New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 57340)

What's going on here on Pinside lately?

By MrWizzo

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 30 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Crash
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.jpg

#1 7 years ago

Really been out of touch with Pinside for the past couple months. What have been the highlights and threads that shouldn't be missed? New products, game developments, duels at Noon, meltdowns, breakups? Facts and innuendo just as good!

I have seen that Mudflaps' has switched from Hasslehoff to Inugo Montoya. Case of temporary insanity surely....

From my end...

....Jamie is a satisfied new owner of the CC I sold him, just in case Don Quixote is still staking me out. I picked up a Royal Flush with a perfect BG, nice cabinet and crappy pf before I took off for a month of business travel and now at the beach for the Summer. Looking for a better pf. I think VID should have my F14 finished by late September and really looking forward to getting that and hoping to meet him in the process. It would be great to have it for the Second Annual Polish Pinfest at WizzoWorld and probably will not schedule it until I have the F14. Herg is holding a System-11 LED OCB for me, so thanks again Herg. The F14 will be my first game with LEDs much to the delight of Mudflaps and Hwawonyu. Cap't Nemo is going through some production decisions, and Antonio is hoping to deliver in November. Pics of cabinet looked good although I have a bit nervous about having boards mounted on the cabinet floor. I hope there will be some type of protective cover over them. Still looking to sell my nice IJ and considering selling the MB as well but won't be back in Virginia until midAugust. I would be open to trading my IJ for a very nice SM plus a little cash. Been playing a lot of Spiderman down here since it is the only real pin available. Always fun when the upper flipper dies, but the op fixed it pretty quickly. My high of 343M set two years ago is still up, and I almost broke it the other day. Danny and I have all the top scores and highs except for two features: royal whatever and another one. Played Game Show for the first time down here. Having grown up in the 60s and 70s with all the game show, it was fun and nostalgic.

Hope everyone is having a good Summer. Ironically, my favorite restaurant down here this Summer is Flippers! Not pin related.

Dan

#2 7 years ago

Well, Schlock Doc got a vasectomy as an adult 7 1/2 weeks ago, and his junk is still in traction

#3 7 years ago

Rarehero started eating meat again. Dropped the veggie crap!

#4 7 years ago

You don't want to miss the "Thunderbirds" pinball thread! It's a good read.

#5 7 years ago

As you can see, it's been very quiet around here.

#6 7 years ago

somebody hates stern.. somebody hates jersey jack... both love drama.

consider yourself caught up!

#7 7 years ago

Read the David Hasselhoff/Black Knight thread.

#8 7 years ago

Welcome back Dan! My man-crush on David Hasselhoff is alive and well thanks to your gift. We missed you at Tad's place, but I'm looking forward to your next sausage fest. You better have it before October, because I'll be on a 6 month hiatus. Picking up a RBION tomorrow and buying Jason's TFTC, so my little pin collection is growing.

Until next time!

Edit: I see you're still away, so a safe journey home in August.

#9 7 years ago

Thumbs up for everyone. First round on me!

Thunderbirds-is that a reference to the 60's show that was done with marrionnettes? One of my favorite as a kid. There was a recent movie in the past five or so years, no?

Kyle, I will do the best I can. It isn't a party without you. Congrats on the new pins. I enjoyed Ripleys when I played it. Don't hassle the hoff, man! Saw a great tee down here you need for your collection, "The last mosquito that bit me was hungover for two weeks."

Dan

#10 7 years ago
    Quoted from MrWizzo:

Thunderbirds-is that a reference to the 60's show that was done with marrionnettes? One of my favorite as a kid. There was a recent movie in the past five or so years, no?

Welcome back Rip Van Wizzo!

#11 7 years ago
    Quoted from bigehrl:

conside:r yourself caught up!

Same old-same old! The Price Police are hyper active, every Woz thread gets beat to death by the critics and any reference to Strykers Arcade starts a shitnado, so nothing new here. Enjoy your summer.

#12 7 years ago
    Quoted from bigehrl:

consider yourself caught up!

Gossip, Drama, Slander.

#13 7 years ago
    Quoted from KenLayton:

You don't want to miss the "Thunderbirds" pinball thread! It's a good read.

Indeed, best Pinside thread so far by a mile.

#14 7 years ago

Dan, playing a lot of pinball down in Richmond. Look forward to getting up your way again. Your hospitality has always been first class.

#15 7 years ago

Hey super mcWizzle your mcShnizzle on the grill-izzle.....or something like that?!

Besides the FLYERS buying out some high end contracts, drafting some burly, slow defenseman, and picking up some new talent (emery, VLC, and streit).....life here on pinside has moved right along like you never existed

And I applaud you opening up to LEDs....that F14 will deserve to be treated in a respectable manner and needs to be blindingly bright! It doesnt disappoint at all. I also agree with you in the process of letting go of IJ and MB....blah....maybe one more solid state will be added to the collection?!

When you do return home pinside will be here waiting for you....like you never left

#16 7 years ago
    Quoted from MrWizzo:

Thumbs up for everyone. First round on me!
    Thunderbirds-is that a reference to the 60's show that was done with marrionnettes? One of my favorite as a kid.

Here ya go, it's a long read, but worth it:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-announced-by-homepin-thunderbirds

#17 7 years ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

I'm looking forward to your next sausage fest.

Did you say "sausage fest"? Say what? I'm not only scared...but scarred as well!

#18 7 years ago

Here is what you missed Wizzo...........
    "WOZ sucks!"
    "Metallica was designed by Jesus!"
    "10,000 by Christmas!"

#19 7 years ago
    Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Here is what you missed Wizzo...........
    "WOZ sucks!"
    "Metallica was designed by Jesus!"
    "10,000 by Christmas!"

Jesus also designed BBH.

#20 7 years ago

We all agree on everything now.
    One of us. One of us. One of us.

#21 7 years ago
    Quoted from ZippyThePinhead:

Did you say "sausage fest"? Say what? I'm not only scared...but scarred as well!

I didn't really mean sausage fest. I meant a predominately male dominated gathering where we all lament the total lack of hot babes as we drink beer by the keg, eat chips, and talk about how bad-ass we are.

Okay, a sausage fest.

#22 7 years ago

can someone post a link to the hasslehoff thread

#23 7 years ago

I am realizing that Jesus is the #1 designer of pinball in the world.

New pins, Old pins

Stuff for sale. Fan Boys, Haters and late night dot giffers

Oh and centerflanks one of a kind Tron Apron sold and was resigned and I believe traded again after that. As the pinside turns

Welcome back

#24 7 years ago

Many otherwise knowledgeable people still post without knowing the difference between there & their & they're

#25 7 years ago
    Quoted from flerp:

Many otherwise knowledgeable people still post without knowing the difference between there & their & they're

???????????

#26 7 years ago
    Quoted from flerp:

And there right over their! Thare they're.

#28 7 years ago

The guy selling the SW with a signed transliste for $5.5k is still MIA. We miss him...

#29 7 years ago

Stern finally gave us a great X-Men code update, then took it away.

#30 7 years ago

Stern finally gave us a great X-Men code update, then took it away.

image.jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 26.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    Boards
    PCB Emporium
    $ 95.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Mod Co.
    $ 239.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Tilttopper
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Protection
    SilverBall Designs
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 16.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 24.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lee's Parts
    $ 25.00
    Boards
    nvram.weebly.com
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 244.99
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 19.00
    $ 125.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 175.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 85.00
    $ 34.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 39.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 5,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Protection
    SilverBall Designs
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 40.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinfarmer Mods
    $ 100.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    G-Money Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 40.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Metalhead Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside