(Topic ID: 92448)

What's FS in Maryland,Va,DC,Pa,De right now ? Md and surrounding area FS Thread.

By stretch2

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 11,129 posts
  • 680 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 18 hours ago by Turboghia
  • Topic is favorited by 345 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,542 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20160803_162543_(resized).jpg
20160722_211350_(resized).jpg
mame_(resized).jpg
20160513_190649_(resized).jpg
20160513_190611_(resized).jpg
20160513_190934_(resized).jpg
20160513_190936_(resized).jpg
20160718_201832_(resized).jpg
20160718_201822_(resized).jpg
20160718_201617_(resized).jpg
20160718_201515_(resized).jpg
20160718_201508_(resized).jpg
20160718_201426_(resized).jpg
20160718_201458_(resized).jpg
20160718_201434_(resized).jpg
20160718_201353_(resized).jpg

There are 11129 posts in this topic. You are on page 90 of 223.
#4451 3 years ago

HOP in the house!!

I need to carve out some time to read that post.

#4452 3 years ago

I'm going to spread out over 3 days. . He is going from Houseofpins to roomof pins and then lastly foldeduproomofpins. .

Seriously, great seller and beautiful collection. If I can help anyone let me know I can vouch for all the games

#4453 3 years ago

Contacted about WOZ.

#4454 3 years ago

Looking for:

1970 Williams Ringer / Penny Pitch / Darts

Let me know if you know of one within 250 miles of DC.
Thanks.

#4455 3 years ago

Dang, was hoping his Simpsons was a DE Simpsons, but is TSPP and I already have that one.... oh well, search continues.

#4456 3 years ago

Getting bombarded with e-mails about everything !!! Will post prices later today......should have waited a day or so but guess I got a little excited that I signed the contract last night....mowing 5 acres for 9 years finally wore me down and looking forward to a nice small 1/4 acre yard.....nothing like only having to spend under an hour mowing and trimming next year rather then 6 hours !!! Plus, the odds of having HVAC problems go down when you go from 5 units to 2 units !!!!

Will post prices by sometime tonight if not earlier for everything but furniture....anyone can stop by if they are by Damascus anytime over the next few days or this weekend.....

Thanks HOP ..... good news I am only moving 20 minutes up the road (back to good ole New Market and time to work on my crummy golf game !!!). Maybe one of these days I can finally break 90 !!!

#4457 3 years ago

Well after some discussions with fellow pinsiders coupled with what I paid (as in the cases where my price was lower then market I just passed on the savings with the exception of AC/DC premium and GNR which truly I prefer to keep but if someone wants them bad enough for the listed prices they can go as truly I just don't play much pinball and just keep them for "looks" and so I can have a "game room" even though I rarely go in there.

So here goes....as you all know I just like people coming over and as many of you know my descriptions normally "under deliver" and why it is rare that someone coming over doesn't buy. If you guys truly need some photos I will have my son take some but truly if you are fairly close I prefer you just stop over. That is why I sell local...plus, as you all know I like to meet new people and of course being italian TALK...which many of you know too well....LOL.

I do have some people I have promised looks at a couple of games and I have to keep my promise. ALSO, I might only be able to sell 4 as I am hoping to be able to fit 6 in my game room in the other home (will measure this week....). So I will sell at least 4 but no more then 5 or 6 depending on how comfortably I can fit them in the other house.....

So here is the pricing and descriptions.

WOZ- Bought from Joe New Hart. This was a game that he brought to one show...then after the show he sent back to Jersey Jack (have paperwork) to fix all the issues that had come up.....it is MINT and TRULY IS BRAND NEW.....after I bought it I am sure I have not played 100 games on it....this game also has the distinction of my friend EMORY (and my friend Paul can vouch for this) of somehow scoring a 700....I tried to recreate this score by just plunging 3 balls and not even manning the flippers and the lowest score I have ever been able to recreate is 1,200 so GOD ONLY KNOWS how he got a 700 and he was TRYING......so the nickname MR. 700...so just for that reason this is one that will be tough to let go....LOL. Price is $7,000 which is what I paid....invisiglass and shaker.

POTC.....all I can say about this example is come to see it and you will NOT BE DISAPPOINTED....no pictures are necessary the game is if not the best example one of the best....the guy I bought it from was an old guy that I believe bought it from BETUS but probably played it for a week or two and then got health issues.....and everyone that knows me knows I never play my games so I don't know how many plays it has on it but it isn't a lot !!! PERFECT....price is $4,400 but a friend of mine might want it (HE HAS A POTC but mine is so perfect he is considering buying mine and just selling his !!!).

IM.....actually traded Mike (BILLSFANMD) for this for a brand new AC/DC premium (OUCH....this was well before the vault edition and when they were still producing AC/DC premiums...believe I only paid $6,000 for my AC/DC premium that I traded.....I bought 3...one to keep and 2 to use as trade bait along with 3 TRONS to use as trade bait "back in the day when I had 20 pins").

I am sure you guys can e-mail Mike as he probably knows more about this game then me....again, played it not much since buying it from him but it is in GREAT CONDITION and he upgraded the speakers and it has some other upgrades (LED's I believe and also some characters with lighted up whips I believe). Paid $6,000 but on this one you guys tell me what you think is FAIR.....I know it isn't $6,000 !!!! Vault edition killed it so make me a fair offer and I will consider it (whatever a MINT IM with some upgrades are going for and as long as your price is fair (I will ask some other people that know pricing (basically our peers)) the game is YOURS.....again, really nice shape.

SM....bought this from BEBOP JOE in Pa.....game is MINT....he was a fanatic....he restores coke machines and is quite the "character"....he is so meticulous and the game even has little mylar circles where the ball drops.....and again, he didn't play it much and me we know I didn't...still VERY MINTY....again, you will not be disappointed if you want a MINT SM with shaker....price is what I paid $5,200.

GNR.....well it has the topper and a nice example (have owned 2 and this one was nicer then my first). I will "consider" letting it go for $5,300 which is less then what I paid awhile back but truly I am NOT MOTIVATED TO SELL THIS.....

AC/DC premium.....MINT, MINT and MORE MINT...HUO by me with low plays....pinblades the TNT MODE (actually installed by the guy who made it and sold them....friend of mine (Steve in Northern Virginia....wife set him up on a blind date with her personal trainer friend....who is "smokin hot" and he installed this mod as a way to say THANK YOU to her....great guy). Price you tell me I hear they have gone way up in value but will not take any less then top market value for this one.....I have heard $8,000-$8,500 is the going rate for one like mine....UNBELIEVABLE.....if that number is wrong let me know....but again, NOT MOTIVATED to sell it just when I heard the number I was like "never play it" so possibly I will let it go to someone that will play it.

TZ.....nice exampe....loaded with mods....have owned 3 of these and this was the nicest.....T-BIRD MOD, GUMBALL, ROBBIE THE ROBOT, ROCKET SHIP and I believe one or two others.....price is $6,500....worth a look if you like this title.....

BSD....have owned 3 of these and this is the nicest....was owned I was told by the former owner of the caps....one of the nicer examples with some fade of the red lettering on one side but other then that really nice.....price is $2,800.....everything works...mist ball etc...doubt you will be disappointed in this one.....other side of the cabinet is really nice and the side with fade is in really good shape...playfield is really nice as well.....again, nice example. Got this as part of the JY deal below (paid $5,500 for both...so passing on what I feel was a decent deal for this machine).

JY-out of all my games this one is the only one I would say you need to look at. Bought this from someone who had a son who committed suicide and wanted all his games gone....Me and a Friend helped him out....game is missing front cabinet decal.....slight little nail mark on the playfield....I didn't notice it as when they did a repair must have screwed in the screw a little too much.....other then that it is really nice.

I know this go for low to mid $3,000 range.....I paid $2,700 and would have given him $3,000 but told him the front decal missing I estimated a $300 reduction.....so price is $2,700...again, not perfect....but other then those two issues cabinets look nice....playfield looks nice....translite etc. and it plays nice....so at $2,700 a good deal. HOWEVER, this game has garnered the most interest.....3 people already interested and I have already promised it to someone if the want it....then their are 2 people behind them....I am perplexed as to the interest in this particular game but not one of my favorites so happy to let it go as one of the four I need to sell !!!

TSPP...have owned 2 of these.....both nice....sold my last one for $4,600....got a good deal on this one and am passing what I paid (really nice shape)...price is $4,300 and it is really nice....YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED !!!

Well that is it guys....as you all know I try to price fairly and if I know I am priced fairly I don't negotiate.....good news is I would say my sell rate to look rate is like 90% (i.e. 9 out of 10 people that come to look walk away with pin....honest !!!). This is mostly without pictures...

Also, I have some interest already and is first come first serve for the most part unless I tell you I will hold it (like I have done for a couple of people already on some of the titles....have received a bunch of e-mails already).

I like people who just come on by.....my son can take pictures but you will have to wait and if someone comes by without pictures the game is theirs....I like the littlest hassle possible....LOL.

Also, I have other stuff you can look at....already interest in my ZERO TURN MOWER....nice weight set (which is a nice set-up FOR CHEAP as I got it really, really cheap and just want to get it out of here as I DID NOT USE IT ONCE ... LOL...), ROWE JUKE BOX which has a minor laser disk issue but loaded with CD's and will price to MOVE ..... and some other stuff..... Dart board that you find in the bars...plastic darts....will let that go for a good price....just to name some of the items that have to go.

Furniture as well (again, we are going from 11,000 square feet to around 4,500) so I can't fit all the furniture....some of it was like Brand new.....bring the wife.....nice living room set that is "classy" that I paid $2,500 and maybe sat on 20 times.....we never used the living room...will give you a hell of a good deal and it is NEW...some other couches....for your basement or something.....again, if you need a spare couch I have a couple of sets which you can have for a great price....wife just wants some of it GONE....kitchen table.....and our bedroom set (she wants a different one and it is only like 5-6 years old.....).....

BOTTOMLINE GUYS to get her to move I told her to sell anything she wants and I will buy her NEW.....hey, I got tired of cutting the 5 acre lawn, weeding, trimming...I just want to go back to my other house on the golf course and work on my golf game !!! I retired from work awhile ago and now I want to retire from being a slave to this big house !!!

Thanks again.....the local pinsiders are always great....if you have any friends that might want some decent deals let me know....just stop on over the wife told me ANYTHING might be for SALE...HOPE SHE DIDN'T MEAN HER AS WELL...she is still "hot" as many of you know....LOL...I "outkicked my coverage" when I married her !!! I still think she needs glasses.....LOL.....

Take care....HOP...(aka Dan)

#4458 3 years ago

Also, if I don't respond right away it is because I have a busy day and am getting hit with A LOT of e-mails and sure they will keep coming as the day progresses....

As always, first come and first serve....I can help you but as many of you know I don't move pins and don't even have tools....LOL...but I have a ton of great friends that help me out when I buy a pin to pick it up and get it down...thank god for friends or I would be "toast"....as many of you know....but I will help as much as I can....and my son will also help if he is home (he is 20 and more of a help then his "old man").

Again, I live in Damascus, Md. and many of you have been here before....

Wonder if I now have to change my PINSIDIDE name like Mike (BILLSFANMD) has suggested.....when I had 20 pins I guess I was HOUSE OF PIN.....now I am slowly becoming NO PIN....LOL....probably the only person that ever went from 0 to 20 pins in a few months and never played more then a few hundred games over the years....go figure....guess I was bored after retirement so buying pins kept me busy for a few months back then....wife got tired of me never playing them and occupying 2 rooms in the basement and a lot of the common area as well so made me go down to 7 (fill one room but somehow snuck 3 more in on her early this year...LOL).....well they were the good ole days when she would look up and there would be another pin being delivered down the stairs and I would hear "well you never told me you were buying another pin"...LOL...or a JUKE BOX or something....my wife is a SAINT as many of you know !!!

#4459 3 years ago

Could you just list the pins and the prices please.

#4460 3 years ago
Quoted from houseofpin:

Well after some discussions with fellow pinsiders coupled with what I paid (as in the cases where my price was lower then market I just passed on the savings with the exception of AC/DC premium and GNR which truly I prefer to keep but if someone wants them bad enough for the listed prices they can go as truly I just don't play much pinball and just keep them for "looks" and so I can have a "game room" even though I rarely go in there.
So here goes....as you all know I just like people coming over and as many of you know my descriptions normally "under deliver" and why it is rare that someone coming over doesn't buy. If you guys truly need some photos I will have my son take some but truly if you are fairly close I prefer you just stop over. That is why I sell local...plus, as you all know I like to meet new people and of course being italian TALK...which many of you know too well....LOL.
I do have some people I have promised looks at a couple of games and I have to keep my promise. ALSO, I might only be able to sell 4 as I am hoping to be able to fit 6 in my game room in the other home (will measure this week....). So I will sell at least 4 but no more then 5 or 6 depending on how comfortably I can fit them in the other house.....
So here is the pricing and descriptions.
WOZ- Bought from Joe New Hart. This was a game that he brought to one show...then after the show he sent back to Jersey Jack (have paperwork) to fix all the issues that had come up.....it is MINT and TRULY IS BRAND NEW.....after I bought it I am sure I have not played 100 games on it....this game also has the distinction of my friend EMORY (and my friend Paul can vouch for this) of somehow scoring a 700....I tried to recreate this score by just plunging 3 balls and not even manning the flippers and the lowest score I have ever been able to recreate is 1,200 so GOD ONLY KNOWS how he got a 700 and he was TRYING......so the nickname MR. 700...so just for that reason this is one that will be tough to let go....LOL. Price is $7,000 which is what I paid....invisiglass and shaker.
POTC.....all I can say about this example is come to see it and you will NOT BE DISAPPOINTED....no pictures are necessary the game is if not the best example one of the best....the guy I bought it from was an old guy that I believe bought it from BETUS but probably played it for a week or two and then got health issues.....and everyone that knows me knows I never play my games so I don't know how many plays it has on it but it isn't a lot !!! PERFECT....price is $4,400 but a friend of mine might want it (HE HAS A POTC but mine is so perfect he is considering buying mine and just selling his !!!).
IM.....actually traded Mike (BILLSFANMD) for this for a brand new AC/DC premium (OUCH....this was well before the vault edition and when they were still producing AC/DC premiums...believe I only paid $6,000 for my AC/DC premium that I traded.....I bought 3...one to keep and 2 to use as trade bait along with 3 TRONS to use as trade bait "back in the day when I had 20 pins").
I am sure you guys can e-mail Mike as he probably knows more about this game then me....again, played it not much since buying it from him but it is in GREAT CONDITION and he upgraded the speakers and it has some other upgrades (LED's I believe and also some characters with lighted up whips I believe). Paid $6,000 but on this one you guys tell me what you think is FAIR.....I know it isn't $6,000 !!!! Vault edition killed it so make me a fair offer and I will consider it (whatever a MINT IM with some upgrades are going for and as long as your price is fair (I will ask some other people that know pricing (basically our peers)) the game is YOURS.....again, really nice shape.
SM....bought this from BEBOP JOE in Pa.....game is MINT....he was a fanatic....he restores coke machines and is quite the "character"....he is so meticulous and the game even has little mylar circles where the ball drops.....and again, he didn't play it much and me we know I didn't...still VERY MINTY....again, you will not be disappointed if you want a MINT SM with shaker....price is what I paid $5,200.
GNR.....well it has the topper and a nice example (have owned 2 and this one was nicer then my first). I will "consider" letting it go for $5,300 which is less then what I paid awhile back but truly I am NOT MOTIVATED TO SELL THIS.....
AC/DC premium.....MINT, MINT and MORE MINT...HUO by me with low plays....pinblades the TNT MODE (actually installed by the guy who made it and sold them....friend of mine (Steve in Northern Virginia....wife set him up on a blind date with her personal trainer friend....who is "smokin hot" and he installed this mod as a way to say THANK YOU to her....great guy). Price you tell me I hear they have gone way up in value but will not take any less then top market value for this one.....I have heard $8,000-$8,500 is the going rate for one like mine....UNBELIEVABLE.....if that number is wrong let me know....but again, NOT MOTIVATED to sell it just when I heard the number I was like "never play it" so possibly I will let it go to someone that will play it.
TZ.....nice exampe....loaded with mods....have owned 3 of these and this was the nicest.....T-BIRD MOD, GUMBALL, ROBBIE THE ROBOT, ROCKET SHIP and I believe one or two others.....price is $6,500....worth a look if you like this title.....
BSD....have owned 3 of these and this is the nicest....was owned I was told by the former owner of the caps....one of the nicer examples with some fade of the red lettering on one side but other then that really nice.....price is $2,800.....everything works...mist ball etc...doubt you will be disappointed in this one.....other side of the cabinet is really nice and the side with fade is in really good shape...playfield is really nice as well.....again, nice example. Got this as part of the JY deal below (paid $5,500 for both...so passing on what I feel was a decent deal for this machine).
JY-out of all my games this one is the only one I would say you need to look at. Bought this from someone who had a son who committed suicide and wanted all his games gone....Me and a Friend helped him out....game is missing front cabinet decal.....slight little nail mark on the playfield....I didn't notice it as when they did a repair must have screwed in the screw a little too much.....other then that it is really nice.
I know this go for low to mid $3,000 range.....I paid $2,700 and would have given him $3,000 but told him the front decal missing I estimated a $300 reduction.....so price is $2,700...again, not perfect....but other then those two issues cabinets look nice....playfield looks nice....translite etc. and it plays nice....so at $2,700 a good deal. HOWEVER, this game has garnered the most interest.....3 people already interested and I have already promised it to someone if the want it....then their are 2 people behind them....I am perplexed as to the interest in this particular game but not one of my favorites so happy to let it go as one of the four I need to sell !!!
TSPP...have owned 2 of these.....both nice....sold my last one for $4,600....got a good deal on this one and am passing what I paid (really nice shape)...price is $4,300 and it is really nice....YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED !!!
Well that is it guys....as you all know I try to price fairly and if I know I am priced fairly I don't negotiate.....good news is I would say my sell rate to look rate is like 90% (i.e. 9 out of 10 people that come to look walk away with pin....honest !!!). This is mostly without pictures...
Also, I have some interest already and is first come first serve for the most part unless I tell you I will hold it (like I have done for a couple of people already on some of the titles....have received a bunch of e-mails already).
I like people who just come on by.....my son can take pictures but you will have to wait and if someone comes by without pictures the game is theirs....I like the littlest hassle possible....LOL.
Also, I have other stuff you can look at....already interest in my ZERO TURN MOWER....nice weight set (which is a nice set-up FOR CHEAP as I got it really, really cheap and just want to get it out of here as I DID NOT USE IT ONCE ... LOL...), ROWE JUKE BOX which has a minor laser disk issue but loaded with CD's and will price to MOVE ..... and some other stuff..... Dart board that you find in the bars...plastic darts....will let that go for a good price....just to name some of the items that have to go.
Furniture as well (again, we are going from 11,000 square feet to around 4,500) so I can't fit all the furniture....some of it was like Brand new.....bring the wife.....nice living room set that is "classy" that I paid $2,500 and maybe sat on 20 times.....we never used the living room...will give you a hell of a good deal and it is NEW...some other couches....for your basement or something.....again, if you need a spare couch I have a couple of sets which you can have for a great price....wife just wants some of it GONE....kitchen table.....and our bedroom set (she wants a different one and it is only like 5-6 years old.....).....
BOTTOMLINE GUYS to get her to move I told her to sell anything she wants and I will buy her NEW.....hey, I got tired of cutting the 5 acre lawn, weeding, trimming...I just want to go back to my other house on the golf course and work on my golf game !!! I retired from work awhile ago and now I want to retire from being a slave to this big house !!!
Thanks again.....the local pinsiders are always great....if you have any friends that might want some decent deals let me know....just stop on over the wife told me ANYTHING might be for SALE...HOPE SHE DIDN'T MEAN HER AS WELL...she is still "hot" as many of you know....LOL...I "outkicked my coverage" when I married her !!! I still think she needs glasses.....LOL.....
Take care....HOP...(aka Dan)

Well, I'm pleased to say I've read your book and have posted a review on my blog.

#4461 3 years ago

Does anyone get this recently when clicking on pinball machines in this area from Craigslist? No matter what I click on I get this error. Never had this issue before.

"There is nothing here

No web page for this address

404 Error"

#4462 3 years ago
Quoted from Jesterfunhouse:

Does anyone get this recently when clicking on pinball machines in this area from Craigslist? No matter what I click on I get this error. Never had this issue before.
"There is nothing here
404 Error"

Usually means you have been banned unfortunately

#4463 3 years ago

"There is nothing here
404 Error"

See if there are trailing characters or a < p > at the end of the address. Those usually cause it.

#4464 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Usually means you have been banned unfortunately

I can still get to craigslist and do searches. Not sure how searching for pinball machines gets me banned? That is the only thing I do on Craigslist? Is it because I search to frequently?

#4465 3 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

See if there are trailing characters or a < p > at the end of the address. Those usually cause it.

I don't see anything like that. I clicked on the Haunted House rifle game listed and it comes up fine but all others come I get the same error. Craigslist!

#4466 3 years ago

I can still get to craigslist and do searches. Not sure how searching for pinball machines gets me banned? That is the only thing I do on Craigslist? Is it because I search to frequently?

Not sure how but it happened to me before and i had to email administration to fix it .... very strange issue for sure good luck

#4467 3 years ago
Quoted from zimjoe:

I would rather someone bought it and wanted to keep it, but mostly I want it to go somewhere else

IS MY Craigslist issue because I did not buy your arcade machine?!?! I have an identical one that I was going to post on Craigslist for cheaper but now I can't ... VERY SUSPISCIOUS!

#4468 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Not sure how but it happened to me before and i had to email administration to fix it .... very strange issue for sure good luck

Thanks for the suggestion I just emailed them and I filed a complaint about ZIMBO!

#4469 3 years ago

I can attest that HOP's POTC and WoZ are in great condition.

I already have PotC don't really care for WoZ myself but if you are looking for one or the other don't miss these.

#4470 3 years ago

If I had time to sell my creech quick, I would want this WOZ

#4471 3 years ago

Does anyone get this recently when clicking on pinball machines in this area from Craigslist?

For some reason you can only search locally. To see Pittsburgh area listings. ..I had to choose that as my local region..etc.
It's very annoying. I contacted them also.

#4472 3 years ago

Quick Update....keep it short and simple as requested.

BSD is either sold tonight but if not have plenty of people waiting in line, Twilight Zone just sold, Junkyard I have a commitment to buy from a pinsider but he has to wait until another pinsider comes by tomorrow as I promised it to him first.

I did have an ERROR.....POTC my cost basis is $4,600.....sorry, I have never made an error but I have been trying to do things to quickly and went from memory as I bought that in a package deal.

SM is $5,200, WOZ is $7,000, IM is shoot me a decent offer, AC/DC premium is $8,500 (only because I don't want to sell it....has some mods), GNR is $5,300 (has topper nice condition....really prefer not to sell it), TSPP is $4,300 (really nice condition last one I sold for $4,600 and that was years ago and this one is almost as nice....really nice !!!).

I believe I can only sell one more pin but have to measure...hoping to fit 6 pins but I might only be able to fit 4 or 5 !!!

Again, sorry for the POTC mistake....I am allowed one every 5 years and this is my one !!! Truly that POTC IS MINTY MINT !!!! You would think it came right out of the box !!!

Take care...HOP....HOPE THAT WAS SHORT AND SWEET !!!

#4473 3 years ago

I have no interest in or knowledge of the seller, but here is a CL ad for an F-14 in Altoona, PA for $900. Looks like it might be a worthwhile deal for someone:

altoona.craigslist.org link

#4474 3 years ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

I have no interest in or knowledge of the seller, but here is a CL ad for an F-14 in Altoona, PA for $900.

Don't bother...I saw the machine. It's not the one in the pic. He pulled a pic off the Internet.
It has no beacons or parts for the beacons, pop bumper is out; most likely a transistor, no visible switch issue. It's very dirty, dinged up cabinet, and it froze up on me twice while playing. Incandescent bulbs with many out. I'd go $500 max on it, that's even questionable.

#4475 3 years ago

ALERT: New price offer for my TAF!!

I was finally able to snag a TZ (been looking for a nice one for quite some time) from HOP (great guy by the way) and now I'd really like to sell my TAF. Since the $6500 price tag seemed too high for most, I can offer up the machine for $6100 with a normal (non-color) DMD that I'll swap out of the TZ that I just got. That brings the game down to a lower price point and I hope will attract a buyer as I'd really like to make room for the TZ. That's the best that I can do, as I haven't been in the hobby as long as most of you fine folks and didn't get my games years ago for bottom dollar.

Archived after 23 days
Sold for $ 6,300
Contributed to Pinside
Machine - For Sale
Fully shopped/refurbished “I've decided to put my favorite machine up for sale to hopefully fund a new pin for my small collection of 3. It's in great condition (details below) with no credit dot and everyth...”
2016-08-12
Arlington, VA
6,375 (Firm)

#4476 3 years ago

Whoa - 7k for a HUO WOZ.

That's well below market, IMO. My #1 or #2 favorite game... That's a steal

#4477 3 years ago

IT ISN'T JUST AN HUO WOZ it is a WOZ basically NEVER PLAYED...LOL !!! Truly it is BRAND NEW !!!

#4478 3 years ago

Per3Per3 (AKA PHIL)....thanks for the nice compliment....you were truly a PLEASURE TO DEAL with and KNOW YOUR STUFF....I recommend highly dealing with PHIL !!!

Honestly, I can't say I have ever had anything but a TREMENDOUS experience with any pinsider.....the MD and Northern Virginia pinsiders truly are the best....we do this region proud....nothing but honest and stand up people everyone of them.....I have also dealt with pinsiders from other states and have always had a great experience and formed a friendship....funny thing is I had one issue on the board with a pinsider years ago (bad exchange as many of you know in the past I was opinionated on the pinside forums...I have calmed down in my old age) but when we met in person we became friends.....he responded to a craigslist ad (I no longer have to waste my time posting their) and was telling me there is this idiot HOP on Pinside that I was dealing with last night....I looked at him and told him I AM HOP (he was a lot bigger then me...figured this should be good !!!)....LOL....we drank a beer and laughed so hard and have been friends ever since.....I think I just do better in person....LOL. Plus, as I have gotten to know so many of you truly you guys have all made me a better person...honest !!! Hanging around good people kinds of rubs off after a bunch of years I guess.....

Thanks again for the kind words PHIL.....

HOP

#4479 3 years ago
Quoted from JOESCHALL:

I have no interest in or knowledge of the seller, but here is a CL ad for an F-14 in Altoona, PA for $900. Looks like it might be a worthwhile deal for someone:

Quoted from GLSP3022:

It's very dirty, dinged up cabinet, and it froze up on me twice while playing. Incandescent bulbs with many out. I'd go $500 max on it, that's even questionable.

Thanks for checking it out and posting what it actually was before any of us wasted our time driving out there...assuming he's firm on price. Yanked pics from the web in an ad that isn't the game he has...I hate that.

#4480 3 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Yanked pics from the web in an ad that isn't the game he has...I hate that.

I'm so glad I was only 15 min away. That would have been even more disappointing. I told him no pic would be better than a ripped pic of a very nice F 14.
He was asking 1100, just dropped to 900. Wouldn't go lower for me. Maybe when he can't sell, he'll change his mind.

#4481 3 years ago
Quoted from GLSP3022:

Don't bother...I saw the machine. It's not the one in the pic. He pulled a pic off the Internet.
It has no beacons or parts for the beacons, pop bumper is out; most likely a transistor, no visible switch issue. It's very dirty, dinged up cabinet, and it froze up on me twice while playing. Incandescent bulbs with many out. I'd go $500 max on it, that's even questionable.

Thanks so much. I had no good reason to doubt the ad but it's great to know the truth behind it. Amazing. This one should have gone in the "More CL laughs" thread, I guess. Many thanks.

#4482 3 years ago
Quoted from houseofpin:

Quick Update....keep it short and simple as requested.

Take care...HOP....HOPE THAT WAS SHORT AND SWEET !!!

That was very short

HOP you should do a podcast.

#4483 3 years ago

IS MY Craigslist issue because I did not buy your arcade machine?!?! I have an identical one that I was going to post on Craigslist for cheaper but now I can't ... VERY SUSPISCIOUS!

Karma, Yo!

Sorry, late post. Not really funny anymore... Craigslist is fixed now... I'll just go up rate your comment...

#4484 3 years ago

RAI....that was funny.....you need to post your HITLER IM parody again on here.....I miss that one.....or at least send it to me. You did make me a star overnight !!!

And as you should know that post for me "was about as short and sweet as it gets".....

Hope all is well.....HOP !!!

#4485 3 years ago

Oh, one last shameless promotion of something no one wants.

I may keep lowering the price and when I finally get a call, I will refuse to sell it. Like my Raven, it's not here because I love it; it's here because no one else does

Archived after 7 days
Sold (amount undisclosed)
Contributed to Pinside
Other - For Sale
“This is a Rollergames Arcade game from 1990 or so. This game plays pretty much like the show including rolling up the wall of death. If Rollergames isn't your thing, this is a Jamm...”
2016-08-23
Richmond, VA

I take back the unkind things said about Raven earlier in this post. I do like that machine.

#4486 3 years ago

just brought hop's BSD home. i'm excited. tired, but excited. i'll get to work on it tomorrow. goodnight!

#4487 3 years ago
Quoted from houseofpin:

RAI....that was funny.....you need to post your HITLER IM parody again on here.....I miss that one.....or at least send it to me. You did make me a star overnight !!!
And as you should know that post for me "was about as short and sweet as it gets".....
Hope all is well.....HOP !!!

Gotta find that Hitler video link.

Let us know if you sell that BSD that's the one I'm interested in.

#4488 3 years ago

2 years ago...

#4489 3 years ago

Phil....look at the thread above yours....it is gone....SORRY but thanks for posting the video....I love that video !!!

Of all the irony I am selling the IM that I traded for a brand new AC/DC premium in box a little over 2 years ago STRAIGHT UP TRADE....lets see a NIB AC/DC premium would be worth over $8K so I took a nice $3,500 loss on that trade AND I CAN STILL LAUGH AT THAT VIDEO as this is a great hobby and I have met a ton of great people (you can't put a price on that)...no hard feelings toward Gary Stern who made HOP's IM for AC/DC premium trade one of the worst in pinside history....LOL...and I am still stupid enough when I get a great deal to pass most of them along at my price....LOL !!!

However, this is a fun hobby and I still say pins should not to be viewed as a 401 (K) investment.....I still believe one day this bubble will pop so enjoy the games and view them as a car or boat purchase because I still believe one day the bubble will pop.....people forget 2009 and what you could pick pins up for....how many of you guys tell your wives "honey, don't worry about my pinball collection it makes us money"....my bet is 50% at least....LOL....would love to start that POLL and everyone be 100% honest because if most of the guys told their wives my pinball collection loses us 50% of value every 5 years they would kill you (which thank god it doesn't or some of the guys o here would be served divorce papers....LOL...again be 100% honest and I would love to see some of the guys admit I am right !!!

I still always ask this question "if pins ever started to depreciate 15 % a year how many people would downsize their collections once they started to be an expense".....so if that ever happens the pinball market will flood fast and supply will swamp demand and prices will start to go down (as trust me some (not all) people with large collections mainly have them because they know the price does not normally drop).....pins someday will be no different then stocks and if the tide turns losses will accelerate as people run for the exits.....REMEMBER FEAR IS A STRONGER EMOTION THEN GREED.....Pins appreciation one day will mirror stocks (taking the stairs up but the elevator down)...eventually all good things come to an end....I always say I would keep the same collection if they appreciated or depreciated...DON'T get me wrong I DON'T MIND THEM NOT GOING DOWN !!! I hope they never go DOWN but someday they will and hopefully people understand that and are not putting 25% of their net worth in pins !!! That was always my point....

RAI THANKS FOR THE VIDEO. SEE I STILL WRITE IN CAPS AND HOP STILL REFERS TO HIMSELF IN THE 3rd person.....and still thinks this one day the PIN BUBBLE WILL POP....LOL !!! I truly think the demand for so many of the new titles is due to future appreciation more then love for the title....but just my opinion !!! Doubt the sales for Stern would be as good if people knew that KISS PINBALL machine would be worth 50% of what they paid in 3 years....the demand wouldn't be as great...and that is my whole point that people buy it as much as an investment as they do for enjoyment so once the investment aspect slows down the demand will slow down which will slowly start to force prices down (who knows when that will happen...predicting tops to a BUBBLE is impossible). PINS are NOT PICASSO PAINTINGS....LOL.

Thanks for all the pinsiders responding to my ads and I met some additional nice people today !!! Have another person coming tomorrow who I never met as well.

You guys are all great and lets hope the PIN BUBBLE NEVER POPS....I never would wish that on any of us but my opinion has always been it is inevitable someday and anyone counting on their pin collection to help fund their retirement might have to scale back a little on the CRUISING TO THE BAHAMA's and might need to order a coca cola rather then a nice bottle of wine !!!

Have a nice night....HOP !!! Also, that will be my last PIN INVESTMENT THESIS POST FOR ANOTHER 2 years as they ALWAYS GOT ME IN TROUBLE.....but RAI's video brought back the "good ole days for HOP".....

#4491 3 years ago

hop - I can't wait for the pin floor to drop off so I can buy more. This is a hobby for me not an investment nor a job to make money from.

#4492 3 years ago

A little OT but I wanted to let all the DC area folks know that Ghostbusters LE has landed at Lyman's Tavern, complete with a huge screen on the wall behind it broadcasting the playfield to the whole bar. Can't wait to get over there.

#4493 3 years ago

Have a loaded IMVE. Great game but I've prob gone as far as I can with it Would trade for a SM or TWD pro.

#4494 3 years ago

Looking for a MET or AC/DC LE. I have a nice HUO TSPP to offer trade towards one of these. If the trade does not work i'll probably be listing the Pinball Party for $4400.

#4495 3 years ago

Quoted from zimjoe:

Not really funny anymore...

Not a comment on your comment... just me being 11 hours late with a (not so) snappy comment.

#4496 3 years ago

Breaking it up a little with a SS game. Have a Bobby Orr Power Play I picked up a few weeks ago. Might be listing it and thought I would throw it up here first to see if any interest. Willing to pass on the deal I got to another Pinsider without any inflation if they want it, just need to free up space and funds. $300

It was sitting in a barn for a few years, and needs some heavy cleaning and work. I haven't set it up yet or tested it. It does have an Alltek MPU, which I'll leave in it. BG has some flaking, but it's not horrible. PF is very nice, had some previous touch ups, but done pretty well and mylar placed after. Cab has some dings and scrapes, but overall pretty damn nice considering where it sat for a few years. If interested, let me know. If not, I'm sure I'll have time to get to this one in the next couple months.

#4497 3 years ago
Quoted from Parsec:

Looking for a MET or AC/DC LE. I have a nice HUO TSPP to offer trade towards one of these. If the trade does not work i'll probably be listing the Pinball Party for $4400.

I have a beautiful luci ive been thinking. of moving. I know not a le but its actually the rarest acdc

#4498 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I have a beautiful luci ive been thinking. of moving. I know not a le but its actually the rarest acdc

I'd be all over this if not for I already have a nice Refinery premium.

One of the best pins ever.

20 years from now this will still be relevant like TAF IMO

#4499 3 years ago

WTT HUO TWD pro loaded with mods looking for a GOT pro or a AC DC pro

#4500 3 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

WTT HUO TWD pro loaded with mods looking for a GOT pro or a AC DC pro

Alright Derek let's find a 3 way trade for my loaded IM VE.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 59.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 35.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 27.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Dystopian Mods Italia
$ 625.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Apparel - Unisex
ArcadeMade
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
£ 58.00
Playfield - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 49.00
$ 149.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 11,500.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 999.00
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 10.50
Playfield - Decals
The MOD Couple
There are 11129 posts in this topic. You are on page 90 of 223.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside