(Topic ID: 92448)

What's FS in Maryland,Va,DC,Pa,De right now ? Md and surrounding area FS Thread.

By stretch2

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,042 posts
  • 931 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by Sweetwillie
  • Topic is favorited by 561 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20160803_162543_(resized).jpg
20160722_211350_(resized).jpg
mame_(resized).jpg
20160513_190649_(resized).jpg
20160513_190611_(resized).jpg
20160513_190934_(resized).jpg
20160513_190936_(resized).jpg
20160718_201832_(resized).jpg
20160718_201822_(resized).jpg
20160718_201617_(resized).jpg
20160718_201515_(resized).jpg
20160718_201508_(resized).jpg
20160718_201426_(resized).jpg
20160718_201458_(resized).jpg
20160718_201434_(resized).jpg
20160718_201353_(resized).jpg
There are 18,042 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 361.
#2951 8 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Just reaquired Americas most haunted game #1. Looking for a very nice tz with mods in trade. Not for sale. . Setting game up and will get pics in next day or so.

I have seen and played this game , and it is a great trade for a TZ. Worth at least $6K+ . Someone should jump on this trade opportunity quickly.

#2952 8 years ago
Quoted from stretch2:

I have seen and played this game , and it is a great trade for a TZ. Worth at least $6K+ . Someone should jump on this trade opportunity quickly.

I agree, especially as they're going to be harder to find than TZ.

Mike is great to deal with.

#2953 8 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Just reaquired Americas most haunted game #1. Looking for a very nice tz with mods in trade. Not for sale. . Setting game up and will get pics in next day or so.

I hope you find a TZ. AMH is a cool game. Someone should jump on this.

#2954 8 years ago

Wow someone gives an honest opinion and the pumpers rush in. Hurry hurry step right up you will miss it. Get it while it's still available. Why are you here reading this.....

#2955 8 years ago

I have a nice modded TZ but my fiance scoffed at the idea of a trade. Bump for you!

Quoted from billsfanmd:

#2956 8 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

Wow someone gives an honest opinion and the pumpers rush in. Hurry hurry step right up you will miss it. Get it while it's still available. Why are you here reading this.....

WTF?

All I said that AMH is going to be harder to find (than TZ). They made like 15,000 TZ and 150 AMH you do the math. (actually I'll do the math, for every 1 AMH made they made 100 TZ, that means TZ is 100x more common), with the number of TZ made it's likely that half the Pinsiders own or will own TZ. Not so with AMH.

I said Mike was a great guy to deal with, does that make me a pumper?

The reason I said Mike was great to deal with is because some people might not know that. He's a great seller and I doubt you'll hear any different. People might rather hear that and know he's a great seller, rather than deal with a total unknown some guy who just pops on here to sell a pin and you never see him again.

I agree with Stretch that AMH is probably/most likely a $6K+ game.

I never said it was the best game ever or that it's a steal (whatever a pumper might say).

#2957 8 years ago

I specifically did not name a person. You look at the for sale thread , one guy said the game is Meh and people rush in to dispute it.

For the record you did not pump it and shared your opinion. There are a few that gave the jump don't walk and move quickly and I found it to be pumping. Sorry rai if you thought I meant you.

#2958 8 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

I specifically did not name a person. You look at the for sale thread , one guy said the game is Meh and people rush in to dispute it.

If you look at reviews you'll find most (if not all) will contain a comment that says the game is Meh, you'll see it on MM, you'll see it on Tron etc.. So if someone says a game is Meh, I don't see a problem with another person saying it's cool everyone should be allowed to give an opinion.

I do see that people said grab it quick, that might reflect their opinion, plus the fact that this is a more limited game.

I was looking at a game RBION, I wanted this particular one because it was near mint, but people told me it was priced on the high side (not by a lot but with a firm asking price, the seller wouldn't budge even $200) so I passed on it. I regret it now because the price was a tad high but not horrendous. If someone does want an AMH they might want to consider this especially if they're local and they have a TZ to trade. It's easy to say no need to rush, but in my example with RBION, I was trying the old routine that (I think it's higher priced so I'll wait him out) so I ended up missing out on the pin I wanted because I was unwilling to meet the asking price and/or was holding out thinking it wouldn't sell and I'd get it for $200 less in a couple of weeks.

I've seen and played AMH (this game in fact) and while I don't think it's the best game ever. It's nice, and it's a rare pin. Does that mean it's any better than another game? Not necessarily, but it does mean that they're not making any more than 150 and that's a pretty small number.

#2960 8 years ago

Lightning is sold
Package deal for Pinbot and Lazer War if you take both in the next week

Stargate is possibly next as soon as I fix a coil issue

20160207_012404.jpg20160207_012404.jpg

00k0k_2tE1Ytknx7_600x450.jpg00k0k_2tE1Ytknx7_600x450.jpg

20160207_005500.jpg20160207_005500.jpg

#2961 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

If you look at reviews you'll find most (if not all) will contain a comment that says the game is Meh, you'll see it on MM, you'll see it on Tron etc.. So if someone says a game is Meh, I don't see a problem with another person saying it's cool everyone should be allowed to give an opinion.
I do see that people said grab it quick, that might reflect their opinion, plus the fact that this is a more limited game.
I was looking at a game RBION, I wanted this particular one because it was near mint, but people told me it was priced on the high side (not by a lot but with a firm asking price, the seller wouldn't budge even $200) so I passed on it. I regret it now because the price was a tad high but not horrendous. If someone does want an AMH they might want to consider this especially if they're local and they have a TZ to trade. It's easy to say no need to rush, but in my example with RBION, I was trying the old routine that (I think it's higher priced so I'll wait him out) so I ended up missing out on the pin I wanted because I was unwilling to meet the asking price and/or was holding out thinking it wouldn't sell and I'd get it for $200 less in a couple of weeks.
I've seen and played AMH (this game in fact) and while I don't think it's the best game ever. It's nice, and it's a rare pin. Does that mean it's any better than another game? Not necessarily, but it does mean that they're not making any more than 150 and that's a pretty small number.

That worked out better for you imo since you got a awesome deal on a met which I know you love now .

#2962 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

That worked out better for you imo since you got a awesome deal on a met which I know you love now .

Yes, Met is now nailed to my floor. Still wouldn't mind having a RBION as well, if the price was right.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#2964 8 years ago

TZ meh? Taylor, c'mon...at the time it was an engineering marvel with the most new patents ever for a pinball. May still be.

The game captured so many memorable moments of one of the best shows ever. It may be hard to appreciate how insightful Serling was unless you lived through the fear of the sixties.

Pinball captures so many aspects of life: technology; culture; engineering; music; art. Games like TZ and Creech capture perfectly those aspects in an integrated manner.

You are the best skilled player I have met and know personally, so the gameplay may get old as it does for me too, and I am no where near your skills. But to dismiss the game summarily is really beneath you, in my opinion.

The only game that may have had such an impact on pinball is WOZ, with good reason, whether one likes that or not.

Whether you like it or not, the game's impact can't be denied and so is unmehable

#2965 8 years ago
Quoted from MrWizzo:

TZ meh? Taylor, c'mon...at the time it was an engineering marvel with the most new patents ever for a pinball. May still be.
The game captured so many memorable moments of one of the best shows ever. It may be hard to appreciate how insightful Serling was unless you lived through the fear of the sixties.
Pinball captures so many aspects of life: technology; culture; engineering; music; art. Games like TZ and Creech capture perfectly those aspects in an integrated manner.
You are the best skilled player I have met and know personally, so the gameplay may get old as it does for me too, and I am no where near your skills. But to dismiss the game summarily is really beneath you, in my opinion.
The only game that has had such an impact on pinball is WOZ, with good reason, whether one likes that or not.
Whether you like it or not, the game's impact can't be denied and so is unmehable

I'm going to defend Taylor here. TZ is a game I WISH I could love, but I just can't. Never got into it, and I've had multiple people give me in-person tutorials to help me get an appreciation for it. I'm a HUGE fan of the show, but the music, the sounds, and the mind-numbing amount of stuff going on with the playfield just bogs the whole game down for me. So I certainly can understand how he feels that way.

That said, I'm considering restoring one next year. I'm thinking ripping the whole thing apart and rebuilding it from the ground up will give me a better appreciation for the game. If I grow to love it, I'll keep it. If I still hate it, I'll just sell the thing and be done with it. In the end, there's nothing bad about another TZ being brought back to its former glory.

#2966 8 years ago

I hope Taylor knows me well enough to know I wasn't attacking him.

Tearing a game apart does help appreciate it in terms of design, but not sure it will do anything for gameplay. It did for me and TZ. Really a lot of cool stuff going on in there.

Maybe I do not properly understand "meh". It seems to me to mean a dismissive indifference more than a dislike. I do not love TZ, but I appreciate it for what it is. Creech I love.

Take for example AC/DC. Never liked the band or it's music and no desire to play the pin because of the theme, BUT clearly there is a lot of cool design in the game. I can say I may not like the game because of its theme, but I cannot declare it meh, because it is a substantial pin in terms of design and depth, but just not to my liking.

Now for me, meh is something like Striker Extreme. Nothing innovative in design or gameplay.

#2967 8 years ago

I certainly don't view it as an attack and I certainly appreciate that everyone has their likes and dislikes.

Its just not that fun, to me, and why I give it a "meh." Stop and go and the ability to get to LITZ through hitting minimal shots hurts the game. I love Lawlor's games but the ruleset are often too simple for a long life in my game room.

I think it's a game worth owning because it's a classic but it's not a game that has legs in my collection. But I tend to gravitate towards short play games like BSD, I500 and DW.

#2968 8 years ago

Beelzeboob Is "meh."

#2969 8 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Beelzeboob Is "meh."

Now THAT'S something we can all agree on!

#2970 8 years ago

boobs ok in my book!

#2971 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Now THAT'S something we can all agree on!

Okay, I'm in!

#2973 8 years ago

Slightly off topic and relatively new to Pinside, although not forums in general. I didn't see sub-forum for regional posts other than this FS thread. Has it been talked about before to have regional sub-forums where Mid-Atlantic pinsiders could have random discussions?

Anyways, as for the slightly off topic post. I was visiting Baltimore yesterday and I just happened to stumble upon the website www.pinballmap.com which in turn pointed me to a restaurant that was 5 miles from my location, "Holy Frijoles". Has anyone ever been here before? For those who haven't it's a small Mexican eatery that has 9 pins, 6 of which are in the top 50. I was excited to head there for dinner and some pinball action as several of the machines there I have never played. Upon arrival I scanned the machines and noticed coin slots covered up on almost every pin, broken DMD on Lethal Weapon, missing pinball on Guns N Roses, both coin slots bad on Creature From the Black Lagoon (although I eventually fixed one of the slots), and broken plastic/glass on the classic EM Cherry Bell that had the ball trapped on the jet bumpers (which I managed to shake the hell out of the game and had the plastic slide down to the side of the pin which in turn made it playable!) Overall me and the girlfriend had a great time there playing the games that were playable. I will now be buying an EM game just because of all the cool sounds it makes. LOTR was my favorite pin, which she enjoyed very much as well as she even popped it on her second game. Elvira was a close second for her.

Finally this led me to try and find places in DE to play pinball machine as pinballmap.com doesn't list any places to play. I know they have 2 pins at the bar 1984 in Wilmington, one pin in Milford bowling lanes, and the WOZ at the arcade in Rehoboth. Any Delaware pinsiders have any additional info?

Again, sorry for the slightly off topic post.

#2974 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'm thinking ripping the whole thing apart and rebuilding it from the ground up will give me a better appreciation for the game.

Maybe - but I believe you're still likely to hate it. TZ is one game i have never really enjoyed all that much either.

#2975 8 years ago

TZ is a fun unique game. It deserves its spot amongst the A titles. I'm way past the honeymoon stage with it and it always has that charm for me. It might be easy to get lost in the zone quickly but that doesn't guarantee a GC caliber score. You need way more than a LITZ to get on my scoreboard. There's a few different ways to get big points on TZ and it really just comes down to skillful play and battling the game. Set your game up hard with no extra balls and wide outlanes and you'll never get bored playing it. Watch some PAPA finals tourney videos of it and get inspired.

If others don't feel the same, no sweat for me, I just like sharing my thoughts on it when I can because I really enjoy mine.

#2976 8 years ago

I know it's off-topic, but I'll add in that -
Og al lthe games I've ever owned, TZ will never, ever leave my collection.

However - a LOT of that is nostalgic reasons. If I wasn't familiar with the game today, and went to play one for a first or second time.. I'd probably be utterly confused and not find it that interesting, until I've put a LOT of coins into it and took the time to work everything out.. Which, I'll admit - I'm a slow learner.. it'd take me a while.

#2977 8 years ago

Trying to decide if this is a smart move. Please give me your thoughts. I don't want to regret this decision:

1. RRWOZ - I really want this pinball to go beside my Hobbit.
2. TZ - I would have to sell/trade my beautiful heavy modded TZ.
3. Plus some cash but the RRWOZ is brand new.
4. TZ - they made 15,235 of them (should not be hard to get back-right?)

What are some pros/cons to this? All feedback is welcome.

#2978 8 years ago

I played my buddies LE green WOZ this weekend. It is a fun game but I really was not into the theme. I own a TZ and it would be sellers regret for sure if I ever let it go. That said, it is really a personal opinion but I think that most would prefer a TZ than a WOZ. If yours is nice and heavily modded it may be hard to find one as nice.

Quoted from Skyemont:

Trying to decide if this is a smart move. Please give me your thoughts. I don't want to regret this decision:

#2979 8 years ago

TZ is phat.

That said, if you've played it a lot you might be better off with a WoZ.

I have this problem (letting go), I have a super nice PotC which I don't play a whole lot since I've owned it forever. Wouldn't it make more sense for me to sell it and get TWD which I've never played?

The answer is yes, makes all the sense in the world, but the problem is I don't want to get rid of my PotC which I have had for 8 years, which is still fun, which I haven't beaten yet, and I have started the Pinside PotC owners club.

#2980 8 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

The only one that can answer this is you There are a lot of tz and woz out there. No shortage of either title. I have been looking at several tz just trying to find the right combination of price , mods, condition and location.

#2981 8 years ago

I have a friend that is willing to trade for about 3 months his WOZ for my MB. Just a part time trade. Not permanent. Maybe I should go this route to get it out of my system.

#2982 8 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I have a friend that is willing to trade for about 3 months his WOZ for my MB. Just a part time trade. Not permanent. Maybe I should go this route to get it out of my system.

just visit him more often.

#2983 8 years ago

TZ is a Zizzle compared to WOZ.

#2984 8 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

I like you more and more...

#2985 8 years ago

New in box GOT premium I will have in my truck at auction. Can be delivered back to Winchester DC area for 75 dollars.

Auction is Sat

Thanks
Buddy

#2986 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

TZ is phat.
That said, if you've played it a lot you might be better off with a WoZ.
I have this problem (letting go), I have a super nice PotC which I don't play a whole lot since I've owned it forever. Wouldn't it make more sense for me to sell it and get TWD which I've never played?
The answer is yes, makes all the sense in the world, but the problem is I don't want to get rid of my PotC which I have had for 8 years, which is still fun, which I haven't beaten yet, and I have started the Pinside PotC owners club.

Same exact thing here, hard to part with machines and tempted to sell my potc. I want to be 100% sure before I list it cause I almost sold my sttng, sg, and tf at one point and would have regretted it.

#2987 8 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

Same exact thing here, hard to part with machines and tempted to sell my potc. I want to be 100% sure before I list it cause I almost sold my sttng, sg, and tf at one point and would have regretted it.

I hear you. I sold my SM and with that money got Met pro. I really liked SM a lot but I love Met pro so I made a good decision.

I probably would have/could have sold my PotC instead of SM. I just wasn't as attached to SM since I had just owned it for 8 months not 8 years. I liked it just as well or better than PotC but I'm kind of attached to the old pirate. It's not something that makes any sense. I should have sold the old pirate and kept the SM.

But this goes back to the other thread why I like a larger collection, have some room to keep some pins around even if I don't play them a lot.

#2988 8 years ago

I sold Congo to get my Met and would do it again. Met is awesome.

#2989 8 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

just visit him more often.

He is in VA Beach so I would need to trade for atleast 3 months. Once my pinball league takes a break here soon, I will make the switch.

#2990 8 years ago

Anybody have an X men pro?

#2991 8 years ago

Here we've been enjoying the Viper Night Drivin' I picked up last week.

#2992 8 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Finally this led me to try and find places in DE to play pinball machine as pinballmap.com doesn't list any places to play. I know they have 2 pins at the bar 1984 in Wilmington, one pin in Milford bowling lanes, and the WOZ at the arcade in Rehoboth. Any Delaware pinsiders have any additional info?
Again, sorry for the slightly off topic post.

You're probably better off just driving to Ocean City, MD and playing at Marty's on the boardwalk at the inlet or one of the other arcades there. Marty's is not the Mecca it used to be but still has a nice selection. There's an arcade around 134th Street, just over the line, and a few scattered games at the Old Pro golf courses. The Carousel used to have a few pins in their arcade as well. Not sure what's open off season.

#2993 8 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

As is true for most when compared to WOZ, yet pretty high praise for Zizzle.

#2994 8 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

Anyways, as for the slightly off topic post. I was visiting Baltimore yesterday and I just happened to stumble upon the website http://www.pinballmap.com

pinballmap.com is great and gave me a pin-route through the Pittsburgh area over the Thanksgiving holiday... got to play lots of great pinball along the way and updated every place i stopped aside from Kickback and Coinophof.

#2995 8 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I recently traded damn near my entire collection (kept only one pin) for a NIB RRWOZ (Thanks Buddy!) and have no regrets. I don't think I will ever sell it and that's saying a lot for me. I love to sell me some pins! LOL! While I wouldn't call TZ a Zizzle, it certainly doesn't compare to WOZ in my book. YMMV.

#2996 8 years ago
Quoted from SergioJ:

You're probably better off just driving to Ocean City, MD and playing at Marty's on the boardwalk at the inlet or one of the other arcades there. Marty's is not the Mecca it used to be but still has a nice selection. There's an arcade around 134th Street, just over the line, and a few scattered games at the Old Pro golf courses. The Carousel used to have a few pins in their arcade as well. Not sure what's open off season.

Marty's has a few Stern's but that's about it. They used to have a great selection of solid state and WPC games but they sold them all and bought Pros. Marty's, Sportland, and Fun City on the boardwalk are all in jeopardy of being shut down with the new "redemption games is a form of gambling" law in Maryland.

The Arcade across the street from the Pirate Golf on 128th has a Dirty Harry, a Gilligan, and a Whirlwind that looks like its been in a Tornado.

#2997 8 years ago

Dammit! I go away for 2 days. Reddog, Sorry about that I wish everything was functioning better on your visit to holy frijoles. There's nothing worse then a broken pin well I guess 3 broken pins Time to make the tacos.

#2998 8 years ago
Quoted from dannylite:

Dammit! I go away for 2 days. Reddog, Sorry about that I wish everything was functioning better on your visit to holy frijoles. There's nothing worse then a broken pin well I guess 3 broken pins Time to make the tacos.

Dannylite, do you happen to work there or be the owner by chance? Also, at the end of the day, even with 3 broken pins, me and the girlfriend still had a great time. We both got to play CFTBG, Bride of Pinbot, Elvira, and LOTR all for the first time ever. This was the second time now that she has played a newer stern with the other one being the Walking Dead, a show she absolutely loves, but she told me she enjoyed LOTR much better than the Walking Dead pin. So I would rate the visit as a positive one for sure!

#2999 8 years ago

Looking for a Black Rose, I can pick up.

#3000 8 years ago
Quoted from StevenW123:

Looking for a Black Rose, I can pick up.

Don't they all weigh about the same ? I bet if you can pick one up, you could pick any of them up.

There are 18,042 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 361.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-fs-in-maryland-right-now-maryland-fs-thread/page/60 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.