3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 57 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by o-din
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.jpeg

There are 57 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 3 years ago

Placed an order with them last week, received an email quickly with an order #. When click the link in the email to check the status, it brings me to a blank screen. When I call Planetary's phone, I either get a message that the voice mailbox is full, or as of today, it transfers me over to Bay Area Amusements, and then no matter what option I try, I get another message that their voice mailbox is full also. Anybody else having problems with PP or BAA, or know what's going on?

#2 3 years ago

hmmmm Website is working for me.

http://www.planetarypinball.com/

#3 3 years ago

It's also not even 9am on the West Coast

#4 3 years ago

For me, they are always impossible to reach on the phone, regardless what day or time I called. Mailboxes are always full. I've since stopped trying, but I used to think it would be better for them to not publish their phone number at all if they aren't going to answer it.

#5 3 years ago

They moved to Nevada... maybe its something in the water there?

#6 3 years ago

Just start a thread here about remixing some audio for PinSound boards in WPC machines and Rick will reach out to you.

#7 3 years ago
    Quoted from Blackjacker:

Just start a thread here about remixing some audio for PinSound boards in WPC machines and Rick will reach out to you.

No doubt. What a joke.

Obviously they really care about the customer.

#8 3 years ago
    Quoted from Blackjacker:

Playboy & Evel Knievel pop bumper caps for sale!

Bally Coin door stickers for sale!

Get your Cactus Canyon Continued right here!!!

Wow... what a way to poke a rabid dog with a stick! Hi Rick!

#9 3 years ago

Yes, the website is working fine, it's just not letting you check the status of an order when you click the link to "check status". Yes, it's not 9am yet but I tried contacting them yesterday afternoon too. No biggie, just hate this "impossible to contact" crap.

#10 3 years ago
    Quoted from jibmums:

just hate this "impossible to contact" crap

Yeah, that is a great business decision. With executive decisions like that no wonder he is so sensitive to others trying to sell items for the hobby. Any competition would eat his company's lunch.

#11 3 years ago

Post on here that you want to infringe on his rights, i'm sure you'll get a phone call within the hour.

#12 3 years ago

I've sent a couple of emails to Rick with no reply. *shrug*

#13 3 years ago
    Quoted from lordloss:

Post on here that you want to infringe on his rights, i'm sure you'll get a phone call within the hour.

Jesus, at least wait 'til I'm off the stage.

#14 3 years ago

Mabye call his Cell?
    Isnt that what he always says to do?

#16 3 years ago

If anybody does get hold of Rick, let him know I've been trying to contact him for a while now about licensing on my next batch of Firepower adapters. They're all sitting here waiting on stickers.

-Hans

#17 3 years ago

My boycott maybe had an effect. Fist pump...

#18 3 years ago

C'mon guys give him a break. He has probably been working hard on designing the next remake. Priorities....

#19 3 years ago

Call Him

image.jpeg

#20 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

C'mon guys give him a break. He has probably been working hard on designing the next remake. Priorities....

W/B has already done that for him & the code

#21 3 years ago

Was finally able to get through by phone this afternoon.

#22 3 years ago
    Quoted from jibmums:

Was finally able to get through by phone this afternoon.

I should hope they said "oh yeah; we shipped that last week... and here's your tracking number. It's due to arrive tomorrow." - right?

#23 3 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

I should hope they said

"And we're returning all the calls already in voicemail and making space there for new messages."

#24 3 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

I should hope they said "oh yeah; we shipped that last week... and here's your tracking number. It's due to arrive tomorrow." - right?

Nope, they told me they don't have my stuff in stock so I could cancel the order or wait for it to become available. This week the pinball hobby has been an exercise in frustration for me.

#26 3 years ago
    Quoted from jibmums:

Nope, they told me they don't have my stuff in stock so I could cancel the order or wait for it to become available. This week the pinball hobby has been an exercise in frustration for me.

I used to order from BAA and/or Planetary the majority of the time, but recently they have been out of stock on so much stuff, I don't even bother to check the site anymore.

#27 3 years ago

I emailed about some things last week and I all i got was "possibly." Lots of stuff in the pipeline apparently

#28 3 years ago
    Quoted from dsuperbee:

I used to order from BAA and/or Planetary the majority of the time, but recently they have been out of stock on so much stuff, I don't even bother to check the site anymore.

Exactly!!! I've been saying its shocking how many basic classic Bally parts are out of stock. It would be nice to get a explanation from Planetary about what's going on.

#29 3 years ago

What's most frustrating to me is ... websites.
    You have a database with the stock; once it's out of stock as the shopping cart system automatically decrements the stock.
    In this day and age; it's simply UNACCEPTABLE for sites to not reflect actual stock.
    Furthermore; communication. If you are out of stock when the order is pulled - a email/phonecall goes out to the customer right away.

PPS = Fail.

#30 3 years ago

When you order something from PPS, it's usually best to assume it will be delayed.

I ordered something back in July. A few weeks go by, and I send an email about it. No response. It took two additional emails before I found out production was delayed and a shipping date was unavailable, so I could either hang in there or request a refund.

From what I recall, there was no indication of a huge delay/backorder when I originally placed the order. There was no automatic follow-up email indicating a change in status or any shipping date estimate.

If I had proactively received a notice of the delay, I woudn't have been bothered by it. It happens, especially with pinball. However, making me have to chase someone down repeatedly just to get a status check is not good customer service. Good communication and transparency makes all the difference in the world.

#31 3 years ago

I don't like giving my money to someone who screws up an order, sends the incorrect item and then unapologetically says "keep it or send it back, we are out of stock on the item you payed for."
    Vendors should not make you feel like they are doing you a favor by selling you something.

#32 3 years ago

I order from PPS all the time and I've never experienced any delays, missing items, or issues. Sorry to hear that folks are, but my experience has always been stellar.

Marc

#33 3 years ago

I've ordered one thing from them. A playfield. It arrived in good condition.

Everything else is cheaper elsewhere, that I've needed.

#34 3 years ago

WOW...I just had the opposite experience today with CPR. I ordered a new BOP plastic set this morning and it's in route already. Now that's the way to run a company.

#35 3 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

"keep it or send it back, we are out of stock on the item you payed for."

My guess is the more remakes that are made the less game specific parts will be available for games that are not. No need to reproduce them for the few that need them when you can sell whole machines and parts for those existing original machines that are being remade. Just a hunch but I've seen many B/W parts that were available just a few years ago no longer in stock anywhere.

#36 3 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

I don't like giving my money to someone who screws up an order, sends the incorrect item and then unapologetically says "keep it or send it back, we are out of stock on the item you payed for."
    Vendors should not make you feel like they are doing you a favor by selling you something.

Once a company buys out all competition and becomes a monopoly customer service goes out the window.
    No need for it, once it is the only game in town they can charge whatever they want and do whatever they want so you either put up with it or get out of the game.

#37 3 years ago
    Quoted from tracelifter:

you either put up with it or get out of the game.

Or don't deal with them period and piece your games together from scraps. Which is basically what I have to do if I want to maintain the history of Williams and Bally in my collection.

#38 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

My guess is the more remakes that are made the less game specific parts will be available for games that are not. No need to reproduce them for the few that need them when you can sell whole machines and parts for those existing original machines that are being remade. Just a hunch but I've seen many B/W parts that were available just a few years ago no longer in stock anywhere.

I also think alot of people like me have layed of buying alot of parts. Why put $500- 1k worth of parts into a machine now when a new remake is around the corner.
    Remakes might have hurt PPS parts business?

#39 3 years ago
    Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

I also think alot of people like me have layed of buying alot of parts. Why put $500- 1k worth of parts into a machine now when a new remake is around the corner.
    Remakes might have hurt PPS parts business?

Who do you think supplies the parts for the remakes?

#40 3 years ago
    Quoted from pintechev:

Who do you think supplies the parts for the remakes?

If PPS is, they're doing a piss poor job at keeping production line rolling.

#41 3 years ago

There is a post on the PPS forum about this that goes into some detail. I don't want to speak for them, but it's worth a trip to the PPS forums for a read.

Marc

#42 3 years ago

Copy / paste isn't speaking for them.
    I'm interested; but not enough to sign up for their forums.

#43 3 years ago
    Quoted from pintechev:

There is a post on the PPS forum about this that goes into some detail. I don't want to speak for them, but it's worth a trip to the PPS forums for a read.
    Marc

Link? Can't seem to find a post about customer service there, but then it is late and I'm rather groggy.

#44 3 years ago

Personally, if the parts people are looking for can be found elsewhere, I would recommend doing it.
    Customer service keeps degrading, unfortunately.
    Marco, BAA, Pinbits, MoP, or even PSPA are better choices.
    Even with overseas shipping and little more waiting, you can still get most of what you really need FASTER.
    I would like to see some action in production of parts and less chasing pinball ambulances.

#45 3 years ago
    Quoted from jibmums:

Link? Can't seem to find a post about customer service there, but then it is late and I'm rather groggy.

This is the one I was referring to. While not specifically about PPS parts, it's a unique insight into what it takes to make a machine and some of the issues they are running into with MMr that they'll learn from for future machines:

http://www.planetarypinball.com/forum/index.php/topic,502.msg3664.html#msg3664

#46 3 years ago

Isnt BAA just PPS in disguise?

Always found Pinball Life to be great if a little more limited than Marco......

#47 3 years ago
    Quoted from cooked71:

Isnt BAA just PPS in disguise?
    Always found Pinball Life to be great if a little more limited than Marco......

They are different companies but run by the same people.

#48 3 years ago

Marcos is VERY impressive on their quality website & customer service. Top notch.

#49 3 years ago

PPS needs a PR department... bad.

Burn that bridge!

#50 3 years ago

I have to deal with Chicago Gaming Co. With games like Galactix that are in my arcade. They are by far the worst customer service company out of all the ones I deal with. I would never buy a MMR based on every communication I have had with them. Really sad PPS partnered with them.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 14.95
    $ 65.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Vandelay Industries
    $ 6,995.00
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 1,099.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 6,450.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 8.00
    Cabinet Parts
    RPGCor
    $ 28.75
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 79.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 46.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    Flipper Parts
    Buthamburg
    $ 24.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 49.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    There are 57 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside