(Topic ID: 92448)

What's FS in Maryland,Va,DC,Pa,De right now ? Md and surrounding area FS Thread.

By stretch2

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17,938 posts
  • 928 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by schwts
  • Topic is favorited by 561 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20160803_162543_(resized).jpg
20160722_211350_(resized).jpg
mame_(resized).jpg
20160513_190649_(resized).jpg
20160513_190611_(resized).jpg
20160513_190934_(resized).jpg
20160513_190936_(resized).jpg
20160718_201832_(resized).jpg
20160718_201822_(resized).jpg
20160718_201617_(resized).jpg
20160718_201515_(resized).jpg
20160718_201508_(resized).jpg
20160718_201426_(resized).jpg
20160718_201458_(resized).jpg
20160718_201434_(resized).jpg
20160718_201353_(resized).jpg

There are 17,938 posts in this topic. You are on page 179 of 359.
#8901 5 years ago
Quoted from gripwhip:

IMVE for sale. Nicely modded.

Machine - For Sale
Iron Man (Pro Vault Edition)NOB - New out of box (first owner) “Very Nice HOU IMVE. Original Owner. Purchased new Feb 2015.

Mods/Details include:

ColorDMD LCD
Pinball Life Rev B Shaker Motor
Hooked Whiplash with EL White Whips
Speaker Lig...”
2 days ago Silver Spring, MD 5,500
gripwhip

Good value in mods on there. I really enjoy that game. Would buy if I weren't already committed to another purchase. GLWTS.

#8902 5 years ago

Machine - For Sale
Partially shopped/refurbished - “Up for sale is The Simpson’s Pinball Party (TSSP) The Pros: - Game plays 100%. No issues. - playfield very clean. No issues. - Undercabinet and back box LED RGB lighting - Las...”
2018-08-29
Mantua, NJ
Archived after: 12 days
Viewed: 737 times
still available

#8903 5 years ago

Want to buy a Dialed In LE - have cash ready. PM me if interested

#8904 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Pm me, let’s make a deal

#8905 5 years ago

Price drop

Machine - For Sale
Arena Archived
Partially restored (almost original) - “Up for grabs is one of the nicest copies of Gottlieb's Arena you will find. The playfield was just touched up and clearcoated with 2 part auto clear. New Titan Rubber New Glass ...”
2018-09-03
Lancaster, PA
Archived after: 11 days
Viewed: 414 times

#8906 5 years ago

WTB Doctor Who, still looking!

#8907 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

@genj

#8908 5 years ago

My DILE is for sale at a price of $7950 as well as my beautiful Stargate at $2600. I need to create an ad here on Pinside after vacation is over.

#8909 5 years ago

^^^ that stargate is amazing. Powder coated ramps and stuff get it before he posts photos and it gets snatched up.

#8910 5 years ago
Quoted from Genjuro:

My DILE is for sale at a price of $7950 as well as my beautiful Stargate at $2600. I need to create an ad here on Pinside after vacation is over.

Quoted from Chalkey:

^^^ that stargate is amazing. Powder coated ramps and stuff get it before he posts photos and it gets snatched up.

I to have played this Stargate. It is a very nice pin... The new owner will be very happy. The DILE is fantastic as well. The price is a steal w/ over 1k off. I would think this would go quick.. GLWTS!!!

#8911 5 years ago

Just posted for a minty fresh tastefully modded WOZ-ECLE in Rockville, MD.
Looking to swap out for another premium pin (e.g., MB, DI, MM...) or direct sale.
Welcome to drop by and kick the tires.

Machine - For Sale
Wizard of Oz Archived
HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) - “Wizard of Oz, Emerald City-Limited Edition in mint condition with low plays and filled with tasteful mods! Including: Invisiglass, shaker motor, ruby red shoe flippers, mirror side...”
2019-07-07
Rockville, MD
7,800 (Firm)
Archived after: 22 days
Viewed: 1431 times
Contributed to Pinside

#8912 5 years ago

Looking to trade my WH2O for a Iron Maiden. PM me or text me at 804-833-4967.

#8913 5 years ago

I've been looking for a Skill Roll for quite a while!

Jeff is always taunting me with his...

#8914 5 years ago

Passing this along. Huge pinball and video game auction going on in central PA Saturday Sept 8th.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lifetime-pinball-amp-video-game-collection-auction-in-central-pa-09-08#post-4572173

#8915 5 years ago

I’m looking for a sale, but might be open to a trade, if it’s something I can play for the next 4-6 weeks and sell quick once my TNA is ready.

Machine - For Sale
HUO - Undocumented (Home Used Only) - “It’s an undocumented home use only. I’m pretty sure I’m only the second owner. It has 1900 total plays on it now. Everything on it is working as it should. I’ve put in L...”
2018-09-24
Bethlehem, PA
4,700 (Firm)
Archived after: 30 days
Viewed: 1869 times
Contributed to Pinside

#8916 5 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Passing this along. Huge pinball and video game auction going on in central PA Saturday Sept 8th.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lifetime-pinball-amp-video-game-collection-auction-in-central-pa-09-08#post-4572173

Dont forget the 13% buyers premium not including sales tax. Makes those good deals not so hot.

#8917 5 years ago

listing my Tron. The price is more firm than not. If it doesn't sell that's fine.

will post pictures soon until pictures just imagine a like new Tron pro.

Would consider trades.

Machine - For Sale
HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) - “This is the re-run from 2012 so it has decals Has never moved from my gameroom, looks and plays like new Clue translight Mods: Color DMD ELI lighted ramps Arcade Mod Full LED...”
2018-09-03
Windermere, FL
7,000 (Firm)
Archived after: 21 days
Viewed: 665 times

#8918 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Dont forget the 13% buyers premium not including sales tax. Makes those good deals not so hot.

And everything still was run up to the moon in price.

#8919 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

And everything still was run up to the moon in price.

It's next weekend. Are you from the future?

#8920 5 years ago
Quoted from wxforecaster:

It's next weekend. Are you from the future?

I forgot the key part of my phrase...last year. Oops.

#8921 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I forgot the key part of my phrase...last year. Oops.

Auctions are a WASTE of time. Period!!

#8922 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Auctions are a WASTE of time. Period!!

I was under the impression that these are the last place to find deals - are there really no more deals to be had?

#8923 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I was under the impression that these are the last place to find deals - are there really no more deals to be had?

Maybe if you are in the middle of nowhere, and they have no online bidding. In the mid-atlantic? Nope. Way to many fisherman trying to catch the same little guppy. Everyone with an extra $100 in their pocket is an American Picker or a Pawn Star now.

#8924 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Maybe if you are in the middle of nowhere, and they have no online bidding. In the mid-atlantic? Nope. Way to many fisherman trying to catch the same little guppy. Everyone with an extra $100 in their pocket is an American Picker or a Pawn Star now.

This drives me crazy; that must be why it’s so hard to find basically any game lately

#8925 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME!!!! I have saved you my son. With high buyer fees and shell bidding, you will never get a great deal. Those days are long gone!

#8926 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME!!!! I have saved you my son. With high buyer fees and shell bidding, you will never get a great deal. Those days are long gone!

+1 for this sentiment. Unless you happen to be REALLY close and just have some time to kill, it's very unlikely to be worth the time or effort. Which means that the only recourse would be an online bid if something was reasonable.... In which case, the buyers premium increases another 5%. Now you are talking an 18% premium + the 6‰ sales tax, all while realistically bidding "blind". No thanks.

If the auction is really not out of my way, I've stopped in to check out a machine or two during the preview and then just submitted absentee bids while there for what I'd (non-emotionally) been willing to pay in the event a deal falls my way so I don't waste my time sitting through the auction or being driven to pay more than I really wanted to. But honestly, that strategy has yet to produce anything. Just too many pickers out there in this neck of the woods.

#8927 5 years ago
Quoted from cmack750:

+1 for this sentiment. Unless you happen to be REALLY close and just have some time to kill, it's very unlikely to be worth the time or effort. Which means that the only recourse would be an online bid if something was reasonable.... In which case, the buyers premium increases another 5%. Now you are talking an 18% premium + the 6‰ sales tax, all while realistically bidding "blind". No thanks.
If the auction is really not out of my way, I've stopped in to check out a machine or two during the preview and then just submitted absentee bids while there for what I'd (non-emotionally) been willing to pay in the event a deal falls my way so I don't waste my time sitting through the auction or being driven to pay more than I really wanted to. But honestly, that strategy has yet to produce anything. Just too many pickers out there in this neck of the woods.

I am 20 minutes away, and I would gain more by rearranging my sock drawer that day.

#8928 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I am 20 minutes away, and I would gain more by rearranging my sock drawer that day.

But eventually you will make a last minute decision and go anyway.

#8929 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

The part I don’t understand is without a doubt over half the pins will be sold to resellers. How are they making money off them? I’ve seen some project EMs selling for more then working ones at shows already. Don’t get it.

#8930 5 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

The part I don’t understand is without a doubt over half the pins will be sold to resellers. How are they making money off them? I’ve seen some project EMs selling for more then working ones at shows already. Don’t get it.

Somebody must be buying them, otherwise no one would do it. I have been shocked at the number of owners recently who barely know how to raise the playfield though - so maybe there’s just a lot of people getting in for the first time and are ok with out of control prices - although they usually get a warranty right?

#8931 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I have been shocked at the number of owners recently who barely know how to raise the playfield though - so maybe there’s just a lot of people getting in for the first time and are ok with out of control prices - although they usually get a warranty right?

Careful there... I literally had to ask last how to raise the playfield on my World Cup Soccer... But it's my first pin. Gotta start somewhere.

#8932 5 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Careful there... I literally had to ask last how to raise the playfield on my World Cup Soccer... But it's my first pin. Gotta start somewhere.

See? You’re learning - but did you over pay?
Lol - that was supposed to be hyperbole; I had to be shown on my first game too - I guess what I should have said was “i expected to have to fix my game on my own when I bought it from CL,” but perhaps buying from a retailer gets one the extra bit of assistance if the buyer is not interested in the fixing part, and is ok with paying a premium. Just speculating, I’m not sure what’s going on exactly

#8933 5 years ago

$160 in fees & tax for every $1000 spent if using cash. I'd have some interest in the TFTC project since I currently have one and would be nice to have a reference machine for the project. But without knowing how much of a project it is, plus 2.5 hours driving each way plus the likelihood of crazy prices = I ain't going.

#8934 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

See? You’re learning - but did you over pay?
Lol - that was supposed to be hyperbole; I had to be shown on my first game too - I guess what I should have said was “i expected to have to fix my game on my own when I bought it from CL,” but perhaps buying from a retailer gets one the extra bit of assistance if the buyer is not interested in the fixing part, and is ok with paying a premium. Just speculating, I’m not sure what’s going on exactly

I paid less than what all the WCS are for sale on Pinside for, but I've probably spent 8 hours with the playfield up this week cleaning, putting in LEDs, silencing the motor, and figuring out how to repair a couple of things. I get the idea that a lot of people buy pins off of here, then repair them and try to sell them at above pinside prices on facebook and craigslist after doing some basic repairs... keeping them and playing them until they sell. This is what I believe to be behind a lot of the "price inflation".

#8935 5 years ago

I paid less than what all the WCS are for sale on Pinside for, but I've probably spent 8 hours with the playfield up this week cleaning, putting in LEDs, silencing the motor, and figuring out how to repair a couple of things. I get the idea that a lot of people buy pins off of here, then repair them and try to sell them at above pinside prices on facebook and craigslist after doing some basic repairs... keeping them and playing them until they sell. This is what I believe to be behind a lot of the "price inflation".

I’ve definitely done that - but only after completely disassembling the game, restoring cabinet corners and decals, tumbling and polishing or re-graining all metal, cleaning the upper and lower play field to remove coil dust and grime, replacing all rubbers, flame polishing the ramps, and repairing all issues with power boards. I love doing that, too bad there aren’t a ton of games floating around to fix up

#8936 5 years ago

Domino's finally posted.

Machine - For Sale
As new - New out of box (first owner) - “I purchased this new in April of 2017. Was a small run of 135 machines most being sold to Domino's owners. It spent a spell at Lyman's Tavern in DC. In great condition and working ...”
2018-09-05
Chester, VA
Archived after: 10 days
Viewed: 413 times

#8937 5 years ago

Also remember, as far as those auctions go, most of those games you thought sold for good money are just buy-backs.

#8938 5 years ago

Yep, not to mention a lot of people are just plain willing to wait around until they find someone who will overpay, whether or not they fixed the game up. And then other people see all those ads with inflated prices and think that's how much they should get for their machine too. If you look in the archives, there are a lot of games for which most of the ads do not result in a sale, and the only ones that do are those with significantly lower prices.

#8939 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Here's a good example of a local (Eastern PA) auction that just happened where they had 2 machines for sale.... A big guns and an ID4. Both were players machines with lots of chips and dings and some playfield wear. The Big Guns was serviceable but needed a full shop job and didn't detected the balls. The ID4 needed major work... Lots of broken plastics, broken ramps, wouldn't properly eject into the shooter lane, etc.

Consider that these "sold" prices don't including the 15% premium that gets tacked on and I think this pretty well illustrates the point.....

https://uniquesandantiques.com/auction/180828/

Items 414 and 415

#8940 5 years ago

60-1 sold for $1800 at the last one.
Stay home.

Quoted from arcademojo:

#8941 5 years ago
Quoted from cmack750:

Here's a good example of a local (Eastern PA) auction that just happened where they had 2 machines for sale.... A big guns and an ID4. Both were players machines with lots of chips and dings and some playfield wear. The Big Guns was serviceable but needed a full shop job and didn't detected the balls. The ID4 needed major work... Lots of broken plastics, broken ramps, wouldn't properly eject into the shooter lane, etc.
Consider that these "sold" prices don't including the 15% premium that gets tacked on and I think this pretty well illustrates the point.....
Items 414 and 415

But the ad says they're "vintage"

#8942 5 years ago

I'm interested in adding an 80s game to my collection from someone local, though my budget is low. Would need to be fully working, or at least anything not working would have to be asy to fix. Looking to spend $500-$700, probably for a less desirable title. I'd pay a bit more for my favorites of that era- Flash Gordon, Centaur/Centaur 2, High Speed, Pinbot, Fathom. Let me know if you've got anything.

#8943 5 years ago

still looking for a virtual pin with force feedback - PM if you have one. thanks

#8944 5 years ago
Quoted from MrFancy:

I'm interested in adding an 80s game to my collection from someone local, though my budget is low. Would need to be fully working, or at least anything not working would have to be asy to fix. Looking to spend $500-$700, probably for a less desirable title. I'd pay a bit more for my favorites of that era- Flash Gordon, Centaur/Centaur 2, High Speed, Pinbot, Fathom. Let me know if you've got anything.

No offense, but you're dreaming in that price range! You would need to double your budget in today's market for any of those titles with centaur and Fathom much much more. And forget trying to find a bargain on Craigslist or someplace similar. If someone does list a pin at a lower price, before you can drive there to pick it up in the next 30 minutes, someone will be along to queer the deal by telling the seller that its too cheap and they will pay $x more if they hold it for them.

#8945 5 years ago
Quoted from sbmania:

No offense, but you're dreaming in that price range! You would need to double your budget in today's market for any of those titles with centaur and Fathom much much more. And forget trying to find a bargain on Craigslist or someplace similar. If someone does list a pin at a lower price, before you can drive there to pick it up in the next 30 minutes, someone will be along to queer the deal by telling the seller that its too cheap and they will pay $x more if they hold it for them.

Yeah, I was thinking $1-1.5k range for those. I checked the archives and you're right about Fathom and probably the original Centaur, but those other titles can sell in that range.

#8946 5 years ago

I agree with this comment. I don't think its mean to tell someone the truth. That poster has "Reasonable" prices in mind but sadly all the prices these days are in the crazy range. Even the project postings are kind of crazy. Take yesterday for example, 1k for three pins all garage kept with no ac (1 EM, 1 Tri-Zone (Yucky), and one Spring Break) none of them work and they still want 1k. That drives me crazy. I offered $500 just as a ball park as I bet they all have board issues / need parts and will have major planking / condition issues and I was told to "F*** off" . Oh well, I'm sure some poor soul will pick them up.

Quoted from sbmania:

#8947 5 years ago
Quoted from cmack750:

Items 414 and 415

I was in this auction via the app and the buyers premium for these machines was actually 24% + 6% sales tax... Once I saw ID4 hit 1200 + that premium + tax, I was OUT! Absolutely ridiculous!

#8948 5 years ago
Quoted from Cherga:

I was in this auction via the app and the buyers premium for these machines was actually 24% + 6% sales tax... Once I saw ID4 hit 1200 + that premium + tax, I was OUT! Absolutely ridiculous!

LOL, $2600 for ID4 and $1577 for Big Guns. Big guns looked fairly nice, but they didn't even bother to have any photos of the ID4 playfield!

#8949 5 years ago
Quoted from sbmania:

I’ll take a Fathom for $700 as well

#8950 5 years ago

I offer this pipe dream seller $725 if they hold it for me

There are 17,938 posts in this topic. You are on page 179 of 359.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-fs-in-maryland-right-now-maryland-fs-thread/page/179?hl=mrudowsky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.