(Topic ID: 92448)

What's FS in Maryland,Va,DC,Pa,De right now ? Md and surrounding area FS Thread.

By stretch2

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18,042 posts
  • 931 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by Sweetwillie
  • Topic is favorited by 561 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20160803_162543_(resized).jpg
20160722_211350_(resized).jpg
mame_(resized).jpg
20160513_190649_(resized).jpg
20160513_190611_(resized).jpg
20160513_190934_(resized).jpg
20160513_190936_(resized).jpg
20160718_201832_(resized).jpg
20160718_201822_(resized).jpg
20160718_201617_(resized).jpg
20160718_201515_(resized).jpg
20160718_201508_(resized).jpg
20160718_201426_(resized).jpg
20160718_201458_(resized).jpg
20160718_201434_(resized).jpg
20160718_201353_(resized).jpg
There are 18,042 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 361.
#2651 8 years ago

Lol. When you lie about someone. That is illegal. Just remember that.

#2652 8 years ago

I was gonna point out the horrific spelling and grammar similarities, but if they both skipped school a lot they could very well be brothers . Lying is now illegal...lmao

#2653 8 years ago

Please share the lie , otherwise we cannot believe you and Greg of course.

#2654 8 years ago

Livers are the wurst.

#2655 8 years ago

Go back in the thread and read Sheetz-freak1's 2 posts. They contradict themself. The first his says "Let me preface this by saying I have no ill will towards Greg as he is a great guy and most of his pins are top notch."

Then the next he say Greg disrespected his wife.

All this has been forwarded to the mods. Along with the texts where he was still trying to get Greg to sell him games the next week.

#2656 8 years ago

Maybe he was being diplomatic in the first post and not mentioning the issue with his wife until he was provoked. Usually when the truth is shared it strikes a nerve and Greg flipped and told everyone to F themselves including the moderators. I am part of everyone and was offended. There are also young kids that read these posts. "Please someone think of the children"

#2657 8 years ago

Your right about the curse words. Being offended. And lying and ganging up on someone is even more offensive. Greg already said he was wrong and lost his cool. But when that guy did that on top of what already going on. Just saying.

#2658 8 years ago

Can we try to keep this on topic? Perhaps this would be better in the basement. We don't need any drama in this thread!

#2659 8 years ago

Was just responding to the guys asking about Greg. Then up popped the #1 trouble maker in the thread. Greg has sold a lot of games to the guys in the what's for sale thread here. There is still 25 or so left. There 2 different suitcases also if interested.

#2660 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinman52:

All this has been forwarded to the mods.

Speaking on my behalf only, I see absolutely nothing that has been sent in as a report or feedback thread, nor is there anything on the mod chat about this. If you've PMed it to someone in particular, maybe they haven't gotten around to it, but it's not common mod knowledge at all. Feel free to start a mod feedback thread if you want to discuss it with all of us, but for now the number of reports about the bickering on this thread is the only reason I'm here or know anything is going on. You two take it to PM or start a feedback thread, but stop the drama here please.

#2661 8 years ago

Got 2 multicades also. On is a 60 in 1 in a ms pacman cabinet. The other is a ultimate arcade.

#2662 8 years ago

It just got sent in tonight

#2663 8 years ago

You got it. Thanks.

#2664 8 years ago

The initials of the complete name of the wizard of oz spell Oz Pinhead.

Truth is stranger than fiction.

#2665 8 years ago

Recently sold my AC/DC Pro and now I'm looking for an AC/DC LE/Premium Or Luci to put in its place. If I find the right deal Funhouse may be available for sale, or offer it in trade as part of a deal (Gasp!)

#2666 8 years ago

Pinman52, tell your brother to make me a deal on his TZ and Ill forgive him

#2667 8 years ago

Man, Take it to the basement already, I hate liver. Lets get back to buying and selling pins.

#2668 8 years ago

He is trying to buy a pin, technically on point. Not even chopped liver?

#2669 8 years ago
Quoted from MrWizzo:

Is St. Peters where the EM arcade is?

Sure is. I shot a quick video there last weekend on my way home from work so I could update the list of machines there.

I love that place, am there almost every weekend (he's only open Sat & Sun, noon-5pm).

#2670 8 years ago

The TZ you asked about is priced higher. Because of all of the new parts installed, with a complete tear down. Everything is new. Even comes with a extra cpu and the ultra rare IGT topper.

imagejpeg_0_3_(resized).jpgimagejpeg_0_3_(resized).jpg

imagejpeg_1_(resized).jpgimagejpeg_1_(resized).jpg

imagejpeg_2_(resized).jpgimagejpeg_2_(resized).jpg

imagejpeg_3_4_(resized).jpgimagejpeg_3_4_(resized).jpg

#2671 8 years ago

I thought this was a "what's for sale thread?"

#2672 8 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

Sure is. I shot a quick video there last weekend on my way home from work so I could update the list of machines there.
I love that place, am there almost every weekend (he's only open Sat & Sun, noon-5pm).

I gotta get up there. Been on my list for a while. Can you upload the video?

I spoke to the owner once, and he seems like a really great guy.

#2673 8 years ago
Quoted from mtbpinball:

I thought this was a "what's for sale thread?"

Traditionally, pinball festivus is celebrated in the latter half of January.

#2674 8 years ago

Even though some guys have issues with Greg. This TZ was done by another Pinsider.YONIZZELL in Pa did the work on the game. He sent the cabinet and head out for the prep work. Was clear coated before the new cabinet artwork was installed.

There was no cheap flip to the work done on this game. There was battery acid that got on the cpu. Cpu was repaired. A new cpu will also come with the game as a extra.

#2675 8 years ago

I'm in Florida with nothing to shovel. Gives me time to window shop for a TZ in between caring for my ailing father.
This MD group is awesome and have met lots of great local guys. Have been given several TZ leads so thanks for help.

Stay safe shoveling. Seems every winter there are 1 or 2 deaths in our county from shoveling

#2676 8 years ago

Bigd1979 has talked about selling his several times. Says he's willing to strip the mods off for a lower price. I hear his is one of the nicest in the area.

#2677 8 years ago

pinman52 I sent you a pm

#2678 8 years ago

I'm not trying to be a wise ass (for once) and I'm dead serious about this question:

Can somebody please explain to me why in God's name you would strip an entire cabinet down, Bondo and sand the thing, paint and decal it, and NOT complete the restoration of the inside of the cabinet? (I'm referring to the TZ above, obviously.) That seems like a shortcut that's not only lazy, but, um...not too smart. What's the point of a restoration that's only 80 percent? How much tougher can the other 20 percent be?

#2679 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'm not trying to be a wise ass (for once) and I'm dead serious about this question:
Can somebody please explain to me why in God's name you would strip an entire cabinet down, Bondo and sand the thing, paint and decal it, and NOT complete the restoration of the inside of the cabinet? (I'm referring to the TZ above, obviously.) That seems like a shortcut that's not only lazy, but, um...not too smart. What's the point of a restoration that's only 80 percent? How much tougher can the other 20 percent be?

I would have to agree. Alot of work done here but its like you are in a 5K run and stop at 4.5 miles. When I redid my FT, I went all the way.

photo5_(resized).JPGphoto5_(resized).JPG

photo_(resized).JPGphoto_(resized).JPG

#2680 8 years ago

Can't answer that. It was bought from another Pinsider. And paid him to order a lot more things and add it to the game. I will post detailed pics of the inside and Playfield soon.

I can tell you it does not look like the FT.

#2681 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

The *only* reason I can think of is that "that's how it cam from the factory". Only the top insides of the cabinets were done.. Not saying it's a good or bad reason, just a reason.

#2682 8 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

The *only* reason I can think of is that "that's how it cam from the factory". Only the top insides of the cabinets were done.. Not saying it's a good or bad reason, just a reason.

Okay, I get that. But it's not a big deal to depopulate the inside of a cab. And the way this was done, you're left with a clear line of fresh paint superimposed on old paint. And then there's the floor of the cabinet, which traditionally doesn't hold up well after 20 years...

#2683 8 years ago
Quoted from MrWizzo:

I gotta get up there. Been on my list for a while. Can you upload the video?
I spoke to the owner once, and he seems like a really great guy.

I can if you'd like, but I just watched it and it's literally a quick walk through the arcade with the backglasses full frame. A bit dizzying, only shot so I could make a list of his current games. I had noticed there's no entry on pinballmap.com and the one on here hasn't been updated since 2012 so a couple great titles are missing so I figured I'd get it all together. And yeah, Bob's a sweetheart. I'm all dug out, tempted to hike over there and see if he's open. =)

#2684 8 years ago

Tell you what. I will post he pics of it. Then we can all see it. I can only imagine that the inside was clean and nice. But we will all get to see it soon. Maybe tomorrow even.

#2685 8 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Hey, you know what? I'm opening my small basement game room to anyone that wants to come over and play. I don't usually do this, but hell.. Today only.
Some plowing may be necessary...!

My offer's still open for today, and likely tomorrow! BYOP (Bring Your Own Plow), and you can try and beat my TZ. If you do.. uhm.. there will be some reward.

I'm sick of snow already.

#2686 8 years ago

Boob- have you ever done a complete restoration of a pin? Have you ever noticed that pins came from the factory painted from where you saw the cab I did? I didn't know the inside of the cabinet mattered as much as the things you see when you are actually playing the machine. I have nothing to be ashamed of and I would put my work up against anyone. Not that I'm trying to boast, it's just that I know how meticulous I am when I do a restoration. Ask Halomojo about my work- or you could ask Greg (Pinman52) lol

#2687 8 years ago

Besides, it's not cool to question a mans work ethic- only 80% done- really??

#2688 8 years ago

This used to be my favorite thread on Pinside...

Now it's stuffed with drama.

Come guys ... Let's get it back on track

#2689 8 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

I can if you'd like, but I just watched it and it's literally a quick walk through the arcade with the backglasses full frame. A bit dizzying, only shot so I could make a list of his current games. I had noticed there's no entry on pinballmap.com and the one on here hasn't been updated since 2012 so a couple great titles are missing so I figured I'd get it all together. And yeah, Bob's a sweetheart. I'm all dug out, tempted to hike over there and see if he's open. =)
» YouTube video

Thanks. I didn't realize there were that many arcade games there. Several EMs there I cannot ever remember playing. Looking forward to seeing the list you put together.

Dan

#2690 8 years ago

I hate liver

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#2691 8 years ago
Quoted from MrWizzo:

Thanks. I didn't realize there were that many arcade games there. Several EMs there I cannot ever remember playing. Looking forward to seeing the list you put together.
Dan

https://pinside.com/pinball/map/where-to-play/village-arcade-saint-peters-pa-united-states

Got the one on here updated, will do the one on pinballmap.com next.

You're welcome,
matt

#2692 8 years ago
Quoted from yonizzell:

Boob- have you ever done a complete restoration of a pin?

Yes.

Quoted from yonizzell:

Have you ever noticed that pins came from the factory painted from where you saw the cab I did?

No.

Quoted from yonizzell:

I didn't know the inside of the cabinet mattered as much as the things you see when you are actually playing the machine.

It does.

Quoted from yonizzell:

Besides, it's not cool to question a mans work ethic- only 80% done- really??

Yes. That's your choice to stop before the entire restoration is finished. I don't, and that's my choice. It's also the way HEP and other top restorers do things...which in my opinion are completely and correctly.

Sorry for any offense. I just didn't understand the thinking behind it.

#2693 8 years ago

Whatever man. You're entitled to your opinion,but unfortunately my experience with Pinsiders has shown me that many "collectors" don't know as much as they think they do. I do my own board repairs, my own restorations, etc. and have over a decade as a technician for one of the largest amusement operators on the east coast. I would say that makes me a little more qualified than the average Pinsider and to be honest your opinion means less than dung to me.

#2694 8 years ago

Well....how are we supposed to know how much dung means to you as a comparison?

#2696 8 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

This used to be my favorite thread on Pinside...
Now it's stuffed with drama.
Come guys ... Let's get it back on track

Man, you said it.

Most of the additions are just pointless bickering and nonsense now.

Reminds me of a bunch of little girls being squirted with a garden hose.

#2697 8 years ago
Quoted from tstone:

Man, you said it.
Most of the additions are just pointless bickering and nonsense now.
Reminds me of a bunch of little girls being squirted with a garden hose.

No bickering. I asked a fair question and somebody took offense. That's not my problem.

And yes...I've squirted little girls with a garden hose.

Back to selling stuff!

#2698 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Yes.

No.

It does.

Yes. That's your choice to stop before the entire restoration is finished. I don't, and that's my choice. It's also the way HEP and other top restorers do things...which in my opinion are completely and correctly.
Sorry for any offense. I just didn't understand the thinking behind it.

And what about Naomi?

#2699 8 years ago

Original posting had bad youtube link. It is corrected now.

#2700 8 years ago

Have a Cirqus Voltaire I'd like to move - lowering price to $6700 firm. Playfield very nice, LED's and mirror blades installed. There is wear around both flipper buttons, but other than that it looks good.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/27667

There are 18,042 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 361.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-fs-in-maryland-right-now-maryland-fs-thread/page/54 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.