(Topic ID: 92448)

What's FS in Maryland,Va,DC,Pa,De right now ? Md and surrounding area FS Thread.

By stretch2

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,018 posts
  • 930 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 minutes ago by briyau15
  • Topic is favorited by 561 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20160803_162543_(resized).jpg
20160722_211350_(resized).jpg
mame_(resized).jpg
20160513_190649_(resized).jpg
20160513_190611_(resized).jpg
20160513_190934_(resized).jpg
20160513_190936_(resized).jpg
20160718_201832_(resized).jpg
20160718_201822_(resized).jpg
20160718_201617_(resized).jpg
20160718_201515_(resized).jpg
20160718_201508_(resized).jpg
20160718_201426_(resized).jpg
20160718_201458_(resized).jpg
20160718_201434_(resized).jpg
20160718_201353_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rdoyle1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

312 posts in this topic match your search for posts by rdoyle1978. You are on page 1 of 2.
#4028 7 years ago

Curious if anyone's seen the Jurassic Park out in Vienna, VA for a starting bid of $2595. The guy doesn't have the coin door which seems like kind of a big deal since you can't inspect under the playfield. ebay: ebay.com link: DATA EAST JURASSIC PARK PINBALL MACHINE

Anyway, I was just curious if anyone's looked at it since it seems priced to move, but there appear to have been no bites thus far.

#4033 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I paid 2k for a mint huo jp with topper and mods. Jp is a 2-2400 in imo.

Well that answers that question. I thought I'd seen it in the 3's, but JP isn't one I pay attention to very often but I love the Tyrannosaurus. Thanks dudes

4 months later
#5137 7 years ago

Listing my TAF - great condition, cleaned and flippers rebuilt - couple of scuffs but just shopped and plays awesome

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/41692

#5195 7 years ago

Posted my HOU WoZ with all the essential mods - Arlington, va

#5243 7 years ago

Trying to move this guy to reclaim our home theater

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/41865

#5247 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

A home theatre is overrated ... fill that sucker with pins....lol

Ok, I'm ACTUALLY trying to replace it with a Scared Stiff!

#5251 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Dam it .....did u find one?

No, I was just giving you a hard time

#5281 7 years ago

Looking for a SS with little to no playfield wear.. don't care about cab damage or anything else not working. Trying to get a Christmas present for the lady of the house..

2 months later
#5715 7 years ago

Does anybody in northern Virginia have a Doctor Who? I am a huge fan of the show and the Pinball Arcade table, and would like to play a real one to decide if I want to buy. I've heard it's a bit of an acquired taste

#5717 7 years ago
Quoted from tstone:

They had one at the Black Cat bar in DC last time I was there (several months ago), not sure if it is still there.
I'm on the hunt for a Doctor Who myself...it's been a tough search.

No kidding? I'll be down there next week. Thanks for the tip! Not a lot of DW in the area apparently..

#5720 7 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

A bit of a drive from Northern Virginia, but there's a Doctor Who on location at Volleyball House (VBH) in Elkridge, MD, near BWI Airport... one of the FSPA league locations.

Thanks Ferret! I'm up there occasionally, may check it out! (In the meantime, Black cat is much closer to my office)

#5760 7 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I haven't seen many around lately. I've had one at my shop for a little while now, but it has cab fade (like 80% of them do) and a reimport coin door that has some dings. Just not a title that people are wanting to pay for, especially one that needs a little work to be perfect. I've had a couple people offer $2k, but unfortunately I'm into it for a little more than that so I don't really want to take a loss on it. Reimport doors don't really bother me, but I'm going to order a new coin door for it this week as opposed to swapping one out from another game.

Thanks man- if you do ever happen to need to sell it, I'd be able to go a little north of 2k (although not much more until I get more space!). For now I'll head over to black cat in DC

#5775 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

well we are in the Mid-Atlantic thread.. so

I'm in DC, and those really don't seem to be DC prices either... I gotta start looking where bigd is!

#5817 7 years ago

Still looking for a Doctor Who in the area. Would be willing to consider trading for my sample TZ And some cash

#5825 7 years ago
Quoted from Jesterfunhouse:

I know I tried to contact them today but have not heard back. With the demand for Dr. Who's right now I am sure someone snagged this up quick at that price.

Damn it! I try to check CL every day, and never expected it to pop up like that. Also emailed the seller, hope they get my email, seems like CL isn't the greatest at getting through.

#5830 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

From what i gathered its sold ....i went and looked at a nice one few days ago but it needs complete teardown and some work but cld be a very nice example . It was to much tho considering what it needs.

Well, that figures! Are you basing that on the posts here?

Where do you keep finding these? I pretty much have time to check CL and Pinside for sales, but have no clue where else I should be looking. I'd love to get one that needs work, happy to put the time in, just dont' have time to look for them AND fix 'em up.

#5837 7 years ago
Quoted from tstone:

Yep, I got an email from the guy asking to compete in his auction.
He's also mentioned it needs some work.
My hunt continues...

Same here. I am going to try and check it out but it definitely looks pretty messed up. Disappointing to me, as I was trying to get a Doctor Who for my son - this looked like a perfect contender- needed a little work (he is always asking me to show him how to fix stuff on our other gsmes) and he LOVES Doctor Who. He's into the new one, but once in a while we take a break and watch an old one with Tom Baker. This was potentially going to be his birthday gift. He's going to be 8, and really into pinball. New blood!

Anyway, I guess I keep looking too, I can't drop a huge amount on a wrecked game, even if half the point is to fix up a beater.

#5842 7 years ago

Somebody is going to end up with it... hopefully they don't overpay... I obviously want to get in on it but not at a huge price. I hope a pinhead ends up with it though so it can be restored

#5846 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Has pretty bad playfield damage at edge of playfield leading to time expander. Its faded also and was mentioned of being in a friends house for a while unattended to. Just by the few pics and info provided its gonna be need some attention and is pretty rough . Cant see it before making a offer sucks and im not playing cl auction games lol. I actually think the original price of 1500 was about right for this particular one. Good luck to anyone looking to get one but dr who isn't worth going threw this guys games.

I don't know how you could tell all that from those crap pics! But yeah I am inclined to agree...

#5856 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

There were a few closeup playfield pics in some emails....not super good but enough to see the condition

Guess I didn't get the right email - I only got a pic of the Time Expander's uh... sunroof

#5860 7 years ago
Quoted from Turboghia:

I paid about $3k a few months ago for my sample Dr Who (production working Dalek) and my cabinet is faded and has the typical Time Expander wear. I looked for 4 years for a DW close by and still had to drive 4.5hrs each way. $1500 would be a no brainer but $2k would still be a good buy IF the playfield isn't toast and the boards are clean. I suspect the buyer is going to be someone over $2k. Depends on why you're buying the game, to flip or to keep. If I didn't find one, I'd be into bidding over $2k! I mean you can always back out if you show up and the game is a basket case...

That's a good point. What a circus! The seller is probably looking for the highest bid, but I think it's kind of crass to ask for why you love pinball if he does indeed end up just taking the highest number. Kinda hope not - but those of you who apparently got the more detailed pics are seeing some wear that was otherwise not clear.

4 years! Guess I better keep waiting . I'm not overpaying for a basket case

#5864 7 years ago
Quoted from Turboghia:

I told the seller it would behoove him to post better photos because it would minimize the person(s) showing up and either leaving or offering less. He could be asking about your love for pinball to either eliminate pinheads from purchasing or to only sell to pinheads. Pinheads are going to be looking at everything but will accept the pins as is, a Dr Who collector who doesn't know anything about pins won't know any better....or the seller could be asking for another reason. Who knows?

No doubt - the CL pics look like they were taken from under a plastic sheet with a layer of dust all over it. (Or was that the glass? )

I would think only pinheads would be interested in the first place - given that it's clearly a knocked around game, has issues he was up front about, and posted about the moving topper being original.

But like you said - who knows! Good lesson in marketing here. The guy must be a real estate agent

#5869 7 years ago

Yep there is a pretty full on plug and play kit and a DIY one that includes LEDs and the motor. Both seem fairly straight forward. I am not aware of differences with the sample (I.e. It's not like TZ) so is it really that more valuable? At this point I personally just want a working game...

Anybody gotten the auction guy's email? Not I.

#5870 7 years ago

Ok I got an email about the DW... I may go check it out on Monday if it's still there. My weekend is now booked. Anyway I'll post back when I get the 411, sounded like there were a couple other people at least curious.

#5874 7 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

Somebody bought the DW off CL. Just got an email it's sold.

Yep, first person he met. I believe it sold for between 2000 and 2500. Hoping another comes up for sale soon

#5880 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Good news is most are in good or restored condition.

But the bad news is you better be ready to drop 8-9k for starters!

#5905 7 years ago

Thinking about putting my sample TZ up for sale, gauging interest. Has 3rd magnet and Optos installed, mylar on playfield, good cabinets (but not perfect), basically every mod in the world. PM me if interested.

#5941 7 years ago

I know this is OT but what's the next, closest show to D.C.? Allentown?

#5952 7 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

SS honeymoon over already? That was fast!

D did you sell your SS?

4 months later
#6564 6 years ago

Putting out feelers for a good condition CFTBL - fully working original hologram (a bit blueish but still very clear), lit pop bumpers, optional lit speaker panel. Will send pics if someone's interested. I adore this game but have to sell one ...

#6616 6 years ago

Anybody have a standard arcade cab for sale? I am looking for a nonworking game I can add a PC into

#6629 6 years ago

Scoping out interest in a Doctor Who; fully working beautiful mini PF, repaired ramp, full cliffy set, good cab no fade

Looking for LOTR, and (separately) a non-working video cab

#6633 6 years ago
Quoted from omgitsadam:

I'm interested in a Dr Who, been looking around for one the past few months.

Pm me, pls

#6642 6 years ago

Who-fan DW going up for sale soon; PM me if interested.

PM me if interest in a MB with new playfield and cab decals. Or an early sample TZ with the original unobtanium early playfield. Not really interested in selling unless I can get a good price (love those games!) but need to move some games. Yes I will donate if they sell

2 weeks later
#6725 6 years ago

Looking for LOTR nearby (say, within 3 hours).

Anybody know if Ghostbusters has been selling under $5k yet?

#6751 6 years ago
Quoted from tomh52722:

Considering trading my tommy and/or getaway at or before the York show next month. Interested in DMDs of similar value, either 1 for 1 or both for 1. Let me know if you have something to trade.

I've gotten real interested in Getaway - would you consider a fantastic condition Doctor Who?

#6788 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I have a super nice RFM with new legs and 3d translite for $2700 picked up. I'm in York.

Sounds like you got it working!

#6801 6 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Looking for Champion's Pub or a Family guy within 5 hours distance of Richmond, Virginia

DJDNS had one for sale a few months ago - not sure if he sold it or not. Super nice guy, bought a CFTBL from him a while back. Has a TON of pins and arcade games. You may want to PM him, I can't remember exactly, but he's somewhere in FBurg or Spotsy.

#6805 6 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Thnx for the heads-up. I sent him a message though he has been inactive for 10 days now. got a good feeling though

good! Ask him if he still wants to sell some of those cabaret games he has - he must have like 50 in his house

#6813 6 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

So is anyone selling any DMD machine that isn't listed here? Pickins are super slim here as of late and I need something new

Have a DW I am selling soon; heavily modded with lots of upgrades, lit speaker panel, optional PinSound with latest DW theme music and new Doctor callouts, K-9 switch cover mod, sonic screwdriver shooter rod lane

#6819 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

One of the few wpc pins i haven't had.... what condition is the playfield and cab?

Playfield has one spot where the diamondplate has worn; covered with Mylar. Cab is in very good shape; no fade (like, at all), some general wear as is typical for the age. There is some - I don't really know what to call it - planking(?) on the back of the cab. Does not affect the game and is invisible unless you have the game out in the middle of the room. It's there but completely on back of the cab, Includes PinSound board, my custom stereo mix, PinSound upgrade speakers, Color DMD LED, ALT translite, working Dalek topper, couple of playfield mods (e.g. k-9 switch cover, sonic screwdriver in shooter lane).

Mini playfield elevator has been fully disassembled, shopped, maintained and restored for completely trouble-free operation

#6821 6 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Pass, it's not a title that I'd own, but yours looks awesome. Loved the show as a kid though.

Thanks! I put a lot of work into it to get it in great condition; really looking to sell to a current Who fan who would appreciate all the upgrades and the lack of maintenance in the MPF elevator. I still really enjoy this game, which is why I'm only half-ass putting it for sale right now, but I need some space. $3700 obo, although I can remove the lit speaker panel and PinSound board and bring the price down.

#6849 6 years ago
Quoted from flyarlee:

As a story for the ages... after this game was first rebuilt (boards done on 2/2017) I was playing it during a thunderstorm. Lighting came in my house and struck me..it went into the game.
I ended up with a mean red line down my arm from the lighting...

What.

#6869 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Remember they are remaking it which affected the price a good bit it seems......

Say what? Has Stern mentioned this anywhere?

#6894 6 years ago

If there are so many WOZ for sale I'll buy a standard for $6k! Most of the ones I've seen are RR LE, which is not for me.

#6905 6 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

I still have my RZ for sale

Machine - For Sale
Rob Zombie's Spookshow International - Price ReducedHome Used Only (HUO) “Dark, Fun, Fast and Edgy pin that would make a great addition to your music pin lineup. This is the standard edition #154 of 300 and is sold out. HUO, from a smoke-free home - Or...”
9 days ago Ellicott City, MD 5,500 (OBO)
hAbO

$5500 or best offer. Had to put my dog to sleep and selling because of vet bills.

Sorry to hear it, that's not a great reason to have to sell ...

#6949 6 years ago
Quoted from bepositive:

A question please . Does the inquiry " whats it worth " pass muster with present terms and conditions within the regional FS threads
( no pics )? Researching the Pinside archive would rarely produce a linear ( condition , location ) result . Boston price guide has no condition qualifier .
Not uncommon to see someone had regretfully underpriced a game . Also not uncommon to see someone overprice a game and get into a negative feedback ( crapped on FS post ) bad vibe contest .
Happy three day weekend ! Shane

Shane could you restate your question? Not sure what you are asking

#6973 6 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

May as well save up more cash until York. Slim chance that you may find something there that you'll really, really want, but then.... the regret sets in because you just bought that other pin on a whim before the show!!! Well, that's how my luck runs anyway. I am trying extremely hard to be patient until the show so I know the feeling. I'm still not even sure if I'm going unless someone brings the titles that I want. As long as I bring home at least 3 pins it will be worth the trip.

I am seeing a lot of stuff pre-sold before shows - you just have to watch everything like a hawk!

#6990 6 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

I'm kinda confused that - if that's the case (not doubting you, agreeing..) - why even WAIT for a show? You wanna sell it, then go, sell it, meet up in a random parking lot, and do the exchange. Why wait until a show to do it, and hurt the count of games on the free-play floor?

There's other reasons to go to the show - the flea market, all the vendors.. it's an easy central location to meet up with your buyer/seller. Maybe you're from DC and the seller is from NY, too far a drive on a regular day, but hey we're both going to the show, so bring it with you... Still, kind of sucks the game is gone/sold before anybody has the opportunity to buy it. I do like that a lot of arcade games are there at York, at semi-reasonable prices...

#7001 6 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

Why doesn't the seller register the game in the free play area? The buyer can pick it up at the end of the show. This way we have one more pin to play in the free play area.

A great idea, let's discuss ways to get the owner to do so:

#7003 6 years ago
Quoted from bpa:

How about in another thread and leave this one to buying and selling games?

My sarcasm didn't come through I guess

#7036 6 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

Gauging interest in a potential trade (preferred) or sale involving my excellent condition (it's as close to mint as I've seen) TSPP with the following upgrades/mods: color DMD, full LEDs, nuclear side rails and backbox hinges, sillyoldelf art package (side blades, back art, and speakerbox art), duff beer can flasher mod from mezelmods, kwik e mart and worst pinball ever comic book guy decals from backalley, duff beer speaker acrylics, pinballdecals target decals, remote battery holder, and titan flipper rubbers.
Ideally, I'd love to trade +/- cash if needed for something on my wishlist. Right now, my top choice would be AC/DC premium, Dialed In, No Good Gofers, or WhiteWater. I'm only interested in fully working machines in nice condition.
As of now, a buddy of mine (fellow pinsider) gets first dibs, but I'm just gauging interest. I'd need about $5700 for this based on what I have in it.
Thanks!

I've seen this game in person and it is NICE. Immaculate.

#7039 6 years ago

Looking for an old (50s or 60s) TV "as-is" that I can take the bezel from in order to make an old timey TV which plays all Twilight Zone. I already have the episiodes loaded up, i need a TV to cover the computer monitor I'm using.

all the TVs I've found are working, and therefore the owner wants $100-200 for it. (or more, in one crazy person's case). Zenith or Philco preferred!

Also looking for neon signs that *look* of a similar age. Zenith, etc. Doesn't have to be actually vintage, just have that look.

#7041 6 years ago
Quoted from jacklick:

2 days late posting and seeing this. I just disposed of an RCA Victor 1959 21T9345 on Monday. Wasn't in great shape as it was from basically a barn. Most of the tubes were blown. I was tempted to keep it to see if somebody would want it. Now wish I did. Sorry

Dang it!! That would have absolutely been perfect! Gives me a little hope though. I keep checking antique stores but I'm not trying to blow a huge wad on this, and I'd hate to bust up a working tv

#7043 6 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Contact Gameroom Garage. He has a vendor that deals in those tv's

Thanks I will do that - like I said though... I'm not trying to spend a ton of money. Have you seen the prices at Coinop Warehouse?!

#7048 6 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Yes I have. I deal with them regularly and the prices are what they are for a legitimate reason and if you ask him why he will tell you. I've been buying from him for over 20 years and the prices I pay have always been fair, if they weren't I would have stopped buying from him long ago.

Yeah I mean I really appreciate the suggestion. I can't argue whether or not the reasoning for why the prices are how they are, but it's irrefutable that they ARE expensive. Wait, I'll put that another way - they're frequently more than I would choose to spend. There's a lot of cool stuff at that place, no doubt! I haven't been up to check out GameRoom Garage yet, that seems like it's got a lot of stuff. They're a business, they got a right to price however they want

#7050 6 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

rdoyle1978 I suggest that you join this Facebook group for arcade collectors in your area
https://m.facebook.com/groups/191171094315201?notif_t=group_r2j_approved&notif_id=1503099060444883&ref=m_notif

awesome! Very much appreciated

#7054 6 years ago
Quoted from Jason43:

Gameroom garage is Ok. There's several arcade and pins throughout the place ranging from rough to good players condition. I didn't see anything that i thought was a deal though.

I gotta get up there - I'm more interested in some of the other stuff they have going on there - neon signs, stuff like that. The pinball is what it is in that place

#7070 6 years ago
Quoted from Jason43:

The coolest part is that Coin Op's building is across the street. They had their dock doors open and it was arcade and pinball machines as far as you could see. I'd be more interested in visiting that building.

Totally! I've been to coinop though, have not been since they opened GRG

#7071 6 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

I visited the Gameroom Garage the day that they opened. The Gameroom Garage is a group of retailers renting space from Coinop. Yes, they have a lot of really nice non-pin items. The majority of the pins belong to retailers, not coinop. Many of the pins were in the lower end of player quality, but wanted Pinside prices or higher.

INTERESTING. This is the antiques warehouse model. Hope it works out .. but yeah at those antique places a LOT of stuff ends up just sitting.. for years...

#7072 6 years ago
Quoted from bluespin:

If you are going to the York show, you should ask them if their warehouse will be opened up for browsing TH/F. Keep in mind that the vast majority of the pins that they sell on Facebook sell out in minutes. You will be looking at the pins that no one wanted

Unfortunately we aren't going to York this year... I stupidly booked a camping trip to Assateague Island about 6 months ago with friends before I realized the date. Just noticed it the other day. Huge bummer

#7074 6 years ago
Quoted from Jason43:

"INTERESTING. This is the antiques warehouse model. Hope it works out .. but yeah at those antique places a LOT of stuff ends up just sitting.. for years..."
I could see a lot of GRG's stuff just sitting, but they've started listing items on CoinOp's FB page where anything will sell. GRG will probably do pretty well if they continue that.

Well that's good - I'm glad there's at least A place to find stuff like this somewhere in the area

#7076 6 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

I think it depends on which 'location' of theirs. A few months ago, i called them on a Wed, and was told that they'd have someone at one of the warehouses on Saturday, stop by at 9. I got there, and had complete full access to the place, unsupervised. The front door was open, and there wasn't a soul there. I could have walked out with anything. After about 30 minutes, a guy showed up, I took my machine and headed out. So, I think it depends on when and where..

Yes, they have set hours in Friday's I think, but other days it's a good idea to send them a Facebook message and make sure someone will be there. They will tell you right away if someone is going to be there

#7098 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I'm looking for shadow PM if you have one.

Paging rob stone...

#7120 6 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

My super nice TSPP is on the market! Would prefer a trade +/- cash deal for a nice AC/DC Premium, WhiteWater, or No Good Gofers. Strongly prefer a local, cash deal.

Machine - For Sale
The Simpsons Pinball PartyNew!Shopped “Excellent condition TSPP that could very well be HUO based on it's condition (no documentation and I'm not the original owner). The machine includes the following upgrades/mods: C...”
32 minutes ago Arlington, VA 5,700 (Firm)
per3per3

GLWTS!!

#7136 6 years ago
Quoted from Turboghia:

A lot has changed in the past 8 years. I still remember when Dr Who's were $750 and that seems like yesterday. My point is TOM price has pulled pretty far away from LOTR in terms of price. Two player's LOTR were for sale at the last Pinfest for under $4200

Doctor who seems criminally undervalued even at current prices. Fear of the miniplayfield I think

#7139 6 years ago
Quoted from Turboghia:

I agree. I bought my Dr Who prototype last year. I drove 4.5hrs each way to pick it up and yeah I paid top dollar for it but I had looked for a DW for several years and every time they came up locally in the $2600-2900 for a standard one they were sold immediately. My prototype was more expensive but I'm never going to sell it so I don't care.

I spent a LOT of timing tweaking the MPF on my game this past year and it now works flawlessly - really happy with what I've done with it. You can't see it that well in the video but I have the upgraded tardis and K-9 integrated into the game - his eyes flash and he talks. It can be returned to stock very easily.

See here:

#7144 6 years ago
Quoted from Turboghia:

I've seen LOTR pop up a lot locally for around $4500 this year. And correct me if I'm wrong but didn't both of those player's LOTR at Pinfest sell for $3800 each?

Man.. I really want to get into the LOTR club.. for $3800 that's a no brainer..

#7148 6 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Machine - For Sale
Star Wars (Pro)New!Home Used Only (HUO) “Stern Star Wars Pro. Bought NIB early July. Has zero ghosting with lots of HUO plays. Added Shaker, Darth Vader shooter rod, trough light, and superbands. Selling outright to buy a...”
1 hour ago York, PA 5,000 (OBO)
Phbooms

Just tired of it? I'm sure this will move fast

1 week later
#7186 6 years ago
Quoted from Scorch:

I have a nicely modded X-files that I would be interested in trading. Ultra-Bright LED's throughout, added second speaker, has a custom translite that I designed (will come with original as well). The file-cabinet is cracked, as with all these machines, but I reinforced it with a metal backing, but it could be replaced for a perfect machine. Also has a one of a kind video mod that allows you to play whatever videos you want. There's a USB port that you can put whatever movies you want on it, and they will randomly loop. Right now it just has the alien autopsy video looping.
Movie of video mod:
» YouTube video
I've also installed a polarized film on the DMD so there is virtually no reflection on the backglass.
Pic's can be seen on this topic, post #446.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/thoughts-and-rules-to-x-files/page/9
Condition is a solid 7-8.

You need to create a market listing

1 week later
#7220 6 years ago

Looking for an empty cab or non-working arcade game. Prefer JAMMA but really I'll make anything work. Looking to spend $100-150 or so

1 week later
#7254 6 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

I'm sure it won't last long now that the link has been posted.

well it's gone now!

#7255 6 years ago

Thinking about putting up my Hobbit Smaug LE. Has been dialed in, fixed right wireform, popup mech adjustments installed, looks killer. No mods, but all included LE special stuff.

I love this game, but I love my other games too, and they need some help - I just don't have time to play lately, and would love someone else to enjoy this bad ass game. Couple of projects are getting in the way! asking $6500 OBO. I'll post an ad with pics once I get around to it

1 week later
#7304 6 years ago

Souped up Doctor Who for trade for STTNG or LOTR

2 weeks later
#7378 6 years ago

So who ended up buying that halfway decent Tales from the Crypt that was on CL? I think I just missed it...

#7381 6 years ago
Quoted from Ramjet:

Looking for a real nice White Water

Machine - Wanted
Wanted: White Water - Northern VirginiaNew!Wanted! “Looking to buy a real nice White Water, located in Northern VA.

Thanks”
1 day ago Vienna, VA
Wanted
Ramjet

Lol I know one in Arlington you can try out

#7384 6 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

He's already played it and now he's hooked!

I figured!

#7388 6 years ago

Looking for a Funhouse or IJ in reasonable (not pricing for ultimate insane HUO) condition

#7392 6 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

I’ll be having my IJ up for sale soon. It’s very nice with new cabinet. Have a restored playfield as well not installed.

We should talk I’m cool with a PF swap, priced accordingly

#7393 6 years ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

There is a FH and IJ for sale in the Worcester Craigslist

Funhouse is 5200! And it’s routed with PF issues. I’d love one but that is a rip.

#7395 6 years ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

Maybe the price can be less? I do agree the asking price is high.

Good point, maybe it’s worth an email. But it’s really really high... it’s either that game
Or Black rose

#7399 6 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

I’ll be having my IJ up for sale soon. It’s very nice with new cabinet. Have a restored playfield as well not installed.

PM sent. Some top notch guys are recommending you

#7404 6 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

Machine - For Sale
Diamond Plate DinerNew!Partially shopped/refurbished “Diamond Plate Diner with lots of new parts. new plastics, plastic protectors, LED's, star posts, rubbers, flipper bats, balls, drop target decals, glass, legs, casters. i removed...”
14 hours ago Gettysburg, PA 3,000
weaverj

Are not all Diners Diamond Plate?

#7417 6 years ago
Quoted from Turboghia:

Considering letting go of my players Tales From The Crypt for $2500. No topper or shaker assembly, and cracked plastics but fully functional. Will post on the Marketplace if anyone is interested

Did you just buy that from the lady on CL?

#7419 6 years ago
Quoted from Turboghia:

No I’ve had mine for several years

Very cool.! PM Sent -

#7423 6 years ago
Quoted from GGBGROUP:

Looking for some invisiglass or HD glass. PM me if anyone has a sheet they would like to sell before I go and buy a new one.
I also have a players condition Freddy for sale. Glove and fingers intact and all plastics and mechanicals are in working order. Game plays great. Some playfield wear. Pics and video available.

I am really curious if someone would want to sell invisiglass. Count me in if so!

2 weeks later
#7461 6 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

Machine - For Sale
Scared StiffNew!Partially shopped/refurbished “Unbelievably nice Scared Stiff. ColorDMD, Comet LED's including flashers, Super-Bands everywhere, Pinball Pro speakers, all the Cliffys, Tilt Graphics GameBlades, high-end eyeball...”
23 minutes ago Gettysburg, PA 7,500
weaverj

so sad.

Wow man, you need to talk about it? Pics look outstanding

2 weeks later
#7541 6 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Have my restored IJ playfield set for sale.

Parts - For Sale
IJ TPA WMS cleared main/mini PF set for saleUsed, good condition “Have IJ playfield that was touched up and cleared. Please contact if you want more specific pics, etc. I have no idea when or if I will ever get to swapping out mine which is alr...”
27 days ago Reading, PA 1,300 (OBO)
dmacy

Did you end up selling that beautiful IJ?

#7543 6 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

If I would ship it would have been sold many times by now. I’m not comfortable with shipping and not needing to sell so I may just have to keep it.

Aww what a shame

#7548 6 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

I’m looking to buy a Williams Indiana Jones. If you’ve got one for sale, let me know. Cash in hand, ready to go!

Shopping one right now! cab has some scratches but no fade. PM with your budget

1 week later
#7598 6 years ago
Quoted from Lemank:

Looking to trade or sell my fishtales. 3100. I just installed comet leds, new rubbers and posts. Game plays great. No fish wear on playfield and slight cabinet fade on one side. I am also thinking about trading or selling my super clean t2. 2750. New rubbers, posts and leds. I would do a 2 for one for a newer stern. Pm if interested. Easy walk out basement. Pm for pics. Happy new year Pinsiders!!

Tell people where you live dude!

#7609 6 years ago
Quoted from Lemank:

Sorry guys. Cranberry Twp pa is 20 min north of pittsburgh.

Oh damn, I know exactly where you are! That’s exactly halfway to my folks’ house in Toledo from where I live. We meet them in Cranberry all the time!

#7611 6 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

Ha. Both my parents grew up in cranberry and I grew up in Toledo.

That’s nuts, I went to high school in Perrysburg

1 week later
#7638 6 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Wow, Mike. That game looks AWESOME!

Sold

#7652 6 years ago
Quoted from Ramjet:

Machine - For Sale
Theatre of Magic - Northern VANew!Fully shopped/refurbished “Gorgeous Theatre of Magic for sale or trade
Beautifully lighted and clean
Clear coated playfield. Plays fast and great
Ramps removed and cleaned
Color DMD
All new plastic set
N...”
2 hours ago Vienna, VA 7,400 (OBO)
Ramjet

Beautiful Theatre of Magic for sale - Northern VA

I don’t know man, I heard $6300 is the going rate

#7703 6 years ago
Quoted from mtbpinball:

Looking to buy a BSD, CFTBL, MSF, TFTC. Any of these titles. I am located in eastern PA. Must have a nice playfield.

Man I’d love to visit your game room once you get that all hooked up. Will fight you for the TFTC

#7708 6 years ago

Entertaining trade offers for a LOTR with a great PF and brand new plastics, but cab art flaws. No damage but art is marred with long streaks on one side. No idea what it is. Don’t have time to do decals until my other restore is complete

#7710 6 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

My LOTR had damage streaks on the cabinet artwork right out of the box. Very annoying. Must have been a run of bad printing at the factory.

No kidding! That’s what I can’t figure out. It’s not damaged in the slightest, it just has these white streaks, almost like really really harsh UV light through a randomly torn curtain or something

#7719 6 years ago
Quoted from Cappi:

I have one of the last LOTRs from the last run that sat in storage before being sold (from what I was told) and they had issues with the side decals sticking to the plastic/packaging. I have a few white spots on mine that were from taking it out of the box. Still plays great

I wonder if that's what's going on with mine. I think mine is from the later runs. I'll post a pic

1 week later
#7782 6 years ago

All right posting a LOTR soon... open to trades
For SS, ToM, DI

1 week later
#7816 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Still looking for a HUO tron. Let's make it happen! I will likely be listing my very nice MET pro, modded out with everything included color, spinners, total light show, etc. It's a prem, no hammer. PM for a trade/cash on my end!

Did you see the one Billsfanmd has for sale?

1 week later
#7885 6 years ago

They hold their value. I had a brand new one I did not end up using for a customer and I resold it a year ago for 400 Shipped. Thats about the best deal I think you will run into.

Plus basically nobody sells them because they are so interchangeable between games

1 week later
#7942 6 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

Honestly, if I knew you, then I'd consider it. Would love to find a temporary home for it with a local pinsider but the ones I trust already own one.

Oh no! That sucks!

#7953 6 years ago

Looking for DW in fair to great condition.

#7958 6 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

I put in the flipper Fidelity speakers and sub and have been very happy with it

Overkill price-wise though because he has a PinSound. PinSound speakers are EXCELLENT though

#7967 6 years ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

He has been messaged now, Thanks. Still open to hearing from others.

You'll end up with his, it looks out.standing. Takes fantastic care
Of his machines. Only
Gripe I have is he wouldn't sell me
His
ToM for a 2k discount. What a dick!

#7970 6 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Is that a haiku?

LOL! I had an assist from auto-correct

1 month later
#8127 6 years ago
Quoted from DeathTouch:

is there a library I can look at to cross reference the abbreviations? I was lucky enough to get out a BK2000 LOL

here, LMGTFY: (see what I did there!)

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-machine-abreviation-definitions

http://www.pinballnews.com/learn/acronyms.html

http://www.ipdb.org/lists.cgi?anonymously=true&list=abbrev

#8146 6 years ago
Quoted from DeathTouch:

Your killing me smalls... LMAO

Just Giving you a hard time - hope those help!

#8162 6 years ago

Hello SuperFriends and Avengers of Pinball Mayhem!
Doing my final price drop on these two machines before I go the EBAY route. They both work great have lots of extras and don't forget the parts giveaway door prizes to any buyer. I just need them sold PRE-Allentown for the collector I am selling for. Will be hard to find them at these prices again even unshopped (at least at my house). I also will also let you meet IN PERSON the near famous zimjoe anytime you want to at his house!

Machine - For Sale
Monster BashNew!Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean “ITEM DESCRIPTION
Selling a nice Monster Bash Pinball Machine- This machine is fully functioning with no switch errors.

I am selling for Collector/Friend and he purchased the mach...”
11 minutes ago Charles Town, WV 8,500 (OBO)
Jesterfunhouse

Machine - For Sale
Attack from MarsNew!Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean “Selling an original Attack From Mars Pinball machine. The machine works great and has no switch errors. The play field is very nice and does not show signs of wear and has a Cliffy...”
8 minutes ago Charles Town, WV 6,500 (OBO)
Jesterfunhouse

Good LORD that is quite the deal

3 weeks later
#8244 5 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Starting the search for a Houdini. Shots are too tight but I love the theme and gameplay. Have a few pins to possible trade.

Shots are not too tight! You just gotta be gentle

#8264 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinphila:

I agree John. Maiden was your typical stern pinball. Nothing exciting other than artwork.

I'm a yuuuuuuuge Houdini fan - and I quite liked IMDN (love the band,
Love the MUSIC!!), nice clean easy shooting. Very fun, may move out IJ for it. But not Houdini

#8274 5 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

If you decide to sell your IJ, please ping me. I’m local.

Thanks man! Will do. I have about 10 different offers now for $7k, but i'm not moving it out yet

2 weeks later
#8348 5 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

I'm considering trading my super nice scared stiff (color dmd, full LEDs, skull pile mod, dancing boogie men mod, 3 skull interactive topper, custom shooter rod, undercab lighting, and Boney beast eye screen mod) for something new. I only have room for two machines right now and would like something new to play. I value the scared stiff at around $7250 and would be interested in either a temporary trade or permanent (cash involved) for one of the following machines which must be in great condition and fully working:
- TOTAN: would be looking for an even swap (no cash either way)
- Tales from the Crypt (cash my way)
- Baywatch (cash my way)
- Iron Maiden pro (cash my way)
- No Good Gofers (cash my way)
- Congo (cash my way)
Please PM if you're interested and we can work out the details

How about an Indy?

1 week later
#8389 5 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

Does anyone know of someone in the DC Metro area who would fix a couple of spot welds on the upper part of a ball trough kickout for a reasonable price? I tried JB Weld, but it’s just not strong enough. Thanks.

I’d like to know the answer to this too, I have a habitrail that needs help

#8408 5 years ago

You'll also need a tiny bit of bondo or other filler so the decals lay smooth

1 week later
#8446 5 years ago

I have a backup WPC-95 one, and figured I should also have one for WPC89 games... looking for the power box / line filter at the front of the cab:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/65243

#8447 5 years ago

Also have several sets of B/W legs and hardware in good condition.

3 (! don't ask) gold legs from an Indy,
a set of nice black legs,
a set of standard steel legs
2 80s Stern legs
2 short (early Bally?) legs

several lockbars, both standard and widebody
and 2 sets of rails

Make me an offer - the Stern and short Bally legs go to the first person to come pick 'em up! PM me.

#8449 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I have a used box painted... but not wired. Mantis also sells the box in stainless. But you can build it from scratch with about 15-20 in parts. Insulator paper from pinrestore/Marco... fuse holder... switch from Home Depot ... snap in outlet from anywhere (I bought some from eBay )... and extension cord from HD. Also should have the strain relief hole insulator... should be able to find easy

I know you're right - it's just not a good use of my time to source all the parts and build it. If there was a kit, I'd buy it and put it together some weekend, but other things are more pressing

4 weeks later
#8552 5 years ago
Quoted from Mike_M:

So it's actually in the MOMs market? I heard VUK was closing as they are knocking down the buildings for a high rise.

WHAT! WTF

MOMs is way further for me. Damn it...

#8561 5 years ago
Quoted from SeaLawyer:

I was there on Sunday. Pretty awesome! Pinball room is to the left, after the Naked Cafe. Some of the machines have issues. All machines $.50, which is nice. PinballMap.com has the full list, and some condition comments from me.

That is great, and a huge step up from Players Club, which is real nice but boy is it hard to get people into pinball at $1 a game on STERN SW

#8563 5 years ago
Quoted from MrFancy:

If you are looking for places to play in the District the two best are the Black Cat at 14th and R and Lyman's Tavern further up 14th a little past Columbia Heights. Black Cat emphasizes older machines, doesn't open until late, and can get crowded with a hipster element that isn't playing pinball. Still, good place to play with about 15 machines. Lyman's is perfect if you ask me, emphasizes new games like AfM, TNA, ST, SW, IMDN, Houdini, with a few older games too and the bar is very much about playing pinball. If you've been playing at Player's Club and haven't been to Lyman's yet... my dude, get your ass to Lymans, you'll probably find me there. Opens at 11 every day, and no problem if you just want to play and not drink.

I'm a regular at Lyman's, and unfortunately Black Cat opens too late for me to go there most days. But thanks! Lyman's has a great selection of games, (although I wish they'd get that Domino's out of there...) and in general they seem to be better maintained games. But VUK has the games Lyman's doesn't, so to speak, so they are both critical! haha

I forgot they have an IMDN at Lyman's! Shoot, I need to get up there this week.

#8565 5 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

Bumping this. Located in Alexandria, CA:

Machine - For Sale
ParagonUsed - shows wear but 100% working and clean “Players condition. Has Pinball Electronics light board and all bulbs replaced with LEDs (no flickering). New power rectifier board. Everything working. Playfield has wear, can ...”
9 days ago Alexandria, VA 1,300 (OBO)
lyonsden

Or Alexandria, Virginia!

#8568 5 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

Domino’s is long gone. It’s a bummer, game had potential but the lighting was wayyy too dim for a bar environment and the sound worked for maybe a week.

No kidding? I guess I haven’t been there in a bit after all

#8578 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

MOMs is literally minutes from the beltway. It's less than 1 mile from the 95/Rt1 interchange.
VUK will be around for now... but it has always been a dead-man walking location. It's why the location was picked in the first place... cheap due to pending redevelopment.
MOMs will be the next evolution... 25-50pins.

I gotta get up there! I can metro to VUK and walk from work to Lyman's, so I'll scope out the MOMs.. thanks!

#8583 5 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

I'm thinking about selling my Woz (75th) and Houdini. Both are HOU. I'm the 2nd owner on Woz, and first on Houdini. Both are in great shape. Woz has additional spot lights added. Houdini has pin stadium lights, but I could remove those. I'm in northern VA, and am not yet ready to contemplate shipping, so it would have to be a pick-up deal. The Houdini is easy to get out (basement door). Unfortunately Woz as a wide-body will have to go up stairs .

For WOZ you can easily remove the head and playfield - takes about 15 minutes. WAAAAAAY lighter. Bring up the game in 3 pieces instead of 1 back-breaker. It’s light enough to be a one person job in a pinch.

#8611 5 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

posting question on here since i am hoping for local feedback. looking for a powder coating place in md area where i can get my alien done in green. pm me any ideas

My suggestion is to send to Robert Stone in Ohio. He ships fast as hell and won’t rip you off on the cost. Very fair powder coat prices and he is awesome getting Colors matched to games. And he works fast too - I get stuff back the same week sometimes

#8613 5 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

he is my first choice. alien has that large frame so was afraid to ship

Copy that. Hope you find one ! I don't know anybody local

#8616 5 years ago

Perpetually looking for a “Mephisto” within 200 miles

#8624 5 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

on vacation in Bethany this week. when i get home i’ll prob be listing a HUO houdini with a few upgrades. awesome game but I played RAI’s AFM LE and i’m hooked. i’ll be trying for an AFMr or
MMr trade or cash sale if I find one

Mike you are going to rival delt31 for game
Flips soon!

#8628 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

It never hurts to try, but good luck on that one. Especially with the “within 200 miles” preference.
I was trying to get one shipped that I found last year in Spain, guy ended up selling it to his friend instead. Very disappointing. If you do find one, let me know and I’ll swing by next time I’m down your way to throw a few games on it.

Oh, I know - I post it every so often just to check. I’ll happily ship one even from overseas if I can. Amazing you even found one! Too bad about the friend. You should reach out, he’s probdvly about ready for an Iron Maiden right about now

#8631 5 years ago
Quoted from stretch2:

Mike's a Good Dude and an Asset to the Pinball Community.I've played his Houdini and it's an Awesome machine for some Lucky Buyer or Trader.

Absolutely - friends have bought at least 2
Of his games and they’ve always been immaculate.

#8653 5 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Marylander here in the market for my first pin next month once the basement is finished. Have gone from #1 choice being Star Trek TNG, to Medieval Madness, to Game of Thrones, and am now wavering between AFMre SE, and World Cup Soccer 94. We'll see what's available next month when I can move something in.

Whoa Weird Al fan, nice!

#8657 5 years ago
Quoted from acaciolo:

I just put my very nice Back to the future up for sale. A pinside buyer was supposed to show up here tonight, but he vanished. So, figured i’d promote it a little. Ad is in the Market. great shape. Some nice customizations and no problems. Located near Allentown.

You should link to your ad

#8666 5 years ago

Wow that is a very cool looking game!

1 week later
#8708 5 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

I've got TNA coming in next week. I have enough room for it, but it would make life easier if Houdini was gone before it arrives. So, I'm willing to give someone a good deal if you're serious and prepared to pick it up this weekend (8/4 or 8/5).

might want to try the new code update before you let it out the door..

Machine - For Sale
HoudiniHUO - Documented (Home Used Only) “Original owner, in great condition.

Houdini $7k
Magic glass $295
Shaker $99
Art decals $99
Houdini Pin cup $55
Stadium lights $259 (might be able to remove, but the magnet strip i...”
2 days ago Vienna, VA 6,900 (OBO)
andrewket

1 week later
#8801 5 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

Make Crabtowne an offer, we need room for more new games in there...

Anybody ever bought a game from there?

#8818 5 years ago

Getting ready to post a phenomenal condition SS in the next month or so. PM if interested in checking it out in person, I won’t be actually listing it for a few
Weeks

#8821 5 years ago
Quoted from Guidotorpedo:

Sorry guys.... as much as I hate bk2k, crabtowne is not getting rid of it, or certain other games. Too many people make the restaurant a destination point because that (and a few other key games) are there.
We are getting newer pins in there.... SW pro, kiss pro, and gb pro are there already. We will be making the lineup in there newer before 2019, without harming the integrity of crabtownes “time capsule” image.
If you haven’t been there in a year or so, check it out.... 31 pins, most with Titan silicone and comet smd in the GI. My partner in crime Shannon has capped over 30 monitors, including all the Nintendo’s.
This isn’t your daddy’s crabtowne any more
Mike

Bad news but DAMN GOOD NEWS too! Crab towne has some games I have rarely seen in the wild - Twister comes to
Mind

#8825 5 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Funny - the new normal in this thread is to say “thinking about selling _ game... let me know if you might be interested,” rather than just posting the game.
I’ve done it.
That’s all cool... I just hope everyone follows through and pays the appropriate fees to Pinside. Would be nice to keep the lights on around here.

+1 Don’t know if you were referring to anything I posted, but my posts of this nature might be better thought of as “don’t really want to sell, but I don’t have enough space
So something has to go.. if I get a good offer
From an enthusiastic buyer, I may be able to part with it..”

Scared Stiff in beautiful condition with custom one-of-a-kind animated eyes mod

#8827 5 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Actually was just making a general observation. I’ve done the same thing... but I’ve I’ve also always donated if the exchange happened because of Pinside. Just seems like it has become the norm.

Absolutely !

#8832 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Going to post my Hobbit Smaug pretty soon. HUO, mirrors, plastic protectors, 100% no issues, perfect cab, etc. Just not feeling it. PM if interested. Looking for trade cash or just cash.

What are you looking for in trade?

#8834 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Potential for Dialed In, or an older williams/bally game in the 3-5k range or JP.

Cool. Good luck to ya!!

#8867 5 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Machine - For Sale
Wizard of OzNew!HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) “Selling a Ruby Red 75th Anniversary WOZ for a friend. He is original owner and bought it NIB. I helped to unbox and set it up so can vouch for how nice it was and still is. It is...”
36 minutes ago Reading, PA 8,500
dmacy

Hey is your friend looking for a trade by chance?

#8872 5 years ago
Quoted from chooch:

Likely going to be listing my Iron Maiden LE soon. Basically new with only a couple of plays. Hate to sell but found one of my grails and only have so much space. Looking to get $9500 and located a few miles outside of Pittsburgh.

What's the grail game?

#8898 5 years ago

Looking for DW..

#8906 5 years ago

WTB Doctor Who, still looking!

#8922 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Auctions are a WASTE of time. Period!!

I was under the impression that these are the last place to find deals - are there really no more deals to be had?

#8924 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Maybe if you are in the middle of nowhere, and they have no online bidding. In the mid-atlantic? Nope. Way to many fisherman trying to catch the same little guppy. Everyone with an extra $100 in their pocket is an American Picker or a Pawn Star now.

This drives me crazy; that must be why it’s so hard to find basically any game lately

#8930 5 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

The part I don’t understand is without a doubt over half the pins will be sold to resellers. How are they making money off them? I’ve seen some project EMs selling for more then working ones at shows already. Don’t get it.

Somebody must be buying them, otherwise no one would do it. I have been shocked at the number of owners recently who barely know how to raise the playfield though - so maybe there’s just a lot of people getting in for the first time and are ok with out of control prices - although they usually get a warranty right?

#8932 5 years ago

Careful there... I literally had to ask last how to raise the playfield on my World Cup Soccer... But it's my first pin. Gotta start somewhere.

See? You’re learning - but did you over pay?
Lol - that was supposed to be hyperbole; I had to be shown on my first game too - I guess what I should have said was “i expected to have to fix my game on my own when I bought it from CL,” but perhaps buying from a retailer gets one the extra bit of assistance if the buyer is not interested in the fixing part, and is ok with paying a premium. Just speculating, I’m not sure what’s going on exactly

#8935 5 years ago

I paid less than what all the WCS are for sale on Pinside for, but I've probably spent 8 hours with the playfield up this week cleaning, putting in LEDs, silencing the motor, and figuring out how to repair a couple of things. I get the idea that a lot of people buy pins off of here, then repair them and try to sell them at above pinside prices on facebook and craigslist after doing some basic repairs... keeping them and playing them until they sell. This is what I believe to be behind a lot of the "price inflation".

I’ve definitely done that - but only after completely disassembling the game, restoring cabinet corners and decals, tumbling and polishing or re-graining all metal, cleaning the upper and lower play field to remove coil dust and grime, replacing all rubbers, flame polishing the ramps, and repairing all issues with power boards. I love doing that, too bad there aren’t a ton of games floating around to fix up

1 week later
#8992 5 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

I think I have 2 displays. One from TWD and one from Metallica. I pulled them out right after I got the game and threw in a ColorDMD.

I believe I also have 2 WPC DMDs

#8993 5 years ago

I have lots of legs, gently used rails, a couple rough looking lockbars, and one lockbar receiver. Anyone want these? I am starting to consider just throwing them out. They are all in good working condition (although not all are beautiful), I just don’t need ‘em

#8996 5 years ago

Dang sorry guys, the receiver is spoken for! I got like 20 PMs in 13 seconds!

#8997 5 years ago
Quoted from herg:

What manufacturer/era? At minimum, I've been wanting to try buffing a stainless lockbar, but I don't have the guts to start with one that I need for my games.

All WPC era games. I believe I also have 1 widebody lockbar

1 week later
#9019 5 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

What's up folks. I'm interested in offering up my MMr for temporary trade as I'd like something new to play. I'd be interested in one of the following games: Dialed In, Iron Maiden (prefer premium), TOTAN, Tales from the Crypt, Guns N Roses, and Congo.
I'm in Arlington, VA and would be interested in finding someone local. I don't have a pin hauling vehicle, so would need to rely on you for that part. I'm thinking the trade could last through the winter.
Please PM me if you're interested.
Thanks!

Per3per3 and i did this last year and it worked out great - his machine was in PRISTINE condition and he was gracious enough to take a well-played Monster Bash as a trade. We traded back a few months later when I started the restore. Would do it again in a heartbeat! both of us took a chance, not really knowing one another and we have become very good friends as a result.

#9022 5 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

I've never did a trade but do a 6 month loan with one of my friends. The deal is he lightly shops the game (cleans and wax playfield. Installs new rubbers) then plays it for 6 months. I pick it up and drop off a different game. I have complete trust in the guy so works out for both of us. We are on game number 3 soon to be game 4.

Nice! That’s an awesome idea. I need somebody like that I can offload one my games to periodically! Haha

#9047 5 years ago

Still looking for that Doctor Who

#9070 5 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

is the routed WOZ on philly clist for 5750 legit? i'm not really looking for one, but price seems okay, right?

Damn I’d buy that right from under you if it’s real! Lol

#9073 5 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

So you would buy it just because its a good deal? I'd only buy it if I was looking for a WOZ....

No, I’m looking for a WOZ but it needs to be an outstanding deal because I’m out of space!

3 weeks later
#9183 5 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Looking to get one of the local Houdini’s for sale. Going to give it another chance InBeve gameroom. Listing a nice Wh20 later this evening

What else do you have for trade Mike?

1 week later
#9232 5 years ago

Looking for 80s B/W games; if they need a little work that is preferred

#9247 5 years ago
Quoted from drjbeyer:

All games except F-14 are sold...

Wow I was about to inquire but. Wow. GLWS

#9268 5 years ago

Monthly search for DW

May be putting up IMDN Premium up soon. Also looking for 90s games with the Bally backbox (e.g. Black Rose)

#9271 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I can't believe it's that hard to find a DW. It's like you've been searching forever. It's that game really that rare?

Well,
I'm not looking super hard, and it's a production run of 7,000 so I certainly should have a lot of opportunities. I sold mine to a guy who doesn't want to give it up, and the other 1 or 2 I've looked at they just wanted way too much IMO. I just can't justify $4k for a stock one, and hoping I can find one for a winter project.

#9274 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Got you. Well hopefully you find what you're looking for. I hate seeing active pinsiders having trouble finding a game. If I see something I'll pm you

Thx man!

#9307 5 years ago

Putting up my Maiden Premium in a few days. I will be gone over thanksgiving but just FYI I guess

1 week later
#9355 5 years ago

Almost-new HUO IMDN for sale just outside of DC in Arlington - have to make space for a restore! Make me an offer

Machine - For Sale
HUO - Undocumented (Home Used Only) - “Perfect condition IMDN. This game is outstanding - no issues I am aware of at all; latest code update installed. I am the 2nd owner, please ask for pics if there is anything you'...”
2019-01-23
Arlington, VA
6,660 (OBO)
Archived after: 11 days
Viewed: 1994 times

#9364 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Almost-new HUO IMDN for sale just outside of DC in Arlington - have to make space for a restore! Make me an offer

Machine - For Sale
Iron Maiden: Legacy of the Beast (Premium)HUO - Undocumented (Home Used Only) “Perfect condition IMDN. This game is outstanding - no issues I am aware of at all; latest code update installed.

This game is absolutely a killer! Super fun, intense and just as...”
6,900 (OBO)
Mark sale pendingEdit ad detailsEnd ad listing

Post-thanksgiving bump. Had some tire kickers; the game is as awesome as they say it is!

1 week later
#9404 5 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

certified check is a little weird, no?

I assume cash on the glass is ok too...

#9448 5 years ago
Quoted from gripwhip:

Looking for a High Speed II Getaway. Playfield and Cabinet must be decent, I can probably shop/fix the rest.

Machine - Wanted
Wanted: Getaway: High Speed II, TheWanted! “Looking for one with a nice playfield and decent cabinet. Local pickup.”
30 days ago Silver Spring, MD
Wanted
gripwhip

PM too-many-pins, I believe he has a HS2 for sale

#9467 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

BSD for sale. PM me for pics.

Just link to the ad!

1 week later
#9516 5 years ago
Quoted from davisjl1979:

Looking for a Dialed in LE or Standard in the near future. Anyone looking to offload one soon?

I might be, DILE. PM me.

1 week later
#9566 5 years ago

Dialed In LE for sale - $8200 in Arlington, VA. As going up later today

2 weeks later
#9644 5 years ago
Quoted from davisjl1979:

I've got a friend who does powder coating in the Northern VA area. Let me know if you're interested.
He is going to do my Dr. Who in the next week or so.

You better post some pics when it’s done!

1 week later
#9692 5 years ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:

A few months ago, I fixed up a Twilight Zone for a customer near Culpeper, VA. I replaced the MPU, driver board, right flipper button board, VUK plunger to gumball (broken where the plastic attaches to metal rod), a few coils, and adjusted switches to get it all working. He wanted to play it a while and then wanted to sell it. He thinks he is ready to sell it and will ask $7,000. Is anyone in the area interested?
He states that once in a while the ball is not coming out of the gumball machine when a ball goes in. This sounds like an intermittent switch issue that was not occurring when I was there. But want to provide as much info as possible. Otherwise it looks great and plays great.
Thanks
Michael

This should get snapped up fast. But he better fix that switch issue if he wants $7k for it!

1 week later
#9779 5 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Fuck off dipshit. I never owned a Strikes and Spares game, so you have me confused with someone else. What the fuck is your major malfunction?

Geez I thought you guys were ribbing each other with all this trash talk.

Take it to PMs, this is a
Sale thread

1 week later
#9850 5 years ago

Looking for a Williams Cyclone!

#9864 5 years ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

looking to trade Houdini plus cash for an MMR please
Houdini outright sale is possible as well but need to secure an MMR first. I really like Houdini but the family has spoken about what they want.

That may be the fastest turnaround I’ve ever seen, man you are out of control!

#9868 5 years ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Well I want to keep it, the family does not. And because of what they want I need the funds from it to finance the MM. It happened with Shadow years ago, no one liked it but me so it left too. Such is life.

Too bad. And I hesitate to tell you that MM is going to get boring eventually. Still one of the all time greats though

#9871 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

His family did him a favor considering Houdini is an absolute mess of a game (layout, presentation, etc). Sorry but great move to get MM which is a Pinball classic. Makes perfect sense to me.

Never got MM. I already have 5 fan layout games - always like seeing a new unique layout

#9876 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

so you're saying Houdini is not a fan layout?

Hahah I guess you got me, it pretty much is

#9890 5 years ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Well I think CC is a given I mean what else would you "remake" - TZ, TAF - nope. TOTAN, CV, and TOM would be nice but they wouldn't sell enough of those to warrant doing them.
And yeah I want everything to have that XL display now (or LCD i.e. JJP or new Sterns). I feel completely spoiled by it.

I dunno - having played CC a bunch, I would absolutely rather be in line for TOM or CV at the 6/7k price

#9936 5 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Anyone have a shaker for sale?

I believe there's an AP shaker for sale
For $80 in the market

3 weeks later
#10061 5 years ago

WOZ RR for sale in the market. Great condition, smooth shooter, 2.0 light boards ... arrgh I don’t want to, but other things are pressing right now.

Will trade for STTNG + $$, possibly BSD

#10081 5 years ago

Listed my WOZ - with photos! Have some bills to pay.. Make an offer. I'd like to get a STTNG, so will either sell WOZ outright, or willing to trade + cash..

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-wizard-of-oz-56

#10163 5 years ago

WOZRR still for sale, will trade for STTNG, JD or BSD +cash possibly others

1 week later
#10197 4 years ago

Looking for JD or BSD in reasonable (not necessarily pristine) condition.

#10211 4 years ago
Quoted from Reaper802:

I'm thinking about trading my custom built virtual cabinet. (I might sell for the right price.) I'm about an hour South of Washington DC.
49" 4K playfield, 32" 720P backglass, framed 17" LCD for the DMD at 16"x4". Running Windows 10 on an i5 and a 980TI, 4K performance with no issues. 225 gig SSD with lots of space still available. Visual Pinball 10.6 with Pinball X front-end all setup and ready to roll. It is also set up for Twitch streaming with OBS.
Cabinet is built from quality 3/4" plywood. Custom air release vinyl graphics package. Real pinball machine trim and legs, custom made lock down bar with real lock down receiver. Analog plunger and integrated nudge and tilt, real leaf switches on the flipper buttons.
The machine has performed flawlessly for the past two years and is up-to-date. If you are limited on space it is an amazing option. 70 tables loaded at the moment, pretty much everything in the Pinside Top 50 that can be emulated is on it. It's a great tool to learn rule-sets on just about any machine you can think of.
Doesn't look like I can attach photos in this thread but if anyone is interested just send me a PM, I have a bunch ready to send. I can also setup a Twitch stream if anyone wants to see it perform live.

Does it have force feedback? Pretty critical nowadays

#10218 4 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

Machine - For Trade

AC/DC Luci - Allentown Pinfest

HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) “I purchased this game NIB from Automated Services in March of 2018. It’s an AC/DC Luci Vault produced in 2018. It’s been home use only. I’m not in a hurry to sell but with th...”

6 days ago

Altoona, PA

Trade

TheGunnett

Game is still available. Buyer backed out & F**KED my day up.
I had a deal with a new Pinsider that was driving down from Montreal to Pinfest today. I wasn’t going until Saturday but decided to go today to make the deal. We emailed, talked on the phone several times and texted back and forth. I got texts that he had his money converted into US currency left last evening on he was on the road. I even got a bill of Sale for him for customs.
We were to meet today and he was going to be there from noon until 5. I arrived at 1:00 texted several times and called three times with no response. I ended leaving by 3:30 without even playing a game because of the lines and my honestly I was not in the mood.
I rented a small U-Haul trailer because I have a pickup and the rain forecast, took a day offf work and was stood up. Between waiting 45 minutes to get in to Pinfest and the buyer not showing up my experience at Pinfest was less than Ideal. Lesson learned, deposit up front and “DTA”.

That. SUCKS, Bill. Sorry man

3 weeks later
#10352 4 years ago

Anybody know a good plating place in northern Virginia? Need to get done wireforms and legs brassed

#10371 4 years ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:

I have a customer that has decided they want to sell their Black Rose rather than fix it. I will work on the donation portion separately. It will need board work. One switch diode needs to be soldered back on. Lower jet bumper not working. Otherwise in nice cosmetic condition on playfield and cabinet. He is looking for $1,750.
Email me and I can send a few photos and get you in contact with him. He is in South Riding.
Thanks
Michael

Crap, I have been looking for a BR for quite a while! That’s a steal

#10410 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I’m not a price police officer here. Trust me. I hope he gets 15k. I just think if Wonka stops the run early that Pirates will hit the line again just like WOZ.

Does JJP only run one game at a time? Even AP has 2 lines

#10430 4 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

I’m toying with selling my IJ. I don’t play it and it’s taking up space to sell my house. It’s
Lots of new parts: cabinet and decals. Plays perfect with immaculate boards and brass in and out. Color dmd and no flaws anywhere $9500
Serious buyers only.

Holy Christ. You got that right. I’m gonna have to see pics..

#10448 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinphila:

Machine - For Sale

Sample Twilight Zone

New!

Partially restored (almost original) “Here is a very early sample TZ that is not $64000. Build date is 4/5/1993 and if you look at IPDB, thats the day of production. Whether or not this is correct or not is up for deb...”

14 hours ago

Exton, PA

Pinphila

Damn good price. Sample TZ has significant (better) differences to the production game

#10463 4 years ago

So yes this thread was successful per3per3 needed to sell and I needed to buy MMr. per3per3 and I have talked before but this was our first face to face meeting and transaction. The deal went really smooth and he is a great guy even showed me his VR gear which was very cool. The police escort out of the house was a little over the top but that is how all of my cash transactions end up these days...
ALSO zimjoe True to my word... just PM me your credit card number and I will send send you those pinstadium lights for your Gottlieb Genesis I promised WHAT A Community...Win/Wins all around!!!

What? You got a police escort too?! I had that MMr in the lair for a while. There is no better buyer or seller in NOVA. Man I need to cool it with my extracurricular activities so we can have another party!

#10464 4 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Still have a POTC LE nib if anyone was looking for one

Coz I thought you decided to keep it? Is there a for sale thread?

1 week later
#10525 4 years ago

Looking for a ST or STTNG in the metro area...

#10558 4 years ago
Quoted from yonizzell:

I just wanted to give a shout out to Cliff of Passion for Pinball (Cliffy Protectors). I was going to sell my POTO pinball machine because it was missing the entire magic mirror assembly. To my delight, I discovered that Cliff has remade everything you need for the Magic Mirror including the bracket, spring, mirror, and decal, plus protectors for the rest of the game. All this and it’s reasonably priced as well. He is truly one of the greatest assets to the Pinball hobby!

1,000% yes! I’ve had my eye on a POTO for a while. That one is quite nice

#10562 4 years ago

Great machine and that is more than a good price from a great buyer/seller pinbackpacker .
BTW I think most people tend to sell machines they buy from that jesterfunhouse character...WHAT a SWINDLER have you seen his public buy sell feedback on his pinside profile!

I am getting a huge kick out of these posts. At some point there will be a game (or coin door?) I will be buying..

#10571 4 years ago

I ATTEMPT to sell all parts of the coin door including COIN MECHS of unknown working condition...my only response to this ad (which expired) was someone who had the audacity to ask if I had the time to put a quarter in one to see if they were set to that...like I have have to time to do THAT and post on pinside...take your pick customers its either I yuck it up here or respond to sham for sale ads I post...

LOL

#10580 4 years ago

I keep missing the boat on JJP POTC. Contact me if you’re ready to move on

#10582 4 years ago

I see what you did there...boat/POTC wow the hilarity on this site keeps me chuckling daily...

wish I could take credit for thinking that up... no pun intended is really true in this case!

#10588 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballTilt:

Do what I did and get on a list with a distributor. I believe they'll make more and that's especially true if their distributors have a list going when Jack asks

But I want one NOW!

#10592 4 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

Now! Or early July?

LOL ok fine!

#10597 4 years ago
Quoted from PBMAN:

My JJPOTC LE Sale fell through. FYI if anyone is looking for one.

Quoted from PBMAN:

My JJPOTC LE Sale fell through. FYI if anyone is looking for one.

Lol I am looking to buy some coin mechs!!

Wait, wait...!!

I can’t pick up until July 8 but yes I am looking. I’ll PM you

#10606 4 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

No one buys any games? I’ve bought and sold over 50 games in the last few years for my personal collection.. not counting games I’ve bought just to flip, etc.

It definitely helps if you post um, photos. This is also a slow time, and pricing games that aren’t top-10 games at the high end of the spectrum during the summer.. they are going to sit a while

1 week later
#10633 4 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

150 play Oktoberfest in the marketplace for sale or trade..

Machine - For Sale

Oktoberfest

NOB - New out of box (first owner) “I have a brand new American pinball Oktoberfest for sale or trade.

Manufactured in June of 2019 this game is in brand new condition with only about 150 plays on it.

Comes with to...”

2 days ago

Lehigh Valley, PA

Butch2099

CRAP. 1 POTC or Oktoberfest + STTNG... wow what should i do...

#10646 4 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

Look at your budget, think about what is the most reasonable choice, then go with your heart and do what you instincts tell you

Well, that would be “get all 3”

But really I won’t have the room until March. I’m not in a huge hurry but definitely would not mind enjoying a new game, and I’d like to learn POTC a Bit more

#10659 4 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

anyone interested in an emulator arcade? this is the cabinet kit i used to build it:
https://www.mameroom.com/webstore.asp?productid=UAIIKIT&category=136
comes with an old dell workstation, flatscreen monitor, x-arcade controller and speakers. cabinet has red t-molding, generic sideart and lighted marquee. i have GameEx on it with MAME, NES, SNES and Genesis configured.
$500 for the works or i can part it out, like the cabinet or controller. thank you.

Can it be disassembled? We are adding on to the house and I would need it to be stored away for a bit while they finish

#10682 4 years ago

About to list our beautiful, pristine (fully shopped, metal polished, ramps flame polished, waxed) rare Capcom Pinball Magic. We are starting our construction and I need more room than I thought. TZ (hell no!) and PM got the thumbs down from the family.

#10699 4 years ago

Just Listed a primo Pinball Magic!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-pinball-magic-21

Send me an offer. I also drive to Ohio relatively often, so may be able to meet you or deliver (make it worth my while!)

#10706 4 years ago

Pinball Magic loaded up!

#10709 4 years ago
Quoted from Ockeyhead:

We still have Houdini up for trade in the Pinside Market. I've had several offers, but at this time we are looking for BM66, GOTG & GOT as the top three trade considerations. Houdini will be open for trade until this Wednesday, as I've been offered a local AC/DC Vault. AC/DC was on the backburner list, but will follow through if nothing else transpires. Though Houdini is one of the very few titles that I would reconsider back in the lineup, it's time to switch things up a bit. If you're on the fence, Houdini is a deep, unique, sharpshooters dream that is an excellent machine for home use.

And there’s a code update coming soon which should add some additional heat to the game!

#10721 4 years ago

Looking for a JD for $2500 or less !

2 weeks later
#10820 4 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

I don't get why this person should be outed. I've had plenty of people initially say they were going to buy a machine from me and back out. I've always been in the mindset in this hobby that no sale is final until there is cash in hand, and I never get bent out of shape about it. Sure, it can be a bummer when a sale doesn't happen, but it's a reality. I don't think it is worth shaming people for backing out of a sale, especially in this case where the guy put down a deposit and forfeited it. Maybe I am just old-school in this mindset and the hobby has changed

Agreed - I have even had to do this on rare occasions - sometimes things just come up. My work and life schedule doesn't allow a lot of leeway when I am unable to drive a long distance to pick up a game, and once or twice I've had to back out. Buyers have also flaked on me when I couldnt' make it that exact day and needed to reschedule. it happens.

What I DO think is notable is when a buyer puts down a deposit, backs out, tells the seller to keep the deposit (which is fine), and then tells the seller "Well you should have asked for a bigger deposit" (not fine). That is kind of a d-bag move.

#10827 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I don’t out people unless they do something really douchey. I’ve rarely asked for a deposit, and don’t really believe in keeping them if someone backs out of the deal for a decent reason.
I know this guy personally, I’ve played at his house and sold him a game before. Shit happens.

Word. And that’s the bottom line.

So... What’s next?

3 weeks later
#10926 4 years ago

I think I have a bead on a trade in the Cleveland area, but I’m still looking locally just in case.

2 months later
#11233 4 years ago

Is the game really that bad ?

3 weeks later
#11322 4 years ago

Thinking about trading out my just-shopped (tear-down shop job) player’s STTNG and/or my Hobbit. Let me know what you’ve got! Open to SS games, but I don’t have a lot of space so I can’t do 2-for-1

#11357 4 years ago

Looking for a DILE and CFTBL, need to trade (3-way is fine) or sell STTNG and TH

#11381 4 years ago

Bump looking for a DILE; have TH, STTNG for trade

4 weeks later
#11501 4 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

I'm toying around with the idea of selling my Metallica Pro next month to buy a Stranger Things for my wife. I'm still trying to sell the rest of my family. If you hate your Stranger Things and that trade interest someone, let me know.

You might want to play STh a couple more
Times before you commit to losing your Metallica...

#11542 4 years ago
Quoted from davisjl1979:

Man. All these POTCs going up for sale. Makes you wonder if someone caught wind of them going back on the line.

I doubt it; people are just seeing $$$

2 weeks later
#11619 4 years ago

Putting up a player’s STTNG and Hobbit very soon. PM me if interested

Looking for trades - CFTBL or Elvira HoH

4 weeks later
#11724 4 years ago
Quoted from scottmaggie:

Bueller, Bueller, anyone, anyone?

Kinda pricey dude. Why would you expect people to jump all over these games right away?

Edit: posted much more eloquently up above. He is 100% right on

#11742 4 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

I *love* shitty movies, I'm not dropping 4K on BSD

LOL. seems like there's a lot of hyperinflated, insane pricing going on with older games lately

1 month later
#12006 3 years ago
Quoted from Rolpa:

RFM is now up for trade in the market.

Might want to put a link dude

#12025 3 years ago

Update on this in case anyone cares. The buyer was a pinsider coming from Georgia. Great guy very understanding. Still bought the pin and since I couldnt find a pane of glass I just knocked $100 of the sale and we were square. Feel free to give me LOTS of thumbs down for this incident but give me thumbs up if you like watching the "Mandolorian" for the 8th time like I do during this covid 19 shutdown...

I believe it’s “Mandalorian” but my spellcheck also marks it wrong so YMMV!

1 week later
#12071 3 years ago
Quoted from tp:

Anybody got a 'great deal' on an rob zombie? Looking for 1 owner le with all the upgrades. Never played and read all the hate. Yes I've checked my temperature and I'm without fever. .could be temporary insanity...

You could ship the one from Utah. That's a rock bottom price

#12096 3 years ago
Quoted from New2IT:

Hi folks, brand new Pinside member here living in Maryland (a bit west of Baltimore). I've never purchased a Pinball machine before but my buddy's 30th is coming up and I'd like to buy him one as a gift. We used to head over to a pinball bar weekly and I know he's bummed he can't play pinball with everything shut down. His birthday is next week, so I'm in this thread hoping I can find something close enough to pick up.
* Budget is $1000-$2000~, could go a bit higher if it was a decent deal on a cool machine.
* Preferably a more modern machine (90s+) with enough bells and whistles to keep someone occupied if it's their only pin.
* Condition isn't as big of a deal as long as it's fun and works - if his first one hooks him on ownership maybe he'll start a collection.
Anyone have something they want to part with that might work?

Wish you a lot of luck - there really aren't many (any?) working 90's machines in the less-than-2K area, but start looking, who knows what you might find!

1 week later
#12153 3 years ago
Quoted from Turboghia:

Going to post my Black Rose $2500 obo, new rubber, new 2835 comets leds, new coil, all four leg brackets are new, new leg bolts and levelers, Cliffy protector over cannon...other new parts.

Great game; would love to see the photos

1 week later
#12190 3 years ago

Looking for a TAF under $3k...

1 week later
#12238 3 years ago
Quoted from Camvr2013:

WTB: Black Rose for around $2k. Yes I know about the one in MD for $3500. Not looking to spend that much on a Black Rose. Thanks!

Ooh me too!

3 weeks later
#12378 3 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Hate to do this to ya:
Comma’s always go inside of quotes.
"let's start with your grammar", not "you grammar."

Late-breaking D weigh-in!!

Commas only go inside quotes in MLA style American grammar. UK writers use commas outside quotes all the time. Further, since we mostly write in digital media now, the convention is irrelevant. It’s fallen into that same space as the double-space after periods. No need any longer, but we mostly still do it.

#12391 3 years ago

This thread is cracking me up!

1 week later
#12451 3 years ago
Quoted from PinBackpacker:

Someone buy my Big Lebowski.

Machine - For Sale

The Big Lebowski - plus about $1K mods/extras

New!

HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) “For sale is a HUO The Big Lebowski. $15,000/OBO. Not looking for any trades at this time.

Original owner, purchased from Cointaker less than a year ago. Game works 100% with no...”

5 hours ago

Aldie, VA

15,000 (OBO)

PinBackpacker

Crap, that is not a bad deal at all when you compare it to the POTCs for sale lately

3 weeks later
#12565 3 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

I’ve noticed that too. Premium price close to pro From a few years ago

There are a LOT of games at almost firesale prices that are just sitting.

#12571 3 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

Now formally listed. TMNT LE

w

Machine - For Trade

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (LE)

New!
Featured!

NOB - New out of box (first owner) “Just a few weeks old, just 48 plays. Has a few Pinmonk light mods. Cash or bank wire only, no PayPal.

Open to partial trades plus cash. Shipping OK, but you arrange.

Here's a ...”

15 hours ago

Fredericksburg, VA

Trade

Navystan

Holy crap. This game must be worse than Munsters

#12574 3 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

No, not true. I have owned JP2, Munsters, GOTG, and BM66, all from Stern. I think TMNT is more fun to play than any of these. But, I have a small collection (3) and I think I want to get another Jersey Jack pin or wait for their next one.

Gotcha, sorry didn’t meant to derail the thread!

1 week later
#12618 3 years ago
Quoted from whoknowsgoi:

WTB Elvira House of Horrors

Yes you do!

#12631 3 years ago
Quoted from hockeymutt:

Avoid baller88 at all cost, you’ve been warned. I’m giving him 24 hours to make it right. Before I’ll explain what happened. Talking to others in our area it’s a common practice.

Huh? Do tell - Rob is a good guy and has done quite a few deals for quite a few Pinsiders. Are you the guy who bought the Twilight Zone?

#12644 3 years ago
Quoted from wxforecaster:

An abrasive NY router type perhaps, but I've bought several games from Rob at the advertised price, and brought them home without issue. Both times I expected a full on project, but he'd actually done a lot of the legwork himself already and I was pleasantly surprised. You have to assume, just like Lloyd at Coinopwarehouse, that you're paying a discount for a machine that's been routed and has cosmetic and/or mechanical issues. Go in with that mind set and his pricing is great and yes, you need to be quick.

Almost identical to my experience. I've also sold Rob a couple machines at reasonable prices.

3 weeks later
#12761 3 years ago
Quoted from BrettRS:

Other - Wanted

New Purchaser Wanting Working, Complete Machine < $1000

New!

Wanted! “Hello Pinsiders!

My name is Brett and I am located in Hagerstown, Maryland. I am looking to purchase a pinball machine this month and I am willing to travel ~ 150 miles to pick up...”

39 minutes ago

Hagerstown, MD

Wanted

BrettRS

For a sub-$1000 machine you might want to check EM sales - you could get a pretty nice one

#12765 3 years ago
Quoted from BrettRS:

Got my eyes on a Royal Flush here locally.

NIIICE

312 posts in this topic match your search for posts by rdoyle1978. You are on page 1 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rdoyle1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-fs-in-maryland-right-now-maryland-fs-thread?tu=rdoyle1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.