(Topic ID: 92448)

What's FS in Maryland,Va,DC,Pa,De right now ? Md and surrounding area FS Thread.

By stretch2

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,034 posts
  • 931 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 30 hours ago by Nicholastree
  • Topic is favorited by 561 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20160803_162543_(resized).jpg
20160722_211350_(resized).jpg
mame_(resized).jpg
20160513_190649_(resized).jpg
20160513_190611_(resized).jpg
20160513_190934_(resized).jpg
20160513_190936_(resized).jpg
20160718_201832_(resized).jpg
20160718_201822_(resized).jpg
20160718_201617_(resized).jpg
20160718_201515_(resized).jpg
20160718_201508_(resized).jpg
20160718_201426_(resized).jpg
20160718_201458_(resized).jpg
20160718_201434_(resized).jpg
20160718_201353_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrwizzo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#652 9 years ago

Looking to sell my 2010 Ironman and Shadow.

I am the second owner of the IM; first one was a high end owner, a doctor in tennessee.

It has a shaker motor, red display filter, under playfield struts, hard-wired real knocker, clear cab leg protectors and manual. It comes with a spare unopened Iron Monger figurine and an aftermarket decal for the Monger lid. Price is $5400.

Shadow is pristine and has a custom lighting kit. $3800.

I am located near Dulles airport in northern virginia.

Dan

#658 9 years ago

Somebody buy that R&B. Great feature that it recognizes death saves. I think others from that era had it also.

It was my first non EM. I will get another one one day. Not necessarily a great pin, but a lot of fun if you liked the cartoon and grew up during the cold war. Very nostalgic.

Dan

#664 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

When do you expect your Nemo?

Haven't had an update in a while, but Antonio is diligent in reporting updates. Even money on which shows up first, Nemo or my restored F-14.

Dan

1 week later
#696 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

Jeez Dan you STILL don't have that F14 in your possession yet
BTW your TS is awesome....all the ramps switching and mini PF got my pinball adrenaline rushing when I played it....was my first time. I will own one someday...got me hooked.

Nope, not yet, but it is getting down to the wire. Should have it sometime this Spring. Pretty sure given the restorer's work, it will be worth the wait. Need to free up a spot anyway, which is always the case.

Dan

#697 9 years ago

Lowering price of HUO 2010 IronMan to $5100.

Gottlieb High Hand, very good cabinet, minor flaking on bg, playfield looks like it has been cleared, $850.

Dan

8 months later
#2016 8 years ago

Shadow, pristine with custom lighting kit, 3800.

High Hand, very nice all around, 850.

Northern Va.

Dan

1 month later
#2366 8 years ago

Just put four games up on DC Craigslist:

Cirqus Voltaire. 7800
Ironman 2010. 5400
Shadow. 3800
High Hand. 850

Dan

#2389 8 years ago
Quoted from MrWizzo:

Cirqus Voltaire. 7800
Ironman 2010. 5400
Shadow. 3800
High Hand. 850
Dan

CV is sold unless it turns out to be one of the special boomarang editions like Joe's.

#2432 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Mine is the nicest/cleanest all original ive ever encountered of any b/w pins

Mine is a sample with 3rd magnet that speaks three languages and scored a 1540 on the SAT.

#2439 8 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

1540 is pretty damned good on the SAT!

Yeah, but it's still living at home in the basement.

#2442 8 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

Needs to be shopped or needs a shop job, needs shopped? Why does pinball and grammar not like to get along.

Not a question of grammar, but dialect. Deletion of the infinitive " to be" is regional to Western PA and maybe eastern Ohio as well.

#2454 8 years ago
Quoted from albummydavis:

Central PA also. My mother's family is from Carlisle, PA, and my wife is always freaking out about how I do this. I've been told it's really odd combined with my NY accent.

Yeah. I remember when I went to the main campus of PSU from philly and first heard "yins gon donton?" and "floor needs warshed".

I thought the whole world said " youse guys" and "waawk and taawk and drink whudder."

#2455 8 years ago

CV was picked up today. Sold for 7,500.

#2468 8 years ago
Quoted from krazyball:

Yeah, I know, the clock board is bad, that and two broken plastics and otherwise the game is mint. It isn't going anywhere anytime soon. I plan on modding it out. Yeah, Randy's a cool dude, I've been buying stuff from him for awhile now.

I have several NOS plastic sets for TZ. PM me if interested. Yes, they are NOS.

Also, rebuilding the clock boards not that troublesome.

#2469 8 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

I'm looking to buy either Tz or IM. Have found 3 Tz but they are all far away. If one of you locals decide to sell let me know asap

Come down to Herndon and check out my HUO IM.

As an incentive, I'll take you to Jimmy's, a bar and grill set up by Buffalo transplants that show all Bills and Sabres game. It is such a great place it makes me wish I was a Buffalo fan!

Dan

#2478 8 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Nice win over the Caps by Sabres last night. Sounds fun.

My two favorite teams are the flyers and whoever is playing the caps, who are stacked with oshie and Williams now.

Do think it is their year.

#2517 8 years ago
Quoted from MrWizzo:

Cirqus Voltaire. 7800
Ironman 2010. 5400
Shadow. 3800
High Hand. 850
Dan

CV and IM are sold.

AFM may be sold. Messed up editing this post and cannot figure out how to restore it. Original deleted part I posted on the AFM is quoted in Pinballerchef's post below.

DOH! Dan

#2519 8 years ago

Plaeyed this AFM and it was my first time on an AFM....it's a clean and great playing pin. This will be a "Grail" of mine someday! Of all the crazy priced pins out there this one deserves to be in that catergory. GL man!!

Thanks, Sean. We need to take in a hockey game again.

#2531 8 years ago

Plaeyed this AFM and it was my first time on an AFM....it's a clean and great playing pin. This will be a "Grail" of mine someday! Of all the crazy priced pins out there this one deserves to be in that catergory. GL man!!

AFM sold tonight for asking price of $7500.

All that is left now is THE SHADOW.

#2532 8 years ago

Yes sir! Maybe next season...I want to make sure we have a fighting chance at seeing a W since it's a whole day thing. They don't seem to have an identity this season.

I am impressed with what they have been doing lately. Think Hex and Haks may work out well.

#2535 8 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I'd love to buy that shadow...the timing just isn't right...

When you get down to n.Va., let know. Come over and play it.

#2540 8 years ago
Quoted from krazyball:

Your Shadow is amazing, if I had the cash on hand I would be all over it. Thanks for the plastics and letting me play. Now I want a Wizard of Oz...

Thanks Jeff. Nice to meet you and your little boy. Cute kid for sure. Glad I had the plastics you needed.

#2544 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

It does seem it has went up some which I can understand . It has more going on than many more expensive pins from the 90s and has a great theme. It is also thousands cheaper than other highly regarded pins .

I think it also holds the record for most new patents for a pinball at least through the closing of B/W. Unsure that is still true.

#2634 8 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Hangover.
I'm just glad we haven't lost power. Surprisingly, I don't know anyone who has.

20160123_165100_(resized).jpg20160123_165832_(resized).jpg

Tried a draft old snap the other day. Liked it. Put an orange in it. Reminded me of blue moon.

#2637 8 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

It reminded me of blue moon as well. I've since moved on to liquor.

Get a good barleywine. Very potent brew.

#2639 8 years ago

MK,

Is St. Peters where the EM arcade is?

Dan

#2664 8 years ago

The initials of the complete name of the wizard of oz spell Oz Pinhead.

Truth is stranger than fiction.

#2672 8 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

Sure is. I shot a quick video there last weekend on my way home from work so I could update the list of machines there.
I love that place, am there almost every weekend (he's only open Sat & Sun, noon-5pm).

I gotta get up there. Been on my list for a while. Can you upload the video?

I spoke to the owner once, and he seems like a really great guy.

#2673 8 years ago
Quoted from mtbpinball:

I thought this was a "what's for sale thread?"

Traditionally, pinball festivus is celebrated in the latter half of January.

#2689 8 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

I can if you'd like, but I just watched it and it's literally a quick walk through the arcade with the backglasses full frame. A bit dizzying, only shot so I could make a list of his current games. I had noticed there's no entry on pinballmap.com and the one on here hasn't been updated since 2012 so a couple great titles are missing so I figured I'd get it all together. And yeah, Bob's a sweetheart. I'm all dug out, tempted to hike over there and see if he's open. =)
» YouTube video

Thanks. I didn't realize there were that many arcade games there. Several EMs there I cannot ever remember playing. Looking forward to seeing the list you put together.

Dan

#2698 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Yes.

No.

It does.

Yes. That's your choice to stop before the entire restoration is finished. I don't, and that's my choice. It's also the way HEP and other top restorers do things...which in my opinion are completely and correctly.
Sorry for any offense. I just didn't understand the thinking behind it.

And what about Naomi?

#2712 8 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Ok to get this thread back on topic I'm going to offer one of my pins for sale!
Nope, tried that before and couldn't let any go. So I am going to offer a bag of used screws from an EM Gotlieb playfield tear down. Only 10 bucks for the bag. Sorry no pictures it's a mystery bag. Shipping will be exact cost.

Why aren't you providing all details? What do you have to hide? Paper bag, plastic, zip lock, twist tie? Sheesh!

#2714 8 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Pinsiders are soo touchy!
But seriously I see you have a few EM's I did tear down a couple EM playfields and saved everything from them. I have more then one bag, probably a large box of several bags. If interested PM me.

PM sent.

#2733 8 years ago

Used MB playfield. Factory mylars. No raised inserts. Treasure Cove decal. Drac trak repaired. Scoop hole repaired but would use a cliffy. Happy to include one if I can find it. $525 plus shipping.

Dan

IMG_20160123_115325648_(resized).jpgIMG_20160123_115325648_(resized).jpg

IMG_20160108_115957541_TOP_(resized).jpgIMG_20160108_115957541_TOP_(resized).jpg

IMG_20160108_115931363_(resized).jpgIMG_20160108_115931363_(resized).jpg

IMG_20160108_115905739_(resized).jpgIMG_20160108_115905739_(resized).jpg

IMG_20160108_115949732_(resized).jpgIMG_20160108_115949732_(resized).jpg

IMG_20160108_115849965_(resized).jpgIMG_20160108_115849965_(resized).jpg

IMG_20160108_115825751_(resized).jpgIMG_20160108_115825751_(resized).jpg

#2743 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Wv, va,, pa, dc, md , nj, are all well within driving distance imo .

I guess the furthest I have driven from Herndon VA was up to Ashbury Park to get a WW from Barry many years ago about 4 hours , and to pick up what was my AFM from an operator in Swansboro NC about 6.5 hours, which he delivered to my house on Emerald Isle free of charge.

Used to rue shipping costs, but with games appreciating the way they do, I have never lost any money on a game and that includes shipping.

#2787 8 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

I'm just waiting for a motivated seller .

Buffalo 66,

One thing to ask about as you look for a TZ, and you may already know this, is that some factory translites were produced with some of the larger stars at the top center as cutouts. Do not think 1) many were made like this and 2) they correspond to proto, sample or production runs.

2 weeks later
#2964 8 years ago

TZ meh? Taylor, c'mon...at the time it was an engineering marvel with the most new patents ever for a pinball. May still be.

The game captured so many memorable moments of one of the best shows ever. It may be hard to appreciate how insightful Serling was unless you lived through the fear of the sixties.

Pinball captures so many aspects of life: technology; culture; engineering; music; art. Games like TZ and Creech capture perfectly those aspects in an integrated manner.

You are the best skilled player I have met and know personally, so the gameplay may get old as it does for me too, and I am no where near your skills. But to dismiss the game summarily is really beneath you, in my opinion.

The only game that may have had such an impact on pinball is WOZ, with good reason, whether one likes that or not.

Whether you like it or not, the game's impact can't be denied and so is unmehable

#2966 8 years ago

I hope Taylor knows me well enough to know I wasn't attacking him.

Tearing a game apart does help appreciate it in terms of design, but not sure it will do anything for gameplay. It did for me and TZ. Really a lot of cool stuff going on in there.

Maybe I do not properly understand "meh". It seems to me to mean a dismissive indifference more than a dislike. I do not love TZ, but I appreciate it for what it is. Creech I love.

Take for example AC/DC. Never liked the band or it's music and no desire to play the pin because of the theme, BUT clearly there is a lot of cool design in the game. I can say I may not like the game because of its theme, but I cannot declare it meh, because it is a substantial pin in terms of design and depth, but just not to my liking.

Now for me, meh is something like Striker Extreme. Nothing innovative in design or gameplay.

#2971 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Now THAT'S something we can all agree on!

Okay, I'm in!

#2993 8 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

TZ is a Zizzle compared to WOZ.

As is true for most when compared to WOZ, yet pretty high praise for Zizzle.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrwizzo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-fs-in-maryland-right-now-maryland-fs-thread?tu=mrwizzo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.