(Topic ID: 92448)

What's FS in Maryland,Va,DC,Pa,De right now ? Md and surrounding area FS Thread.

By stretch2

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,042 posts
  • 931 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by Sweetwillie
  • Topic is favorited by 561 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20160803_162543_(resized).jpg
20160722_211350_(resized).jpg
mame_(resized).jpg
20160513_190649_(resized).jpg
20160513_190611_(resized).jpg
20160513_190934_(resized).jpg
20160513_190936_(resized).jpg
20160718_201832_(resized).jpg
20160718_201822_(resized).jpg
20160718_201617_(resized).jpg
20160718_201515_(resized).jpg
20160718_201508_(resized).jpg
20160718_201426_(resized).jpg
20160718_201458_(resized).jpg
20160718_201434_(resized).jpg
20160718_201353_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider emkay.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2125 8 years ago
Quoted from Memodellocos:

HOP is your machine list updated? I might like to meet you to help you "maintain" your pinball machines some day

I get that same bug sometimes when I see sweet collections near me. After pincrawling all around Pittsburgh over Thanksgiving, it's worse than ever.

#2173 8 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

Partnered up with my buddy on a few machines

A lot of those links don't work for me.

#2180 8 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

I'm sorry, I'm not sure why.

That fixed it.. Dunno but tnx.

3 weeks later
#2277 8 years ago
Quoted from 80spit:

Just want to post that myself and a buddy went down to check out gameon46 we were there all afternoon and picked up 5 pins from him.

Mental note: get to know my neighbor-pinheads!

#2305 8 years ago

That was a nice IJ, really wish I had room for it.

2 weeks later
#2579 8 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

Everything lol (I'm drunk)

Man, I wish I was too. I have to work in the morning and the snow is falling at a pretty good clip now.

Quoted from flynnibus:

Having a 'collectors club' where people can associate and vet each other provides that filtering mechanism for people to establish a rapore with each other and get comfortable.

Yeah, I definitely agree. Being rather new to the hobby, I'm realizing how many serious folks there are near me but don't for one second feel comfortable insinuating myself into their circles. However, the few get-togethers I've gone to after reading about them on here have been really enjoyable. Like you said, I haven't met anyone who made me regret the acquaintance.

#2606 8 years ago

I was supposed to be at work this morning. Got a few miles from the house before I realized the futility and followed the plow back home... Time to order all the parts on my list.

#2638 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinman52:

What happened was the guys ganged up on him. Even getting to the point of be disrespectful and antagonistic.

That wasn't what I saw. Even my brief PM encounter with him was hostile and that was before the shtf. A grown ass man ten years my senior shouldn't be flipping the fuck out like that.

#2669 8 years ago
Quoted from MrWizzo:

Is St. Peters where the EM arcade is?

Sure is. I shot a quick video there last weekend on my way home from work so I could update the list of machines there.

I love that place, am there almost every weekend (he's only open Sat & Sun, noon-5pm).

#2683 8 years ago
Quoted from MrWizzo:

I gotta get up there. Been on my list for a while. Can you upload the video?
I spoke to the owner once, and he seems like a really great guy.

I can if you'd like, but I just watched it and it's literally a quick walk through the arcade with the backglasses full frame. A bit dizzying, only shot so I could make a list of his current games. I had noticed there's no entry on pinballmap.com and the one on here hasn't been updated since 2012 so a couple great titles are missing so I figured I'd get it all together. And yeah, Bob's a sweetheart. I'm all dug out, tempted to hike over there and see if he's open. =)

#2691 8 years ago
Quoted from MrWizzo:

Thanks. I didn't realize there were that many arcade games there. Several EMs there I cannot ever remember playing. Looking forward to seeing the list you put together.
Dan

https://pinside.com/pinball/map/where-to-play/village-arcade-saint-peters-pa-united-states

Got the one on here updated, will do the one on pinballmap.com next.

You're welcome,
matt

#2730 8 years ago

Seriously! I saw a pin listed in WV recently and thought, "Hey I have family in WV..." A little Google mapping and discovered my WV people were 5 hours away from it and I'm only half that. There are a couple pins I've seen on here that I would have split the shipping on but passed because I didn't have the time to go get them and didn't like the deal once the cost of shipping was included, assuming the seller was even willing to ship.

#2745 8 years ago

I actually do have a work van to sell but it's not set up for moving pins as-is. It's an '02 Chevy Express 1500 panel van with the barn doors and a full bulkhead. Also has ladder racks on the roof and drawers/shelves/fire box/etc. in the back, which I'd imagine you'd want to pull out to make room for pins. Nice soft rubber floor though, games ought to slide in and out easily.

Bought it from Sprint at 62K, think I'm up to ~160K. Left over from a business I sold 1.5 years ago, vinyl graphics removed but could use a bit of touch-up. Brand new heater core & blower, only a couple K miles on the tires at most. Has a hitch receiver but the wiring harness was dragged to death.

#2747 8 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

If someone needs a pin moving van, I highly recommend a Toyota Previa. Can buy one for under $2000 and remove the seats and you have enough space for 3 pins plus gear. Plus it's a Toyota, so it'll run a long time.

Where can you buy one for under $2000? I rarely even see them on the road, let alone for sale. Didn't they stop bringing them here like twenty years ago?

2 weeks later
#2994 8 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Anyways, as for the slightly off topic post. I was visiting Baltimore yesterday and I just happened to stumble upon the website http://www.pinballmap.com

pinballmap.com is great and gave me a pin-route through the Pittsburgh area over the Thanksgiving holiday... got to play lots of great pinball along the way and updated every place i stopped aside from Kickback and Coinophof.

2 weeks later
#3150 8 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Actually, Pennsylvania Dutch people come from Germany. Or Deutschland as pronounced in native language.

Mostly. Swiss and French too but yeah.. I speak a wee bit of dutch, just enough to piss 'em off. Sure don't miss living among them!

2 weeks later
#3300 8 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

R&R Games in Birdsboro had a Mousin' Around forever, did you check with them?

I work right by there, I can stop in and check tomorrow.

#3302 8 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

R&R Games in Birdsboro had a Mousin' Around forever, did you check with them?

I stopped in today, they sold Mousin' Around approximately 6 months ago. They did have a CQ Cirqus Voltaire for $7K though...

#3345 8 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Yeah. That CV is gorgeous. Tony said its HUO, is in amazing condition.

I don't know what to believe, Ben said it was a barn find under a pile of leaves. Either way, it may very well be the nicest CV I've ever seen. My first thought on playing it was that the rollovers on The Hobbit need to be as smooth as these.

#3350 8 years ago

That CV is at:

RR Games
531 West Ben Franklin Hwy (Rt 422)
Birdsboro, PA 19508
610-582-1503
www.rrgames.com

#3355 8 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Thanks, haven't been there in awhile.

They had about a half dozen machines, varying in desirability but all the ones I looked at appeared to be freshly shopped. I got the impression they turn them over but not at a high rate. Stopping by only adds about five minutes to my commute from work so I'll gladly survey the situation anytime somebody wants, get a pin-quickie before I go home. Hell, if I thought they'd let me I'd stop in with a sixer on Fridays!

1 week later
#3381 8 years ago
Quoted from akm:

Man, I'd be all over that Mystic if I had the money. GLWTS!

I was just thinking the same thing except distance instead of money... I would love to have one of those.

#3397 8 years ago
Quoted from Glarrownage:

Thanks guys! I really wanted to restore this one, I've always liked the art.

Same here, have long been into occult/numerology plus I've a sweet spot for early-SS Ballys. Late EM Ballys too, now that I think about it.

Gonna need a bigger basement!

#3398 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I have a metallica pro for sale

Wife over shoulder: "Tell him we'll take it!"

Gonna need a bigger paycheck to go with that basement.

GLWS!

#3409 8 years ago
Quoted from Turtle:

Update is has been sold.

Oh cool! To one of us, do ya know? Gives me a reason to stop in again sometime to see what they replaced it with. There was a nice WCS '93 last time I stopped but it was down waiting for a circuit board.

#3414 8 years ago

Awesome dude, congrats! It is really a cherry example... I only played it once but was pretty impressed with it. I did probably leave some drool on the glass but they had to have wiped it down since then. Glad it worked out for you.

1 month later
#3539 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinphila:

Jrobinson has a kissle he is selling. I would message him

He's not parting with LE #2 is he?!

3 weeks later
#3716 7 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Jay is selling the one from the Railroad. Currently listed for 7k.

Oh man, I wish I had the extra in the budget. I've played his machine a lot, as recently as this week. It's got everything I'd want - Luci, Helen, ColorDMD, etc. Actually surprised he's letting it go.

#3724 7 years ago

I'll bet the above posts are correct - Premium, not a Luci. I'm not as up on the various iterations...

#3725 7 years ago
Quoted from Mike_M:

Loved that game, first time I had played AC/DC and ended up really enjoying it. That place had a killer collection of pins in general.

Jay is a genius at getting pins perfectly dialled in. His AMH plays more smoothly than I ever would have imagined possible, I've really fallen in love with it.

1 week later
#3793 7 years ago
Quoted from locksmith:

Someone should jump on the Naamco bowl o rama its a great game and the price is great.Im a pin guy but this game is sweet

I have to admit, I love it too. I was looking at the pictures on CL thinking, if I still smoked...

4 months later
#4850 7 years ago
Quoted from Jesterfunhouse:

I think Don's BoP turned a lot of heads at the York show. Lots of people will be looking for a BoP now so I think also the price will go up to get one...Thanks a lot Burningman!!!! LOL

It certainly did turn a lot of heads at York and I have to admit, the first time I saw it (Allentown, I think?) I started looking into the 2.0 kit because I was so floored. I played a BoP 2.0 at Kickback in Pittsburgh last Thanksgiving that was also very nice.

2 weeks later
#5021 7 years ago

Never seen "new balls" listed as an update/mod before. What are you guys paying for powered subs these days?

http://imgur.com/a/cmMqt

2 weeks later
#5149 7 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

What makes Scared Stiff so expensive? Is it that fun or just the theme? I never "got" the allure of the Elvira character. I've played the games, but they didn't really stand out to me.

Dunno, I've noticed SS going up in price and becoming harder to find lately for sure. It is a great title but something else has got to be pushing it up if it's encroaching on AFM/MB territory.

1 week later
#5276 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinphila:

I see they are for sale already. What do you want for EBD

Ooh perfect, I'll buy it from you when you're tired of it!

1 week later
#5361 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

Home use only The Hobit Special Edtion.

I was thinking Smaug Edition...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider emkay.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-fs-in-maryland-right-now-maryland-fs-thread?tu=emkay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.