(Topic ID: 92448)

What's FS in Maryland,Va,DC,Pa,De right now ? Md and surrounding area FS Thread.

By stretch2

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17,938 posts
  • 928 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by schwts
  • Topic is favorited by 561 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20160803_162543_(resized).jpg
20160722_211350_(resized).jpg
mame_(resized).jpg
20160513_190649_(resized).jpg
20160513_190611_(resized).jpg
20160513_190934_(resized).jpg
20160513_190936_(resized).jpg
20160718_201832_(resized).jpg
20160718_201822_(resized).jpg
20160718_201617_(resized).jpg
20160718_201515_(resized).jpg
20160718_201508_(resized).jpg
20160718_201426_(resized).jpg
20160718_201458_(resized).jpg
20160718_201434_(resized).jpg
20160718_201353_(resized).jpg

There are 17,938 posts in this topic. You are on page 172 of 359.
#8551 5 years ago
Quoted from MrFancy:

Not a FS but I just learned that the guy who owns VUK just opened a new location in College Park MD right off 495 that has 29 pins! It’s part of the Mom’s Organic Market on Rhode Island Ave... less than 15 min from my new house, can’t wait to check it out!

So it's actually in the MOMs market? I heard VUK was closing as they are knocking down the buildings for a high rise.

#8552 5 years ago
Quoted from Mike_M:

So it's actually in the MOMs market? I heard VUK was closing as they are knocking down the buildings for a high rise.

WHAT! WTF

MOMs is way further for me. Damn it...

#8553 5 years ago

I heard VUK will be gone eventually (at least that location) because of construction, but not any time soon according to their Facebook page.

#8554 5 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

I heard VUK will be gone eventually (at least that location) because of construction, but not any time soon according to their Facebook page.

They’ll be open for at least 18 more months, according to owner

#8555 5 years ago

Same building as the College Park Mom’s...I assume the pins aren’t literally in the aisles of the grocery store, though that would be kinda cool!

I couldn’t find any mention of it at all on the Mom’s website, which is weird, but if you Google there are local news stories about it. The Pinball Map app already has a list of all the games.

#8556 5 years ago

I listed a cocktail Golden Tee Complete & a modern Pachinko machine in the Market Place. The cocktail machine is very unique & is going for $1200. The Pachinko machine has all the bells & whistles & is going for $400. If you would happen to purchase both, minus $100 for each for a total of $1400. Again, these machines are very different & would make an excellent accent & add incredible fun to your game room.

#8557 5 years ago
Quoted from Ockeyhead:

I listed a cocktail Golden Tee Complete & a modern Pachinko machine in the Market Place. The cocktail machine is very unique & is going for $1200. The Pachinko machine has all the bells & whistles & is going for $400. If you would happen to purchase both, minus $100 for each for a total of $1400. Again, these machines are very different & would make an excellent accent & add incredible fun to your game room.

Thanks for interrupting the pinballmap thread!

#8558 5 years ago
Quoted from MrFancy:

Not a FS but I just learned that the guy who owns VUK just opened a new location in College Park MD right off 495 that has 29 pins! It’s part of the Mom’s Organic Market on Rhode Island Ave... less than 15 min from my new house, can’t wait to check it out!

I was there on Sunday. Pretty awesome! Pinball room is to the left, after the Naked Cafe. Some of the machines have issues. All machines $.50, which is nice. PinballMap.com has the full list, and some condition comments from me.

#8559 5 years ago

Somebody had to interrupt in order to get back to the post topic ~ What's For Sale...? Anyway, I also have a bad cat for sale >>> only .50$ cents <<<

#8560 5 years ago
Quoted from Ockeyhead:

Somebody had to interrupt in order to get back to the post topic ~ What's For Sale...? Anyway, I also have a bad cat for sale &gt;&gt;&gt; only .50$ cents &lt;&lt;&lt;

Tabby?

#8561 5 years ago
Quoted from SeaLawyer:

I was there on Sunday. Pretty awesome! Pinball room is to the left, after the Naked Cafe. Some of the machines have issues. All machines $.50, which is nice. PinballMap.com has the full list, and some condition comments from me.

That is great, and a huge step up from Players Club, which is real nice but boy is it hard to get people into pinball at $1 a game on STERN SW

#8562 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

That is great, and a huge step up from Players Club, which is real nice but boy is it hard to get people into pinball at $1 a game on STERN SW

If you are looking for places to play in the District the two best are the Black Cat at 14th and R and Lyman's Tavern further up 14th a little past Columbia Heights. Black Cat emphasizes older machines, doesn't open until late, and can get crowded with a hipster element that isn't playing pinball. Still, good place to play with about 15 machines. Lyman's is perfect if you ask me, emphasizes new games like AfM, TNA, ST, SW, IMDN, Houdini, with a few older games too and the bar is very much about playing pinball. If you've been playing at Player's Club and haven't been to Lyman's yet... my dude, get your ass to Lymans, you'll probably find me there. Opens at 11 every day, and no problem if you just want to play and not drink.

#8563 5 years ago
Quoted from MrFancy:

If you are looking for places to play in the District the two best are the Black Cat at 14th and R and Lyman's Tavern further up 14th a little past Columbia Heights. Black Cat emphasizes older machines, doesn't open until late, and can get crowded with a hipster element that isn't playing pinball. Still, good place to play with about 15 machines. Lyman's is perfect if you ask me, emphasizes new games like AfM, TNA, ST, SW, IMDN, Houdini, with a few older games too and the bar is very much about playing pinball. If you've been playing at Player's Club and haven't been to Lyman's yet... my dude, get your ass to Lymans, you'll probably find me there. Opens at 11 every day, and no problem if you just want to play and not drink.

I'm a regular at Lyman's, and unfortunately Black Cat opens too late for me to go there most days. But thanks! Lyman's has a great selection of games, (although I wish they'd get that Domino's out of there...) and in general they seem to be better maintained games. But VUK has the games Lyman's doesn't, so to speak, so they are both critical! haha

I forgot they have an IMDN at Lyman's! Shoot, I need to get up there this week.

#8564 5 years ago

Bumping this. Located in Alexandria, VA:

Machine - For Sale
Paragon Archived
Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean - “Players condition. Has Pinball Electronics light board and all bulbs replaced with LEDs (no flickering). New power rectifier board. Everything working. Playfield has wear, can ...”
2018-08-26
Alexandria, VA
1,100 (OBO)
Archived after: 91 days
Viewed: 1770 times

#8565 5 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

Bumping this. Located in Alexandria, CA:

Machine - For Sale
ParagonUsed - shows wear but 100% working and clean “Players condition. Has Pinball Electronics light board and all bulbs replaced with LEDs (no flickering). New power rectifier board. Everything working. Playfield has wear, can ...”
9 days ago Alexandria, VA 1,300 (OBO)
lyonsden

Or Alexandria, Virginia!

#8566 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Or Alexandria, Virginia!

Thanks for catching that! Yes, VA.

#8567 5 years ago

Domino’s is long gone. It’s a bummer, game had potential but the lighting was wayyy too dim for a bar environment and the sound worked for maybe a week.

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I'm a regular at Lyman's, and unfortunately Black Cat opens too late for me to go there most days. But thanks! Lyman's has a great selection of games, (although I wish they'd get that Domino's out of there...) and in general they seem to be better maintained games. But VUK has the games Lyman's doesn't, so to speak, so they are both critical! haha
I forgot they have an IMDN at Lyman's! Shoot, I need to get up there this week.

#8568 5 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

Domino’s is long gone. It’s a bummer, game had potential but the lighting was wayyy too dim for a bar environment and the sound worked for maybe a week.

No kidding? I guess I haven’t been there in a bit after all

#8569 5 years ago

As long as we’re derailing this FS thread, I have to plug the weekly Wednesday 4-strike tournament at the Black Cat, we need more players so come out tonight if you can. They have a Bride of Pinbot 2.0 for god sakes, and a nice Centaur, and good beer.

#8570 5 years ago

In an effort to get it back on track I'm thinking about selling my Iron Maiden pro. Low plays home use only, perfect condition. Open to trades and offers. Not in any hurry because I like the layout but I just am not a fan of the music and lack of toys.

#8571 5 years ago

Created this thread for regional location, league, and tournament discussion:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dc-md-va-players-thread-locations-tournaments-league

#8572 5 years ago

Just played Maiden pro last night for the first time. Was impressed with the package. Great looking game, and really fun layout. Might not be for you, but someone will surely enjoy it.

Quoted from Butch2099:

In an effort to get it back on track I'm thinking about selling my Iron Maiden pro. Low plays home use only, perfect condition. Open to trades and offers. Not in any hurry because I like the layout but I just am not a fan of the music and lack of toys.

#8573 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

WHAT! WTF
MOMs is way further for me. Damn it...

MOMs is literally minutes from the beltway. It's less than 1 mile from the 95/Rt1 interchange.

VUK will be around for now... but it has always been a dead-man walking location. It's why the location was picked in the first place... cheap due to pending redevelopment.

MOMs will be the next evolution... 25-50pins.

#8574 5 years ago
Quoted from RVApinballer:

Just played Maiden pro last night for the first time. Was impressed with the package. Great looking game, and really fun layout. Might not be for you, but someone will surely enjoy it.

IMO - if you like the music, it's a no brainer. If you don't, as I've learned, it's a pass. At first you can convince yourself it's not that bad and it even begins to make a little more sense but the more and more you play it, the music absolutely kills it for a non fan. I really hope Stern reskins it like shrek/FG. Such a good game....

#8575 5 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

Sold pending payment and pick up. It is a very fun layout I just don't care for any of the songs and wish it had more toys. The premium to me isn't worth the couple of extra toys like Star Wars is

#8576 5 years ago

South Park - topper, good shape. Pics coming. 2650obo

#8577 5 years ago

Relisting this colorful game!

Quoted from FatDaddyRich:

Who’d like a Kiss?
Just listed

Machine - For Sale
KISS Premium - HUO &amp; Mint!HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) “KISS Premium
Original owner, HUO, smoke-free home
Light use (maybe 300 plays), purchased in Aug-2015.
All manuals, tags, etc. in goody box.
Latest software loaded- 1.30.0
Basic m...”
6,300 (OBO)
Mark sale pendingEdit ad detailsEnd ad listing

#8578 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

MOMs is literally minutes from the beltway. It's less than 1 mile from the 95/Rt1 interchange.
VUK will be around for now... but it has always been a dead-man walking location. It's why the location was picked in the first place... cheap due to pending redevelopment.
MOMs will be the next evolution... 25-50pins.

I gotta get up there! I can metro to VUK and walk from work to Lyman's, so I'll scope out the MOMs.. thanks!

#8579 5 years ago

I'm thinking about selling my Woz (75th) and Houdini. Both are HOU. I'm the 2nd owner on Woz, and first on Houdini. Both are in great shape. Woz has additional spot lights added. Houdini has pin stadium lights, but I could remove those. I'm in northern VA, and am not yet ready to contemplate shipping, so it would have to be a pick-up deal. The Houdini is easy to get out (basement door). Unfortunately Woz as a wide-body will have to go up stairs .

#8580 5 years ago

Gauging interest gonna have a road show for sale in the next month or so. Little to no fade. Heads completely rebuilt, mirror blades and an lcd color dmd. One tiny opto issue in trough but I’m working on fixing if I don’t ill throw in the part. Game plays 100%. Asking for $3200

#8581 5 years ago

If anyone here needs a playfield cleared or restored I have one slot open for the next two weeks, get in while you can.

#8582 5 years ago

Looking for a nice TAF. Potential trade for ultra nice SS or Tron (not sure yet) or cash. PM me if interested.

#8583 5 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

I'm thinking about selling my Woz (75th) and Houdini. Both are HOU. I'm the 2nd owner on Woz, and first on Houdini. Both are in great shape. Woz has additional spot lights added. Houdini has pin stadium lights, but I could remove those. I'm in northern VA, and am not yet ready to contemplate shipping, so it would have to be a pick-up deal. The Houdini is easy to get out (basement door). Unfortunately Woz as a wide-body will have to go up stairs .

For WOZ you can easily remove the head and playfield - takes about 15 minutes. WAAAAAAY lighter. Bring up the game in 3 pieces instead of 1 back-breaker. It’s light enough to be a one person job in a pinch.

#8584 5 years ago

Been out of the hobby since I bought my house two years ago (no space for pins), but looking to ease my way back into the coin op hobby with a couple of upright arcades. Looking for a Spy Hunter and/or Donkey Kong dedicated upright in or around Richmond VA. I know this is a pin forum but so many people in the Richmond pin community have been so helpful to me in the past. Anybody got a line on one of these?

#8585 5 years ago

Count Gore/Captain 20!

#8586 5 years ago

Anyone getting POTC JJP

#8587 5 years ago

I've got a pretty nice used speaker panel plastic for a williams indy up for sale for $60 plus shipping. I actually bought a new one and realized that it wasn't really all that necessary! I can take pics upon request but the panel is in great shape with a few slight scratches to the clear plastic that protects the dmd but only noticeable in certain light and not really at all during game play.

Also have a decent sheet of widebody glass with some scratches but not bad for $40 (local pickup only in Arlington VA.

#8588 5 years ago
Quoted from Britt-in-VA:

Been out of the hobby since I bought my house two years ago (no space for pins), but looking to ease my way back into the coin op hobby with a couple of upright arcades. Looking for a Spy Hunter and/or Donkey Kong dedicated upright in or around Richmond VA. I know this is a pin forum but so many people in the Richmond pin community have been so helpful to me in the past. Anybody got a line on one of these?

If you're on Facebook send me a PM and I can connect you with someone who has these. If not he can find them.

#8589 5 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

If you're on Facebook send me a PM and I can connect you with someone who has these. If not he can find them.

Thanks! I'm actually not on Facebook... As a teacher, I try to keep my social media profile low. By any chance are you referring to djdns? We had a transaction in the past and not only is he a really good dude, but I also know that he has a crazy collection. I was going to reach out to him on Klov if that's the guy you were referring to. I just forgot my login info and it's such a pain to get registered over there (at least I recall it being that way in the past), plus I was going to see if there was anything in the immediate vicinity before reaching out.

#8590 5 years ago

starting the search for an Afm LE or possible SE in the Md western Pa area. have a potential buyer for one of my pins in the Pitt area so we could work out transport if AFM is in western pa. lmk if your thinking of selling in the next few weeks

#8591 5 years ago

Roller Coaster Tycoon - nice players shape. Game plays 100%. Boards are good. Playfield is excellent. Some one touched up flipper button wear but its not bad.

$2500 OBO

#8592 5 years ago
Quoted from Britt-in-VA:

Thanks! I'm actually not on Facebook... As a teacher, I try to keep my social media profile low. By any chance are you referring to djdns? We had a transaction in the past and not only is he a really good dude, but I also know that he has a crazy collection. I was going to reach out to him on Klov if that's the guy you were referring to. I just forgot my login info and it's such a pain to get registered over there (at least I recall it being that way in the past), plus I was going to see if there was anything in the immediate vicinity before reaching out.

Yup that's him. Glad you have communication with him. Hell take care of you for sure.

#8593 5 years ago

Seeing if anyone has interest in a players condition Getaway HS2. Plays 100%. Just put in a new opto board for the supercharger and I have a new Rottendog power driver board that I could throw in for 200 more. The original power driver board works, but has some interesting hacks from earlier in its life. Old boards are yours if you want to tinker with them. LEDs throughout. I used some color LEDs in the GI, but I have all the old bulbs if that's more your taste. Some playfield wear near the pop bumper and had some touch ups from a previous owner. Solid players machine if you're itching to get to 5th gear and run from the law man.

$2400 or $2600 with new Rottendog PDB
OBO

Located in Richmond, VA.

#8594 5 years ago
Quoted from Alicksbaldwin:

Seeing if anyone has interest in a players condition Getaway HS2. Plays 100%. Just put in a new opto board for the supercharger and I have a new Rottendog power driver board that I could throw in for 200 more. The original power driver board works, but has some interesting hacks from earlier in its life. Old boards are yours if you want to tinker with them. LEDs throughout. I used some color LEDs in the GI, but I have all the old bulbs if that's more your taste. Some playfield wear near the pop bumper and had some touch ups from a previous owner. Solid players machine if you're itching to get to 5th gear and run from the law man.
OBO
Located in Richmond, VA.

Reaper802

#8595 5 years ago

Elektra for sale. PM me with details

Added over 6 years ago:

Sold

#8596 5 years ago

This guy is an awesome seller. I've seen this machine and it is in great shape. Buy with confidence

Quoted from Alicksbaldwin:

OBO
Located in Richmond, VA.

#8597 5 years ago

Hello.
Checking for interest in a GOTG. Practically NIB. Has less than 50 plays. Very fun game. Just not my theme. Has Cleland SD Card installed. Easily replaced with Stern SD card to make it original.

Asking $5,100 OBO

Rick. 610-247-8489. Call or Text.

Will probably be posting in a few days.

#8598 5 years ago

Thanks bud! I wouldn't say its in the greatest shape cosmetically, but it plays great so its reflected in the price. Getting pictures together now

Quoted from darcangeloel:

This guy is an awesome seller. I've seen this machine and it is in great shape. Buy with confidence

#8599 5 years ago

I'll be posting a HUO Houdini and a nice Theater of Magic for sale this weekend. Have not had a chance to take pics yet. If anyone thinks they may be interested in advance let me know. Will be asking about $6500 each.

#8600 5 years ago

Been considering adding a Super Chexx. Anyone parting with one?

There are 17,938 posts in this topic. You are on page 172 of 359.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-fs-in-maryland-right-now-maryland-fs-thread/page/172?hl=darcangeloel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.