(Topic ID: 92448)

What's FS in Maryland,Va,DC,Pa,De right now ? Md and surrounding area FS Thread.

By stretch2

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,022 posts
  • 930 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by Spelunk71
  • Topic is favorited by 561 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20160803_162543_(resized).jpg
20160722_211350_(resized).jpg
mame_(resized).jpg
20160513_190649_(resized).jpg
20160513_190611_(resized).jpg
20160513_190934_(resized).jpg
20160513_190936_(resized).jpg
20160718_201832_(resized).jpg
20160718_201822_(resized).jpg
20160718_201617_(resized).jpg
20160718_201515_(resized).jpg
20160718_201508_(resized).jpg
20160718_201426_(resized).jpg
20160718_201458_(resized).jpg
20160718_201434_(resized).jpg
20160718_201353_(resized).jpg
There are 18,022 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 361.
#2701 8 years ago
Quoted from yonizzell:

Besides, it's not cool to question a mans work ethic- only 80% done- really??

I don't think he was questioning your ethics.
He was questioning the stop point. I'm sure the work is done very well. The issue is that its not a complete teardown as quoted. The inside of the cabinet gets it ass kicked and deserves the same attention to detail as the rest if the pin. GLWTS truthfully.

Anyone who has done a full restoration understands that its a ton of work. That said it does get frustrating to see things close but no cigar
Hell last year at the Allentown show someone was selling a " totally restored TAF "chromed out and everything. Cabinet similar to this and the never even replaced the missing foam on the targets.

Please don't take his Question offensively consider it constructive criticism.

#2702 8 years ago
Quoted from tstone:

Man, you said it.
Most of the additions are just pointless bickering and nonsense now.
Reminds me of a bunch of little girls being squirted with a garden hose.

Wish they were big girls in bikinis if we're gonna look at it that way.

#2703 8 years ago

How "big"??

#2704 8 years ago
Quoted from yonizzell:

You're entitled to your opinion,but unfortunately my experience with Pinsiders has shown me that many "collectors" don't know as much as they think they do.

But wait...aren't YOU a collector?

(Sorry...but this just occurred to me after some extensive thought.)

#2705 8 years ago

34 c does it for me.

#2706 8 years ago

This hobby is over the top now. I didn't paint the inside of the cabinet because it was in pretty nice shape and pretty clean ( not to mention that they weren't painted from the factory). I had no idea that Pinsiders had made a proclamation that a pin can't be considered fully restored if the inside of the cabinet isn't painted. Unbelievable!

#2707 8 years ago

Ok to get this thread back on topic I'm going to offer one of my pins for sale!
Nope, tried that before and couldn't let any go. So I am going to offer a bag of used screws from an EM Gotlieb playfield tear down. Only 10 bucks for the bag. Sorry no pictures it's a mystery bag. Shipping will be exact cost.

#2708 8 years ago
Quoted from yonizzell:

This hobby is over the top now. I didn't paint the inside of the cabinet because it was in pretty nice shape and pretty clean ( not to mention that they weren't painted from the factory). I had no idea that Pinsiders had made a proclamation that a pin can't be considered fully restored if the inside of the cabinet isn't painted. Unbelievable!

Agreed! How far? Plastics are now being remade for a lot of games, do they need to be new, new repro ramps, new translite, new legs? I feel the more the game retains the original parts, or in this case the cabinet paint, during a restoration...the better.

#2709 8 years ago

Are they screws or bolts? Please be very specific...because some people confuse them. And maybe my definition of a screw or bolt differs from yours.

#2710 8 years ago
Quoted from yonizzell:

Good point. If it's nice leave it alone.

#2711 8 years ago

Sorry to muck up you for sale thread. I will move my thoughts to a new thread

#2712 8 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Ok to get this thread back on topic I'm going to offer one of my pins for sale!
Nope, tried that before and couldn't let any go. So I am going to offer a bag of used screws from an EM Gotlieb playfield tear down. Only 10 bucks for the bag. Sorry no pictures it's a mystery bag. Shipping will be exact cost.

Why aren't you providing all details? What do you have to hide? Paper bag, plastic, zip lock, twist tie? Sheesh!

#2713 8 years ago
Quoted from MrWizzo:

Why aren't you providing all details? What do you have to hide? Paper bag, plastic, zip lock, twist tie? Sheesh!

Pinsiders are soo touchy!

But seriously I see you have a few EM's I did tear down a couple EM playfields and saved everything from them. I have more then one bag, probably a large box of several bags. If interested PM me.

#2714 8 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Pinsiders are soo touchy!
But seriously I see you have a few EM's I did tear down a couple EM playfields and saved everything from them. I have more then one bag, probably a large box of several bags. If interested PM me.

PM sent.

#2715 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

No bickering. I asked a fair question and somebody took offense. That's not my problem.
And yes...I've squirted little girls with a garden hose.
Back to selling stuff!

Looks beautiful!

#2716 8 years ago

FS players FH 3k

Let's get this thread on track

#2717 8 years ago

I agree lets get my favorite thread back to topic...

Players condition SEGA VIPER NIGHT DRIVIN, works great, playfield is beautiful, however cabinet is a little rough so this is a players condition machine. POSTED IN MARKETPLACE $1800. HOWEVER TO GET THIS THREAD BACK ON TRACK ref this thread in your PM and offer $1600 and its yours. Also PM for lots of HONEST pictures and details.

VIPER4_(resized).jpgVIPER4_(resized).jpg
VIPER10_(resized).jpgVIPER10_(resized).jpg

#2718 8 years ago

Wow, that viper sounds like a great deal! Glad you are too far, I'd be 1600 poorer

#2719 8 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

I can if you'd like, but I just watched it and it's literally a quick walk through the arcade with the backglasses full frame. A bit dizzying, only shot so I could make a list of his current games. I had noticed there's no entry on pinballmap.com and the one on here hasn't been updated since 2012 so a couple great titles are missing so I figured I'd get it all together. And yeah, Bob's a sweetheart. I'm all dug out, tempted to hike over there and see if he's open. =)
» YouTube video

Looks awesome! What's the name of this place?

#2720 8 years ago

Sorry just seen the name a few posts down.

#2721 8 years ago

Got a decent Players Condition SW:EP1 (light saber currently not working) looking for a DESW in same condition.

Players Condition in my book:
No wear on the playfield
Fully functional, or minor issues only, lights, rubber, needs cleaning - needing shopped(whoa there's another term needing defined)
Usual nicks, dings and cosmetic issues on cab

If you have a DESW and looking to trade, PM me, will exchange info and Pics

I am in the DC Metro area and can easily handle pick up and delivery as part of my end of the deal. Lets see whats available in a couple hundred miles first though...

Thanks

#2722 8 years ago

why can't any thread ever just stay on topic

#2723 8 years ago
Quoted from happilymarried05:

why can't any thread ever just stay on topic

says the North Carolinian in the MD, VA, DC, PA, DE FS/FT thread.

#2724 8 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

says the North Carolinian in the MD, VA, DC, PA, DE FS/FT thread.

hey va is less than an hour from me and dc only 3

#2725 8 years ago

Well, it does say "surrounding area." I'm three hours from DC as well, so let's add Jersey to the mix.

#2726 8 years ago

Got any DESW to trade? NC, NJ is all close enough for my needs !

#2727 8 years ago

I need to visit the northeast thread more often!! There's all kinds of good stuff in there for sale. I hate traveling long distance , but I may have to make some sacrifices lol

#2728 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Well, it does say "surrounding area." I'm three hours from DC as well, so let's add Jersey to the mix.

I get that but when a round trip to get a pin is in the 20hr range it doesn't have that local feel anymore. With that said, and the way people are so spread out in this thread, it would be nice to see a network set up to move pins from state to state. I have piggybacked games when picking up games and a decent network would really help make pins more affordable. Food for thought.

#2729 8 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

I get that but when a round trip to get a pin is in the 20hr range it doesn't have that local feel anymore. With that said, and the way people are so spread out in this thread, it would be nice to see a network set up to move pins from state to state. I have piggybacked games when picking up games and a decent network would really help make pins more affordable. Food for thought.

Yeah it's just really hard to narrow that down, though .. I mean - far west Maryland to far east Maryland is a heck of a haul as well, or from corner to corner of PA, whereas NC to Southern VA may not be that far at all. Some sort of network does seem like a logical idea, and it wouldn't seem that hard to implement. Simply put in where you are coming and going from, and how much room you have. It could not only make pin prices better, easier to get, but also the guys doing the traveling would also make extra money without going too far out of their way. Seems like a win/win/win.

#2730 8 years ago

Seriously! I saw a pin listed in WV recently and thought, "Hey I have family in WV..." A little Google mapping and discovered my WV people were 5 hours away from it and I'm only half that. There are a couple pins I've seen on here that I would have split the shipping on but passed because I didn't have the time to go get them and didn't like the deal once the cost of shipping was included, assuming the seller was even willing to ship.

#2731 8 years ago

I drove almost to WV to get one.

I figure it's gonna be a pain today, but tomorrow I'll have the machine...

#2732 8 years ago

Real nice Guns & Roses for $5500.
PM me for pictures

#2733 8 years ago

Used MB playfield. Factory mylars. No raised inserts. Treasure Cove decal. Drac trak repaired. Scoop hole repaired but would use a cliffy. Happy to include one if I can find it. $525 plus shipping.

Dan

IMG_20160123_115325648_(resized).jpgIMG_20160123_115325648_(resized).jpg

IMG_20160108_115957541_TOP_(resized).jpgIMG_20160108_115957541_TOP_(resized).jpg

IMG_20160108_115931363_(resized).jpgIMG_20160108_115931363_(resized).jpg

IMG_20160108_115905739_(resized).jpgIMG_20160108_115905739_(resized).jpg

IMG_20160108_115949732_(resized).jpgIMG_20160108_115949732_(resized).jpg

IMG_20160108_115849965_(resized).jpgIMG_20160108_115849965_(resized).jpg

IMG_20160108_115825751_(resized).jpgIMG_20160108_115825751_(resized).jpg

#2734 8 years ago

Wv, va,, pa, dc, md , nj, are all well within driving distance imo .

#2735 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

If it's something you really want sure.

#2736 8 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

If it's something you really want sure.

Guess im lucky in a way bc im kinda in the middle of everything and can be to pa , wv, va within a few minutes and dc in 45 min.

#2737 8 years ago

Everything is in driving distance until you get wet.

#2738 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Guess im lucky in a way bc im kinda in the middle of everything and can be to pa , wv, va within a few minutes and dc in 45 min.

I have driven over 400 miles one way. That's about as far as I will go.

#2739 8 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I have driven over 400 miles one way. That's about as far as I will go.

Yep around 4 hours one way is about our limit .

#2740 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

You're doing 120 mph with no traffic if you can get from Hagerstown to DC in 45 min. haha

#2741 8 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

You're doing 120 mph with no traffic if you can get from Hagerstown to DC in 45 min. haha

I meant the dc surrounding area but yea actual downtown dc is 1.15-1.30 and Baltimore is around a hr. It's funny when I drive we get to places alot sooner than if she is lol.
Still im in a pretty decent spot in the middle of everything and can get to most major mid alantic cities within a hr or 2 .

#2742 8 years ago

Also if anyone has a work van they wanna sell or know of a decent work van pm me .... Thanks

#2743 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I guess the furthest I have driven from Herndon VA was up to Ashbury Park to get a WW from Barry many years ago about 4 hours , and to pick up what was my AFM from an operator in Swansboro NC about 6.5 hours, which he delivered to my house on Emerald Isle free of charge.

Used to rue shipping costs, but with games appreciating the way they do, I have never lost any money on a game and that includes shipping.

#2744 8 years ago

Don't have a work van to sell, but I do have an 04 F250 Diesel and 14x7 enclosed trailer. Will give a shout out to the group if/when I head out to shows this year... Will be my first year going & don't thing the wife will let me fill up, so probably have room for "friends"

#2745 8 years ago

I actually do have a work van to sell but it's not set up for moving pins as-is. It's an '02 Chevy Express 1500 panel van with the barn doors and a full bulkhead. Also has ladder racks on the roof and drawers/shelves/fire box/etc. in the back, which I'd imagine you'd want to pull out to make room for pins. Nice soft rubber floor though, games ought to slide in and out easily.

Bought it from Sprint at 62K, think I'm up to ~160K. Left over from a business I sold 1.5 years ago, vinyl graphics removed but could use a bit of touch-up. Brand new heater core & blower, only a couple K miles on the tires at most. Has a hitch receiver but the wiring harness was dragged to death.

#2746 8 years ago

If someone needs a pin moving van, I highly recommend a Toyota Previa. Can buy one for under $2000 and remove the seats and you have enough space for 3 pins plus gear. Plus it's a Toyota, so it'll run a long time.

#2747 8 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

If someone needs a pin moving van, I highly recommend a Toyota Previa. Can buy one for under $2000 and remove the seats and you have enough space for 3 pins plus gear. Plus it's a Toyota, so it'll run a long time.

Where can you buy one for under $2000? I rarely even see them on the road, let alone for sale. Didn't they stop bringing them here like twenty years ago?

#2748 8 years ago

Enough with the distance discussion...Christ.

#2749 8 years ago

Exactly Pinphila Someone sell me a TZ

#2750 8 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

Where can you buy one for under $2000? I rarely even see them on the road, let alone for sale. Didn't they stop bringing them here like twenty years ago?

Just search Craigslist. I bought one last April, a '95 with a supercharger and 150,000 miles. Runs great and I've made many 4+ hour trips with it. Brought several pins and a slot to York and had it loaded with several pins coming back from NJ a few times.

They are still being made overseas and many are used as taxis. My daughter in law and her husband are stationed in Okinawa right now and see them all the time there, just under a different name.

There are 18,022 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 361.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-fs-in-maryland-right-now-maryland-fs-thread/page/55 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.