the same person (Rick I believe). Kinda weird but whatever.

#54 8 years ago
    Quoted from jibmums:

The story I got, when I finally got through to them by phone last week, was that PP and BAA are two separate, independent companies that both happen to be owned by the same person (Rick I believe). Kinda weird but whatever.

Little bit of horseshit going on here. They may consider them separate companies, and they are...sort of. As distributors of parts, though, you can find all of Planetary's parts at BAA, but not the other way around, so you can kind of consider PP a subsidiary of BAA.

If you call their help line about a faulty PPS part, they'll probably ask you if you ordered it from PPS or BAA. They did for me...and that's all the proof you need to know that they're essentially the same company.

#55 8 years ago
    Quoted from jibmums:

"Tax reasons", builds a competitive monopoly, and even promotes false inflation of prices.
    Old tricks, most used long outside pinball.
    I was not aware that Rick actively "owned" any part of BAA, but was aware of their relationship.

#56 8 years ago

These stories remind me of the old complaints from IPB was in business.

#57 8 years ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

I have to deal with Chicago Gaming Co. With games like Galactix that are in my arcade. They are by far the worst customer service company out of all the ones I deal with. I would never buy a MMR based on every communication I have had with them. Really sad PPS partnered with them.

Actually sounds like a match made in heaven.

There are 57 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-going-on-with-planetary-pinball/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.