(Topic ID: 92448)

What's FS in Maryland,Va,DC,Pa,De right now ? Md and surrounding area FS Thread.

By stretch2

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,047 posts
  • 931 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 26 minutes ago by Boatshoe
  • Topic is favorited by 561 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20160803_162543_(resized).jpg
20160722_211350_(resized).jpg
mame_(resized).jpg
20160513_190649_(resized).jpg
20160513_190611_(resized).jpg
20160513_190934_(resized).jpg
20160513_190936_(resized).jpg
20160718_201832_(resized).jpg
20160718_201822_(resized).jpg
20160718_201617_(resized).jpg
20160718_201515_(resized).jpg
20160718_201508_(resized).jpg
20160718_201426_(resized).jpg
20160718_201458_(resized).jpg
20160718_201434_(resized).jpg
20160718_201353_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frogman70.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3979 7 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Those are MSRP prices... you have to call to get a price. I've actively heard (read: recent) other collectors fetching offers between $4700-$4900 shipped to door.
As for mods, they can certainly add some value, but it really depends on what they are. Color DMD is pretty much something that you can ask near full price for (or, alternatively, pull it and keep it for a future game). Other mods, however, are catch as catch can. There are some ACDC mods (for example) that are worth more now than when they were new (they add to the game experience and are no longer available)... the walking dead prison tower is another example. It's tough to find right now and isn't currently being made (Marco just sold its final 3 towers for $50 over the original price). Other mods, like cab lights, etc, are sunken money...the same can almost be said for LED conversion.
Not trying to bust your chops... your game, stock, isn't worth the $4800 or $4900 that a NIB stock game is worth because the NIB games are still available. If those games were no longer available and the market was hot for the title, then, yes, value might be more. So, I think you're starting point might be a tad high. I could be completely wrong on this, but that's what my gut is telling me!

Who can I call to get a nib pro for 4700-4900? Sense stern raised their prices I have not been given a quote under $5500. Please tell me who to call?

#3980 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I don't want this to seem like a pile on.. since some people have already responded with some insight on the actual pricing out there. Some simple guidance there is, don't go on advertised prices for NIB games, you actually have to talk to people and get past the 'oh, you are random person who found me on google?' sales response and get the actual 'you are a hobbyist buyer who doesn't pay retail' response
As for used prices... I have personally been involved in 3 MET Pro sales in the last 8 months all in the price range I mentioned right here in NoVA.
Darin sold a significantly mod'd minty HUO MET Pro to a friend for $4500 back in april - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-fs-in-maryland-right-now-maryland-fs-thread/page/2?tu=bigd1979#post-3071939
I bought a barely played, flawless HUO MET Pro with moderate mods (shaker, art, lightning rails, etc) from houseofpin for $4500 back in December. - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-fs-in-maryland-right-now-maryland-fs-thread?tq&tu=houseofpin#post-2819919
I know of lightly routed MET Pro LED that sold to another local guy for well under that number as well (I won't quote it as I don't know if the price was public)
When I was shopping, my target price was $4200 for a non-LED MET Pro... I paid more based on the basically NIB game+mods and location.
It's a high volume production game, and its still being made... so you aren't getting price appreciation at this point. It's just about how much value has the game kept, based on condition, location, and then what add-ons are on.
Again, not trying to pile on... just sharing some hands on experience with the game sales of late. Good luck with what you choose with your game.

Darin sold his met pro in 3 hours and the one u bought didn't take much longer then that, so I don't think that's an indication of market value? Also I have called MANY dealers and have not found a new pro for under $5600 shipped. So imo used pro prices have increased sense there previous nib shipped price of $4500

#3983 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I have not shopped games in the last few months... but I know at Allentown quoted prices (and this was immediately AFTER the whole stern fixed pricing thing) were $5100 if I recall (cointaker and trent) for GB pro. And since then, I'm sure the games of how to get around that have come around. You'll note I'm not quoting NIB prices.. only stating that the owner is competing with NIB availability.
Popular games sell right away when priced right. If your game doesn't sell in days in this area, you probably have it priced wrong or its a game people aren't really into. People always want to talk about what they THINK games are worth... I cited examples of transactions I was actually *IN*. Proof is in the pudding.
If you don't like my cites... you can try these listings
$4600 for HUO plus expensive mods from
Edit: WTF.. stupid forum software chewed up my URLs to market place ads - I'm not doing it again. Go research the marketplace archive.. you'll see routed games from 4000, clean games from 4300, and heavily mod'd ones available for 4700. All within the last few months

NIB for $5100 sounds about right with new prices because Trent an coin takers have quoted $5600 shipped. Unfortunately most people have to have nib pins shipped. I just think popular used pro prices will increase with the new pricing. I'm not a big fan of nib with sterns warranties. It's not like they send a tech to yr ourselves to fix it and if sideart is damaged or wrinkled, they don't replace the pin. They send u a new set of decals for your nib damaged pin. I prefer huo proven pins that u can verify condition. Just my 2 cents

PS anyone who sells a pins In 3 hours, sold it too cheap

#3985 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

You definitely can get pros still under 5 shipped at mostly any distro on east coast... premiums had a 300 -400 increase to 6700 shipped . Pros use to be 4600-4700 and are now 4900-5 shipped. People need to stop paying the 5500 for a pro or that willbe the new price for everyone which is getting ridiculous . Thats over 1200-1300 from where you use to be able to get a met when it first came out(4200'-4300).

So tell me who to call! Everyone keeps saying u can but no one says who?????? Trent, cointaker and JJ have always been the best price and I just talked to them and got $5600, so one more time PLEASE tell me WHO?

#3987 7 years ago

I don't see paying over $600 for shipping on top of East coast shipping and yes before I paid $4500 shipped for pros and now sterns is price fixing to $5600

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frogman70.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-fs-in-maryland-right-now-maryland-fs-thread?tu=frogman70 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.