(Topic ID: 92448)

What's FS in Maryland,Va,DC,Pa,De right now ? Md and surrounding area FS Thread.

By stretch2

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,034 posts
  • 931 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 hours ago by Nicholastree
  • Topic is favorited by 561 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20160803_162543_(resized).jpg
20160722_211350_(resized).jpg
mame_(resized).jpg
20160513_190649_(resized).jpg
20160513_190611_(resized).jpg
20160513_190934_(resized).jpg
20160513_190936_(resized).jpg
20160718_201832_(resized).jpg
20160718_201822_(resized).jpg
20160718_201617_(resized).jpg
20160718_201515_(resized).jpg
20160718_201508_(resized).jpg
20160718_201426_(resized).jpg
20160718_201458_(resized).jpg
20160718_201434_(resized).jpg
20160718_201353_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MrFancy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8468 5 years ago

Hey, everybody... it's time for my first pin! I have always liked pinball, but just recently became an addict, and it just so happens I'm also moving from an apartment in Washington DC near some great places to pay to a house in the suburbs in Silver Spring, MD near no good places to play. So- time to take the plunge. I've done a fair bit of research and here's what I'm looking for:

First choice would be a pin in $1,000-$2,500 range that makes the Pinside Top 100 SS List (or maybe top 150 or so). I'm OK with some cosmetic issues and not picky about the theme either, but it's got to be a well designed game that plays perfectly. I've seen a few like this in the Classified listings, but none that were in the area.

I would also consider spending more for a good deal. If you've got something more expensive that's burning a hole in your game room and you're willing to let it go at a discount, let me know. As above I'm mainly looking to play the thing, so it would have to be one that's fun to play and gets good reviews... MM, Houdini, AfM, Simpson's Pinball Party would all fit the bill.

I'm in Washington DC, willing to drive up to 3 hours to pick it up (or longer than that if it's towards or in Pittsburgh, I have family there). Definitely would want to play the game before buying it.

Let me know if anyone's got anything... I'll be psyched if you do!

Ben

2 weeks later
#8549 5 years ago

Not a FS but I just learned that the guy who owns VUK just opened a new location in College Park MD right off 495 that has 29 pins! It’s part of the Mom’s Organic Market on Rhode Island Ave... less than 15 min from my new house, can’t wait to check it out!

#8555 5 years ago

Same building as the College Park Mom’s...I assume the pins aren’t literally in the aisles of the grocery store, though that would be kinda cool!

I couldn’t find any mention of it at all on the Mom’s website, which is weird, but if you Google there are local news stories about it. The Pinball Map app already has a list of all the games.

#8562 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

That is great, and a huge step up from Players Club, which is real nice but boy is it hard to get people into pinball at $1 a game on STERN SW

If you are looking for places to play in the District the two best are the Black Cat at 14th and R and Lyman's Tavern further up 14th a little past Columbia Heights. Black Cat emphasizes older machines, doesn't open until late, and can get crowded with a hipster element that isn't playing pinball. Still, good place to play with about 15 machines. Lyman's is perfect if you ask me, emphasizes new games like AfM, TNA, ST, SW, IMDN, Houdini, with a few older games too and the bar is very much about playing pinball. If you've been playing at Player's Club and haven't been to Lyman's yet... my dude, get your ass to Lymans, you'll probably find me there. Opens at 11 every day, and no problem if you just want to play and not drink.

4 weeks later
#8750 5 years ago

Looking for a player's High Speed and/or Pin*Bot, under $1500.

#8782 5 years ago

Anybody within a couple hours of DC got a Flash Gordon they’d consider parting with?

#8791 5 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

SM and POTC for sale/trade. can make you a good deal on them. if not, you'll probably see one or both in york.

I went to look at this SM recently... decided SM wasn’t the right game for me but I can vouch for the fact that this one is a beauty, James takes great care of his pins.

1 week later
#8856 5 years ago

Anyone with a Flash Gordon FS? Would consider any condition.

1 week later
#8938 5 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I paid less than what all the WCS are for sale on Pinside for, but I've probably spent 8 hours with the playfield up this week cleaning, putting in LEDs, silencing the motor, and figuring out how to repair a couple of things. I get the idea that a lot of people buy pins off of here, then repair them and try to sell them at above pinside prices on facebook and craigslist after doing some basic repairs... keeping them and playing them until they sell. This is what I believe to be behind a lot of the "price inflation".

Yep, not to mention a lot of people are just plain willing to wait around until they find someone who will overpay, whether or not they fixed the game up. And then other people see all those ads with inflated prices and think that's how much they should get for their machine too. If you look in the archives, there are a lot of games for which most of the ads do not result in a sale, and the only ones that do are those with significantly lower prices.

#8941 5 years ago
Quoted from cmack750:

Here's a good example of a local (Eastern PA) auction that just happened where they had 2 machines for sale.... A big guns and an ID4. Both were players machines with lots of chips and dings and some playfield wear. The Big Guns was serviceable but needed a full shop job and didn't detected the balls. The ID4 needed major work... Lots of broken plastics, broken ramps, wouldn't properly eject into the shooter lane, etc.
Consider that these "sold" prices don't including the 15% premium that gets tacked on and I think this pretty well illustrates the point.....
https://uniquesandantiques.com/auction/180828/
Items 414 and 415

But the ad says they're "vintage"

#8942 5 years ago

I'm interested in adding an 80s game to my collection from someone local, though my budget is low. Would need to be fully working, or at least anything not working would have to be asy to fix. Looking to spend $500-$700, probably for a less desirable title. I'd pay a bit more for my favorites of that era- Flash Gordon, Centaur/Centaur 2, High Speed, Pinbot, Fathom. Let me know if you've got anything.

#8945 5 years ago
Quoted from sbmania:

No offense, but you're dreaming in that price range! You would need to double your budget in today's market for any of those titles with centaur and Fathom much much more. And forget trying to find a bargain on Craigslist or someplace similar. If someone does list a pin at a lower price, before you can drive there to pick it up in the next 30 minutes, someone will be along to queer the deal by telling the seller that its too cheap and they will pay $x more if they hold it for them.

Yeah, I was thinking $1-1.5k range for those. I checked the archives and you're right about Fathom and probably the original Centaur, but those other titles can sell in that range.

#8954 5 years ago
Quoted from sbmania:

By the way, if any PA collectors were looking at that Flash Gordon on Phila CL for 1295, save yourself the trip. After spending 1.5 hrs in bumper to bumper traffic to get there and 1.5 more to get back, I saw that the playfield had extensive and amateurish touch ups done, and then worse yet they were all covered with mylar. Looks good in pics, or from 5 feet back, but that's about it. Seller is firm at 1295 or so. It played though. Didn't bother looking for acid damage. I suggested the seller describe the game to future callers (there were very many) as players condition, with extensive playfield touch ups, not done very well. Hopefully that will save others a wasted trip!

You just saved me a lot of time... much obliged!

1 month later
#9242 5 years ago

I’m looking for someone who has an appliance dolly and knows what they’re doing to help me move a pin from my driveway to my basement, either Sunday evening or next Monday morning. Last time I used Taskrabbit, but the cab ended up getting scratched up- my basement is tricky and neither of us had ever moved a pin before. Hoping to avoid that this time and happy to pay a decent rate to do so. I’m in Silver Spring MD, 5 miles north of DC. Thanks for any leads.

#9244 5 years ago
Quoted from darcangeloel:

How did the scratches occur? Did you guys have it wrapped and strapped to the dolly?

The head was plastic wrapped to the cab with moving blankets underneath, but the cab itself was not wrapped up. It had to go down a fairly steep, narrow outdoor staircase and then around a tight corner to get in, it got scraped a couple of times in that process. I think it might have been a better idea to take in the front door, through the house and then slide it down the carpeted stairs. But, I'm not sure, it might be tougher to get it around the corners in the house.

2 months later
#9599 5 years ago

Looking for any of the following titles- must be under $3k, within 2 hours of the DC area, working at or near 100% with no acid damage or other big problems, and playfield in decent shape:

Stargate
Bram Stoker's Dracula
Tales from the Crypt
Terminator 2 or 3
Jackbot
Medusa

Or for under $2k:
Devil's Dare
Embryon

5 months later
#10553 4 years ago

Planning to list my RBION soon, wanted to see about local trade possibilities first. The RBION is in good shape except for a 1/4" wear spot by the kickout, will be priced in the $3-3.5k range. At the top of my list are BSD, Fish Tales, Shadow, Jackbot, Wheel of Fortune, Junkyard, Data East Star Trek. +/- cash is fine, also open to other trade possibilities.

2 months later
#11039 4 years ago

Hey locals, looking for a IMDN Pro, under $5k

1 month later
#11138 4 years ago

Anybody within a couple hours of DC have Swords of Fury they’d consider selling? Players condition is fine but not looking for a project. Thanks!

1 year later
#12986 3 years ago

Gauging interest in trades for a very nice Dirty Harry. It's a prototype with the drop target in front of the warehouse and has color DMD, powdercoat, LEDs throughout. Looking to trade for a newer pin or possibly 90s pin if it's in excellent condition. Open to +/- cash.

1 month later
#13100 3 years ago

Nice Dirty Harry sample version for sale/trade, interested in desirable 90s titles in similarly excellent condition or newer games + cash on my end.

SOLD!
Machine - For Sale
Dirty Harry Archived
Fully shopped/refurbished - “Very nice Dirty Harry for sale or trade. This is a rare sample/prototype version of the game with the drop target in front of the warehouse. Upgrades include color DMD, LEDs thro...”
2020-12-09
Silver Spring, MD
3,750 (Firm)
Archived after: 5 days
Viewed: 239 times
Contributed to Pinside

#13139 3 years ago

Looking to buy a JP, IMDN, SW, A:IQ (all pro) or a Houdini or possibly Oktoberfest or Willy Wonka. Ready to move quickly.

EDIT: Not looking for NIB or more expensive heavily modded examples, just a basic used pro at the going price for those.

1 month later
#13332 3 years ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

Hi guys. I'm new to the hobby and looking for my first game. I live and work in the Baltimore/Washington, DC area. Finances are such, that I probably won't be able to invest in a modern machine. If anyone is ready to sell an old solid state game, I might be interested. Yesterday, I played Black Knight 2000 and a bunch of newer games and really enjoyed it. I'm looking forward to feeding the obsession.

Welcome! If you haven't already, you should definitely check out Mom's Organic Market in College Park.

5 months later
#14070 2 years ago

Looking to change up my collection, given the current price insanity strongly prefer to do so by trading. I have a nice Xenon, a very nice BSD (HUO for the past 10 years), and a HUO Houdini. Open to trading in combinations, +/- cash either way, let me know what you got!

1 year later
#16210 1 year ago

Looking to trade all or some of the following: HUO Houdini w/ mods, very nice BSD, nice Xenon, in exchange for one or more of MET, LOV, Hot Wheels, Stern SW, Deadpool, Stern Kiss, Bad Cats, 007. +/- cash either way OK. Located in Silver Spring MD

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MrFancy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-fs-in-maryland-right-now-maryland-fs-thread?tu=MrFancy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.